User Activity window in GP 9

Hi!

Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under
Tools-Setup-System in GP 9?  How can you tell who's logged in the system
without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr?  Thanks
--
Marisol Mortera
0

Hi Marisol,

Now found under

Tools --> Utilities --> System

Robert

Marisol wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under
> Tools-Setup-System in GP 9?  How can you tell who's logged in the system
> without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr?  Thanks
0
rcavill1 (40)

Windows Explorer crashes when moving files
I'm trying to move files by dragging a folder from the right-hand pane in Windows Explorer (Vista Business) to a different folder in the left-hand 'Folders' pane and every time I try this, Explorer stops working and re-starts. If I copy and paste the folders it doesn't seem to cause this problem, although even then, I have to [right click and 'Paste'] twice in the new folder - the first 'Paste' instruction never produces any effect. Should I be able to drag them? Why does 'Paste' require two attempts every time? browniebodrum wrote: >...

How do I Install Publisher2003 in windows ME? HELP!
I have Windows Millineum and I am trying to install publisher2003 with digital imaging for a much needed and overdue newsletter project. It will not install. It tells me that I need a newer version of Windows, but when I check on publisher's requirements, it reads windows 2000 or above so I believe it should install. If anyone can tell me what to do, I would appreciate it. Keep in mind that I know very little about computers, very, very, little. Thanks, Linda Carter Housecat02@hotmail.com It will never install on Windows Me. Read the box... Publisher 2003 will install on Wind...

Allowing users access to a mailbox
How can i allow a user access to another users mailbox via the open command from the server. We are running exchange on SBS2003 Thanks if you want to give a user access to another users mailbox then open ADU&C go to ther user account that you want to set the permission on, go to the "Exchange Advanced" tab and click on the "Mailbox Rights" button. You can then give another user Full Mailbox Access rights so they can open up the other users mailbox. Is this what you are talking about? Philip Nunn <jd.smithuk@talk21.com> wrote in message news:3u9tv0pn2aa...

RE: Writting to the console for a windows app...
Hi, This is probably a stupid question, but if I create a windows application that uses the "/subsystem:windows" linker option, is it still possible to write to the console from which it was started? What I am trying to provide are command line options to my existing windows application. The main reason is to be able to provide the standard "-?" option whereby the usage information is written to the console. eg. if a person was to execute "myappname.exe -?" I would like this usage information to be written to the window in which it was executed. Thanks, Dave ...

Trendlines #9
I used the trendline feature in excel and recieved an equation of "y = 3E+09x6 - 7E+08x5 + 8E+07x4 - 4E+06x3 + 42077x2 + 1197.x" What do thhe Plus signs mean after the E (presumably the E means times ten to the ____). Also, what does the decimal mean before the x (the last term) below is the polynomial that represent the graph. Where ** means Raised to the Power. x represent the x-axis on the graph. Below I tried to break out the formula so you can understand it better. If you take a value on the x-axis a added to the formular you will get approximately the value on the y...

Merging email from two User Accounts.....et al
I'm not good at this, but here it goes: I have set up three user accounts on my laptop: One administrator, one user which have been there for six months. I recently set up a third account, a second user account, because I had trouble starting Outlook on the first user account. Almost all of my files are on the first User account, of course accessible by the administrator account, but Outlook would never open...I kept getting some message about failing to connect to MS exchange server, which makes no sense to me, since I don't have Exchange Server. So I set up Outlook on the Adm...

Lists in GP 10
I have a client that uses GP 10. When they click on the HR & Payroll button on the navigation pane, the area page does not load. We have determined that the information in the list area somehow got out of order. Where HR & Payroll would be at the top, the Employee Reports lists are at the top now, which makes the page not load. How could this get out of order and how can I fix it? Thanks for your help! ...

1 user cannot get out of office reply to work
I have one user who sets the out of office reply and it does not work. Everyone else on the network works fine. I have set it from the users laptop and also from OWA. Any suggestions? It doesn't work to internal or external recipients both? Is the user using MAPI? Is the user online, with delivery set in the profile to the Inbox instead of a PST? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "b" <b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AFF041F-26F4-43A2-88AD-B949D72BBADB@microsoft.com... >I have one user w...

How to close all windows and dialogs of a process?
Hi, In my project there is a client application and a server application. I want to add a "auto logout" function for client when server is dropped. I want to show a login dialog after hide main window and close all other windows. I have got all the window handles with EnumThreadWindows. And I have send WM_CLOSE to all window except main window. But the modal dialog was not closed. How to close all modal dialog? If I known one hwnd is handle of modal dialog I can close it with EndDialog? But how can I know a hwnd is a modal dialog? Should I record the hwnd before call DoModal?...

Windows XP SP3 update installed but not recognized?
I am running Windows XP Professional. While trying to configure new software I received the message that Service Pack 2 or higher was necessary. I checked my version of Windows and it showed that service pack 2 was installed. So, I installed Service Pack 3. When I right click on My Computer and Properties, it shows Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. However, when I try to install the other application I still get the message that "service pack 2 or later is required". Any help would be greatly appreciated! What "new software" would it be? ...

Different search results for users
When users use the advanced find, they get different results based on the same search criteria. Other then their un/pw, their accounts are identical (ie they use the same team and roles). Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks. Hey EvilGuyWhoEatsBrains, <-- funny screen name! You mention they are part of the same team, but are they in the same BusinessUnit? I have found in our organization, people use those terms interchangebly, when really BusinessUnits and Teams are different. Otherwise, if they are in the same BusinessUnit and belong to the same teams and have identicle ro...

Account creation error in GP 8.0, after conversion from GP 7.0
We are in the process of converting from Great Plains version 7.0 to version 8.0. We have finally slain all the dragons, except for one: when we open "Cards | Financial | Account", and attempt to create a new account code, Great Plains responds with a cryptic message "This record has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't be saved." This does not make any sense, given that we are adding a brand new account code. Does anyone out there know what causes this or if there is a workaround. Thanks muchly. It's related to FRx triggers. FRx chang...

GP 2010 Word Templates
Dear All i install the microsoft word add in and also open xml sdk 2.0 but template option is not available at the time of printing documents. urgent help is required. Take a look at the following article over Developing for Dynamics GP on Modifying Word Templates. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2010/05/31/modifying-microsoft-dynamics-gp-2010-word-templates.aspx -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.co...

Cannot open outlook window
Hi, I just startes getting the message "cannot open outlook winow". I am using windows 7. Tried the "run-outlook.exe/restartnavpane that worked in vista but it cannot find that file. Ran a search and it cam eup blank. Anyone out there got a clue how to fix this? I'd REALLY APPRECIATE IT. Hate using the web to access allof my email accounts. -- Lesa The command is Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane (not /restartnavpane) "Lesa" <Lesa@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

SID Filtering between 2 Windows 2003 Forests.
Hi, Source Domain : ABC.com (Windows 2003 SP 1) Target Domain : XYZ.com (Windows 2003 SP1) We are currently migrating users,groups and computers from ABC.com to XYZ.com. Users are successfully migrated with the passwords, but users are not able to access resources in the source domain (ABC.com). The error is "Access Denied" while accessing the resources in the source domain when the user is logged on to the target domain. How do i check if SID Filtering is enabled or disabled? I would request you to help me with a solution. Also, kindly explain the command to disable SID Fil...

Audio driver not installing in new Window 7 installation
I have window 7 (64bit) running inside Sun VirtualBox, host operating system is LINUX Ubunto 9.10 (64bit) on ASUS motherboard MAN78 PRO. Window will not install any audio drivers. When I attempt to run the ASUS window 7 drver setup program a window box appears indicating the AsusSetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks mmino wrote: > I have window 7 (64bit) running inside Sun VirtualBox, host > operating system is LINUX Ubunto 9.10 (64bit) on ASUS motherboard > MAN78 PRO. > > Window will not install any audi...

Multiple Outlook Windows are appearing.
I'm using Outlook 2007 on Vista 32 bit version. I've noticed some weird thing recently. Even though there is already running Outlook main window, another Outlook window are created when I double-clicked Outlook launch icon. I don't think that such behavior occured in the past. Is this normal behavior? Thanks, MJ MJ wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2007 on Vista 32 bit version. I've noticed some > weird thing recently. Even though there is already running Outlook > main window, another Outlook window are created when I double-clicked > Outlook launch icon. I don...

how to accomplish a menu_less window?
Hi, I sometimes come accross to excel application interfaces (windows) that looks exactly like the professional Delphi, or C++ counterparts (a plain window with only the programmed components on). But I have never seen a website or any other resource describing how we can achieve "this" with VBA on excel. I am willing to add this look to one of my files. Can anyone help? TIA --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. (Giden posta vir�ss�z olarak belgelendi.) Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.703 / Virus Database: 459 - Release Date: 10.06.2004...

please wait while windows configures microsoft office enterprise 2
Win XP Service Pack 3, Office 2007, Outlook 2003 (Did not upgrade Outlook). This set up worked for over a year now. Since two days, every time Outlook fetches new email - this only happens when there is new mail - i get this error: A dialog box opens up: "please wait while windows configures microsoft office enterprise 2007" How to fix it? If there are no new messages, I don't get that dialog box. Office 2007 is an VL version? Was Office 2003 also one. (Yes I understand your issue) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests ...

My Tasks View Options Reset after user sets them
What people here continue to have a problem with is that in My Tasks, =93Show Only Current Tasks=94 and =93Expand All=94 view options continue to =93reset=94 themselves to unchecked although you go to the trouble of checking an applying. You come back to My Tasks, and they are unchecked again. Sometimes it's one or the other; sometimes both, and I can't say for sure if the other two options change as well. Please advise. Thanks, Andy Novak UNT I think this might be related to your users having to high level of permissions enabled on PWA>Site Actions>Site Setti...

Can't run add user wizard SBS console feature not installed correc
I have recently installed Windows SBS 2008 on a Dell PowerEdge T605. After completing the installation and running all the Windows updates, I tried to add the users and groups to the server. The first time I ran the Windows SBS console and clicked on the Users and Groups tab, I receive the error message. "The Windows SBS console feature is not setup correctly." The wizard window appears behind the error message and disappears when the error is dismissed. User Roles tab shows no roles and attempting to add a role gives the same issue as a new User. Groups behave the sam...

Dynamics GP
I am relatively new to GP and trying to reconcile past inventory valuation dates for our company. Is it possible to run historical inventory valuation reports by item #? Also, is there a summary activity report that walks from beginning inventory to ending inventory by item # for the month? i.e. beginning + receipts - cost of goods sold +/- adjustments = Ending? Thank you The Historical Stock Status can give you a value of inventory by item at a particular point in time. Be careful as some transctions might have been posted with incorrect dates but this would be the best starting ...

Multi-user / family account recommendations
I have been using Money since 1999 and I am currently using the 2007 version. I recently got married and I want to manage the combined finances of me and my wife through Money. It seems to me that Money is really geared towards a single individual, i.e. tax reports etc. are for one user What would your recommendations be to managing both personal and joint accounts in Money? Regards Pieter The tax tools like tax estimator and withholding estimator do assume all income and expenses in the entire file, but pretty much all other reporting can be tailored to include whatever you want...

Error adding users on new CRM 3 installation
I just installed CRM 3 and i tried to add users via the web interface. When I try to add a user I get an error: "Error occurred, contact your system admin". In the event viewer of the server I see this log: Can someone help ? Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 8/21/2007 3:03:13 PM Event time (UTC): 8/21/2007 1:03:13 PM Event ID: 8660ef3de8524d4eb01e25021d9e2718 Event sequence: 237 Event occurrence: 2 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-128321739489643630 Trust level: Full Appl...

User name and password #2
I cannot send mail. It keeps posting the user name and password box of which all data entered is correct. I re-enter it and hit send and the box pops up again. It was working ok and nothing has been changed since. Are you on an exchange server or part of a domain? Are you using Exchange server or are you part of a domain? ...