User login not deleting in GP8.0

Hi

have created a new user ID & given access to a company. After loggin into
GP8.0 and log-off from the company, am unable to delete this above created
user . A message is displayed saying "Cannot drop login as the user is
currently logged in. Am using the 'sa' as the user when deleting.

This is not true as user activity table is clear, other than the final user
sa.

From the backend, on delete of user from GP (Tools>System>User), only user
ID is deled from each of the Databases, but the SQL login remains in the
security folder.
0
Mansoor1 (3)

Hi

Un check the SQL options in the System menu and then delete the user -  once
done recheck the SQL options.  Then delete the user from SQL security

--
Regards

James[MVP]
Visit MBS Blog Central

http://mbscentral.blogs.com
"Mansoor" <Mansoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> have created a new user ID & given access to a company. After loggin into
> GP8.0 and log-off from the company, am unable to delete this above created
> user . A message is displayed saying "Cannot drop login as the user is
> currently logged in. Am using the 'sa' as the user when deleting.
>
> This is not true as user activity table is clear, other than the final
> user
> sa.
>

> From the backend, on delete of user from GP (Tools>System>User), only user
> ID is deled from each of the Databases, but the SQL login remains in the
> security folder.

Can dictionary entries be deleted?
I have a large number of German place names that I added to the dictionary and would now like to delete. Is this possible? The custom dictionary is editable from Word's Options > Proofing > Custom Doctionaries (Word 2007) or Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar > Custom Dictionaries.(Earlier versions) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ...

Unable to type into a CRM 3.0 form
I just switched to a Dell Latitude D610 and am running CRM 3.0 using both browser and Outlook 2003 client. I am working fine when all of a sudden, I can no longer type text onto a CRM form field. I am not locked up. I can still move my cursor, choose from a picklist, etc. I just cannot type into a text field. Any thoughts? May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the google or msn toolbars installed? Try removing them and see if that fixes the problem. May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the g...

Make cell display 0 if number is negative
Hi, How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help would be appreciated! Hopefully this will be my last question:c) Ron One way: =MAX(<your formula here>,0) In article <el$#m2WhEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ron King" <montyboy@earthlink.net> wrote: > Hi, > How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and > display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help > would be appreciated! Hopefully this will ...

CRM 3.0 Installation eror
We are trying to install CRM 3.0 in a Windows 2003 Small Business Server that is member of a domain controlled by a Windows 2003 Sever Standard. The W2003 Std is the domain controller and the W2003 SBS Machine acts as Exchange and SQL Server (for test purposes). When the installation wizards check for system prerequisites show the following error: “The organizational unit does not exist”. The same error appears with CRM 3.0 Standard an with CRM 3.0 Small Business. How can we solve this problem?. Can we create the unit manually?. If we can, with which name? Hi Daniel, You can create ...

performance , speed and portability of VC++.NET and VC++ 6.0
hi all, I'm writing because I haven't been able to find enough information at the book stores and at the MS web site on some of my questions. Perhaps I'm asking the wrong questions, but if you could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it. Iam a project trainee. I have to give an presentation over the topic, For engineering applications, whether VC++ 6.0 is more suitable than other .NET or not. For that i need to know about the performance, portability etc., sincerely, Bhargav > Iam a project trainee. I have to give an presentation over the &g...

OWA Login page has no password field
Hey, I've got a small problem I'm having trouble finding a solution to. I have implemented OWA for our company's Exchange 5.5 server. Everything works fine except when I go to the log on screen, I have the field where I am to enter my mail box name. Since there is no place enter a password, I am prompted with a Windows authentication box. I want my users to either be able to enter thier user name and password on the welcome screen, or by pass that and go straight to the Windows log on box. I know it can be done, just not sure how to do it. Thanks! ...

Mail Enabled User Not Appearing on GAL
Hey folks. Strange query.. using Win2K3Ent and Exch2k3Ent, with latest SPs and hotfixes installed on both. Trying to create a mail-enabled user (giving impression of internal user actually aliased to an external SMTP address). I'm under the impression (confirmed by checking 70-284) that a mail-enabled user should appear in the GAL after a short while, and be available for clients such as Outlook to select directly (yet be aliased at the postoffice level). No matter what I try, I cannot get the user to appear in the GAL. Using ExchSysMgr, if I query the GAL, the user appears happ...

Not confirm delete of message in OL 03
I just had to reinstall OL 03 after a system crash and have forgotten how to have OL delete my email message without asking me to confirm that I really want to delete it. I cannot find the place to uncheck on the Tools | Options menus. Can someone remind me where to find this? Thanks. Bob S <BobS@nospam.com> wrote: > I just had to reinstall OL 03 after a system crash and have forgotten > how to have OL delete my email message without asking me to confirm > that I really want to delete it. I cannot find the place to uncheck > on the Tools | Options menus. Can someo...

Merge using Excel 2002 and Hummingbird Docs Open 3.9.0 Build 199
Hi, I have a merge form set up in Word. The data source is an excel file. When I click on Docs Open Mail Merge, a box comes up in docs open saying to choose the main document. When I click on the main document the next boxes comes up saying to choose the data source. I select the data source and it opens, but nothing happens. The next step should be to click on merge, but it is grayed out and it is still asking to choose the data source. The merge works fine if I do it outside of Docs Open, but I have to be able to do it within Docs Open. Can you help? ...

System Attendant has "0" mailboxes processed
Greetings All I have my Exchange 2000 Server Mailbox Manager runnign every week. It sends me a report that ZERO "0" mailboxes have been processed. I'm assuming this is in error. What can I do to get the Mailbox Manager to process all my mailboxes? Thank you, Jack Black ...

CRM 4.0 Upgrade, State Code or Status Code is invalid
Hello, I have upgraded a client from 3.0 to 4.0, and am getting errors whenever they try to reopen a closed opportunity. This occurs for any opportunity, regardless of whether it was closed before the upgrade or created new. It occurs with any Role, including Sys Admin. The Opportunity entity has been customized, but only using the built in customization features, no custom code at all. It was renamed to become "Proposals", however. Has anyone out there seen this error before? Any resolution? The generic error is: "State code or status code is invalid. Sate code is...

delete a link to another work book
I am unable to delete a link from one workbook to another I can see the links under the edit/links command but the only chooses are open source, change source,and update I have searched many help files thaks for any help Hi try the following add-in to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dave wrote: > I am unable to delete a link from one workbook to another > I can see the links under the edit/links command but the > only chooses are open source, change source,and update > > I hav...

Version 9.0 install problem
I'm receiving the following error when I install version 9.0: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.hrSysDoesHrSysExist' When I try to log in as Administrator, I get a message that the database has not been setup properly, or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Chris, Is this an install of a new workstation to be attached to an existing GP database? If so, you will need to include Human Resources as part of the additional products during the intallation. If this is a totall...

Remove Unused fields from Advanced Find (Microsoft CRM 3.0)
I am wondering if anyone knows how to remove the unused fields from advanced find so that users don't have to see them. I know I can update the display names for the unused fields to start with "z-not used-<fieldname>" so they show up at the bottom of the advanced find list of fields. Does anyone know if there is away to have advanced find just not show all the out of the box fields that we do not use. Is there a way to modify the object XML and then import it in so it only shows the fields I want to show and allow users to search on instead of all the fields. Tha...

i can't seem to delete a document from 2007 word.
i have documents on word that i created during trial period on word. i want to delete them and i can't. isn't there a simple delete method where you highlight the document and it deletes? when i right click i get options about ribbons. when i open saved files, i can't find the documents that are on word 7 "imeighty" <imeighty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE4D99F-BFC2-4AE7-B603-A93AD96D5ACD@microsoft.com... > i have documents on word that i created during trial period on word. i > want > to delete them and i can'...

Delete next email in Microsoft Outlook Inbox is disabled in 3.0
After installing Microsoft CRM Laptop client, The feature in Outlook. Tools-->Options-->Preferences-->Email (First section in the tab)--->Email Options (button beside Junk-email)-->Message Handling-->Choose 'Open the next item' in the dropdown. This feature is disabled. If you choose this option from dropdown, you still end up with a view of the inbox instead of the next item to read or delete. Anyone seen this before? what could be the resolution? thnx, -m ...

xp locks up with great plains 6.0
Has anyone experiences great plains locking up with windows xp sp2. Everything else works except when I go to print the program locks up. when I first get into great plains I can print for a while. If I am on great plains for a while without printing. Then when I go to print it locks up. I then have to have someone boot me off the great plains system. This only occurs in Great Plains. Thanks, Francisco. I would check the list of compatiable printers for GP 6.0 and see if it is on the "black list". You may want to try to download the latest print driver as well if y...

Why can not use right-click to delete a mail?
Hi all, I have the owner permission of a functional mailbox. But I can not right-click a mail and choose delete to delete a mail. It will display a message,access deny,something like that. But if I double click this mail,open this mail. Then I use the delete button in the toolbars. It works,the mail can be delete. It really confuse me. Do you have some idea? Thanks. create a new profile and try. If you are on exchange server try setting the same account on a different computer. This will help in determining whether it is a problem with Outlook or permissions on your mailbox "Outloo...

Opening other users seconday calendar
I have an Exchange 2003 server.... most of our users use Outlook 2003 as a client. To view another person's calendar on Outlook2003, we would normally do: File|Open|Other user's folder... select the user name and folder type: "calendar" (assuming the owner of the mailbox has granted rights to that folder) If a user creates a new calendar to be shared (e.g., 'othercalendar') how can another user view that calendar in outlook2003? The "Other user's folder" dialogue only provides a drop-down list of the standard folders. Thanks, Steve 4th Paragraph ...

Mailboxes are not being created for Users in a Child Domain
Hi We recently created a child domain to our main corporate domain. We moved a number of people to the child domain from the main domain using the Active Directory Migration wizard. We only have one Windows 2003 Exchange server SP2. All of the people who were moved can access there email with no problems. However when I use Active directory Users and computers tool in the new Child Domain to create new users and mailboxes the mailboxes are not being created. After I have created the user and asked for a mailbox to be setup I can see all the appropriate Tabs under the propertie...

Update 12.2.0 Failure #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running snow leopard 10.6.1 and whenever I update office 2008 to 12.2.0 it fails and office stops working. I followed the CompuFor instructions on updating and these do work for me either. It might be worth mentioning I could not find these files: OS Drive\Library\Applications\Microsoft Office 2008 OS Drive\Library\Preferences\com.microsoft.* OS Drive \Library\Preferences\Microsoft OS Drive\Users\your_account\Library\Application Support\CrashReporter\Intervals_00000000-0000-1000-8000- 001B631F7D07.plist OS Driv...

Deleting the (blank) cell out of a Pivot Table
I'm trying to delete the cell that reads "(blank)" on a Pivot Table, I have tried every possible setting(except for your advice)and I cant achieve this setting. I'm trying to print the pivot table as a table and I don't want to see the "(blank)" cell written. Thank you for your help! Kevin. You could hide the (blank) entries with conditional formatting: 1. Select the cells in the pivot table 2. Choose Format>Conditional Formatting 3. Leave the first dropdown as Cell Value Is 4. From the centre dropdown, choose Equal to 5. In the text box, type (Blank) 6...

Calendar deletion and renaming
Need some help please... Seems I had a problem with the calendar folder in outlook. I have managed to recovery the calendar that I lost but it is named calendar1. Could some one tell me how to delete the "Calendar" folder and then rename the "Calendar1" folder to replace the "Calendar" folder??? Have all my appointments in the "Calendar1" folder and want this now to be the "Calendar" folder.. Cant seen to be able to "rename" the "Calendar" folder thanks much for the time and trouble... Dobbie AKA Cast8Away If this is...

Money 2002 Login Problems
When prompted for my password, and entering the correct password I receive this error message: "the operation cannot be performed" the password is correct. Any ideas - any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Steve I forgot to mention that i'm still able to access the data. Also - I'm wrong below - it doesn't matter what password I enter the message below still appears. Also - this password was established back when I started w/ money in '98. So the Login Lockbox feature did not exist back then. I also tried creating a new password, but this had no ef...

Deleted Meeting in Calendar
My meeting is not in the calendar...When I invite my coworkers the meeting was deleted (at the same time),,,My colleagues are able to respond and accept the meeting...I receive their response but no longer see the meeting in the calendar...It is in the deleted folder but don't know how to recover the meeting in the calendar maintaining the track with the invitees without resending the meeting to all of them...Thank you ...