Using Adobe 5 or higher with GP on terminal server

Has anyone run into a problem with print jobs not clearing the queue when
using Adboe 5 with GP in a terminal server environment?  Or has anyone
successfully used a more current version of Adobe Writer with GP?  We've
tried Adobe 6 but could not get that to work consistently.

Adobe 5 is working OK if you select that printer in that the pdf is created,
however the jobs never clear the queue.  Consequently if someone else tries
to e-mail a pdf attachment from GP, Outlook times out because the related
print job is stuck in the print queue.  I've talked to Adobe support but as
soon as they  hear terminal server they hang up.
--
Jim@TurboChef

Jim, Checking to see if you ever got resolution on this post.  Having the
same prob, here.  -Mike

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> Has anyone run into a problem with print jobs not clearing the queue when
> using Adboe 5 with GP in a terminal server environment?  Or has anyone
> successfully used a more current version of Adobe Writer with GP?  We've
> tried Adobe 6 but could not get that to work consistently.
>
> Adobe 5 is working OK if you select that printer in that the pdf is created,
> however the jobs never clear the queue.  Consequently if someone else tries
> to e-mail a pdf attachment from GP, Outlook times out because the related
> print job is stuck in the print queue.  I've talked to Adobe support but as
> soon as they  hear terminal server they hang up.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
No - never got a response.  I've talked to Adobe but got nowhere with them.
At this point I'm manually deleting the jobs every few days.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Mike Thompson" wrote:

> Jim, Checking to see if you ever got resolution on this post.  Having the
> same prob, here.  -Mike
>
> "Jim@TurboChef" wrote:
>
> > Has anyone run into a problem with print jobs not clearing the queue when
> > using Adboe 5 with GP in a terminal server environment?  Or has anyone
> > successfully used a more current version of Adobe Writer with GP?  We've
> > tried Adobe 6 but could not get that to work consistently.
> >
> > Adobe 5 is working OK if you select that printer in that the pdf is created,
> > however the jobs never clear the queue.  Consequently if someone else tries
> > to e-mail a pdf attachment from GP, Outlook times out because the related
> > print job is stuck in the print queue.  I've talked to Adobe support but as
> > soon as they  hear terminal server they hang up.
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef

Favourite GP Feature
What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to help them out. Do an Interent seach for GP 50 tips and tricks. You'll get results from Convergence 2010 presentations. some good tips in there. Also search for 50 more tips and tricks. "Adam" wrote: > What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? > > I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to > help them out. Try this blog for a da...

Drop-down list #5

Monitor Server in 2003?

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Moving Exchange #5

request to solve my problem #5

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

Saving #5
Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of a workbook. Jason, This link can help with the size issue... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Item 2d is the one you want. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Jason Zischke" <JasonZischke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CCEA1F-2479-4ED9-A5F6-21B781D0F403@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of > a workbook. ...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

China + Dynamics GP
We are opening a distribution center in China and was wondering if anyone else is currently using Dynamics GP and any form of EDI process with China. We are considering what would be the best way of handling. Due to security risks, we are wary of allowing RDP/term serv access. So one idea was to give them a laptop with GP/Sql Server/Integration Manager. Since they couldn't connect to us they would have a separate database. This would then involve exports and imports between the 2 company locations to a neutral site (such as FTP). Not sure yet if we will be mirroring the datab...

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...