Upgrade problems from 7.5 to 8

I have been attempting a test upgrade from 7.50g53 to 8.00g7; everything that
I try gives me errors on UPR70500, IV770500, and GL70500.  I can ignore the
error and the upgrade completes, but how important are the Report Options
tables?

Error Code: 0
Error: Other Error (135)
Error Explanation: The conversion process encountered an error and the
temporary table did not get removed
Additional Information:
Table (SLTST.dbo.G70500L) did not have the correct structure prior to the
conversion of this table.

Recommended Action: Remove the temporary table at the database level.

Any ideas?  Will the new Report Options tables be created in the correct
format?
The amount of data is minimal so losing it is no big deal.  I did try
clearing out all records from all three tables, but I got the same error.

-Ian-

The three files that are currently failing to upgrade all contain an account
number which gets must first be synchronized to the account framework that
has been created.

Please modify the Synchronize setting in your Dex.ini file so that its value
equals TRUE.
--
Brian Fitzgerald (MSFT)

"Ian S. Salisbury" wrote:

> I have been attempting a test upgrade from 7.50g53 to 8.00g7; everything that
> I try gives me errors on UPR70500, IV770500, and GL70500.  I can ignore the
> error and the upgrade completes, but how important are the Report Options
> tables?
>
> Error Code: 0
> Error: Other Error (135)
> Error Explanation: The conversion process encountered an error and the
> temporary table did not get removed
> Additional Information:
> Table (SLTST.dbo.G70500L) did not have the correct structure prior to the
> conversion of this table.
>
> Recommended Action: Remove the temporary table at the database level.
>
> Any ideas?  Will the new Report Options tables be created in the correct
> format?
> The amount of data is minimal so losing it is no big deal.  I did try
> clearing out all records from all three tables, but I got the same error.
>
> -Ian-

0
bfitzger (15)
8/30/2005 8:17:07 PM
I have already tried that, and I have tried deleting all records from the
three tables.  But I don't know if I tried deleting them before
synchronizing yet.
I'll try all of the above tonight.  Thank you for the response!
-Ian-

"Brian Fitzgerald [MSFT]" <bfitzger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The three files that are currently failing to upgrade all contain an
> account
> number which gets must first be synchronized to the account framework that
> has been created.
>
> Please modify the Synchronize setting in your Dex.ini file so that its
> value
> equals TRUE.
> --
> Brian Fitzgerald (MSFT)
> rights.
>

> "Ian S. Salisbury" wrote:
>
>> I have been attempting a test upgrade from 7.50g53 to 8.00g7; everything
>> that
>> I try gives me errors on UPR70500, IV770500, and GL70500.  I can ignore
>> the
>> error and the upgrade completes, but how important are the Report Options
>> tables?
>>
>> Error Code: 0
>> Error: Other Error (135)
>> Error Explanation: The conversion process encountered an error and the
>> temporary table did not get removed
>> Additional Information:
>> Table (SLTST.dbo.G70500L) did not have the correct structure prior to the
>> conversion of this table.
>>
>> Recommended Action: Remove the temporary table at the database level.
>>
>> Any ideas?  Will the new Report Options tables be created in the correct
>> format?
>> The amount of data is minimal so losing it is no big deal.  I did try
>> clearing out all records from all three tables, but I got the same error.
>>
>> -Ian-

0
isalisb (4)
8/30/2005 8:28:55 PM
Hi

Did you perform Checklinks for each company before upgrading to v8.00?

--
Regards

James[MVP]
Visit MBS Blog Central

http://mbscentral.blogs.com

"Ian S. Salisbury" <isalisb@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have already tried that, and I have tried deleting all records from the
>three tables.  But I don't know if I tried deleting them before
>synchronizing yet.
> I'll try all of the above tonight.  Thank you for the response!
> -Ian-
>
> "Brian Fitzgerald [MSFT]" <bfitzger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The three files that are currently failing to upgrade all contain an
>> account
>> number which gets must first be synchronized to the account framework
>> that
>> has been created.
>>
>> Please modify the Synchronize setting in your Dex.ini file so that its
>> value
>> equals TRUE.
>> --
>> Brian Fitzgerald (MSFT)
>> rights.
>>

>> "Ian S. Salisbury" wrote:
>>
>>> I have been attempting a test upgrade from 7.50g53 to 8.00g7; everything
>>> that
>>> I try gives me errors on UPR70500, IV770500, and GL70500.  I can ignore
>>> the
>>> error and the upgrade completes, but how important are the Report
>>> tables?
>>>
>>> Error Code: 0
>>> Error: Other Error (135)
>>> Error Explanation: The conversion process encountered an error and the
>>> temporary table did not get removed
>>> Additional Information:
>>> Table (SLTST.dbo.G70500L) did not have the correct structure prior to
>>> the
>>> conversion of this table.
>>>
>>> Recommended Action: Remove the temporary table at the database level.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?  Will the new Report Options tables be created in the correct
>>> format?
>>> The amount of data is minimal so losing it is no big deal.  I did try
>>> clearing out all records from all three tables, but I got the same
>>> error.
>>>
>>> -Ian-

I hadn't. but I just did and it didn't help.  I also tried installing the
service pack that brings it up to 7.50g66, synchronizing, performing the
special upgrade, and then trying to go to v8.
The only db that successfully upgrades is DYNAMICS.

Any other ideas?  The only thing left that I can think of, is clearing out
the troubled tables.  As I said, I have tried that once, but I'm not sure if
I synchronized before the upgrade, and I know I didn't perform checklinks
after clearing them out.

BTW, checklinks did find about a page of errors, and fixed them, but none
referenced the report options.

-Ian-

"James[MVP]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Did you perform Checklinks for each company before upgrading to v8.00?
>
> --
> Regards
>
> James[MVP]
> Visit MBS Blog Central
>
> http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>
> "Ian S. Salisbury" <isalisb@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have already tried that, and I have tried deleting all records from the
>>three tables.  But I don't know if I tried deleting them before
>>synchronizing yet.
>> I'll try all of the above tonight.  Thank you for the response!
>> -Ian-
>>
>> "Brian Fitzgerald [MSFT]" <bfitzger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:E3D32E4B-AC56-4D0E-A445-C88C66E1CB17@microsoft.com...
>>> The three files that are currently failing to upgrade all contain an
>>> account
>>> number which gets must first be synchronized to the account framework
>>> that
>>> has been created.
>>>
>>> Please modify the Synchronize setting in your Dex.ini file so that its
>>> value
>>> equals TRUE.
>>> --
>>> Brian Fitzgerald (MSFT)
>>> rights.

0
isalisb (4)
8/31/2005 5:58:41 PM
Still Stuck...
Restore 7.50g53 databases. OK
Clear out GL70500, IV70500, and UPR70500 from all companies. OK
Synchronize and connect with 7.50g66 client. OK
Perform Special upgrade on all companies. OK
Checklinks. OK
Synchronize and connect with 8.00g7 client. OK
Upgrade DYNAMICS db. OK
Upgrade company dbs. Fail

If I ignore the error and continue on with the upgrade, report options
cannot be saved:

A save operation on table 'GL_Options_ROPT' failed accessing SQL data.

I even tried rebuilding the "Report Option Names" from SQL Maintenance.
I tried rebuilding in 7x before the upgrade, and I tried rebuilding in 8x
after the upgrade.

I'm out of ideas, is there somewhere that I can look up the supposed
structure of the 8.x tables and build them from scratch?
-Ian-

>I hadn't. but I just did and it didn't help.  I also tried installing the
>service pack that brings it up to 7.50g66, synchronizing, performing the
>special upgrade, and then trying to go to v8.
> The only db that successfully upgrades is DYNAMICS.
>
> Any other ideas?  The only thing left that I can think of, is clearing out
> the troubled tables.  As I said, I have tried that once, but I'm not sure
> if I synchronized before the upgrade, and I know I didn't perform
> checklinks after clearing them out.
>
> BTW, checklinks did find about a page of errors, and fixed them, but none
> referenced the report options.
>
> -Ian-
>
> "James[MVP]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Did you perform Checklinks for each company before upgrading to v8.00?
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> James[MVP]
>> Visit MBS Blog Central
>>
>> http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>>
>> "Ian S. Salisbury" <isalisb@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have already tried that, and I have tried deleting all records from the
>>>three tables.  But I don't know if I tried deleting them before
>>>synchronizing yet.
>>> I'll try all of the above tonight.  Thank you for the response!
>>> -Ian-
>>>
>>> "Brian Fitzgerald [MSFT]" <bfitzger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:E3D32E4B-AC56-4D0E-A445-C88C66E1CB17@microsoft.com...

0
isalisb (4)
9/2/2005 6:26:22 PM
Well, I might have some success here.  I created a new company using the 8.x
client and noticed that GL70500 was missing:
 [Include_Voided_Trx] [tinyint] NOT NULL ,
So I added it to the table of a failed, ignored, upgrade and I was able to
save a report option.

So then I scripted the 8.x versions of GL70500, IV70500, UPR70500, dropped
the 7.x versions, ran the scripts, and then upgraded the database.  It
upgraded without errors!! :)

I don't really trust that though, with all of the dependencies and such, so
I'm going to identify the missing fields and just add those before the
upgrade.

-Ian-

> Still Stuck...
> Restore 7.50g53 databases. OK
> Clear out GL70500, IV70500, and UPR70500 from all companies. OK
> Synchronize and connect with 7.50g66 client. OK
> Perform Special upgrade on all companies. OK
> Checklinks. OK
> Synchronize and connect with 8.00g7 client. OK
> Upgrade DYNAMICS db. OK
> Upgrade company dbs. Fail
>
> If I ignore the error and continue on with the upgrade, report options
> cannot be saved:
>
> A save operation on table 'GL_Options_ROPT' failed accessing SQL data.
>
> I even tried rebuilding the "Report Option Names" from SQL Maintenance.
> I tried rebuilding in 7x before the upgrade, and I tried rebuilding in 8x
> after the upgrade.
>
> I'm out of ideas, is there somewhere that I can look up the supposed
> structure of the 8.x tables and build them from scratch?
> -Ian-
>

> "Ian S. Salisbury" <isalisb@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I hadn't. but I just did and it didn't help.  I also tried installing the
>>service pack that brings it up to 7.50g66, synchronizing, performing the
>>special upgrade, and then trying to go to v8.
>> The only db that successfully upgrades is DYNAMICS.
>>
>> Any other ideas?  The only thing left that I can think of, is clearing
>> out
>> the troubled tables.  As I said, I have tried that once, but I'm not sure
>> if I synchronized before the upgrade, and I know I didn't perform
>> checklinks after clearing them out.
>>
>> BTW, checklinks did find about a page of errors, and fixed them, but none
>> referenced the report options.
>>
>> -Ian-
>>
>> "James[MVP]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Did you perform Checklinks for each company before upgrading to v8.00?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> James[MVP]
>>> Visit MBS Blog Central
>>>
>>> http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>>>
>>> "Ian S. Salisbury" <isalisb@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message

0
isalisb (4)
9/2/2005 8:15:31 PM
Well, we're having the exact same problem... on the same tables, as well.
We were able to re-create the tables OK, but that way we lost all our report
options that we had set up.  Anybody got a way to retain those options?

Also, the REAL question is why is this happening?  We are about to go
through an upgrade for a client that has about 30 different companies... and
LOTS of report options...

> Well, I might have some success here.  I created a new company using the
8.x
> client and noticed that GL70500 was missing:
>  [Include_Voided_Trx] [tinyint] NOT NULL ,
> So I added it to the table of a failed, ignored, upgrade and I was able to
> save a report option.
>
> So then I scripted the 8.x versions of GL70500, IV70500, UPR70500, dropped
> the 7.x versions, ran the scripts, and then upgraded the database.  It
> upgraded without errors!! :)
>
> I don't really trust that though, with all of the dependencies and such,
so
> I'm going to identify the missing fields and just add those before the
> upgrade.
>
> -Ian-
>

> "Ian S. Salisbury" <isalisb@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Still Stuck...
> > Restore 7.50g53 databases. OK
> > Clear out GL70500, IV70500, and UPR70500 from all companies. OK
> > Synchronize and connect with 7.50g66 client. OK
> > Perform Special upgrade on all companies. OK
> > Checklinks. OK
> > Synchronize and connect with 8.00g7 client. OK
> > Upgrade DYNAMICS db. OK
> > Upgrade company dbs. Fail
> >
> > If I ignore the error and continue on with the upgrade, report options
> > cannot be saved:
> >
> > A save operation on table 'GL_Options_ROPT' failed accessing SQL data.
> >
> > I even tried rebuilding the "Report Option Names" from SQL Maintenance.
> > I tried rebuilding in 7x before the upgrade, and I tried rebuilding in
8x
> > after the upgrade.
> >
> > I'm out of ideas, is there somewhere that I can look up the supposed
> > structure of the 8.x tables and build them from scratch?
> > -Ian-
> >

> > "Ian S. Salisbury" <isalisb@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>I hadn't. but I just did and it didn't help.  I also tried installing
the
> >>service pack that brings it up to 7.50g66, synchronizing, performing the
> >>special upgrade, and then trying to go to v8.
> >> The only db that successfully upgrades is DYNAMICS.
> >>
> >> Any other ideas?  The only thing left that I can think of, is clearing
> >> out
> >> the troubled tables.  As I said, I have tried that once, but I'm not
sure
> >> if I synchronized before the upgrade, and I know I didn't perform
> >> checklinks after clearing them out.
> >>
> >> BTW, checklinks did find about a page of errors, and fixed them, but
none
> >> referenced the report options.
> >>
> >> -Ian-
> >>
> >> "James[MVP]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
reade123 (29)

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)