Validate Purchase Order Date

We were able to enter a PO (against a Project) dated 2004, several years
before we started on GP, so I'd guess that (because this is non-posting) the
date isn't validated against the fiscal periods that have been set up.
However, this lead to a Project Begin Date of 2004, and caused an error when
we tried to enter a fixed fee amount against the project "Fiscal information
does not exist for the date range.  The fiscal year must exist in order to
create the periodic records".  The only way I found to fix this was to go
into SQL table PA01201 and fix the Project's begin date.  A simple validation
on the date field during PO creation would fix this.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bfeb968a-d485-453f-8871-9b3129ebb549&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Dwayne (40)

date stamp #2
I am a new user to excel and would like to know how I put a stamp in the corner of my workbook that says the file that it is under. Ex h:\xw\... Also would this change if I change the file it is in. Thankyou Jessica ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename",A1))) Note that the file must be saved for this to work. In article <jdorion.vgeay@excelforum-nospam.co...

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

Date #6
hi I have a workbook that contains several formatted cells cell "A1" is formated as dd/mm/yyyy and has the today() formula in it what i want to do is to copy the value of "A1" and paste it into "A4" ie. "A1" = 13/01/2005 i only want the text value to be copied and pasted into A4 "A4" = 13/01/2005 When i try this i get the numeric value of 38365 which is excels text value of the date. I need the above format thanks in advance kevin Pre format or use edit>paste special or use a formula =text(a1,"yourformathere") or...

Leopard Upgrade -> File Format Not Valid -> every file is corrupted??? = I am up the creek
Hoping someone has an idea on this one. I recently upgraded a clients small network (4 comps) to OS X 10.5 The machines were a mix of 10.3 and 10.2 machines. I cloned all machines to ext hard drives and did an erase and install of Leopard on each. While there were certainly a few issues around the upgrade, mostly everything went fine...then the client tried to open his excel files, consisting of client databases and other essential information. No bueno. The excel files were stripped of their extensions at some point and finder calls them "unix executable files." Excel will not...

Help-Error validating multiple documents
Hello. I've got a total of 5 schemas. They are: 1 - 1.xsd - a description of a city 2 - 2.xsd - a description of a town 3 - CityHall.xsd - a description of a cityhall-meant to be part of a document based on 1.xsd in "user area". 4 - TownHall.xsd - a description of a townhall-meant to be part of a document based on 2.xsd in "user area". 5 - testmultischema.xsd - a document which combines in a batch instances of cities and towns based upon 1.xsd and 2.xsd. I get the following xml validation error: ERROR: The 'http://adamExt.org:TownHall' element is not declar...

Add a date to a Userform
I am using Office 2010 in advance of roll-out in our organization. I have been testing some of our VBA enabled templates for compatibility and have run into a problem. Specifically a lose of the Calendar control. Since we have a number of Userforms that use the calendar control, I need to come up with some sort of replacement. Any suggestions? I thought there was a date picker control, but I can not find it (I have installed the complete Office 2010 Professional Plus) The calendar control uses the library c:\program Files\Microsoft Office\Office13\MSAL.OCX Usually th...

Date Range on Report in Money 2003
I have a favorite report in Money 2003 which lists scheduled payments within a range of dates. My file was upgraded from Money 2000. I used to have the problem of the report omitting many of the scheduled transactions within the date range. That was fixed by running the Salvage program. Now the problem is the other way around: the report shows transactions BEYOND the date range, as well as those within. Is there a fix for that? I still have the Salvage program. :-) Thanks, Elliott ...

Insert date into file import
I have a database that imports a .csv file generated by anotherprogram. Unfortunately this program doesn't include a date in eachrecord in the .csv file.I can import the .csv file into my table alright, but I need to attach/insert a date (which I can get via VB code) into each importedrecord. Any ideas?At the moment I'm using the Docmd.TransferText command. have you tried importing the data, then running an Update query on thetable, to add a date to each record?hth<b_lwalker@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1174264665.772034.212550@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...> I have a ...

Order of execution
Hi all,I have a question regarding the order in which Access VBA execute thecode. Here is a specific example:Sub ONE () On Mar 8, 5:36 pm, "nxqviet" <nxqv...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi all,>> I have a question regarding the order in which Access VBA execute the> code. Here is a specific example:>> Sub ONE ()There's nothing there to execute. The word Sub indicates the start ofa SUBroutine, VB would expect some other code to follow it with thelast line being End Sub.Example:Sub TestMe() Dim vDate as Date Msgbox "Today is " & vdateEnd SubIf you a...

date format #32
i have a sheet where in some cells the date are in ddmmyy format along with text & in some cells mmddyy format along with text. is there any command to change all in mmddyy format On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 03:40:03 -0700, "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have a sheet where in some cells the date are in ddmmyy format along with >text & in some cells mmddyy format along with text. > >is there any command to change all in mmddyy format You need to describe more precisely exactly what is in the cells, and how one can tell the difference betwee...

Excel default date format
1) The default date format for Excel is "21-Mar" when I enter date recognized data. This is unusable for me, I need the year displayed. How do I change the default date format to display the year. 2) With default also, Excel sometimes requires "=" in equations and sometimes not; i.e., if I enter a '-' it converts the cell to an equation. How do i stop this so that it only makes equations when I enter '='. 3) How do I get help on Excel inconsistancies like the above in Excel documentation anywhere? mjk #1. If I type in the date that includes the ye...

Accrued Purchases-Landed Cost
Hello: In testing Landed Cost and in setting up a Cost ID with Revalue Inventory and Invoice Match, the Accrued Purchases-Landed Cost distribution is not showing up in Receivings Transaction Entry upon clicking "Distributions". Only the Inventory and Accrued Purchases accounts are showing. Again, the distribution for the Accrued Purchases for Landed Cost is not showing. Why is that? childofthe1980s In essence, it's a bug. You can place the Accrued Purchases Account in this window. But, it does not default into the transactions. You have to place the Accrued Purc...

Re-order Number
Hi IS there anyway you can enter the re-order Number at the Matrix Stage of an Item, instead on every Item individually? If you enter it on the Purchase Order side it doesnt update the Individual item???? H ...

how do i set an auto date function in excel or word?
I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the document or report is prepared. =NOW() "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the > document or report is prepared. for excell Go to View> Header & footer >custom header footer then click on the clock pic & the date pic (choose 1st if you want it in the left middle or right feild) For word basically the same Cheers peterm "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatica...

Problem with copying a to from date to another cell
I am trying to enter the first 7 days of the year in one cell. ie: A1 -> 1/2/05 to 1/8/05 And then I want to drag that down to 53 cells and have it copy in the following format. ie: A2 -> 1/9/05 to 1/15/05 A3 -> 1/16/05 to 1/22/05 etc... Is this possible? I would do it by using two separate columns, typing in the two top row dates, the highlight the area you wish to fill, then Edit > Fill > Series > Trend..........then when you have the two columns of dates, use a third helper column with this formula copied down...... =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&...

Word 2007 Show Markup checkmarks and Date/Time Issue
Hi, I have a new HP desktop computer and finally got Word 2007. I have two questions. In the Review section of Word 2007, the Show Markup subsection has checkmarks for ink, comments, etc. as the default selection. Is there any way to change this default and uncheckmark them so it isn't automatic? I have looked everywhere online for a solution and can't find one. Second, in the bottom right-hand corner of my monitor, the time is showing as usual. However, when I first got my computer (last week), it also showed the date (I loved this feature). After re-starting my compute...

Date Format Problems
Is there anyway to make excel change the numbers I type in to the appropriate date? If I type 112603, how can I get the cell to display 11/26/03. I have tried formatting the cell, but it just doesn't seem to come out right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Jennifer Only through VBA. See Chip Pearson's website. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Gord Dibben XL2002 On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:06:01 -0800, "Jennifer W" <icecream3@earthlink.net> wrote: >Is there anyway to make excel change the numbers I type in to the appropriate date?...

Problem formatting date values in chart...
I have a blood pressure tracking spreadsheet -- at a minimum, it tracks Systolic and Diastolic pressure for a given day. A B C E.g.: Date Systolic Diastolic 1 9/3/04 120 90 2 9/4/04 123 87 3 9/5/04 129 79 I currently have a simple line graph that shows systolic data points over diastolic data points. The left hand (Y axis) value is "Pressure". My problem is that I want the "date" values of Col. A to display at the bottom of the graph as a label with each corresponding data point and...

Calendar To Stay at Last Date Entered
I have a calendar in a form. We do data entry for information that could have occurred today, yesterday, or a couple of days ago, like over a weekend. The form always goes back to todays date. How do I get the calendar to stay at the last date entered? Somehow you will need to record the last date entered in a table somewhere. I use a system table for such items. Bill wrote: >I have a calendar in a form. We do data entry for information that could >have occurred today, yesterday, or a couple of days ago, like over a weekend. > The form always goes back to todays date. How ...

Due date VS processing date in Money '06
This is really bothering me. In my previous version, when I entered a due date for an epay, my register showed that date. It didn't remind me that I need to have XXX dollars in my account on due date - 4 and then change the date in my register to due date - 4. I want my register to show the due date I entered. I have enough sense to know I need money in my account. How can I change this? The check box about using processing date instead of entered date is NOT checked. Did my upgrade magically switch me to a bill payment service that is actually drafting my account early and pu...

How conditional format line with date of today #2
Hi, tried setting conditional where cell = today(). However, today was converted to ="today()" and the format was no applied. The format does work if I hardcode the date. I.e. it work if I pu =04/11/04 instead of =today(). However I need to use the today() function. Any other suggestions? Thanks -- dewsbur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dewsbury's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27535 Select the cell to CF. Format>...

date in wrong format
My mo/da/yr format somehow changes to a 5 digit entry - 393xx. I have tied the normal procedure of format cells, date, etc. but that won't fix it. What can I do? Mike this is a little long winded but I found it helpful in resolving many a format problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q264372 "Mike" wrote: > My mo/da/yr format somehow changes to a 5 digit entry - 393xx. I have tied > the normal procedure of format cells, date, etc. but that won't fix it. What > can I do? You should also be able to type 1 into a cell, copy it an...

Counting checkboxes between two dates
I'm tring to build a query that will count the number of checkboxes between the dates of two other fields. I have two tables within the query. One table (tblInspection) contains InspectionID, InspectionDate, and Citation, among others. The other table (tblReinspection) contains ReinspectionID, and ReinspectionDate, among others. There is a one to many relationship between the two tables, tblInspection being the parent table. Only one InspectionDate will be entered but none or many ReinspectionDates may be entered. The Citation field is a checkbox. What I am tring to do is to find all the ...

consolidating data by date
Sheet 1 is for Store 1. In column A I have dates, in column B I have profits. Sheet 2 is for Store 2 with the same data as Sheet 1. However, there is not necessarily an entry on every date. For example, Store 1 could have entries on 1/1, 1/2, 1/5. Store 2 could have entries on 1/1, 1/3, 1/5. How can I consolidate the data from these two sheets into one to look like this: 1/1 Store A profit Store B profit 1/2 Store A profit 1/3 Store B profit 1/5 Store A profit Store B profit So basically, I would want to consolidate the dates in colum...

I need to know on the structure of data of Manufacturing Order Processing