Upgrade companies not showing

Im installing a GP9 instance , I restoe my 7.5 Databses to this instance , I
then run gp9 Utilities.

This checks and tells me dynamics is ok, it then checks for companies but
doesnt find any of the companies I have restored to GP9?

Any ideas or help welcome
0
clemyp (10)

Have you restored all of the databases including hte DYNAMICS database?

Be sure to change the ownership of the databases to DYNSA after you have
restored them.

David

"clemyp" wrote:

> Im installing a GP9 instance , I restoe my 7.5 Databses to this instance , I
> then run gp9 Utilities.
>
> This checks and tells me dynamics is ok, it then checks for companies but
> doesnt find any of the companies I have restored to GP9?
>
> Any ideas or help welcome
The GP Utilities will only check for Company databases that are listed in
certain tables contained within DYNAMICS database.
If the database you have restored is not listed in these tables, it will not
attempt to check and subsequently update them.

select * from DU000020
select * from DB_Upgrade
select * from SY01500

------
Robert

"Dave Roberts" <DaveRoberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you restored all of the databases including hte DYNAMICS database?
>
> Be sure to change the ownership of the databases to DYNSA after you have
> restored them.
>
> David
>
> "clemyp" wrote:
>
>> Im installing a GP9 instance , I restoe my 7.5 Databses to this instance
>> , I
>> then run gp9 Utilities.
>>
>> This checks and tells me dynamics is ok, it then checks for companies but
>> doesnt find any of the companies I have restored to GP9?
>>
>> Any ideas or help welcome

0
Robert
3/29/2007 5:23:18 AM
Restoring a company database using MS-SQL only restores the MS-SQL tables and
entries in the MS-SQL Master tables.  It does not install entries in the
Dynamics database (a Great Plains structure) to tell any GP code (utilities,
etc) that the company exists.  Before restoring the company.  You would need
to create the company using Utilities.  Of course, this will create a V9
company.  You will need to edit the Updates table in Dynamics to set the
version of your restored company to V75 or whatever.  Then restore your V75
company and update it using utilities.

NOTE....restoring a 7.5 Dynamics DB on a V9.0 site where other companies
will remain at V9.0 will also create a pile of problems.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"clemyp" wrote:

> Im installing a GP9 instance , I restoe my 7.5 Databses to this instance , I
> then run gp9 Utilities.
>
> This checks and tells me dynamics is ok, it then checks for companies but
> doesnt find any of the companies I have restored to GP9?
>
> Any ideas or help welcome
0
info4071 (3005)

Show harvest report error when installing app on Terminal Server.
I have an application that I want to install on a terminal server to publish, but I am having difficulties. The scenario follows as below. The application is dependant on an Oracle install. What I am doing is installing the Oracle client first then I load the program. Then to print Crystal reports, I just map a network drive to the location where these premade Crystal reports reside. This works just fine and dandy on all my workstations. So, I tried to load this on a Citrix Server to publish this out, and all of the sudden when I go to run a report, I get an error that says ...

I'm a member of "employees" but don't show up in the GAL
I recently noticed that in my Exchange Server 2003 organization I am a member of the "Employees" mail-enabled Universal Security Group, but I am not showing up in that group in the GAL... I show up in other Distribution Groups & Security Groups & as a regular user in the GAL, but I'm missing emails sent to the "Employees" security group because I'm not showing up in the group in the GAL. Anyone know why this would happen?? I've run out of ideas. Thanks! Tas In news:1156776385.185209.210630@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, Tas <tasita@gmail.com>...

Copied tasks show as collapsed
I have two projects, one of which i copied some tasks from and copied into the other. Once i save the project and reopen it the copied tasks don't display and the id number shows a gap (60, 61, 62, 70, 71, 71). I have to collapse the entire project and then expand it to see the tasks. Any idea what would cause this behavior? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CA79B8.6C708FE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Jan, Welcome to this Microsoft Projec...

create progressive graph for slide show
Hello, I am fairly good at the basic in excel but I can't work out a quick way of doing this: I have a large table of data about 50 by 8000 and am using it to plot graphs. The problem is I want to create a slideshow to show at a seminar which will start off using just the first row of data and then progressively add more rows and display each line graph one at a time. I can't see any simpler way of doing this except to copy and paste each graph into PowerPoint on a time which would take for ever! Ideally I would like the scale to update automatically but that�s not too important. ...

Showing how much longer for a due date.
I am trying to figure out how to show how much longer someone will have to send a product back if they only have 30 days to return it. I would like the cell to count down from 30-1 and show colors at different stages. Is this possible or am I asking too much? Dear, You need to be more specific on this. Is there any date element associated with this or you are going to enter the date on which someone returns the product back on the scale of 1 to 30 days. Thanks -- Dilip Kumar Pandey MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.) dilipandey@yahoo.com dilipandey@gmail.com New Delhi, India "daddyr" ...

Problems upgrading from Money 2004 to Money 2006 Premium
On 7/28/2005 I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2006 Premium via special offer web download for a one-time fee of $67.95. The process removed my version of 2004. For some reason, I now show that I'm running the Microsoft Money Trial Version that will expire on 10/28/2005. What has happened and how can I fix it? I certainly don't want all my financial work to cease on 10/28 and I thought I was paying for the full version. Product Serial # is 76937-350-5031453-04498 which Support does not seem to recognize as a valid product ID to allow email tech support. Help!!!! Cal Lea...

Inbox shows unread messages but there are none in the directory
My Outlook (office 2003) Directory for the Inbox indicates three unread messages but when looking at the list of messages there are none that are unread and if I delete all the messages in the inbox there are still three indicated as unread. I have not active filters. Any idea what is going on or how to stop it? ...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

Booked resources in calendar not showing booked
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having issues with the calendar in Outlook/Office 2003 I will book a room as a resource and it is accepted. If I look back at = the resource it is not showing booked for that period time causing = double bookings. Anyone have any ideas? --=20 JONATHAN HESKETH ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-print...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

Pivot Tables show zero balance
Hi - I have a pivot table.... I want to show customers that have an outstanding balance. when i sort by month, i see everything, totals of who paid and who ha not. I want to sort to see only who is outstanding. How do I do this? CURRENT SETUP: Sort by page = date of invoice (by month) Rows = client name, then the tota -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add a Status column to your data source, and calculate the account status. For example, with customer names in column C and amounts in column H: =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$39,C2,$H$2:$H$39)>0,"Outstanding&...

upgrading from exchange 2000 to 2003
i was reading through the steps in the exchange deployment tool. step 3 says to remove the following components: instant messaging server, chat, keymanagement server, lotus cc: mail connector and ms mail connector. first of all, how would i even check to see if i have those installed? and secondly, where do i go to uninstall it? not in add/remove programs? thanks... "JA" <none@nospam.com> wrote: >i was reading through the steps in the exchange deployment tool. step >3 says to remove the following components: > >instant messaging server, chat, keymanagement ser...

OWA not showing all email?
hello everyone, i posted a while back (but i think it slid to back pages) asking a question about a user who has outlook 2003 in the office and hooks up via OWA at home. recently it's become clear that not all of her messages are showing in OWA, yet they all show up when she reconnects on the office LAN. any advice on that? we are running exchange server 2003. in that vein, we would like to set her up with outlook 2003 accessing the exchange server from out of the office but are not sure how to go about doing that ... any tips on where to get started with that would be great...

Office X Upgrade
I have Office X installed on PowerBook G4 17". Entrouge says it is=20 version 10.1.4 but the rest of modules Word, Excel & Powerpoint say=20 their version is SR1. =20 Powerpoint does not display PowerPoint 97 documents properly and=20 Entrouge acts very funny with Exchange 5.5. e.g. I dont see the=20 Exchange address Book, I dont see some of Inbox folders but see some=20 others, I can not get my hotmail account details, my out mails go=20 through the outbox on my computer and I can not move them to the=20 Exchange outbox and many more. The whole thing is gone mad, or may be its me ...

Is there document showing differences in Outlook CRM & Browser CRM
the ones i noted so far are: Mail merge menu - not available in browser CRM Knowledgebase table - not available in Outlook CRM Service calendar - not available in browser CRM Settings - not available in Outlook CRM Search folder - not available in browser CRM If its going to be anywhere it will be in the official training courses. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "stephen" <stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F11ED10C-5F8F-4259-A8DA-3EA929B95D97@microsoft.com... > the ones i not...

Item Transaction Entry
We currently have two companies and would like to know the best way to transfer inventory from one to the other. Currently we use Transactions-->Inventory-->Item Transaction and enter a (-) Qty to get the item out of Compay A, and do the same (+) Qty in Company B to get the item into the Inventory of Company B. We follow up with a report (using a batch name to mark these transactions) to do Intracompany transactions to match the totals. Without purchasing a 3rd party software to handle advanced intercompany transactions, what is the best practice at this point. Thanks Ric...

old rules showing up after clean install
My old rules are still showing up after i uninstall and reinsall office xp. There seems to be a problem with them and i just want to uninstall office and reinstall so that my computer thinks it has never had it before, in the hope i can fix whatever is wrong with my rules. Is there another step to perform after uninstalling to completely rid any "memory" of having it installed previously? Thanks. Cut Cut <ccutlip@nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote: > My old rules are still showing up after i uninstall and reinsall > office xp. There seems to be a problem with them and i just...

Access 2003 - Documenter
Odd Problem as arisen Access 2003 - Documenter was working, now for some reason it does not show any data when run, I've tried 3 different Access databases. Funny thing is, it WAS working last week. I've checked the options, and they are all set to bring out all data for the table or query that I chose to document. Is the Documenter gone for the weekend? LOL. -- Kindly, JH Hi JH, When you say "it does not show any data when run", are you indicating that it does not show any of your objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, etc.) when run, or are you saying tha...

OL2002 Not Showing Unread Mail
Using OL2002. In the shortcut bar, the shortcuts don't show the amount of unread mail in each particular folder. This is on my laptop. On my desktop, they show fine, so I'm assuming there's a setting on my laptop that is not set correctly? Thanks in advance. -- David Barr Yaffe, C.A.S. dave@filmsoundxyz.com (to reply remove xyz from email address) ...

Upgrading 2003 SBS to 2008R2 server Migrate?
I currently am running 2003SBS and want to migrate all users to a 2008R2 Enterprise server. I am running exchange. I read somewhere, these are built in tools? How would I migrate all AD users and exchange mailboxes to the server? I've used the swing method in the past from going to 2000 to 2003. Should I do the same or is there now built in tools making it easier? -- sentinelace Hello sentinelace, I suggest to use one of the SBS newsgroups/forums, there you will find the SBS experts: http://www.sbs2008.com/ Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting ...

Address doesn't show up in address link after importing
I imported a list of 10 contacts into CRM 4. All required information was imported and displayed correctly in the Details->information tab. However, the address information is not showing up in Details->address link. Am I missing some information during import process? Any recomendaion or assistance would be much appreciated. ...

Net Worth Over Time Report doesn't show bar chart
I just upgraded from Money 2000 to the Canadian version on Money 2006 Standard and the Net Worth Over Time Report doesn't work properly. It will only show as a report. Options to change to a bar chart are greyed out. The first half dozen times I tried the report it showed the months but there was no data on the report. After trying various combinations of Level of Detail and Display As it now shows the data in a report format. The Net Worth Over Time bar chart was about the only thing my wife ever looked at. If the bars kept getting higher towards the right all was good. If not, ...

Creating new company
I am trying to create a new company (I already have Fabricom installed). During the creation of the company - the Program crashes as "Create Company Information". I am running GP 10 on a standalone XP machine. I just need to create a couple more test companies, but it is becoming a challenge. The Fabricom works fine - but I would like a test company with a different set of data. "microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the the inconveneince" Thanks Hi NFP, Have you registered your installation of GP? Have installed ...

Upgrade from 12.0.0 to 12.1.0 not possible