user defined fields

Cards-Sales-Customer, in lower left hand corner of the
Customer Maintenance screen there are two user defined
fields.  one of our users would like to have User Defined
1 changed to "Tax ID/SS #".

She should have been able to do this after looking at her
user rights to "Tools-Customize-modifier" and "cards-Sales-
Customer".  loged in as "sa" and was not able to modify
that same window.  All I get is a greyed out Modifier /
modify current window.

ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Try going to Cards / Sales / Receivables and click on the Options tab.  You
will notice the User-Defined 1 field that can be changed to Tax ID/SS #.

"K1d" wrote:

> Cards-Sales-Customer, in lower left hand corner of the
> Customer Maintenance screen there are two user defined
> fields.  one of our users would like to have User Defined
> 1 changed to "Tax ID/SS #".
>

> She should have been able to do this after looking at her
> user rights to "Tools-Customize-modifier" and "cards-Sales-
> Customer".  loged in as "sa" and was not able to modify
> that same window.  All I get is a greyed out Modifier /
> modify current window.
>
> ideas?

0
ZachMorgan (47)
11/29/2004 9:05:05 PM
Go to Tools...Setup...Sales...Receivables.

Click Options.

Enter a label for User Defined 1.

"K1d" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cards-Sales-Customer, in lower left hand corner of the
> Customer Maintenance screen there are two user defined
> fields.  one of our users would like to have User Defined
> 1 changed to "Tax ID/SS #".
>

> She should have been able to do this after looking at her
> user rights to "Tools-Customize-modifier" and "cards-Sales-
> Customer".  loged in as "sa" and was not able to modify
> that same window.  All I get is a greyed out Modifier /
> modify current window.
>
> ideas?

0
callen1071 (408)
11/30/2004 2:44:14 AM
If you go to the window and press F1 for Help, scroll down to the
description of the user defined fields. It tells you exactly what to do.

"K1d" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cards-Sales-Customer, in lower left hand corner of the
> Customer Maintenance screen there are two user defined
> fields.  one of our users would like to have User Defined
> 1 changed to "Tax ID/SS #".
>

> She should have been able to do this after looking at her
> user rights to "Tools-Customize-modifier" and "cards-Sales-
> Customer".  loged in as "sa" and was not able to modify
> that same window.  All I get is a greyed out Modifier /
> modify current window.
>
> ideas?

0
callen1071 (408)

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

Alternative for user instance login flag ?
I have SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition only installed on development PC, have 2008 Standard Edition on the production server. The DBAs have the production environemnt locked-down. I created a VS.NET 2008 web application and setup a MDF to use my Dev Edition DB instance. When I run the app, I try to connect and get " The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closed. " I understand that only SqlExpress supports this functionality. The professional DBAs are not going to let me just install another instance o...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

my brain not comprehending the yes/no field
I have a db that enters orders. The "product" (insurance plan) has one price but 20 different "attributes" in any combo of one choice to many (plan types like medical, dental etc...) and with one "price" (premium). The plan types must show up on one line in a report with one price (they are not deliminated per plan type). The easiest way for personnel to enter all the plan types would be yes/no check boxes on the input form. My problem is I can't figure out how to make those "yes"es equal the plan name in the report! I know, it's proba...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

Limited User Account
I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer with Windows XP. I read in the user guide that I must install it with an administrator account, which I would expect. After it is installed, can I import data from Quicken 2006 and use MS Money Plus from a limited user account? The reason I ask is I do all my routine work with a limited user account and only use the administrator account when absolutely necessary. Gerry In microsoft.public.money, Geber wrote: >I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer >with Windows XP. I read in the...

How to Clear the AutoDetect Cache for the To: field
HI, When sending a message in Outlook, one begins to type the destination address in the To: field. Generally speaking if one has sent email to this address in the past then Outlook will auto detect and provide a suggested list of reciepients (know what I'm talking about???). Anyway, I know this feature can be disabled so one is never provided with a list of possible receipients but does anyone know how to clear this cache???? Thanks Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key ...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

Workbook with macros hangs up when opening, only with certain user
Chip Pearson has some notes about startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Ron516 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

user can only do send as
I currently have a user running OfficeXP Standard SP1, Win2K SP3 and the server running Win2K Exchange 2000 SP3. The user has been given permission to send on behalf of, but not send as. When they send something trying to use the send on behalf of, the messages sends as if it were sent as send as (i.e. it appears to come directly from the user and doesn't have the additional message attachement sent of behalf of). Any idea of how to get the send on behalf of working properly? I have manually removed them and it still happens, as if it is stuck on somewhere. I allowed lots of time for re...

Help with SQL- SupplierList cost into Item cost field
Hi, re-posted! See below. Hi, thanks for that- it worked perfectly. There is just one snag however and I didn't think of it until I was testing. Many of the suppliers use specific currencies so the information I need copied from the Supplier tab is actually the Local Cost. When I view the SupplierList table, Local Cost doesn't appear as a column. Is it just a calculation based on exchange rates for information or does it actually exist somewhere within the database? Your help once again would be much appreciated. T. "convoluted" wrote: > Hi Tara - backup your...

I want to send full contacts list to another user
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000, and My Contacts are set up in a Hierarchy. I want to send the whole group to another user. Is there any way of sending the contacts, and keeping the existing Hierarchy. Thanks, Gerry. ...

ONDIRTY MOVE TO NEXT FIELD
Hi, I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke and have the cursor move to the next field. How would I do that? I tried ONDIRTY but it gave me an error and couldn't move. Thanks in advance, Bonnie Try the AfterUpdate event of the combo box. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0068FF95-2485-4FA7-B59A-4BA9A1E1CF86@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke > and > have the cursor move to the...

how to hide dropdown items according to users ?
Hi, I have created an dropdown control in contacts form. and i have 2 items in the dropdown list. now when user1 logs in i want to show only the 1st item in the dropdown control or i should able to disable the control. but when user2 logs in i should show all the items in the dropdown control. Now how to hide dropdown items according to users ? Regards, Richard, There is not supported way to do what you are asking to do. You might be able to do this by somt customizing of the XSLT's, but what happens when User 1 pulls up a record that User 2 previously set the value to the 2nd option?...

how to replace fields
Hi all, I am new to Ms access, would like to know how to replace fields with some specific values, i.e. want to replace all records with a field named MONTH by "May". What should I do? Thanks. thanks a lot, will change the field name as advised. I am just rewritting some Visual Fox-pro programs by Ms Access as our copy of VFP is in very low version that our PC can't support. The purpose of the program I am studying is to import some monthly report data and append to a master file. That's why we have to replace the newly added records by the current month value ...

scroll field reset
Somehow have gotten my scroll bar in worksheet set so that moving it just one centimeter moves me from the top to the bottom of my working field. Since my field is 3000 rows, it makes it awkward to use. Can anyone tell me how to reset it so that scrolling top to bottom just takes me from the top to the bottom of my working area rather than the whole worksheet? anand Hi Anand! I think you can resolve this issue, by resetting the last cell (delete all rows and columns that doesn't contain any data), see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=244435 for details about this. Best regards...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

Secondary SA user & password
I looked over previous sa user items in this group. Is it posible in 10.0 SP1 to create an additional sa user that doesn't have rights to security roles/user accounts? What I am trying to do is have 2 sa roles- one that can do all and one sa that can not modify user security or roles. If it is possible how would I accomplish that? Thanks for the response! Hi Ang Have a look at this white Paper, I think ti explains everything you are looking for: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/documentation/whitepapers/msdygp10_securityplanwp.htm?printpage=false Cheers -- Fliehigh "An...

Money Plus not activated for just one Vista user
I posted a message over two hours ago and it never appeared. Sorry if this turns out to be a duplicate. I recently installed and activated Money Plus Deluxe after using the demo. The problem is that when I run it under my normal, restricted Vista account the program reports that it needs to be activated. I reactivate the program under that account and am told that it was successful, but the next time I start the program it reports that it needs to be activated again. The problem does not occur for other accounts on the computer. It only happens on the one Vista account that I actu...

XSD Schema
Hi All! I run into a problem defining a XSD schema with KEYREF references. Is it possible to use KEYREF with nillable fields? Just like a database where a FK could be null. In the example below the tag <Owner> is nillable and also used as FIELD in the KEYREF. Run this in Visual Studio 2005 XML Editor and there will be NO error. Run this in XMLSpy and there WILL BE an error. Anyone out there with any suggestions or workarounds? Regards /Stefan Vestin <== FILENAME=KeyRef.xml ==> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root xmlns:xsi="http://...

Users Crm
Hi, I have a crm server, only one person seems to be able to view the web page, all the other get a box saying you are not authorised. Users have been created for all of these people. Also interestinly there are com+ errors for the executive and svc groups and dcom errors in the event logs. Are these anything to do with it? Thanks have all these user been assigned CRM Licenses and security roles? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Matt Owen" <mowen@omniis.com> wrote in message news:bc4d4b18.0...

User changes last name
I have a network user with an associated mailbox. The user's name is jsmith and the Exchange alias is jsmith. This user has a new last name now, jjones.The user wants her email address to reflect the new name. She also wants to have any mail that goes to her old address forwarded to the new address. Can I just rename some things or do I have to create another userid and create the new mailbox and import all the email into the new mailbox and forward the old email to the new one. That senario would also cause the user to get a default profile on the desktop which I want to try to av...

Unable display inbox folder under the user's mailbox
We have a user of outlook'97 and we are using win Exchange server 5.5. But this user can not open his Inbox under the mailbox. But he can open the sent items, etc under the mailbox. What should We do ? Thanks and reagrds, Subyantoro@lfdis.com Sounds like it could be a corrupted view. Has the user/you tried starting Outlook with the /cleanviews command line switch? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Subyantoro" <Subyantoro@lfdis.com> wrote in message news:056f01c3d370$97715250$a401280a@phx....