VBA - Focus on field - 15903

Hi!

I have writen some VBA code on the Payables Transaction Entry window, to
change the focus onto the BATCH ID field, as soon as an existing transactions
has been selected.

The problem I am having is tha sometimes when the BAtch ID field gets the
focus, its value doesnt get fully highlighted, just a portion of it, then if
the users need to change the value it wiil need to double click on the field
(or select the text).

I have noticed that this happens when I select my first transaction with a
bacth ID= 1234 (this value gets highlighted fine), then I select a second
transaction and the Batch ID =123456, in this case only 1234 gets highlighted.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with more information as to why
this is happening?

any workarounds?

Thanks!!

outputing table to excel file using VBA Access 2000
H I have a VBA module that I want to use to output an Access 2000 table to an excel spreadsheet the code is DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, "xBExport", acFormatXLS, "ScotiaTrackBranchExport.xls", Fals this code worked in Access 97 I then converted the database to Access 2000 I get the following error: runtime error 2281: the formats taht enable you to output data as an MS Excel are missing or incorrectly registered in the Windows registry I checked my references to make sure using the accesss 2000 DAO and object library, etc Does anyone know the answer to this problem...

How do you show only one row on Spreadsheet using VBA
For a spreadsheet consisting of many rows I have a VBA routine that finds the row of interest. Using VBA, how do you display only that row and the spreadsheet header making all other rows invisible? I didn't see an option in the AutoFilter to select a just a row number. Hi you could set the .hide property to TRUE for all other rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <Dennis@NoSpam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4ob2o0p7dvhqeuj1g0sgo8ohvo59td00nt@4ax.com... > For a spreadsheet consisting of many rows I have a VBA routine that finds the > row of interest. Using VBA...

Field not centered vertically in row

Trouble formatting Mail merge Number field for european format
I have to mail merge a letter using XLS as datasource that has some currency fields and the output of the currency fields should be formatted to european format (eg: 1.234.567,99) Please note that decimal separator is comma and group seperator a dot. If could not find a suitable switch. Can someone please point me to right place? O/S: Windows XP MS Office 2003 The European format would be; 1,234,567.99 and not the decimal seperator being a comma "SRV" <SRV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91B4D91E-294F-4F6B-A131-743D3171A7E2@microsoft.co...

Word 2007 form: Check boxes are making my other fields stop worki
I’ve created a form in Word 2007, using form fields and checkboxes. It looks great. After I lock it, I can fill in the text fields. But as soon as I click a checkbox, I can no longer fill in the text fields. I go back to the text fields I already filled and try to edit those; I cannot. It’s as if they become read-only as soon as I click on a checkbox. What gives? This is really frustrating. I am using the Rich Text Form Fields (the very first icon on the Controls section of the Developer tab) and the Check Box Form Field (under Legacy Tools, Legacy Forms). Thanks f...

Printer selection in VBA
Hi, I'm trying to give the user the ability to select the printer they use within a macro. The code I've got so far is show below (I know it's not pretty but I'm a bit of a novice). The problem is that when the Printer Dialog box appears it requires to presses of the OK button to make the macro continue and print the copy. Any ideas why this might be and how to fix it? Thanks, Mike Sub Print_Report() ' ' Macro to prepare rows for printing to ensure only rows containing data ' are visible and then print one copy UserForm1.Show With ActiveSheet.PageSetu...

On account field in sales orders
For some of our invoices, the on account field is zero for some of the invoices although the invoices have subtotals and grand totals. There is no amount received on the invoice when entering in. As a result, the amount remaining on the resulting receivables invoice is zero. We need to run reconcile on the receivables invoice to fix it so that we can accept payment. Has anyone seen this before on Great Plains 8? Are you on SP5? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Stacey" wrote: > For some of our invoic...

breakdown adresses into separate fields
I have a table of about 12,000 addresses containig a Street No, street name and a suffix (ave, dr, etc). Can I break this into separate fields? (there are also some two-word street names which, of course, have a space between the two words.) I need to puul the street # up to the space into a field, then the suffix following the last space into a field leaving the remaining street name in a field by itsself). How can I accomplish this feat?? thanx - d On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:50:00 -0800, David# <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table of about 12,000 addresses...

Adding report restriction using VBA
Does anyone knows how to add report restrictions to a dynamic Report using modifier/VBA? I am using GPv7.5 with SQl Server 2000 on an NT. Thanks There are two ways I know to achieve this. One is the use VBA to reject (not print) any report sections that are not part of your restriction. If you do this you will probably need to use VBA to calculate any totals to ensure that they only include valid records. Method two is to actually run the report yourself with the restriction in place. This is possible using the unsupported method of Pass through Dexterity Scripts. You can then u...

Find/replace search field defaults
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. When I use Find/Replace, I generally want to search across all fields. The default "Search within" is set at "Sheet" so I have to change it each time I open the workbook. How can I set this default to be "Workbook" so I don't have to change it each time? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

change series or line color in excel 2007 vba
I've done this hundreds of times in 2003, but in 2007 I'm hitting some snags. I think it has to do with the chart styles found in excel 2007. I'm trying to change the color of a series in my line graph using the following code: Set ch = Worksheets("Chart").ChartObjects(1) Set objSeries = ch.Chart.SeriesCollection(1) objSeries.Format.Line.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 127, 0) But, this isn't working at all. Nothing is happening to the line. I'm able to do other things to the series, such as change the marker style, the marker color, the line style, but not th...

importing the 'to' field history
When you have emailed someone in outlook the next time you type in the first few characters of that name it pops up for you to select. Does anybody know the extension of the log file that contains that history so that I may import that file to a new machine? ...

Sales Uder Defined Field Entry
I would like to know how to add a field to our SOP Activity Order Detail Report. I would like to add a field created under the User Defined area of the Sales Transction Entry Field. We created a "list" for document/order status. I would like this field to print on the above mentioned report. Thank you ...

To: Field sloooow behavior
Some users (including myself, up until a recent rebuild of my PC) are suffering from this odd behavior and I'm hoping one of you can help. Using Outlook 2007 on a domain with Exhange 2003; some users on XP Pro, some on Vista Enterprise. I fire up a new email and start typing in the To: field. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the letters to appear. Worse yet, if I make a mistake and need to backspace, it can take several seconds to erase the characters. I thought I had narrowed the problem down to Windows Desktop Search because uninstalling it eliminated the problem on one use...

Parameter fields in FRx
A useful function to add to FRx would be the ability to use parameter fields within Rows, columns, tres and catalogs. This could save a lot of maintenance at run time espically when running daily reports where start and end dates are used. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Populating a field
I've created a entry form which has a look-up field for the machineID. I would like that when the user selects the machineID in the look-up; other fields (location, model) are populated. Is it possible and what is the process? I have a query for the machine selection and used it to create a subform. But this doesn't accomplish my goal. The information isn't captured inthe main form's table. Try adding columns to a combobox and populating textboxes using the combo's column property (aircode): Sub cboWhatever_AfterUpdate() Me.txtTextbox1 = Me.cboWhatever.Colu...

Multiple quantity fields in Opportunity products
Hi I work for a company that sell and lease software. Entering a sales opportunity is simple. Just pick the product and number of licenses. If somebody wants to lease the software I get a problem. I now have 2 quantities: Number of licenses and length of lease period (months). It is my impression that the quantity field is central in calculations and reports, so I hesitate to make any modification to that field. I have come up with 2 candidate solution, but don't like any of them: 1. Make a unit for each number of months per product, and make a matching entry in the price list ...

Fields in SOP10100
Are the fields SIMPLIFD, GPSFOINTEGRATIONID, CORRNXST in SOP10100 used by Great Plains in any of its business logic. I want to use these fields for my customized needs but do not want to change values if they are used by Great Plains anywhere. What are you going to do with them? From the SDK: Simplified: Flag to indicate that this transaction is a Simplified transaction. GPSFO Integration ID: Great Plains Front Office only. Holds the primary key of front office records that are integrated to this record. Correction to Nonexisting Transaction: Flag to indicate that this transac...

To be able to pull the table and column names of a field.
It would be very useful to be able to know where the data for a specific field is stored in the database. This can be crucial for report writing as well as just basic troubleshooting. (For example, hitting F10 would display a message with the name of the db, table and column names where the data for that field is stored.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Problem with Exchange 2000 with multiple recipients in BCC field
Hi, our mail server is Exchange 2000 server SP3+post SP3 hotfixes on Windows 2000 server SP4. Users are having problems when they try to send mails that have multiple SMTP recipients in BCC field. Sometimes messages are sent but sometimes outlook gives error "the operation failed." If users get this error, they are not able to send that message anymore, even if they create new message and copy/paste message content from old message. Sometimes they succeed if they remove some recipients but not everytime. This problem occurs with Outlook 2000, Outlook XP and even with OWA (exc...

Need to sort several different fields together
I have to sort by last name, then first name, and by company (because some businesses don't have a person assigned to them). How can I achieve this!! Need help as soon as possbile. Use an ORDER BY clause: ORDER BY LastNameField, FirstNameField, CompanyNameField -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Jannette" <Jannette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA404639-5DDB-4C29-9A35-AB305438318B@microsoft.com... >I have to sort by last name, then first name, and by company (because some > businesses don't have a person assigned to them). &g...

CRM SFO Quote Template Custom Fields Wont Merge
In creating a modified version of the CRM SFO Quote.dot file the custom fields we created in CRM show up with standard (merge) fields when added to the template, but don't merge along with the standard fields when the template is sent to merge. What could we be doing wrong? What might we look for? On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:19:00 -0800, "Darryl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In creating a modified version of the CRM SFO Quote.dot >file the custom fields we created in CRM show up with >standard (merge) fields when added to the template, but &g...

can't select field in view to move or set properties
Ever had this problem? Got to be the strangest thing. Well, I found the answer and have to give credit to Mitch Milan's blog and apparaently Nithya Balasubramanian for finding the problem. The problem is when customizing a view you can't select a field to move it to the right or left or edit the width. Here is the answer: http://blogs.infinite-x.net/2007/11/10/solution-to-unable-to-edit-view-columns/ In case this link doesn't work the answer is simply and quite strangely adding about:blank to your trusted sites or to the local intranet site depending on what zone your crm ...

VBA in form to substitute for parameters
Hi, I created a query that pulls variances. I have parameters set-up for: Enter Current Month Enter Current Year Enter Previous Month Enter Previous Year I want to put this criteria in a form command button to preview a report. This is my SQL from the query: SELECT [UNIONQRY-ODC].Category, [UNIONQRY-ODC].Group, [UNIONQRY-ODC].Product, [UNIONQRY-ODC].PA_Descriptions, [UNIONQRY-ODC].Credit_GL_Acct, Sum(IIf([Mnth]=1,[ODC_Cost],0)) AS ODCCurrent, Sum(IIf([Mnth]=2,[ODC_Cost],0)) AS ODCPrevious, [ODCCurrent]-[ODCPrevious] AS ODCDelta FROM [UNIONQRY-ODC] GROUP BY [UNIONQ...

VBA Comment question
Dear Friends, I need some help on this: 1) How can I change, via vba, the initials property of the author of the current doc. I am making different types of comments and want them under different initials. Going to options and changing manually is very tedious. 2) When viewing comments the text the comment is referring to is highlighted by the comment color. How can I get the highlighted text into a variable? Thank you Susan -- Change dead to live and you got my email address. To change the Author and initials of all of the comments, use Dim acomment As Comment ...