User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad

After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who
tried on working on my customized  Dynamics VBA project.

Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'.
Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Thanks for help.

Kevin
0
KevinZhou (17)

Kevin,

You might need to re look at your connection in VBA
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"Kevin Zhou" wrote:

> After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who
> tried on working on my customized  Dynamics VBA project.
>
> Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'.
> Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click
> Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
>

> Thanks for help.
>
> Kevin
0
janakirammp (688)
7/14/2009 2:20:02 PM
Kevin,

Prior to GP10, VBA customizations used the RetrieveGlobals.dll to gather the
connection information. In V10, this has been replaced by the UserInfo object
which is native to the Dynamics GP VBA object model.

Take a look at my article "Using the New UserInfo Object in VBA for
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0" at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/05/using-new-userinfo-object-in-vba-for.html for more information.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Kevin Zhou" wrote:

> After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who
> tried on working on my customized  Dynamics VBA project.
>
> Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'.
> Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click
> Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
>

> Thanks for help.
>
> Kevin
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/14/2009 2:24:02 PM
Thanks, Janakiram. Can you give me more detail about where I go to look the
connection in VBA.

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> You might need to re look at your connection in VBA
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> http://janakirammp.blogspot.com
>

> "Kevin Zhou" wrote:
>
> > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who
> > tried on working on my customized  Dynamics VBA project.
> >
> > Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'.
> > Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click
> > Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
> >

> > Thanks for help.
> >
> > Kevin
0
KevinZhou (17)
7/14/2009 2:26:02 PM
Hi Mariano,

Thanks for the article. It helps. But, in my case , the guy who wrote the
VBA used a customed dll file, not the dll you mentioned, I am sure he used
those dll files inside his dll file, I am wonder can I just replace his dll
file using the UserInfo.dll, and where is this UserInfo.dll located?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Prior to GP10, VBA customizations used the RetrieveGlobals.dll to gather the
> connection information. In V10, this has been replaced by the UserInfo object
> which is native to the Dynamics GP VBA object model.
>
> Take a look at my article "Using the New UserInfo Object in VBA for
> Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0" at
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/05/using-new-userinfo-object-in-vba-for.html for more information.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kevin Zhou" wrote:
>
> > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who
> > tried on working on my customized  Dynamics VBA project.
> >
> > Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'.
> > Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click
> > Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
> >

> > Thanks for help.
> >
> > Kevin
0
KevinZhou (17)
7/14/2009 3:12:01 PM
Kevin,

"UserInfo.dll" is already added to your VBA code, just start using it by
calling the code described in Mariano article:

cn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection
cn.DefaultDatabase = UserInfoGet.IntercompanyID
cmd.ActiveConnection = cn
cmd.CommandType = adCmdText

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Kevin Zhou" wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> Thanks for the article. It helps. But, in my case , the guy who wrote the
> VBA used a customed dll file, not the dll you mentioned, I am sure he used
> those dll files inside his dll file, I am wonder can I just replace his dll
> file using the UserInfo.dll, and where is this UserInfo.dll located?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Kevin
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Kevin,
> >
> > Prior to GP10, VBA customizations used the RetrieveGlobals.dll to gather the
> > connection information. In V10, this has been replaced by the UserInfo object
> > which is native to the Dynamics GP VBA object model.
> >
> > Take a look at my article "Using the New UserInfo Object in VBA for
> > Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0" at
> > http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/05/using-new-userinfo-object-in-vba-for.html for more information.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Kevin Zhou" wrote:
> >
> > > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who
> > > tried on working on my customized  Dynamics VBA project.
> > >
> > > Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'.
> > > Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click
> > > Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
> > >

> > > Thanks for help.
> > >
> > > Kevin
Hi Mohammad,

Followed what you said, but this time I got:

Error#: - 2147467259 [DBNETLIB][ConnctionOpen (Connect ()).]. SQL Server
does not exist or access denied.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin
"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> "UserInfo.dll" is already added to your VBA code, just start using it by
> calling the code described in Mariano article:
>
> cn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection
> cn.DefaultDatabase = UserInfoGet.IntercompanyID
> cmd.ActiveConnection = cn
> cmd.CommandType = adCmdText
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Kevin Zhou" wrote:
>
> > Hi Mariano,
> >
> > Thanks for the article. It helps. But, in my case , the guy who wrote the
> > VBA used a customed dll file, not the dll you mentioned, I am sure he used
> > those dll files inside his dll file, I am wonder can I just replace his dll
> > file using the UserInfo.dll, and where is this UserInfo.dll located?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Kevin,
> > >
> > > Prior to GP10, VBA customizations used the RetrieveGlobals.dll to gather the
> > > connection information. In V10, this has been replaced by the UserInfo object
> > > which is native to the Dynamics GP VBA object model.
> > >
> > > Take a look at my article "Using the New UserInfo Object in VBA for
> > > Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0" at
> > > http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/05/using-new-userinfo-object-in-vba-for.html for more information.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

0
KevinZhou (17)
7/14/2009 5:21:01 PM
This would be another issue, try the following code segments and let me know
if it proceeds error as well:

Add reference to "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library

Dim MainConn as new ADODB.Connection
MainConn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection
MainConn.Open

Regards,
--

"Kevin Zhou" wrote:

> Hi Mohammad,
>
> Followed what you said, but this time I got:
>
> Error#: - 2147467259 [DBNETLIB][ConnctionOpen (Connect ()).]. SQL Server
> does not exist or access denied.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Kevin
> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
> > Kevin,
> >
> > "UserInfo.dll" is already added to your VBA code, just start using it by
> > calling the code described in Mariano article:
> >
> > cn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection
> > cn.DefaultDatabase = UserInfoGet.IntercompanyID
> > cmd.ActiveConnection = cn
> > cmd.CommandType = adCmdText
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
> >

> > "Kevin Zhou" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Mariano,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the article. It helps. But, in my case , the guy who wrote the
> > > VBA used a customed dll file, not the dll you mentioned, I am sure he used
> > > those dll files inside his dll file, I am wonder can I just replace his dll
> > > file using the UserInfo.dll, and where is this UserInfo.dll located?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Kevin

Thanks, Mohammad,

I ended up to rewrite my dll file.  All the fuctions were embedded in a
object library.

Kevin

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> This would be another issue, try the following code segments and let me know
> if it proceeds error as well:
>
> Add reference to "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library
>
> Dim MainConn as new ADODB.Connection
> MainConn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection
> MainConn.Open
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Kevin Zhou" wrote:
>
> > Hi Mohammad,
> >
> > Followed what you said, but this time I got:
> >
> > Error#: - 2147467259 [DBNETLIB][ConnctionOpen (Connect ()).]. SQL Server
> > does not exist or access denied.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Kevin
> > "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
> >
> > > Kevin,
> > >
> > > "UserInfo.dll" is already added to your VBA code, just start using it by
> > > calling the code described in Mariano article:
> > >
> > > cn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection
> > > cn.DefaultDatabase = UserInfoGet.IntercompanyID
> > > cmd.ActiveConnection = cn
> > > cmd.CommandType = adCmdText
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > --
> > > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > > MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/

0
KevinZhou (17)

DL and Ghost User.
Query. A user has been nuked from and EXch5.5 server. Not listed in ANY DL (this has been checked by five different people). Yet, an email gets sent to a DL that the user did belong to (noting the above that the user is NOT in the DL). Yet the MTA still tries to send a message to the uer. Any ideas??? Ricardo I think (maybe) that certain versions of the MTA did this, and a restart of the MTA service cured the problem. Have you tried that? For the record, what SP level are you at? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk &quo...

How can i asign MBF roles to user accounts?
Hello. I want to asign to user accounts the next roles: MBF roles: - Order Management Customer - Customer (Advanced role) I was wondering how can I make this Thanks for your help Jose Ponce Aguilar ...

Looking to learn VBA
th -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Flamikey! I'd recommend John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA. Don't worry about the book's version number because all differences are flagged clearly. But see Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlbooks.html -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. OK Norm, I broke down and purchased both of John's 2003 Power & Formulas books Thanks fo...

operation failed error in outlook 2000
I've been using O-2000 for years under professional 2000 OS. suddenly I get operation failed error msg right after I see app fully displayed. ...

outlook operational fail event id 27
We got this error message when run outlook client on Citrix server : outlook operational fail event id 27 The outlook session hung sometimes more than 20 seconds.... Any suggestion will be appreciated!!!! Thanks! Eric Peng ...

Merging excel office data into a publisher office project(Australi
Having problems when I get to the point in the merge wizard "catalog merge template", with the DOB format to be entered into the membership card that I have made in Publisher. It reverts back to American date format. Could the problem be in the edit record section? All seems to be okay till then. I have checked the regional settings etc., all okay. When I have finished template of merge & highlighted the DOB field gone to language on tool bar and set language it still doesn't work then preview, it has reverted to American. ...

User name does not show up in Global Address List in Outlook
We created several AD accounts with email. I look at the exchange server and the recipients policy is default. Is there an options or configurations I need to do so the user email address will automatically show up in the global address list? I am stump as to why it does not show up in global address list. they should, automatically...are the AD accounts stamped with an smtp address? If not, it would appear that your RUS is malfunctioning...if they are, you should be able to see them in the GAL unless you're running Outlook in cached mode, maybe, and your OAB is not updating... -...

Fail to deliver in time
Hi, We have all Outlook 2003 and one of the users didn't received e-mail in time and new mail notification never warned. I checked all settings comparing with different users and couldn't find anything to stoping delivering messages. He starts to use Send/Receve function in order to get all new messages. Any help? Thanks. Art. Make sure Outlook isn't placed in Offline Mode; File-> Work Offline -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- &qu...

performance of Web service in GP 9
any one have experience with webservice in GP9.0? Compared to econnect 9.0, which is better regarding performance? When I fetch 200 records using econnect .net assembly, it takes 4 seconds. Is it normal in Econnect 9.0? Thanks for any comment. Well, the web services use eConnect to fetch the records. So right there by definition Web Services has to be slower since you call the web service, it calls econnect, and then returns your records. But it's definitely slower because Web Services does so much more in regard to roles, policies, etc etc etc and so it's "more than a b...

Please help me with a couple of VBA related Word questions... than
1. If a group of users have a common template installed on their machine, and they are all sent a document created with that template, is the appropriate corresponding template identified by its filename, or by its fully-qualified-folder-path-filename (which could be in different locations on different client machines), or something else? 2. Can VBA code be separated from the document and distributed separately from the document? 3. What's the best way of distributing changes to a VBA macro? Thank you for your help I do not have the facilities to the check a...

page guide at bottom of project reads 1-24
When I print I have to ask for page 4 if I want 3, 5 if I want 6, etc. Will not print page 1. What's up? Booklet? View, uncheck two page spread. Print current page. What version Publisher is always helpful to know. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Church Lady" <Church Lady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28192282-D5AD-4387-8C61-C5C5720441B8@microsoft.com... > When I print I have to ask for page 4 if I want 3, 5 if I want 6, etc. Will > not print page 1. What's up? > ...

Setup user permissions
Please can someone help us to understand how we can structure the user permission in the scernario below. We have offices in various countries. The teams are divided into Sales and Marketing at every location. Each location sales and marketing teams exist in the same business unit so can view the data of each other but we now have lets say a Marketing Director who wants to be able to see the data of all marketing teams but the sales director should be able to see the data of all sales team. Sales and marketing do not want to share the data above the business unit they are in. MY Org ...

User win32 dll
Hi I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. How can I do so. Regards Usman > I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I > have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. > How can I do so. You just need to link against the .lib file. What exactly is that you are not able to do? --- Ajay There's a function in the Dll that I've to use i.e MyDllFunction(unsinged int) In my MFC application, I...

Array of User define data.
I want to use a typed data of array. Type myType X As Long Y As Long End Type Dim myMatrix(20)(20) As myType But above code is wrong. How to that right VBA coding? Another question. Can I use a Variant array such as dim myVar as Long = 20 Dim myMatrix(myVar) As myType Thanks... I think this is what you mean Dim myarray() As myType ReDim myarray(1 To 20) myarray(1).X = 1 myarray(1).Y = 3 Const cLen As Long = 20 Dim myArray2(cLen) As myType myArray2(20).X = 1 myarray(20).Y = 2 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Cactus [������]" <a@b.com> wrote in mes...

searching for questions by login name
How can I search for all the questions that specifically I submitted? I tried to use my display name and nothing returned. "GailH" <GailH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:830E4922-7352-4C30-8844-4EF72B0BD9C7@microsoft.com... > How can I search for all the questions that specifically I submitted? I > tried > to use my display name and nothing returned. Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news reader instead. Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups http://www.michaelsteve...

Outlook Web Access 01-20-10
How do I save an e-mail message from Outlook Web Access in My Documents? Version of OWA/Exchange? In Exchange 2007's OWA- click the printer button (then cancel the print) and then save the page as HTML. Press the Alt key open the menu bar if its not visible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-RE...

Integration Manager 10
We are having multiple problems with IM10. When we are in a company in GP and select Run Integration, nothing happens. We can use open integration and then run it form there. Is here something we missed in the upgrade to GP10 and IM10 that would cause this? Additonal information. I am trying this running as administrator on the computer and sa in GP, so I don;t think security is the issue. Any help would be appreciated. "Bob Harrison" wrote: > We are having multiple problems with IM10. > > When we are in a company in GP and select Run Integration, nothing happens. ...

disable relay for authenticated users
I apologize for the simplicity of this question. I just don't know the answer. I have a small office (25 users) We have a few people who use a VPN and we also use OWA to gain access to our email. Are there any implications to these users if I were to disable relaying for authenticed users and only allow my internal network's ip address range? I want to eliminate any chance of smtp auth attack but don't want to adversely affect our users. thanks. If you don't have external POP users just disable authenticated relay entirely - if you DO, you can still disable it and l...

Retainer vs. Project vs. Contract
Our business bills a flat retainer fee every month for every customer. This fee is based on an hourly rate and an agreed number of hours. Separately, if we exceed our retainer, we send a seperate 'overtime' invoice to the customer the following month. In GP 9.0, we are confused with their terminology (i.e. retainer, contract, project, etc.) and how it applies to the the above description. Does anyone have any suggestion on how we should configrue GP for our business? Thanks A contract is the overall job or maybe in your case a specific service or work order for your customer. Pr...

Purchasing in GP
I erroneously used the "Remove Transaction History" utility and lost all history from my recent conversion to GP. Is there anyway to recover that data other than from a backup tape? In other words is the data marked for removal or is it physically removed? -- Peter Mc Sorry, but it's gone :-( -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Peter Mc" wrote: > I erroneously used the "Remove Transaction History" utility and > lost all history from my recent conversion to GP. Is there anyway to > recover that data oth...

looking for user in a home furnishing store
I have a prospect running a home furnishings store who would like to speak with someone using RMS in a similar type store (sofas, chairs, tables, lighting, and associated decor) My prospect is in Wellesley, MA. How can I find a local user, or at least a similar user that my prospect can talk with? -- FRB I am using rms for out door furniture tables chairs and more what are you looking for what can i do to help "FRB" wrote: > I have a prospect running a home furnishings store who would like to speak > with someone using RMS in a similar type store (sofas, chairs, tab...

Add custom User Defined Function to Report Writer report
Is it possible to do this? I have created a UDF in SQL2005 that returns the value that I want to bring onto a report in GP10's RW. Thanks Les ok.. I think I have learnt since posting that the UDF is a dexterity UDF, not a SQL UDF that Report Writer can reference. If so, forget it.. I'll use a Crystal Report or SQL RS report. Tx Les "LesWright" wrote: > Is it possible to do this? > > I have created a UDF in SQL2005 that returns the value that I want to bring > onto a report in GP10's RW. > > Thanks > > Les You could use VBA to call y...

Hardware/Network related issues with GP Installation
Hi, Is there any Hardware / Network related issues which may come up while installling GP, BP at production server? Is there any expected issues, We should take care at the time of installation? Kindly Share. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Arun. My application server with GP, BP is virtual server running on Windows Server 2003. The Database server is physical server running on Windows Server 2008. "Arun" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any Hardware / Network related issues which may come up while > installling GP, BP at production server? > > Is there any expec...

Custom Footers.
As I have heard different stories of wether it is possible to put the contents of a cell into a custom footer, please can someone tell me if it is possible or not. The cell contents simply contains text. Thanking you in anticipation <><><><><><> Big Rick You need VBA to do this. In the ThisWorkbook code module, use code like the following: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Range("A1").Text End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

Data migration from ACT! 10 to CRM 4.0 (hosted)
Hi, Does Data Migration Manager support the above? We need to migrate accounts, contacts and related history and activities from ACT! 10 to CRM 4.0 (which will be partner hosted). Thanks. The Data Migration Manager provides out of box maps for ACT 6. But it should be able to migrate records from ACT 10 too. you need to create/update maps for the entities you need to migrate. One good option may be to start with ACT 6 map and add mappings if there is any unmapped entity/attribute. Thanks, Koushik "The Office Guy" <TheOfficeGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...