User Defined Fields--Employee Maintenance Screen PR & HR

In looking through the table/field descriptions I do not find the additional
user defined field names associated with the PR/HR modules. When I tried to
run a smartlist and attach the fields they do not appear in the window as
available fields/columns. I have modified the labels and need to run reports
on those specific user defined fields. Has anyone created such a report? If
not, where can I locate the field names?

I am a new user to this system and any assistance someone could provide
would be helpful.

Hi,

Since there are several places with user defined fields available, can you
specify which fields or what windows contain them? We use user defined fields
with HR/PR and they are in several different places.

--
Hector Herrera
Business Systems Analyst II

"hrsystem user" wrote:

> In looking through the table/field descriptions I do not find the additional
> user defined field names associated with the PR/HR modules. When I tried to
> run a smartlist and attach the fields they do not appear in the window as
> available fields/columns. I have modified the labels and need to run reports
> on those specific user defined fields. Has anyone created such a report? If
> not, where can I locate the field names?
>
> I am a new user to this system and any assistance someone could provide
> would be helpful.
Hello,

As Hector said, we need more information to give you a more accurate answer.
I have this list of tables that may give you what you need:

AAU10130 HR Applicant User Defined
AU010130 HR Applicant User Defined
HR2AUD02 HR Applicant user defined form setup
AUD20130 HR Applicant user defined report setup
AEU10130 Archive HR User Defined
EU100130 HR User Defined
HR2UDE02 HR User defiined form setup
UD020130 HR User defined report setup

Kind regards,

Leslie

"hrsystem user" wrote:

> In looking through the table/field descriptions I do not find the additional
> user defined field names associated with the PR/HR modules. When I tried to
> run a smartlist and attach the fields they do not appear in the window as
> available fields/columns. I have modified the labels and need to run reports
> on those specific user defined fields. Has anyone created such a report? If
> not, where can I locate the field names?
>
> I am a new user to this system and any assistance someone could provide
> would be helpful.
The screen is employee extra fields accessed from the employee human
resources maintenance screen by clicking on the EXTRA FIELDS tab.

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As Hector said, we need more information to give you a more accurate answer.
> I have this list of tables that may give you what you need:
>
> AAU10130 HR Applicant User Defined
> AU010130 HR Applicant User Defined
> HR2AUD02 HR Applicant user defined form setup
> AUD20130 HR Applicant user defined report setup
> AEU10130 Archive HR User Defined
> EU100130 HR User Defined
> HR2UDE02 HR User defiined form setup
> UD020130 HR User defined report setup
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Leslie
>
> "hrsystem user" wrote:
>
> > In looking through the table/field descriptions I do not find the additional
> > user defined field names associated with the PR/HR modules. When I tried to
> > run a smartlist and attach the fields they do not appear in the window as
> > available fields/columns. I have modified the labels and need to run reports
> > on those specific user defined fields. Has anyone created such a report? If
> > not, where can I locate the field names?
> >
> > I am a new user to this system and any assistance someone could provide
> > would be helpful.
The data is located in:
HR_Employee_Extra  EX01030

The label names are located in:
HR_Extra_Labels   HREXTR12

Is this what you needed?

Kind regards,

Leslie

"hrsystem user" wrote:

> The screen is employee extra fields accessed from the employee human
> resources maintenance screen by clicking on the EXTRA FIELDS tab.
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > As Hector said, we need more information to give you a more accurate answer.
> > I have this list of tables that may give you what you need:
> >
> > AAU10130 HR Applicant User Defined
> > AU010130 HR Applicant User Defined
> > HR2AUD02 HR Applicant user defined form setup
> > AUD20130 HR Applicant user defined report setup
> > AEU10130 Archive HR User Defined
> > EU100130 HR User Defined
> > HR2UDE02 HR User defiined form setup
> > UD020130 HR User defined report setup
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Leslie
> >
> > "hrsystem user" wrote:
> >
> > > In looking through the table/field descriptions I do not find the additional
> > > user defined field names associated with the PR/HR modules. When I tried to
> > > run a smartlist and attach the fields they do not appear in the window as
> > > available fields/columns. I have modified the labels and need to run reports
> > > on those specific user defined fields. Has anyone created such a report? If
> > > not, where can I locate the field names?
> > >
> > > I am a new user to this system and any assistance someone could provide
> > > would be helpful.

can't resolve user names
i've just added exchange 2003 to a small business server 2003 network. The users were already apart of the domain. My problem is that i want to add them to the exchange server and i can not get them connected because when i hit check name it never checks out correctly. am i missing something. This is a fresh first install of exchange and i can get the administrator account to get email. I just can't get it to work on any users. In news:OGRukk%23QGHA.4608@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andrew Mallette <Andrewm270@aol.com> typed: > i've just added exchange 2003 to a small bu...

a count field in a query?

where to find doc. for Microsoft defined types
Is there a place where all the Microsoft data type definitions can be found (e.g. BOOL, Hwnd, UINT , etc. etc. . . .)? without having to hunt through all the .h files? My most recent snag: in a dialog box, I have class wizard define a member value variable for a checkbox, which shows up as a BOOL. In my code, I stored it in a variable defined as bool. Of course, this gives a warning, so I change mine to BOOL and everythings ok. But I would really like to know what BOOL is - so far, I haven't found it, but there are so many .h files ....... TIA for any guidance. ...

User Frequency Report
Is there a way to get a user frequency report in Exchange 2000? I need to determine what users are not using their email to be disabled. Thanks! ...

export/import users grant between pcs
hi i want to export users grant from one pc and import to other pc . users are many. how can i do please help me ...

Plotting results of survey fields
I have a spreadsheet that measures various aspects of particular features (i.e. usability, age of application, etc) as noted in the chart sample below Ease of Feature Use Flexibility A 1 4 B 2 2 C 3 5 D 5 5 E 1 1 I want to compare my results in a matrix that allows those features ranking low (1,1) to be plotted on the lower left of the chart and those ranking high (5,5) in the upper right, with values in between. I have tried to do this as a scatter diagram, but am having difficulty getting the results to plot correctly. Also, I need to separate those entries ha...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

550 5.1.1 user unknown
We have a client that gets the error below intermittently. I have worked with this client's IT staff over the phone to help resolve the issue. The thing is is that they can send e-mails to us half the time and the other times they get the message below. This happens to all users within our organization with this client. They client's IT staff seems pretty comfortable that it is not their end but this is the only client we have problems with. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this? If so, any advice would be appreciated. thanks! Sent <<&...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

"ghost or blank" messages with date field of "none".....help?
using the ESEUTIL utility, we recently had to rebuild our message store because of a corrupted restore attempt. everything restored nicely...execpt now we have some users that have what seems to be blank messages. when outlook is opened, and messages are listed in the inbox or deleted items folder, these messages are blank except for the word "none" in the date field. they can not be accessed nor deleted. any ideas on how to resolve this issue?? thanks! On 26 Sep 2006 12:07:04 -0700, "kamor56" <kmorgan56@gmail.com> wrote: >using the ESEUTIL utility, we recentl...

conditional "business required" field
I have 2 fields, A and B Depending on picklist selection from field A, I want field B to be "business required" or not. Is this done with onchange Jscript on field A? What are the CRM events controlling "business required". Is there a list of all CRM supported events? Thanks Paul Yes, you should use onchange event of FieldA. Use "crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel('field_schema_name', true);" to make it Required, or put 'false' for the second parameter to remove requirment. Note that the function SetFieldReqLevel is unsupported. The list of all ...

integration with plant maintenance system / non sales inventory
I work for a manufacturing company that has a maintenance management system that tracks parts, work orders, equipment. I have a few questions. 1.) Does anyone manage non sales inventories in GP? 2.) Does anyone replicate this data to another system? 3.) Does anyone know of any partners that provide plant maintenance software that integrates with GP? I'd like to move purchasing and non-sales inventory out of our maintenance system and into GP so that it could be better integrated with AP. Thanks, Ben ...

How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie
I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications. If i search for duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null. What do i need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically updated when the duplicate is found? Current: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP Mike Smith 1234 DELETE 9012 Desire result: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP 9012 (...

adding a new user to email
okay so i have tried so many time to add my husband onto outlook email but for some reason it will not allow me to do so and it really is driving me mad! this is the steps i am taking... Does he have a separate account? Have you added this account from Control Panel->Mail Icon? What version of Outlook are you using? BTW - the steps you listed are going to elicit the same problem every time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

Attn: M02,3,4 users who use Passport/WinLiveID
You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.) See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020. You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time. (File|Password Manager). There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a date certain. Does this also means backup files taken from M02,3,4 will be inaccessible, even if they are opened with a current version of Money? Although if you have to go back four, five or six years you probably have bigger issues. But I have at times opened older backup files, even five...

Delete Field in Backend Database
Access 2007 user looking for code that will delete a field from a specified table on a backend database. AND/OR...change the Field Size on an existing field. Thanks! -- DT No user should have this ability. This is a recipe for disaster!!!! Anywho, To delete a field you'd do something along the line of Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Set db = CurrentDb set tdf = db.TableDefs ("YourTableName") tdf.Fields.Delete ("YourFieldName") or using SQL, something like Db.Execute "ALTER TABLE YourTableName " & _ ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

Activate "Contacts" field within a Contact
I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact field in 2003. I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this field. How do I activate the field. Is there a way to show this field when you open a contact? You need to add the field to that view: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking... -- Russ Valentine "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C565B904-9DEB-4F29-AED4-716F2CB253EE@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact fi...

Field Type Mismatch on select
I have an input field (InputFieldA) that a user can type either a location# (alphanumeric - could be all numeric) or zipcode (numeric). I have the following select: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA I would like to just do something simple to select the information regardlesss of whether they type in location# or zip. I thought something like this would work: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA or zipcode = InputFieldA This works if the field is a zipcode (numeric) but not if it contains characters because it fails with a mis match on field type. (The ...

fail when try to select field from an entity view
Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM Server. Can somone help to find an explaination. I should mention that even when I open a session from a client machine I use the administrator credentials Thanks in advance Try adding about:blank to the trusted sites in IE and check. HTH, Niths "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main > viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM >...

Which users are sending emails??
Hi All, I am new to MS Exchange, I am finding difficult to see which users are sending emails. I can see the flow of emails in the Queue services but when I right clicked on the specific email then choose properties, I can't see who is sending the email. Does anyone know how to see who has send an email in the Queue service or anywhere else?? Regards John Smith ...

when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or someth.
when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or something like that, then it tells me that "the of folders couldn't be opened" and then it shuts down. i can't even open it to tweak the preferences and fix the problem.....what is my problem anyway ? JD <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or something > like that, then it tells me that "the of folders couldn't be opened" > and then it shuts down. i can't even open it to tweak the > preferences an...

Masking fields in CRM
I was asked a question today about whether it is possible to mask fields in a (for instance) Account form depending on the value of a picklist. For example, an Account might have field that are only valid for certain values in a custom picklist. These fields are greyed out depending on the picklist value. My initial thought is that using a onChange event might do the trick but I don't know if I am right... or how to do it! Any thoughts?? Lindsay Lindsay, This type of process is not supported by the app. While you could do something like this via OnChange, it would not work when yo...

User-defined fields
A2003 First Table called: --------------------------- TBLPRODUCTS ProductID Description Property1YN Property2YN Property3YN etc. . . ------------------------- Second Table called: --------------------------- TBLPROPERTIES PropID PropertyDescription --------------------------- This is a single user db. I want the user to be able to build the Properties table as they wish (for example, green, blue, red) and then, from a datasheet form based on the Products table, check the Y/N box where that Product has those Properties, or not. What do I link? How do I get the Property to show as a column h...

how to view changes to data by user?
How do I view changes/updates made to a database by various data-entrier by their names and time of the day? Any info is appreciated! Conie code: AddFieldToTable, AddDateUserToTables --- Hi Connie, Add these fields to every table: UserIDc, long integer -- userID who created record UserIDm, long integer -- userID who modified record DateCreated, date/time -- date/time record was created DateModified, date/time -- date/time record was modified DateCreated can have a default valut --> =Now() and it will get filled automatically each time a record is created UserIDc can ber filled o...