User access via remote desktop

I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client,
they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login
error if trying to login via remote desktop.

Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user,
they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client.

Any ideas why this would occur?

Thx,

Frank Hamelly, MCP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)

Do you have any profiles that would be affecting where a user is using files?
I've seen this issue where one user's profile was different than other
users'.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Frank" wrote:

> I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client,
> they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login
> error if trying to login via remote desktop.
>
> Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user,
> they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client.
>
> Any ideas why this would occur?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly, MCP
> NOVA Solutions LLC
> Melbourne, FL

0
callen (2505)
4/29/2007 6:56:02 PM
Frank,

I think this is caused by the DSN being named differently on the different
machines.  Here is a link to the discussion:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/32597579938b12d2/acd4f8c9ac39d6d4?lnk=st&q=User+Password+not+consistent+from+computer+to+server&rnum=1&hl=en#acd4f8c9ac39d6d4

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Frank" <fhamelly@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client,
> they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login
> error if trying to login via remote desktop.
>
> Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user,
> they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client.
>
> Any ideas why this would occur?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly, MCP
> NOVA Solutions LLC
> Melbourne, FL

0
victoria (3340)
4/30/2007 11:47:53 AM
Thanks Victoria - I'll check that out!

Frank Hamelly, MCP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)

Disabled account in AD and re-enabled. Now user can't login to Outlook.
A user's account was disabled in Active Directory and then re-enabled a short time later. Now the user cannot login to Outlook. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thanks ...

Excel and Access
Hi guys, I'm trying to link my excel sheet to my ms-access db, but thi is the following error that I'm getting: I have some values on my excel sheet like 2215291051006 2215296060601.. and so on, and I have them formatted as Text, but whe I go to ms-access and I click to link a table or to import the table.. those values are changed to this 2.215296060601E+12, I mean to the dat type is changed to number instead of keeping the data type as Text... anyone knows how can I fix this???? Thanks Jessic -- jessie247 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jessi...

Utilizing end-user workstations for e-mail processing and storing?
Hello! As the number of our users is growing, so is the load on the e-mail server. Our primary business is support and people's mailboxes (some as large as 20Gb) are their frequent source of reference (going back to 1997 for some people). Can the end-users' desktops -- a resource, that already has to scale together with the number of users -- be utilized to handle some/all of the e-mail load? The desktops are "beefy" (plenty of RAM and diskspace, dual-core CPUs) and can handle each user's mailbox handily. They are also "always on". Can each user's e-mail...

Duplicate fields in Access Database
I have an Access database of all of my CD's that has all of the tracks. I want to have a query that will show which songs I have that are done by multiple artists. I can't use "Find duplicates" query since I might have the same song by the same artist on multiple CD's. What I want is to be able to have a query that gives me duplicate songs with different artists only. Make a total query like: SELECT songTitle, songArtistID, LAST(songCDTitle), LAST(songCDTrackNumber), 1< COUNT(*) AS isOnAnotherCDtooSameSongSameArtist FROM songs GROUP ...

CDaoRecordset, MS Access 2002 and VC++ 6.0
Has anyone successfully used CDaoRecordset in VC++ 6.0 to querry an Access 2003 database? When I used the ClassWizard to setup a CDaoRecordset class I get "Unrecognized database format". I have also tried some sample code from "Programming Visual C++" by D Kruglinski and when I ran the program the error was... "DAO error 3343, SOURCE = DAO.Workspace, DESCR = Unrecognized database format " I have the latest service pack for Visual C++, DAO and Jet 4.0. ...

Importing Into Access
Importing an Excel spreadsheet into Access generated an error message and a table labeled "tbl_SOIVI_2003$_ImportErrors: Table". The table lists the type conversion errors with the following descriptive data: Error - Type Conversion Failure Field - F57 Row - 8 My question is how do I find field F57, Row 8. There are only 52 fields in the Access table (columns in Excel). What location does the F57, 8 represent? Jon Rasmussen Jon R wrote: > Importing an Excel spreadsheet into Access generated an error message > and a table labeled "tbl_SOIVI_2003$_ImportErrors: Table&qu...

Outlook 2003 Migration from GW6.5
I've searched these groups and the internet without finding a solution that applies to my problem so I'm hoping maybe someone will have some ideas if I explain my specific dilemma. By way of background, our department recently migrated from Groupwise 6.5 to Outlook 2003. To prep each Windows XP workstation (which are the same model and were originally configured from the same ghost image), I logged in to our AD (with admin rights), uninstalled Groupwise from the Control Panel, ran a third party utility to clean Groupwise off of the machine more thoroughly and then uninstalled the Nov...

Outlook 2003 sending via wrong e-mail account
With this bug, if Outlook 2003 w/ SP-1 can't send the e-mail via the default account (or the one specified for the particular message) then it just moves on and attempts to send the e-mail via any other account in your list. If you only have one account then you will not see the bug. The problem with this is that the from address in the messages you send out will not contain the desired information. Also, if you want to send personal e-mails through one account and work e-mails through another they will get mixed up. I have done some research on this issue and there are old messag...

INVOICE edited by another user
Hi, I have an invoice that I cannot access because GP keeps returning a 'The invoice is being edited by another user' Obviously this is not correct since overnight we had all the GP users disconnect and we are still having the problem this morning. I wish it was a batch locked since I know where to go to get it unlocked, but it's simply just an invoice. I also looked at the temp db and the DEX_LOCK table to no avail Where can I find this invoice and unlock it? Thanks DJL, Try Looking at the SY00800 and SY00801. Delete it from there and you should be ok. These tables are in...

Junk mail option in outlook web access #2
Hi, I enable the junk mail option within option in outlook web access, but that does not seem to work. Junk mails still go into inbox (within outlook web accee) Is there anything setup that I still need to enable? Thanks, ...

error msg when trying to access another's folder
When I give secretaries access to their bosses Calendar & Contacts (using both the Delegate option & Permissions tab for the folder), they can't access the folder. When they click on it in Folder view, they get the message "Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened." Any fixes for this? ...

Can't Access Public Folders in Exchange 2003 OWA
Help on this, please. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 box and most everything is functioning nicely. There is just the one Exchange server on the network for about 350 users. The majority of these users are accessing mail via Exchange in Internet Explorer, and this has been so successful that we are considering forgoing any stand alone desktop mail clients. The one glitch in this is that the Public Folders feature is not available. Anyone, (including myself even when logged on to the Exchange server as Exchange Administrator), gets an 'error 404 page not found' w...

remove old entries: File-Open-Other user's folder
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to remove or edit the list that shows up under File -> Open? The list is of previously opened Other User's Folders, like calendars. Thanks in advance, Matt The answer to my question is at these links: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288570 http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm Matt "Matt" <matt@nospam.com> wrote in message news:epGxISMqFHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Can anyone tell me how to remove or edit the list that shows up under > File -> Open? The list is of previously opened Other...

Formating Report via SendObject - HTML Format Breaks into pieces
When using the Sendobject command with the following parameters I noticed that the reports gets broken in many HTML pieces. Is there a way to send the report to say a PDF file or other formats where I can see all the pages like a regular report should look. This is the command that's being used. Docmd.sendobject acsendreport, "pending report", acFormatHTML, myemail@aol.com, my2ndemail@yahoo.com,- , ,"pending reports","Pending Report Illustrator",False On Sep 6, 6:44 pm, "Jasmine" <lalexander...@verizon.net> wrote: > When using th...

Modified File By User
Hello Everyone, We are trying to figure out a way of checking who last modified an excel file for a specific cell. The file is about 5 months old with no recent modifications. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to check whom used this file last time it was opened? The file is on a network share with domain user access, unfortunately we did not have auditing setup. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Yorgy If you didn't have auditing on at the time, then nope, you won't know who did it. Yorgy wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > We are trying to figur...

Money 2004 and Multiple Users
I have created multiple XP accounts (one for me and my wife). I have created a directory on C: and put the money file(s) there and granted full permission on the dir and files. However, every time I try to access the money file through her account I get .... Money cannot locate <file>.mny or open it because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected ... I have granted Full Control to the Users group (as well as other combinations) and cannot get her access. Has anyone else used Money with more than one logon account?...

How do I access works word processor on xp disc
My system crashed soI re-installed my Office Professional 2003 from my disc, but my Works Word Processor did not re-install. How do I find and re-install this processor? Works is not on any Windows disk, its supplied seperately. "SusanA" <SusanA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86B4955C-50B6-4A2B-8D63-456BE3036792@microsoft.com... > My system crashed soI re-installed my Office Professional 2003 from my > disc, > but my Works Word Processor did not re-install. How do I find and > re-install > this processor? ...

Outlook Web Access User Name
Whenever I use Internet Explorer (under Win XP Pro) to remotely access my company email using Outlook Web Access (OWA), the "connect to" dialog box comes up with spots for User name and password. When I start typing in my user name, it tries to autofill using an invalid user name. Is there some way to delete this from the fill-in box permanently? I have tried all things, including a comprehensive delete of all internet explorer files, and all "locked" .dat files on boot up. Thanks very much! ...

Can't connect remotely after upgrading to Vista
I just installed CRM 3 Rollup2 on a new Vista laptop and I can't connect from outside the office using the Microsoft VPN client. I connect successfully over the VPN but it doesn't authenticate my User. I suspect this is a VPN/Vista connection issue and am wondering if anyone else has come across this and have a solution? Thank you Lloyd MSCRM v3.0 Update Rollup 2 most likely will not cause issue to your VPN setup, so far we have not cross across this one. Try to uninstall Microsoft CRM Outlook Client and see if VPN is back on, and then isolate the variable from there. Good ...

access a public function and enter the number in a macro
I have a public function called maxdays, with only the line maxdays=400 (or some number). I have several macros that call maxdays, and should use that number in subsequent calculations. They access and run the function OK, but they do not return the number and use it. Please tell me the code I should use in the macros to get that number. TIA -- Bill Roberts You could assign that function to a variable, like: my_variable =3D maxdays() then use the variable in your macro. Hope this helps. Pete On Aug 13, 11:29=A0pm, BillRobPV <BillRo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Using Access to open a file on PC at a scheduled time
I have an excel file that takes a while to load. I'd like to have a form open that has code top open this file at 7 AM. Task Scheduler for windows won't work. Anyone have a code they would suggest? i am trying to run a exe at 6am, the scheduler doesn't run....it does run if someone/myself is logged in to computer.....but i want to run it automatically in the morning by itself.... any hint or advise ? thanks "dbouton" wrote: > It requests a network password. When I enter it, it fails. I don't know. It > doesnt seem relevant though. > > "Kla...

Help!!! Outlook Web Access not accessable
10-05-04 I posted this last Friday, and only got one reply. I really need help with this, so I'm posting it again, figuring that a four day old posting isn't likely to get any more replys. I've reproduced the original posting and reply below, but basically the problem is that Outlook Web Access was working, and now it isn't. Also the person who set it up is no longer working with us. _______________________________________ 10-01-04 Outlook Web access was working on our server, but it no longer is. All the services that I know of that are required for OWA to work are runn...

Outlook web access is deleting my email
When I use my Outlook Web Access, as of the last 2 weeks when I close a message window, the message gets deleted. Gone. Not even in the deleted mail folder. Why is this happening and what do I do to stop it? are you sure it's deleted? The most common cause is a view that hides read messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ht...

PEWA
Microsoft has a application called PEWA (Password Expiry warning application) in exchange 2000 RK to send password expiry warning for non-windows & remote users of the domain. I do have few of our users who are working from home and they are not part of our domain. When I execute PEWA it runs for the entire domain and sends the warning to 100 users instead of sending for 5 of them. There is no parameter which I can think of controlling the PEWA to send it to 5 users only. Can some one help? ...

Unable to add mailbox, also existing users unable to connect
W2K Server SP4 all patches, Exchange 2003 SP1, just installed SP3 1. Existing users are unable to connect to their mailboxes. They receive a windows login with username and password 2. Unable to add new users to exchange. The attributes show in the user properties. Suggestions welcome On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:11:01 -0700, Trez <Trez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >W2K Server SP4 all patches, Exchange 2003 SP1, just installed SP3 > >1. Existing users are unable to connect to their mailboxes. They receive a >windows >login with username and password > >2...