Value creation failed at line 422

Does anyone know the source of this error message and how to fix it?
0
Phil1 (164)

well, you have to provide more info than that before people here could
provide possible solutions. Info like, what GP application? what window? what
module? what are trying to do on that window? posting? printing? saving? do
you have customizations?

---Darryl Bajaro

"Phil" wrote:

> Does anyone know the source of this error message and how to fix it?
0
dbajaro (68)

Chart with two types of lines
I am plotting data from 2006 and now starting to plot data from 2007 in a line chart. I would like the line from 2006 to be a solid line, and the line from 2007 to be a dotted line. This is measuring the same data, just in different years. When i try to add a different series, the new line for 2007 appears, and the 2006 line disappears. I'm not sure how I get both of them to appear at the same time. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? B Have you checked Chart/ Source Data/ Series tab to see what you've got for your two series? It may also be worth thinking about whether it might be...

How do I set a cell value based on a formula in another cell?
How do I set a cell value based on a formula in another cell? =IF(D4="P.B.A.",G8,0) ,This works to set the value in the cell the formula is in, say cell A1. I would like to have this formula reside in cell A1 but set the value in cell A2 to (G8,0). Also it would be helpful if I could lock cell A2 based on a False condition from this formula in cell A1. Thanks Gary I note that this entry is also asked and answered in Programming. dingy101 Wrote: > How do I set a cell value based on a formula in another cell? > > > =IF(D4="P.B.A.",G8,0) ,This w...

What is a Outlook runtime error, line 297?
When I open Mircosoft Outlook I get a Runtime error. Do you want to debug, Line 297, Error Class no registered. What is this? It is a new computer, the program came installed and I have activated it already. I have also tried rebooting. If I answer yes, I go through some windows involving "New instance of Microsoft script editor" and end with "Break" or "Continue". ...

Condtional format of row depending on string value of $A2 +
Ok, I have a table that already has conditional formatting on columns E:H. My table has a subtotal on it. I am trying to keep a private record of my stock stuff, so heres a snippet of my table: A - H 1 Stk Symbol - other headers 2 ADP 'other info 3 ADP 'other info 4 ADP Total 5 AMAT 'other info 6 AMAT 'other info 7 AMAT 'other info 8 AMAT Total Ok, I have a table that already has conditional formatting on columns E:H. I am trying to do a conditional format for whenever $A1 is greater than...

Add Value of Cells by Color
How do I sum the values of cells with a specific color?? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany B2 wrote: > How do I sum the values of cells with a specific color?? ...

Find 2 values closest that are higher
Hi Got an equation nightmare on my hands. So i have 3 columns of data A: State Abbreviate B: Benchmark Number C: New Number I am trying to get an equation that in column D will return the 2 closest values in column B for a value in a cell in Column C. So if column C1 is 100 And column D1:D5 is 101, 115, 98, 5,92 It will find values 101 and 115 and put them in column D. The trick being was that i was hoping it would also return the State Abbreviate for this record. So if Fl is 101 it would return Fl: 101 Any ideas on how to do this??? caleb wrote: > Hi > > Got an equation nightm...

Copying values between worksheets
This seems a simple problem, but I can't find the answer: I am setting up multiple worksheets (one per month); the closing balance on Jan becomes the opening balance on Feb; if, for example, the opening balance is in cell F38 and the closing one in F42, then in cell F38 in Feb I enter =, then click on F42 in the Jan sheet. However copying across to the other sheets results in all sheets referencing Jan!F42. I understand why sheets can't be treated in a relative way, but is there an easy way of copying this without resorting to VBA? Cheers, ABriggs -- ABriggs -----------------...

Error message "The operation failed"
Hi, we have a public contacts folder with a self designed form. This form includes a field called "Add. Notes". Since a few days, I cannot acces this field anymore when I try to create a view with this field, or when I try to drag and drop this field from the field chooser to the column title. I always get the error "The operation failed" - but this isn't really helpful :-( I've deleted the formscache already, no success. When I open an item with this field associated, it works perfectly in the form itself, only when I try to access the field from the preview pane i...

include string or text value in cell reference
Hi, does anyone know how/if i can include a cell value within a path in a function/formula so i can update it by simply changing cell value, e.g. SUM($A$1, '[E:\folder\stats June.xls]'!sheet1$A$1) so that the 'June' part can change according to a cell value, say F1. So if I change F1 from "June" to "July" then the SUM formula would change to show ....'\stats July' . many thanks in advance, Nelly Use the INDIRECT() function -- Gary''s Student "nelly" wrote: > Hi, > > does anyone know how/if i can include a ce...

Report not pulling all lines in recordsource
Hello, I have a report that is running off a table (tblSuperCompliance). The report has two subreports on it. What's happening is that there are 4 records on tblSupercompliance. The report will show data for only two of the records. When I delete one of the records that is showing up on the report, one of the other records takes its place in the report. I changed the margins of the report to .25 all the way around. When I change it back to 1", all of the records show up again on the report except that there are 4 hits to each record. Does anyone have an explanation on how this...

Chart line colors
Hi I create a few charts in code from VB.NET using the excel interops, office 2003. In my software I need to be able to set the color of the lines i.e. the color of each series on the chart. There may be up to 9 series per chart. How do I asign a color to the series lines on the chart? Thanks Pieter Get out your version of Excel, make a chart like the one your code will produce, then record a VBA macro while you change the series formats manually. Then all that's left is to translate the VBA into VB.Net. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solut...

finding unknown from a line of best fit
Is there a way to use the formula and the line of best fit to plot a point on the line using the y-value of an unknown in order to find the precise location of the x-value? Knowing y doesn't make it easy to find an unique x. Effectively, one has invert the function y=f(x) to get x=g(y). Except in a few cases such as a linear function, that will not lead to a unique solution. For example, the simple y=x^2 yields 2 x values for any given positive y. That said, you can get the equation of a line into a XL worksheet range. Dave Braden has posted code that I enhanced to do just that...

How can I add values from several worksheets in a line chart seri.
I have an Excel document with 12 (monthly) worksheets. I want to make a line chart pulling data in one cell (same cell on each sheet) from each of the twelve sheets. In other words, Jan F2 + Feb F2 + Mar F2, etc. Can I do that on the chart's Source Data menu in the Series/VALUES field? If so, what is the proper language/formula. If not, what are my options? Do I have to make a total page and pull from it? Also, is it possible to make the Category (X) axis label be the Worksheet Name (Jan, Feb, Mar) Lastly, is there a place that gives sample formulas for someone trying to brush...

After reboot Exchange Services Fail to Start
I have three new servers, a DC, and two additional domain controllers. One of the additonal domain controllers has Exchange 2003 running on it with SP2. Each time I reboot the server, the logon prompt warns that services could not be started. Upon inspection of the Event Log and Services, it appears that the Inforamation Store, MTA stacks and Attendant never start. This is even after making the 1st, 2nd, 3rd failure to restart the service. Event ID: 8026 LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory <<machinename>>.<<domain>>.local for distinguished name ''....

IE7 and OWA on Vista fails.. is there a workaround?
Ti there, I bought my daughter a new laptop with Vista. She accesses her school email with OWA. IE7 on Vista has a problem with the Exchange 2003 server (IE7 crashes on email send action). According to some reading on the MS websites and elsewhere, there seem to be a known bug related to S/MIME. So, there is a patch for the Exchange server to have this fixed. This takes a while (that admin of the Exchange server is primarily a teacher) and I would like to have a workaround until this is fixed. Direct Outlook 2007 access is not enabled, nor is IMAP. Using Firefox somewhat works but is ...

online update fails, money 2004
Running Windows XP w/SP1, Ie 6.0 that claims 128bit cipher strength, and Money 2004 v12.0 When I go to the link provided there are only updates for IE5.5 and older, any ideas? Damon Damon@nospam.nospam.really-nospam.Achey.Net --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a problem with the security components on your machine. <br><br>This error is often caused by an older version of Microsoft Strong Encryption. You can obtain the latest version of strong encryption from <a HREF=...

copy rows with values
Hi First step is no problem: in Sheet1 col AI this formula is inserted with VB to add age groups =OM(OCH(Age>=0;Age<7);"a. 0-6";OM(OCH(Age>6;Age<16);"b. 7-15";OM(OCH(Age>15;Age<26);"c. 16-25";OM(OCH(Age>25);"d. 26-";"")))) Col is autofilled to last used row. In next step I loop thru these rows to find certain rows and copy them to Sheet2. Problem is that formula on each row is then copied. Instead I need it to be values only! Needs to work in Excel 2003 and 2007. Sheet1 can have >20 000 rows Any s...

How to erase a line drawn using line bar next to + = bar
I drew a line to separate text but now cannot get rid ot it. When I edit or move the text the line keeps reappearing even if the text is cut and pasted it moves with it, or stays with what it left See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "janetland" <janetland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAC6171-7D72-4664-A41F-A4D7388B213F@microsoft.com... >I drew a line to separate text but now cannot get rid ot it. When I edit or > move the text the line keeps reappearing even if the tex...

overcoming zero values in line graph
I have a 12-month line graph where some of the earliest and most recent data is still zero. Is there a way to have Excel not plot zero values - to avoid the big rises and drop offs they cause - and, rather, just have the graph start and end wherever there is positive data? (NOTE: for multiple reasons, I can't erase the formulae in the cells yielding the zero values, or have them display the N/A message....) Thanks!!! Marika :) There is no reason why you cannot have a 2nd data set that has the N/A values. Plot this second set and use the first for whatever you are using it ...

returning the value in Colunm C using Colunm A as Ref
Hi I am trying to format a spread sheet and need to return the value of colunm C but the problem is Colunm A is blank as it runs in sequence (see below) It looks like the following A B C 1, P100AA Info 300 2, P100AB Info 150 3, "Blank" "" 100 4, "Blank" "" 50 5, P100AC Info 300 How do i return the last figure for the item in Row 2 (colunm A) i.e. 50? If i do a logical test how do ...

Recalculate a field when another field's value changes
I have the following fields I'm working with; they are all on the same Form which comes from a query. MultiClassDisc TotalTuitions TotalTuitions is calculated by the sum of (4) other Tuition fields. I have a check box to trigger the calculation of the MultiClassDisc field which works off of the following code. If MultiClass.Value = vbTrue Then MultiClassDisc.Value = TotalTuitions * 0.1 Else MultiClassDisc.Value = 0 End If It works Ok.....when I check the box it calculates MultiClassDisc to be 10% of the TotalTuitions and when I click the box off it chan...

Start Detail Line Counter at 2, but increment each line by 1
I have a report that I need to list the detail records with a numbering sequence starting at number 2, but incrementing only by 1. Can this be done using the controlsource property of the text box used to display the number? Create a text box to display the counter, and in the control source of this box write =IIf([CurrentRecord]=1,2,1) So if the current record will be the first one it will start with two, other wise it will add 1. The text box RunningSum Property change it to "Over All" -- Good Luck BS"D "Crossh" wrote: > I have a report that I need to...

Calculating a value that is not a number
I have a field with a list box for each record. The Row Source Type in properties is Value List and the Row Source List is "Yes", "No", and "N/A". I need to count how many "No" there are in one unbound text box and divide it into the total count of the field answers to get a percentage of what the "No" answer is. -- dreeves ...

[Q] Command Line Switch for Outlook to specify profile....
G'Day, - I have 2 outlook profiles on the same computer - I dont want to log in to the same one each time - I would like to create a 2 shortcuts - one for each profile - So is it possible to supply a command line paramater to Outlook to specify the profile? TIA --Donovan The switch you want is /profile <profile name> -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Donovan J. Edye" <donovan@edye.wattle.id.au> wrote in message ...

How to clone failed hard drive to replacement hard drive
Looks like my current hard drive has failed as when I try to boot, the load page does not show the hard drive or the dvd/cd drive and hangs on that page. I had previous problems in trying to boot Windows and the only way to get past that problem was to boot from the installation disc and do a repair install. That got the computer booting OK. I did a scan of the hard drive and there were a few errors that could not be fixed and subsequently have got to the stage that looks like there is a hard drive failure. This hard drive does still sound OK, no noises coming from it. Is ...