Updating PO Line Qtys should not remove existing AA with 100% Assi

Assuming AA is setup and you have at least 1 Dimension linked to an Account,
and that Dimension has a Dimension Code attached.

1. Go into PO Entry
2. Enter a line item
3. Go into Purchasing Item Detail entry and make sure your Inventory Account
is an account linked to your AA Class and therefore Dimension.
4. Enter AA information against this account on the PO - using the default
of 100% Assignment.
5. Return back to the PO Entry window.
6. Change the Qty on the PO Line to be 1 greater (or less).  Press tab to
move off the field.

Actual Result:

The already assigned AA data for that line gets deleted and it then opens up
the window for you to re-enter.

Desired Result:

If using 100% assignment, then it should not delete the AA information
already assigned - it should prompt you and give you the choice of:

a) Retaining current Dim/Code assignment (but just update the amounts)
b) Delete all AA assignment for this line and then prompt to re-enter.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e5de1c43-bfeb-493e-8c21-6548e1d06e48&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
OLL (13)

X Axis needed for Line Chart #2
I have created two line images on a Line Chart using several data points. Now I would like to have an x axis that shows a marker for every 1/2 hour. Example: .5 1.0 1.5 2.0 2.5 3.0 and so on for up to 5.0 to represent hours. I created the data for these time points that coorespond to my data for line images but do not know how to show them in my x axis as markers. Any idea? My x axis shows nothing? Y axis is fine. I have data scale markers there. -- FL Does the chart know you have X data? Go to Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab. Is there anything in the ...

Office wont start after update!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Ok, so i installed office and had all the updates done..and when i click on word it opens, then i do the last update which was on april 14 i believe and after that it doesnt open. it keeps saying register online (that box where u can click "learn more" or "register online") i click finish it opens up the update screen, there are no more updates so i close that and word never opens nor does excel or anything else. whats the problem? installed office and it works fine, then i did one update and it works fine, but once...

Global Address List not updating #3
Hi, We have SBS 2003, and last week I added various Distribution Groups. I added them in the Active Directory and Users tool and they appear there and under Distribution Groups in the Server Managment. However in Outlook, non of these distribution groups appear in the Global Address List. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong or how to force the Global Address List to see the changes? Thanks! What clients are you using? Have you tried a rebuild in ESM? Nue "Lee" <noreply@infinityconcepts.net> wrote in message news:uOC0kHMXGHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi...

Public Folder Calendar Appointment Updates
We use MS-Exchange with Outlook in our organization. We have set up a group calendar using public folders in Exchange to track group appointments. We enter appointments into this group folder and then invite the applicable people to the appointment. When we update or delete an appointment, the public folder keeps the old appointment in the calendar. This makes it difficult to determine which appointments are correct. Does anybody know how to get the public folder to automatically accept the changes and only show the most up to date information? Thanks, ...

Are online updates available in M+ trial version?
I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? Thanks. LT In microsoft.public.money, news.east.cox.net wrote: >I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. >Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? It is not locked. If running Vista, be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as within the user's Documents folder. Check that the ...

Update values in close opportunity form
Hi, I want to update the values in the drop down of the close opportunity form. I want to add/remove the values in the status reason field Is there any way I can do this? Thanks Eddie Not using the default crm forms. You have to build a custom aspx page calling the webservice for this. The CRM SDK has some details on this look for the SetStatusRequest -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "eddieg@uniqueworld.net" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to update the values in the drop down of the close opportunity > form. I want to add/rem...

How do I make two lines in one cell?
since you cant hit enter to make 2 lines in one cell how do you do it? Press alt + enter together. It's easy when you know how! :-) Alan P. "kpeters" <kpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEFD0EB-26F1-4AAB-9D4F-86DF4E013B9F@microsoft.com... > since you cant hit enter to make 2 lines in one cell how do you do it? if you mean that you want to add more text into the cell, then increase the row height and "wrap the text" "kpeters" <kpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEFD0EB-26F1-4AAB-9D4F-86DF...

debugger shows wrong line number
I am experiencing a rather strange behavior -- when I step through my program, the debugger shows the debugging cursor at the wrong line. Also, when I set a breakpoint at any line, the debugger stops at a different line (sometimes the next line or the one after). Any idea why I might be seeing this problem. I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003 >I am experiencing a rather strange behavior -- when I step through my >program, the debugger shows the debugging cursor at the wrong line. > >Also, when I set a breakpoint at any line, the debugger stops at a different >line (someti...

How to remove rows for printing
I'm trying to put together a spreadsheet for ordering. There are approx 600 products and I would like to be able to only print the rows which have data entered in the Quantity column. Does anyone have any clues as to how I can do this? I appreciate any ideas! Cheers :confused: -- abdulie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ abdulie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501930 Have you tried the Auto Filter feature? Look in Data/AutoFi...

What does Rv: stand for in the subjetc line of an email??
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Rv: stands for in the subject line of an email??? Fw: forward Re: Return Rv: ??? Marc Re: in some other language? (possibly Spanish) RE and FW are the English versions, other tags used include accept, decline and similar full words but only used for meeting invitations. Any other short tags are Re or FW in different languages. You may also see codes added by email systems for tracking purposes - this would include ADV (advertising) or SPAM. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 f...

Chart, lines drop to zero when no data entered
Have several charts that get the data from a master data sheet which gets its data from several other sheets, thus a linked formula is involved. X axis is for Jan - Dec. I only thus far have data for Jan - May. The lines on the charts are fine for Jan - May, but since there is no data in June - Dec, the line drops to zero. It make the production chart look like the person suddenly stopped working. I realize I can erase the formulas but this is not acceptable in that several people, not excel proficient, will be updating their own charts and printing them. I want the line to sto...

List Price Update
We are rolling out a last-minute price increase before our trade fair. Would like to update all items of 2 clas IDs by 3.5% in an automated fashion. We do not have Integration Manager, and we coulnd't get it installed before the fair anyways. I can import the item code and list price into Excel and raise the prices, but how can I update the list price field in Dynamics GP? We're on GP 9.00.259. From what I can see SQL is the best bet... anyone know the process to do this? Sean, You are right about that! SQL is your best bet, and here is the query: update IV00105 set listprce ...

Automatic update of information in a spreadsheet
Hi, I am using Microsoft Excel 2000. I have just done a spreadsheet which contains information about patients. In one worksheet I have the raw data and then in others I have copied columns across and then used IF(AND) statements to abstract the information I need, e.g. to work out how many males there are in each of the hospitals. What I need to know is how do I set it up so that when a new entry is added to the raw data, i.e. another patient in a new row, it automatically updates the information in the other worksheets? What is happening at the moment is when I add another row the IF s...

Unable to to choose update stocks on line
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: >I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go >to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate >quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In any case, these are worth doing: In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then in Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepa...

Update Inventory Items
Hi, Appreciate any help. I am looking at importing new values into the following fields below using IM - GP Adapter (Inventory Item) but not sure if my source fiile is actually correct. I'm unsure if these are all the fields I shud have. My source file has the following fields. I am looking to update exiting item records in GP and update the last 5 fields. Is this possible in IM? I am able to update this manually in GP. Item Number Item Description Current Cost - Item Master List Price - Item Master Standard cost - Item Master Primary Vendor - Item Qty Site window...

update chart automatically
I need to know how to update a chart automatically so it wil incorporate new months data as it is entered into a log. I have a data log with a complete list of the required data in column and the dates listed for each. When a new month begins I would like to plot data for it automaticall in a pre existing bar graph as it is entered into the log. My goal is to make this a user friendly program so I don't have to b the only one to know how to use it. Another problem I have run into is my graphs use several series to sho the data, I would like each month to contain data from each se...

PO/ Serials
hi, how can we connect between purchaseorder/purchaseorderentery table with serial table, that i need a report shows a serialized item by POs or TRX. thaks Sad - I think you will have to either create a custom report yourself or use a SQL query to get your results. There is a table called purchaseorderentrydetail that tracks serial data - join purchaseorderentrydetail to purchaseorderentry on purchaseorderentrydetail.purchaseorderentryid = purchaseorderentry.id, join purchaseorderentry to purchaseorder on purchaseorderentry.purchaseorderid = purchaseorder.id; track PO number on purcha...

Attemps to send emails that don't exist
Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent emails. Is there a way to fix this? TIA, -Steve- Try File, Work Offline, Delete the "stuck" messages. "Steve Zimmelman" wrote: > Recently Outlook started trying to send 2 emails that don't exist. The > outbox is empty, but it continually attempts to send the non-existent > emails. > > Is there a way to fix this? > > TIA, > -Steve- > > > ...

Monitoring UPDATE
Hello, I'm suspecting that a user in the network is using management studio or other tool to login with his name behind the scenes and updating a certain table , how can I monitor that event ? to know user login/machine/time/statement used ? PS. I can't use Profiler , is SQL Server itself have a log for that purpose that I can see it ? Thank you Bassam Forgot to say we are using SQL Server 2005 Standard "Bassam" <egbas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ukbvh1eFLHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm suspecting th...

problem with updating calendar appointments
Hi, I have a problem where sometimes a user will update an appointment in their calendar and send an update to all attendees. The updated information is accepted and show in the attendees calendar but when the user later checks the their calendar that updated information is missing. Has anyone else had this problem? Everyone is running Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. The user also has 1 Delegate with editor access to their calendar and meeting requests/responses sent to both delegate and themselves. Kind Regards I have the same problem with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003...

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks ...

Exchaneg Resource going off-line
Hi, On one of my Exchaneg 2K clusters I am having a problem where the Exchange disk resource is failing for no apparent reason. Things are complicated as we are running Geocluster from NSI and I have logged a problem with them. In the meantime I am trying to checkm if there is an underlying Exchange config issue. The system is running EX2K Sp3 with the latest post sp3 roll up. Are there any other recommended EX patches I should have installed?, especially ones that would affect cluster operation. Regards, Gerry On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:40:50 +0100, "GJB" <GJB@lineondotn...

adding supplier to items in PO
When you manually add items to a PO and then select the supplier in the header the items should be added to the items that the supplier carries if they aren't already. This would save loads of time adding suppliers to items. Craig ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

_T macro across multiple lines!
Hi, We have the _T() macro which is supposed to be used for ansi/unicode compilations with string literals. But how do you use it with strings that span multiple lines? Ok: CString str = _T("a short string"); No ok: CString str = _T("A long string I might " "want to break up over a " "few lines"); Thanks "markww" <markww@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155693172.252663.158120@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > We have the _T() macro which is sup...

Removing the default root attributes when serializing
In an application I'm making I've got a config object which I would like to serialize to the XML format in a .config file which would then be loaded the next time the application starts up using Configuration class. I've got all the elements and attributes correctly named but the default namespaces that get added when an object is serialized are causing the program to crash when it loads the .config file. These are the attributes I mean - xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" I know there are easier ...