User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a

Hi,

Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security
Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix
the window security by individually checking off the
problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not
tested this at a Class level yet and also have been
unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file
access.

My questions:
1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue,
perhaps at the Report Writer level.
2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great
Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in
these windows/reports?

thx,
Doug

Try installing Adanced Security if you are on version 7.0
or 7.5 and check the reports in there along with the
export/import function which uses xml

0
anonymous (74722)

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

Tax software report
I am unable to view any of my "Insurance : Health" category transactions when I run the "Tax software report" in the Reports section. To be sure, I confirmed that I previously check the tax form, Schedule A, and Doctors - medicine - etc. tax line in the tax manager. The error seems most perculiar given all of my "Healthcare" category transactions are viewable when I run the same report. Any suggestions? ...

OWA Password page not showing up.
I installed the hotfix from kb 833734. I've also tried to follow the steps found at kb 327843. However, when I set an account to "change password at next logon" and go to that account in OWA on a FE that's using forms based auth, it doesn't redirect to the page for changing an expired password. However if i direct my browser to that page manually and fill in the form, it unexpires my password just fine. Is this how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't it detect that it's expired and thus redirect me to the page for resetting my password? Thanks. This ...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Printing Non-Avery labels with Zebra TLP-3843
Hello. I'm trying to figure out the best way to print labels and tags for jewelry products using the Zebra 3843...example would be a rat-tail label (overall size: 9/16 x 4 7/16 with printable area of 9/16 x 2 1/2")...one half would be for bar code and other half would be for ILC description, price and store name. Is the label designer capable of doing this if you build a label from scratch? When I try to open the existing Zebra .lbl template it says "BarcodeBlaster style labels can not be edited with the Label Editor. See Store Operations documentation for assistance ...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

Report Error 11-24-04
When attempting to run CRM Reports for the first time we are receiving the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" I have found documentation that states that this can happen if your server has an underscore. Our server does not it is named ourcompany.server.eeecrm Can the periods have the same effect as the underscore. Or does anyone have another cause? Thank you Hi There - Hope you don't mind but I wish to piggy-back on your post. I get the same error on our custom reports that use OLE DB to connect to another SQL server other than the MS CRM ...

SetParameterFields in CCrystalCtrl Activex(Crystal Report)
Hi , I am trying to call a Crystal Report from my VC program.In that i am facing problem while trying to send a selection criteria for my report (the equivalant in VB is SelectionFormula) I want to make selection based on a Date feild and another extension filed (say date between '01/01/2003' and '01/01/2004' and extn_no = 100) How can i do that.Any idea???????????? Reny ...

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

Reports in Money Small Business 2004
Since "upgrading" from Money SB 2002 to SB 2004, when I run a Sales Analysis Report (ie, "All Projects" or any project for that matter) . . . NONE of the sales/invoices are included (except as $zero) for the dates BEFORE I "upgraded" the software. The paid (or unpaid) invoice (s) for all of the projects are still there, showing the correct amount of money, they are not, however included in ANY type of report I try to run. In other words, I can ONLY get totals within a report SINCE I "upgraded" (since 6/1/04). IF I were to run any sales reports...

Macro Security, Password Recovery & VB Code execution
I have found that if I set my macro security to high, VB code within (non-trusted) excel sheets do not execute... a microsoft security feature that ostensibly prevents non- trusted users from running VB The questions I have are : Is there a way to guarantee VB macro-execution using digital certificates or what-have-you ? Is there a way to detect, either within excel (well, not possible, it seems) or from outside, that the combo of users macro-security settings and signature status of a perticular excel file, WILL prevent VB from executing, if the file is attempted to opened ? ...

Count Unique Items with Multiple Criteria
I am trying to get a list of how many lots a particular car model is on. For example, say we have a spreadsheet that looks like: Model License Lot Ford xjd-394 1 Chevy gwg-394 2 Ford sdf-333 1 Ford lkj-111 3 Toyota skd-333 4 Toyota shk-584 4 I am loking for a way to get data that says how many unique lots each car is on, so for example: Ford: 2 Chevy: 1 Toyota: 1 I was trying to do this with Pivot tables and the count functionality, but it isn't quite getting me the results I want. I can get the results with a pivot table ...

Show only extended description on receipt
I have RMS set up in such a way that it shows the extended description of the items at the POS along with the regular description. When i print a receipt both descriptions print. Is it possible to print only the extended description, if so, how?? Hi Terry, You might downloaded the receipt format or done yourself customization. Just try to find first Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription and if you see another variable called Entry.Description Just remove the row or column with name "Entry.Description" It will work, let me know or send me email address I have already the customized o...

zz report date truncation
We run only z reports at end of day. We will be running cashier shifts soon and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended. Is there any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it running since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper? Thanks in advance! This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off your printer before 'printing' the zz report. Then manually delete all print tasks for that printer before turning it back on. The report won't print, but RMS will think it did. "TV hardwa...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Outlook Web Access HTTP 500 and HTTP 404 errors
hi, I am experiencing this problem on Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, when the users try to authenticate to Outlook Web Access, they get the following error messages in their browsers, "http 500 - internal server error" or "http error 404 - file or directory not found", the customer upgraded to windows/exchange 2003 6 months ago from windows/Exchange 2000 (in place upgrade), they only discovered the problem last week when they tried creating new users, i created 3 test users and the 3 users were getting the above errors. some already existing users have no prob...

Site-specific config items
I've got an ASP.NET 3.5 website on a shared-hosting server, and of course my own development copy. Data is in a SQL Server database. I've looked at some of the strategies available to configure the connections string appropriately for each site without accidentally overwriting one with the other. One of them, to define the data connection string in machine.config, is unavailable to me on the production website, but I was thinking about doing it this way: Suppose my site is as follows Root --App1 --App2 I have two ASP.NET applications, and I don't have anything d...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...