Use of Paid Transaction Removal - Checks

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the reason a person would use the Paid
Transaction Removal Screen and select only checks and then a date.  When I
did this in a test environment, it removed all checks before that date.
Wouldn't it make more sense to provide a range, so as to not remove so many
checks going backwards?  Or am I using this tool wrong?  Also, what are the
ramifications of using this tool, account balancing wise?

Thanks
JOsh

Josh,

The Paid Transaction Removal process simply moves transactions from the OPEN
status and tables to HIST (Historical) status and tables.  Benefits: less
transactions in the open tables speeds up AR transactions like cash
receipts, voids, etc.  Negatives: once an AR transaction is in History,
there is no way to unapply it or void it.  (There is a tool to accomplish
this, but that's an additional purchase.)  Accounting-wise, there are
absolutely no ramifications to using this process.  The only thing you
should make sure of before running it is that you are keeping transaction
history for all AR transactions (which, IMHO, everyone should be).  And you
should not be limiting this to checks, you should be running this on all
transactions.  It's the cut off dates that are critical - that will depend
on the nature of your business and how often you have to
unapply/reapply/void/NSF......

Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Josh Kandiko" <JoshKandiko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone can tell me the reason a person would use the
> Paid
> Transaction Removal Screen and select only checks and then a date.  When I
> did this in a test environment, it removed all checks before that date.
> Wouldn't it make more sense to provide a range, so as to not remove so
> many
> checks going backwards?  Or am I using this tool wrong?  Also, what are
> the
> ramifications of using this tool, account balancing wise?
>
> Thanks
> JOsh

0
victoria (3340)

Why does MS Money sometimes completely ignore splitting a transaction up?
I've been a Microsoft Money user for many years, using many versions. The BIGGEST complaint I have with MS Money is that sometimes, for reasons which are completely inscrutable to me, it decides, all by itself, that when I want to use the Split Transaction function, it decides to change the "Transaction with Multiple Categories" on me. Every time when I am using that functionality, I want to enter in each item and have it subtract what I just entered into that dialog box from the total amount I entered, showing me what is left. When it works properly I'll see a &quo...

How to remove Connection Agreement in ADC
Can someone tell me how to remove a Connection Agreements in ADC? Thanks in advance Kenny Kim Click on the CA and click delete. This only works however on user and public folder CAs. If you are talking about removing the Config_CA then that is a whole different issue. To remove the Config_CA you need to uninstall the Exchange 5.5 server that it is connected to. If the server was'ripped' out through a manual removal of the server then you have some clean-up to attend to. Check out the Microsoft article 822450. It gives you the steps on how to remove the last Exchange 5.5 serv...

How do I put a blank value in a cell not using "" in a formula
Thanks in advance I have a row that that is sometimes blank or contains a number followed by a space and two letters eg. In cell A1 I have the value 456 CR In cell B1 I am using the formula =IF( ISBLANK(A1),0,(LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-3)*1)) to strip the space and two letters from the cell. I multiply (LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-3) by 1 to convert to a number from text. I am almost happy with the formula. I want the first part of the IF statement to evaluate to 0 if the field is blank but do not want to see the 0. If I use "" instead of 0 it is a text value again which causes nu...

Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere connection using TCP/IIP for direct
Exchange 2007 installed on the same AD server . Role in Exchange (Client, Mailbox, UM & Hub) . OWA is working fine. Mail flow is working fine. Outlook configured to connect using Outlook Anywhere , when I check the connection status in outlook Mail type is connecting using HTTPs & all directory type is connecting using TCP/IP Why? What is the fix Thanks Prem ...

Asking How to publish video using Microsoft Publisher
This is a three part question: 1. I have produced a video using Microsoft Movie Maker. I have put the hyperlink to the movie into my MS Publisher document. I can view the video through MS Publisher (using CTRL click) but the link doesn't work when I use Web page preview. Does the video need to be in a certain place i.e. in folder index files? 2. How should I publish the video to my own personal website? Should I upload it separately to the website? Where does it need to be located? In index files? 3. To activate the video do I need to change the HTML to invoke the Microsoft movie pl...

how ro remove boxes in spreadsheets
I want to know how to remove the bexes that are in the excel? I have a data and design and I need to removes extra boxes so it will have a professional look? and what is the name of this feature? If you mean the gridlines then Tools > Options > View > Uncheck gridlines -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "chusu" <chusubaxter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1190664064.577750.9990@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I want to know how to rem...

Please Help
Hi all, I have been given a task to find out information for a list of part numbers. The information can be found in another Excel table that I have, which is quite large (~25,000 rows). Since I'm working with a large number of part numbers, I'm trying to extract the information from the larger table so that I can use it to complete the new "smaller" table (~900 rows). I've tried to add the part numbers from the small table into the existing larger table, and then resort, however I'm running into problems. For some reason the part numbers are not sorting corre...

Discrepancy in storage used.
When I do a backup of my Ex Svr 5.5 Sp4 Server the log shows 9.5 MB used by the Directory and 10.6 Gig used by Information Store. I'm not on Enterprise version so I'm coming up on the 16 Gig limit. However, when I look in Ex Svr Admin I can't account for all that space being used. Adding up all the mailboxes shows 3.6 Gig in use and the Public Folders shows 3.9 Gig used. That's 7.5 Gig total. The actual files Priv shows 5.9 Gig and Pub shows 4.4 Gig. To me this looks like ate least 2 Gig somewhere that I can't account for. That space would sure give me some breathing...

help with credit card individual transactions
My goal: I want Money to automatically download my credit card transactions, and place them in predefinied categories, for better reporting. I add a credit card account (Citicard), and change it to Advanced Register. Money successfully downloads my account info, debt, and tells me: "Items to review (182)" But when I go into the account register, and have the View display "All transactions...", I see nothing! How can I review individual items? Why don't I see them? I've tried a repair on the database, as well as deleting and recreating the credit card accou...

Cannot download attachments using OWA
Exchange Server 2003 w/SP1 on Windows Server 2003 I have one user who is cannot save or view attachments via OWA. She experiences this problem using her Windows XP SP2 laptop at work or at home as well as on her machine at home. The attachment works fine when she opens the email via Outlook 2003. The error she gets when she tries to save the attachment is: "Internet Explorer cannot download Dept Reports.doc?attach=1 from mail.mydomain.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later....

Transaction History vs. Distribution History
Does anyone know what the difference is between Maintaining "Transaction" History vs. "Distribution" History? I'm setting up GP7.5 for the first time and ran into this as I went to do the setup for Item Class Setup. The help info seems to say they track the same info to me. Thanks for any light you can shed on this. Let's take Sales Trx as an example: Transaction history stores information such Customer id , ship to ...(Header info) Itemnumber, Qtty (Line info) Distributions stores the GL Distributions such as A/R Acct Debit Sales Credit and so on... HS ...

Why can't I print only one check at a time?
Have Money 2001 - I cannot print only one check at a time. Must batch them at least two at once. Can you help me fix this? many thanks Please give us a clue what prevents you from printing just one. If you only have one to print, Money doesn't offer to Print Checks? The FAQ: --- Q): I see checks to be printed. Money says there aren't any. What gives? A): Money keeps an internal counter of checks to be printed that can get out of synchronization with reality in the registers. Most people have resolved this by either the msmoney -s or salv.exe data file repair tools. There is an...

Using Publisher 2000 files in Word 2000
In very simple words please... How may I make mixed text and clipart files produced in Publisher 2000 be moved to Word 2000 and - remaining unchanged in appearance and editability - save as .doc files? Thank for any help and/or advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Simply, you cannot. Copy and paste via the clipboard is the only way and no layout format will be retained. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity pill@blueyonder.co.uk... > How may I make mixed text and clipart files pr...

how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture
how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture What version Publisher? In 2002-03, group all objects, right-click save as picture. In earlier versions copy and paste into a Paint program and save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mirella" <mirella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DD047F6-0DA2-498E-A1E6-2482442B9B27@microsoft.com... > how to use my calender created in publisher as desktop picture ...

spell checking in other languages
I'm using the Dutch version of Windows Live Mail (now the newest beta), and besides Dutch I often write messages in other languages like English, German and French. Why is it not possible to have messages in other languages checked like it is in Microsoft Office? Now I must change the standard language into English, German or French (and back to Dutch) each time. Any idea if this is going to be changed in a future version of WLM? Put the language bar on the Taskbar. You can use the same keyboard layout for all languages. Alt = F, Options, Mail, Spelling, check Check spelli...

Should I Upgrade from 2000 to 2004 so I can use Pocket Money?
I currently use MS Money 2000 standard with no problems. I also have an iPaq 1945 that I'd like to use Pocket Money with, but can't since I'm using 2000 on the desktop. I have a paid copy of 2004 standard (came with new PC). Is it worth upgrading (converting the .mny file, having my bank 'upgrade' my profile to use online banking, etc.) to 2004 just so I can use Pocket Money and sync with my iPaq, which has Windows Mobile 2003? Any opinions? Is Pocket Money + desktop Money worth the hassle? Or, is Quicken + Pocket Quicken a better combination? I'd really l...

Converting Graph data links to values using code
Excel 97 I create charts using a workbook with templates and change the reports using dynamic data ranges. One worksheet can hold several graphs. I then copy the charts to another workbook for distribution. I extinguish the data series links by manually converting them to values (select graph line, F2, F9, Enter) etc., graph by graph. A painstaking job at times. Can this be automated with code? TIA WSF Hi have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/chartvba.html#DelinkCht -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany WSF wrote: > Excel 97 > I create charts using a workbook w...

using Publisher, how do I bend text to fit inside a circle shape?
Using Publisher, how do I bend test to fit inside a circle shape? With WordArt. What version Publisher? I have a short tutorial for a circle shape here, scroll way down http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bruce" <bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E166C91C-79FD-467A-A128-6E71A4C431CC@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher, how do I bend test to fit inside a circle shape? ...

Can my yahoo account be the one used in Outlook?
Im having trouble login into Outlook can i use my yahoo account in outlook and if so how do i do that is it a paid yahoo account? You need to use pop3 access with yahoo and only paid accounts support it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exc...

Reconcile check numbers?
Hi all, Does Money 2004 look for duplicate check numbers by default? I have had several instances of printed checks being listed twice by accident. This occurs after I sloppily unmatch the downloaded items and then accept them. However, it would seem that there is an option to check for duplicates...I looked and could not find one??? TIA, Miki In microsoft.public.money, Michelle wrote: > >Does Money 2004 look for duplicate check numbers by default? I have had >several instances of printed checks being listed twice by accident. This >occurs after I sloppily unmatch the...

How to use AdvancedFilter wildcard to match end of string?
Using AdvancedFilter, I would like to match fields whose text values END with a specific character. For example, I'd like *o to match 'hippo', 'banjo', but NOT 'support'. Currently, when I apply the *o criterion, I get results that include all fields with an 'o' in any character position. Can someone please show me how to restrict the match to the end of the string only? One caveat: I imagine this may require use of a formula criterion, rather than the more simple form using column headings in the criteria range. But if it's possible to accomplish this...

Downloaded transactions balance not equal to registers transaction balance
Using MS Money 2003 and online services to download transactions from my credit card account. I just downloaded the latest transactions from my account today and though 1 particular transaction has posted to the online account, Money didn't download it and put it in the register for my credit card account. It DID, however, change the balance to reflect the correct amount under the "Downloaded" info section in the upper left of the credit card register screen. I have run salvage with no luck?! In microsoft.public.money, Bill Unger wrote: >Using MS Money 2003 and online s...

Use of wildcards in formulae
HI I need a little advice. I'm trying to say that if C6 starts with the letter 'C' , then put 'Yes' , if not put 'No' I'm using this formula : =IF(C6="C*","Yes","No") but it's not giving the correct responses. Can someone advise? Thanks Hi Colin Try this =IF(COUNTIF(C6,"C*")>0,"Yes","No") HTH John "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:tVEQEIAXJ2bLFwKd@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > HI > > I need a little advice. &g...

Does anybody use 64-bit Native-Compiler for VC++ on VS2008?
VS2008 configures only the 32-bit Native Compiler and 64-bit Cross- Compiler. The 64-bit Native-Compiler (x64 on x64) seems to be partially installed but the online docs only mention "use devenv commands to create a command-line environment to call 64-bit-hosted tools". But how? Is it worth to use 64-bit Native Compiler at all? Or just use 64-bit Cross-Compiler to get the same thing? ...

Use Formula in DGET criteria
Hi there, I'm getting an error with a DGET function. One of the criteria fields is a formula (an IF statement) which I assume is the problem. Is there any way round this i.e. being able to change the criteria based on the contents of another cell? Many thanks - David ...