VBA calling sp with ANSI_NULLS set ON

Hi,

On Query Analyzer, I created a sp as follow:

if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id =
object_id(N'dbo.PCS_SEG1') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure')= 1)
DROP PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
GO
CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
as
set ANSI_NULLS on
set ANSI_WARNINGS on
** sql statement ***

I need the to set ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS on as it involves another
server using linked server.

When executing the sp from query analyzer, it works fine too:

exec PCS_SEG1

But, when I called from VBA, I received error:

Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to
be set for the connection.

Any advice?

0
HFLo (288)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

If the sql code it called from dexterity using a sproc or pass thru sql, the
set ansi_nuills and set ansi_warning is done by the call, and as yet I have
found no way to circumvent this.

One way you COULD try, is to have a view within a database on the SQL
instance on which the Great Plains database is hosted, and see if that
allows you to connect to the foreign table.
That is, the view refers to the tabel on the alternate system.

Otherwise your only option will be to copy from the foreign system and table
to a copy of it in the Great Plains database so you dont get the hetergenous
error! This may not give you real-time updates, but at least you can view
the data.

------
Robert

"HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> On Query Analyzer, I created a sp as follow:
>>

> if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id =
> object_id(N'dbo.PCS_SEG1') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure')= 1)
> DROP PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
> GO
> CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
> as
> set ANSI_NULLS on
> set ANSI_WARNINGS on
> ** sql statement ***
>>

> I need the to set ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS on as it involves another
> server using linked server.
>
> When executing the sp from query analyzer, it works fine too:
>>
> exec PCS_SEG1
>>
> But, when I called from VBA, I received error:
>
> Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to
> be set for the connection.
>
> Any advice?

0
Robert
3/4/2007 4:21:26 PM
How are you getting the connection to SQL in your VBA?

What you might have to do is a trick that is detailed in a KB.  Search for
"Heterogeneous and Dexterity" and it'll tell you what you need to do to
solve the problem.  Yes it's talking about Dexterity and stored procedures
but the "root" cause and the solution is going to be the same.  Interesting,
I used this same KB to solve a SQL DB trigger issue where the guy was having
essentially the same problem....

patrick
mbs dev support

"HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> On Query Analyzer, I created a sp as follow:
>>

> if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id =
> object_id(N'dbo.PCS_SEG1') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure')= 1)
> DROP PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
> GO
> CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
> as
> set ANSI_NULLS on
> set ANSI_WARNINGS on
> ** sql statement ***
>>

> I need the to set ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS on as it involves another
> server using linked server.
>
> When executing the sp from query analyzer, it works fine too:
>>
> exec PCS_SEG1
>>
> But, when I called from VBA, I received error:
>
> Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to
> be set for the connection.
>
> Any advice?

0
prot1 (1345)
3/8/2007 2:03:03 AM
thks for the info. will check out the KB

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> How are you getting the connection to SQL in your VBA?
>
> What you might have to do is a trick that is detailed in a KB.  Search for
> "Heterogeneous and Dexterity" and it'll tell you what you need to do to
> solve the problem.  Yes it's talking about Dexterity and stored procedures
> but the "root" cause and the solution is going to be the same.  Interesting,
> I used this same KB to solve a SQL DB trigger issue where the guy was having
> essentially the same problem....
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support
>

> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Query Analyzer, I created a sp as follow:
> >>

> > if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id =
> > object_id(N'dbo.PCS_SEG1') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure')= 1)
> > DROP PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
> > GO
> > CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
> > as
> > set ANSI_NULLS on
> > set ANSI_WARNINGS on
> > ** sql statement ***
> >>

> > I need the to set ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS on as it involves another
> > server using linked server.
> >
> > When executing the sp from query analyzer, it works fine too:
> >>
> > exec PCS_SEG1
> >>
> > But, when I called from VBA, I received error:
> >
> > Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to
> > be set for the connection.
> >
> > Any advice?

0
HFLo (288)
3/8/2007 3:01:05 AM
Hi, Patrick:
I tried the method outlined in the KB and it works fine when I login as sa,
but any other user received error:
Login failed for user xxxx

I had granted permission:
GRANT EXECUTE ON dbo.xxxxx to DYNGRP

where xxxx is the stored proc.

any clue?

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> How are you getting the connection to SQL in your VBA?
>
> What you might have to do is a trick that is detailed in a KB.  Search for
> "Heterogeneous and Dexterity" and it'll tell you what you need to do to
> solve the problem.  Yes it's talking about Dexterity and stored procedures
> but the "root" cause and the solution is going to be the same.  Interesting,
> I used this same KB to solve a SQL DB trigger issue where the guy was having
> essentially the same problem....
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support
>

> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Query Analyzer, I created a sp as follow:
> >>

> > if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id =
> > object_id(N'dbo.PCS_SEG1') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure')= 1)
> > DROP PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
> > GO
> > CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
> > as
> > set ANSI_NULLS on
> > set ANSI_WARNINGS on
> > ** sql statement ***
> >>

> > I need the to set ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS on as it involves another
> > server using linked server.
> >
> > When executing the sp from query analyzer, it works fine too:
> >>
> > exec PCS_SEG1
> >>
> > But, when I called from VBA, I received error:
> >
> > Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to
> > be set for the connection.
> >
> > Any advice?

0
HFLo (288)
3/8/2007 6:48:05 AM
Its been a while since I worked with linked servers, but is it possible the
GP user ID you are passing through to the proc doesn't have access to the
data on or does not have login rights to the linked SQL server?

Dwight

> Hi, Patrick:
> I tried the method outlined in the KB and it works fine when I login as
> sa,
> but any other user received error:
> Login failed for user xxxx
>
> I had granted permission:
> GRANT EXECUTE ON dbo.xxxxx to DYNGRP
>
> where xxxx is the stored proc.
>
> any clue?
>

> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> How are you getting the connection to SQL in your VBA?
>>
>> What you might have to do is a trick that is detailed in a KB.  Search
>> for
>> "Heterogeneous and Dexterity" and it'll tell you what you need to do to
>> solve the problem.  Yes it's talking about Dexterity and stored
>> procedures
>> but the "root" cause and the solution is going to be the same.
>> Interesting,
>> I used this same KB to solve a SQL DB trigger issue where the guy was
>> having
>> essentially the same problem....
>>
>> patrick
>> mbs dev support
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > On Query Analyzer, I created a sp as follow:
>> >>

>> > if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id =
>> > object_id(N'dbo.PCS_SEG1') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure')= 1)
>> > DROP PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
>> > GO
>> > CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.PCS_SEG1
>> > as
>> > set ANSI_NULLS on
>> > set ANSI_WARNINGS on
>> > ** sql statement ***
>> >>

>> > I need the to set ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS on as it involves
>> > another
>> > server using linked server.
>> >
>> > When executing the sp from query analyzer, it works fine too:
>> >>
>> > exec PCS_SEG1
>> >>
>> > But, when I called from VBA, I received error:
>> >
>> > Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options
>> > be set for the connection.
>> >
>> > Any advice?

thks for the 'enlightentment', will check on this.

"Dwight Specht" wrote:

> Its been a while since I worked with linked servers, but is it possible the
> GP user ID you are passing through to the proc doesn't have access to the
> data on or does not have login rights to the linked SQL server?
>
> Dwight
>
> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, Patrick:
> > I tried the method outlined in the KB and it works fine when I login as
> > sa,
> > but any other user received error:
> > Login failed for user xxxx
> >
> > I had granted permission:
> > GRANT EXECUTE ON dbo.xxxxx to DYNGRP
> >
> > where xxxx is the stored proc.
> >
> > any clue?
> >

> > "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> How are you getting the connection to SQL in your VBA?
> >>
> >> What you might have to do is a trick that is detailed in a KB.  Search
> >> for
> >> "Heterogeneous and Dexterity" and it'll tell you what you need to do to
> >> solve the problem.  Yes it's talking about Dexterity and stored
> >> procedures
> >> but the "root" cause and the solution is going to be the same.
> >> Interesting,
> >> I used this same KB to solve a SQL DB trigger issue where the guy was
> >> having
> >> essentially the same problem....
> >>
> >> patrick
> >> mbs dev support
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
HFLo (288)
3/8/2007 6:39:54 PM
HFLo,

Also check the obvious, both procs must have permissions granted to DYNGRP
or else normal users won't be able to run the proc (no permissions).  sa of
course could.

patrick
mbs dev support

> thks for the 'enlightentment', will check on this.
>

> "Dwight Specht" wrote:
>
>> Its been a while since I worked with linked servers, but is it possible
>> the
>> GP user ID you are passing through to the proc doesn't have access to the
>> data on or does not have login rights to the linked SQL server?
>>
>> Dwight
>>
>> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, Patrick:
>> > I tried the method outlined in the KB and it works fine when I login as
>> > sa,
>> > but any other user received error:
>> > Login failed for user xxxx
>> >
>> > I had granted permission:
>> > GRANT EXECUTE ON dbo.xxxxx to DYNGRP
>> >
>> > where xxxx is the stored proc.
>> >
>> > any clue?

0
prot1 (1345)
3/9/2007 4:22:47 AM
Has this issue been resolved?  I'm having the same problem.  I'm invoking a
local sproc from dexterity.  The sproc makes use of a linked server to update
tables on a different SQL Server.  When executed as "sa", everything works.
When executed as any other non-privileged user, the sproc fails with a
"heterogeneous queries" error.

Any ideas?

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> HFLo,
>
> Also check the obvious, both procs must have permissions granted to DYNGRP
> or else normal users won't be able to run the proc (no permissions).  sa of
> course could.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thks for the 'enlightentment', will check on this.
> >

> > "Dwight Specht" wrote:
> >
> >> Its been a while since I worked with linked servers, but is it possible
> >> the
> >> GP user ID you are passing through to the proc doesn't have access to the
> >> data on or does not have login rights to the linked SQL server?
> >>
> >> Dwight
> >>
> >> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Dennis (299)
5/8/2007 8:52:01 PM
Blake Dennis,

You would get the same error under sa as any other user.  The hetrogeneous
queries isn't about permissions, it's about running across the linked
server.  So if you don't get the error under "sa" then you might have a
different issue.

However to resolve your problem, look in Dynamics Tecknowledge for
"heterogeneous queries" and it shows you a way to work around your issue in
Dexterity.

patrick
developer support

"Blake Dennis" <Blake Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has this issue been resolved?  I'm having the same problem.  I'm invoking
> local sproc from dexterity.  The sproc makes use of a linked server to
> update
> tables on a different SQL Server.  When executed as "sa", everything
> works.
> When executed as any other non-privileged user, the sproc fails with a
> "heterogeneous queries" error.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> HFLo,
>>
>> Also check the obvious, both procs must have permissions granted to
>> DYNGRP
>> or else normal users won't be able to run the proc (no permissions).  sa
>> of
>> course could.
>>
>> patrick
>> mbs dev support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > thks for the 'enlightentment', will check on this.

0
prot1 (1345)
5/9/2007 12:23:11 AM
Hi Patrick
Do you have the KBID?  I searched Partnersource Support  for "heterogeneous"
- I got no results.

Thanks
HS

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Blake Dennis,
>
> You would get the same error under sa as any other user.  The hetrogeneous
> queries isn't about permissions, it's about running across the linked
> server.  So if you don't get the error under "sa" then you might have a
> different issue.
>
> However to resolve your problem, look in Dynamics Tecknowledge for
> "heterogeneous queries" and it shows you a way to work around your issue in
> Dexterity.
>
> patrick
> developer support

> "Blake Dennis" <Blake Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Has this issue been resolved?  I'm having the same problem.  I'm invoking
> > local sproc from dexterity.  The sproc makes use of a linked server to
> > update
> > tables on a different SQL Server.  When executed as "sa", everything
> > works.
> > When executed as any other non-privileged user, the sproc fails with a
> > "heterogeneous queries" error.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> HFLo,
> >>
> >> Also check the obvious, both procs must have permissions granted to
> >> DYNGRP
> >> or else normal users won't be able to run the proc (no permissions).  sa
> >> of
> >> course could.
> >>
> >> patrick
> >> mbs dev support
> >>
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
HSalim1 (1)
5/23/2007 5:02:01 AM
KB# 875615 Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS

"HSalim" <HSalim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Patrick
> Do you have the KBID?  I searched Partnersource Support  for
> "heterogeneous"
> - I got no results.
>
> Thanks
> HS
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Blake Dennis,
>>
>> You would get the same error under sa as any other user.  The
>> hetrogeneous
>> queries isn't about permissions, it's about running across the linked
>> server.  So if you don't get the error under "sa" then you might have a
>> different issue.
>>
>> However to resolve your problem, look in Dynamics Tecknowledge for
>> "heterogeneous queries" and it shows you a way to work around your issue
>> in
>> Dexterity.
>>
>> patrick
>> developer support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Blake Dennis" <Blake Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Has this issue been resolved?  I'm having the same problem.  I'm
>> > invoking
>> > local sproc from dexterity.  The sproc makes use of a linked server to
>> > update
>> > tables on a different SQL Server.  When executed as "sa", everything
>> > works.
>> > When executed as any other non-privileged user, the sproc fails with a
>> > "heterogeneous queries" error.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?

0
prot1 (1345)

How do I set up a Startup Form with Access 2007 ?
Hi When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is going to be used for a menu. Please let me know. Thanks Mark Create a macro named Autoexec. Have action open your form. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mthornblad@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi > > When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is > going to be used for a menu. > > Please let me know. > > Thanks > Mark > > On Aug 13, 5:24 pm, kasab <ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Alternatively, click the Office button ...

Great Plains should allow setting an inactivity timeout
When anyone logged into Great Plains has been inactive for a prespecified period (e.g. 30 minutes) they should be automatically logged out of the application. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGrou...

Change permanantly default chart settings like colour, font..
I use excel to plot graphs for class quite often, and these graphs have to adhere to some criteria like having a white plot area, small crosses for datapoints, etc.. So far, when I plot graphs, Excel will use its default dark grey plot area and big diamond datapoints and Arial bolded font for axis labels, and I will have to change the settings manually.. I was wondering if there is any way of telling Excel to automatically generate a plot with the white background and all that other stuff? changing 30 sets of parameters a week is really getting on my nerves.. :P thanks in advance for...

id() node-set function does not work in .NET 1.1 XML Classes
The id() nodeset XPath function does not appear to work when used with XPathDocument and XslTransformation dot net classes. I am trying to make use of IDREFs in XML that link elements to other elements in the document. The code below demonstrates the problem. I SHOULD be getting a line that says "NODES MATCH". Instead I get a "NO NODES MATCH". All the of the W3C stuff I have found says that this should work. Any ideas? robert sutton ==== HERE IS THE OUTPUT This is element Foo! name is bar ID is idfoo --------------------------- Found reference element, it refers to idfo...

Entering array formula using VBA
The following is an array formula.... =IF(OR(G26="",VLOOKUP(G26,$G$16:$H$23,2,FALSE)=0),"",MAX(IF($G$16:G26=G26,$H $16:H26)+1)) 1. Is there a way to enter this into the cell (G26) using VBA (as an array)? 2. If so, if the row that this is to be entered is diff to row 26, how does this get entered into say, G35 and the references changed appropriately? Rob Hi Rob, try this Sub rob() Range("F26").FormulaArray = "=IF(OR(G26="""",VLOOKUP(G26,$G$16:$H$23,2,FALSE)=0),"""",MAX(IF($G$16:G26=G 26,$H$16:H26)+1))" ...

VBA
Hi I have this piece of code in my app.... Call searchRange.AdvancedFilter(Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=tempWorksheet.Cells(1, 1), Unique:=True) It seems to duplicate the first item in cells A1 & A2. Any ideas why? Thanks Ben Advanced filter likes to have a row of headers. I'm betting that you don't have one--and your first two rows are the same--so excel sees the first row as headers and the second as data. Ben wrote: > > Hi > I have this piece of code in my app.... > > Call searchRange.AdvancedFilter(Action:=xlFilterCopy, > CopyToRange:=tempWo...

set a value to another cell
how to set(not get) a cell value to another cell? is it possible? A cell formula can get, but only a macro can set. Some exceptions (manually): Scenarios, Goal Seek, Subtotals, Text to Columns and Advanced Filter, none of which is applicable to your situation. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "news.microsoft.com" <whoknows@microsft.com> wrote in message news:%23kjDDZRoIHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > how to set(not get) a cell value to another cell? > is it pos...

Need help updating a value in VBA code
Hello Great Plains Gurus, I need to write some VBA code that changes the value of a field on another form (SalesCustomerDetailEntry). Easy enough, but the problem that I have is the original form that fires the VB code is in a third party dictionary, and the Dynamics dictionary already references that third party dictionary. Therefore I can not add the Dynamics dictionary as a reference in my third party dictionary due to cyclical references not being allowed. Is there any way around this issue, ie calling some sanscript function to perform the update from inside VBA? I realize that I can...

2 Data Sets on Pie Chart
I would like to show our brand shares AND the share change vs. previous year in a pie chart. I can show the percentage (share), but I haven't been able to add the share pt change to each piece of pie. I tried using secondary axis on the pie chart, but it charted the changes instead of associating it with the share axis. I'm using Excel 2002. Currently, I'm linking text boxes to the share point change for each of the 5-10 brands, but that's getting really messy, and I have to manually move the text boxes every month. Can this be done? Any help is appreciated. Hi Pa...

How do I set the printer margins in Publisher?
I'm trying to print a brochure, but I'm having trouble with the left margin. In the design view I can set the margins and layout the graphics and text exactly as I want. But in the print preview, or actually printing, there is about a 3/4" margin on the left. (No problems with the right, top or bottom margins: they are about 1/4" each.) Please do not tell me this is a printer limitation. This problem does NOT occur in Word, Excel or PowerPoint--only in Publisher! (By the way, why doesn't Publisher have the nice drag-n-drop margins that Word and Excel have?) I am no...

DisplayAlerts and ScreenUpdate will not set to False
In Excel using VBA code Application.DisplayAlerts = False or Application.ScreenUpdating = False. I F8 step thru the code and watch the value of DisplayAlerts. It never reads False. Seems like it worked yesterday? Is there any setting that would stop this from working? Joe More info. I had been looking at DisplayAlerts as I stepped thru the code by placing the mouse curser over the word DisplayAlerts and always said "True". I just used temp = application.DisplayAlerts and debug.print temp and that reads out "False"? So new question. Why? "Joe at Baso&qu...

Service Call Module #2
Does anyone know if there is an automated solution to create Equipment records via eConnect or Integration Manager Wennsoft ServiceManagement does that as part of the core product. It is also a far better product. "jav" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is an automated solution to create Equipment > records via eConnect or Integration Manager ...

vba help
what newsgroup would i use for help with VBA in ms-office apps? i can't find the old SUBSTR function to build strings with. thank you... mike Excel applications? If yes, then there's a .programming newsgroup just waiting for you. But you may want to look at: right, left, mid, instr, instrrev in VBA's help (instrrev was added in xl2k) work wrote: > > what newsgroup would i use for help with VBA in ms-office apps? > i can't find the old SUBSTR function to build strings with. > thank you... > mike -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Dave Peterson wrote: >...

VBA Inser a new Row
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me with this query in Excel 2003? Background I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of employee holidays, for example in column “A” I have list of Employee names in column “D” I have the number of holidays that that person is entitled to, Column “E” the number of Holidays taken which is subtracted from “D” and then a few other bits and pieces . Column “N” I have the a date Sun 01/04/2006 that then follows on for 6 months to Sat 30/09/2006 And the underneath that column I have the exact setup with the send half of then year continue from the upper row. I...

Create and assign an outlook task using VBA?
I have code that creates an Outlook task for me. I want to be able to automatically assign a task to a certain e-mail address recipient. Is this possible? It seems that the right properties are available, but I can't seem to get it to work. Here is my code... Private Sub Create_It_Click() 'Create the Task in Outlook On Error GoTo AddAppt_Err Dim outobj As Outlook.Application Dim outtask As Outlook.TaskItem 'Dim objApptOccur As TaskItem Set outobj = CreateObject("outlook.application") Set outtask = outobj.CreateItem(olTas...

Set control AfterUpdate event to procedure in another module
Hi, i know i can set a controls AfterUpdate event to a user defined procedure if it is in the same module as the code, however is it possible to set it to a procedure in a different module? i.e. By setting in the OnFormLoad() event: cbo.AfterUpdate = "=Module1.Translate()" I cant get it to work, it just says "the expression you entered has a function name that microsoft office access cannot find". The Translate procedure is public. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris If Module1 is a standard module (not a class module, and not the module of a form...

VBA Property showing the link between a shape and a database record
In VBA I want to link a shape to a database and select the record. What are the properties for doing that? Right now I have to do it manually for every shape on my page - I would like to automate that operation. Use the Database Wizard to setup either a document open, refresh event or a right mouse action for the page. "Chuck" <Chuck@nomail.com> wrote in message news:%yVDb.2691$t_2.506@news.get2net.dk... > In VBA I want to link a shape to a database and select the record. What are > the properties for doing that? > > Right now I have to do it manually for every...

Setting Up Report
I am having a difficult time figuring this one out! I have a query that is pulling the fields that I need in a report. The fields are: BA Complexity Code NumberOfWorkDaysToCode/Key ES MCK 7 ES LCK 1 ES HCK 7 ES HCK 7 I need my report to look something like this: Number of Days To Code/Key HCK LCK MCK 1 Day 1 2...

How to set up windows email
Please help me set up windows email for me to send and receive email. thank you "hannah" <jjeremiah_2911@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eaZI3iXKLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Please help me set up windows email for me to send and receive email. > thank you I see that you posted here with a Yahoo address. Is this a free US based Yahoo address? If so it will not allow POP3 access, so it will not set up in WM. You need to purchase a Yahoo Plus account, see, http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview And use the settings des...

Creation of Sample Data set
Hi all, We are trying to create a Sample Data Set, that can be imported into crm using the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe in the same way the Cycleworks data is imported. Is it possible to export an existing CRM deployment data into that format? Does anybody come across any documentation about this subject? Absolutely any clue will be much appreciated, as I didn't find anything on the matter. Thanks Yossi Almog Dynamics Israel There is no option to modify the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe Few options: 1. Use Redeployment to bring all the data from "...

Excel not using regional settings
Hi - I have set my regional settings to use brackets (23) for negative numbers. I've set both the number and currency formats to use brackets for negative number. WHen starting Excel, using a new blank workbook, negative numbers entered into a cell do NOT show with brackets? My language is set to English (US) and I've adjusted the formats to use brackets for negative numbers and I've copied to reservered accounts. I also want the date to default to the short date format I've set for the language but it too is not working. Excel will not use the default formats I...

Any way to Export/Import Exchange settings?
Is there a way to Export the settings for the following: Default Policy (E-mail address Policy) Default SMTP Virt Server, Relay Restrictions, Message Delivery Connector Settings. This would be used in a DR situattion. Thank You On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:22:00 -0800, TheITDude <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to Export the settings for the following: >Default Policy (E-mail address Policy) >Default SMTP Virt Server, Relay Restrictions, Message Delivery >Connector Settings. > >This would be used in a DR situattion. Thank You Sure. Exchange Be...

Excel Personal settings/macros
I am using Excel 2003. I just ordered a new computer and would like to be able to transfer the file/s that contain my personal settings(toolbar set ups for example)/macros/whatever else to the new machine. Is this possible? What files do I need to copy and transfer and where do I find them. Please don't tell me I can't do this. <G> TIA Bill Saved from a previous post: I have a short list of things to copy/update when we change pc's at work. It's not complete, but may help you. Word/Excel files: FileName Use custom.dic personal dictionary *.acl p...

Subform Setting
Hi I would like to know how to cause that the subform can not be on focus? I would like to know how to shrink and grow automatically? Thanks Chipcom, To prevent access to the subform, set the Enabled property of the subform to No. As for shrinking and growing, I assume you mean a continuous view subform whose height is adjusted according to the number of records. Is that right? If so, you would need to write some VBA code to change the height of the subform control, to a value that is calculated by multiplying the number of records by the height of the Detail section of the subfo...

Character set not supported??
Dear all, Our email server is EX5.5. I found that some inbound emails contain the following text and its original email (header + body) is putted into a plain text file "message.txt". Why?? How can I fix it? Thank you very much, Keith <Start Quote> This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. <<message.txt>> <...