Updating Item Description - using eConnect

When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I haven't passed any
value to the ITEMDESC element of taSopLineIvcInsert node of SOP Transaction
Schema. And when I checked the SOP10200 table, I saw the item description
field is updated with the Short Description of the item.

Whereas, when an entry is made in GP directly, Item Description is stored.

Can any one please help me to store the item description instead of short
description?

Thanks in advance.

0
ACEShankar (98)

ACE_Shankar:

I tested this insert of an order against my 8.0.4.x build and I do indeed
get the ITEMDESC passed to the SOP10200 table and not the short description
like you are seeing.  I used a simple testing proc which I have included
below (again for 8.0.4.x and against the TWO database) so you might have to
edit the testing procedure if you do not have the TWO database set up.

When I pass the document below and DO NOT include the ITEMDESC element I am
getting Phone Cord - 12' White written to the ITEMDESC field in the SOP10200
table.  When I checked my item which is ACCS-CRD-12WH that is the Item
Description.  The Short Description is Cord and if you can get this testing
procedure to go through you will see Cord is NOT written to the table.

The only thing I can think of here is you have a pre or post procedure doing
something that is causing the Short Description to come in to the SOP10200 or
you are on an old version that had this issue, but I even tested back on
8.0.0.0 and I got the correct value.

Sorry I am not much help here, but perhaps by using my testing procedure
below you can better debug what is causing the issue because again in base
eConnect (I have no pre or post logic loaded) I get ITEMDESC from the IV00101
written to the SOP10200 when I do not pass anything to the taSOPLineIVCInsert
schema.

Here is my testing procedure - I simply ran it against the TWO Database in
query analyzer to test this issue - good luck:

set nocount on
declare @O_iErrorState int
declare @oErrString varchar(255)
select @O_iErrorState = 0
begin transaction
if (@O_iErrorState = 0)
begin
	exec taSopLineIvcInsert
		@I_vSOPTYPE = 2,
		@I_vSOPNUMBE = 'ORDST4001',
		@I_vCUSTNMBR = 'ALTONMAN0001',
		@I_vDOCDATE = '2007-03-03',
		@I_vLOCNCODE = 'WAREHOUSE',
		@I_vITEMNMBR = 'ACCS-CRD-12WH',
		@I_vUNITPRCE = 9.95,
		@I_vXTNDPRCE = 19.90,
		@I_vQUANTITY = 2,
		@I_vMRKDNAMT = 0,
		@I_vCOMMNTID = 'TEST',
		@I_vCOMMENT_1 = 'cmt1',
		@I_vCOMMENT_2 = 'cmt2',
		@I_vCOMMENT_3 = 'cmt3',
		@I_vCOMMENT_4 = 'cmt4',
		@I_vTAXAMNT = 0,
		@I_vQTYONHND = 0,
		@I_vQTYRTRND = 0,
		@I_vQTYINUSE = 0,
		@I_vQTYINSVC = 0,
		@I_vQTYDMGED = 0,
		@I_vNONINVEN = 0,
		@I_vLNITMSEQ = 0,
		@I_vDROPSHIP = 0,
		@I_vQTYTBAOR = 0,
		@I_vDOCID = 'STDORD',
		@I_vSALSTERR = 'TERRITORY 2',
		@I_vSLPRSNID = 'GREG E.',
		@oErrString = @oErrString output,
		@O_iErrorState = @O_iErrorState output
select 'taSopLineIvcInsert Return Code:  '+str(@O_iErrorState)+' Error Code
List:  ' +@oErrString
end
if (@O_iErrorState = 0)
begin
	exec taSopHdrIvcInsert
		@I_vSOPTYPE = 2,
		@I_vDOCID = 'STDORD',
		@I_vSOPNUMBE = 'ORDST4001',
		@I_vORIGNUMB = '0',
		@I_vORIGTYPE = 0,
		@I_vTAXSCHID = 'USASTCITY-6*',
		@I_vFRTSCHID = 'USASTCITY-6*',
		@I_vMSCSCHID = 'USASTCITY-6*',
		@I_vSHIPMTHD = 'UPS GROUND',
		@I_vTAXAMNT = 0,
		@I_vLOCNCODE = 'WAREHOUSE',
		@I_vDOCDATE = '2007-03-03',
		@I_vFREIGHT = 3.00,
		@I_vMISCAMNT = 2.00,
		@I_vTRDISAMT = 0,
		@I_vDISTKNAM = 0,
		@I_vMRKDNAMT = 0,
		@I_vCUSTNMBR = 'ALTONMAN0001',
		@I_vCUSTNAME = 'Alton Manufacturing',
		@I_vCSTPONBR = '4859',
		@I_vShipToName = 'SERVICE',
		@I_vADDRESS1 = 'P.O. Box 3333',
		@I_vCNTCPRSN = 'person1',
		@I_vFAXNUMBR = '55553200810000',
		@I_vCITY = 'Detroit',
		@I_vSTATE = 'MI',
		@I_vZIPCODE = '48233-3343',
		@I_vCOUNTRY = 'USA',
		@I_vPHNUMBR1 = '55553289890000',
		@I_vPHNUMBR3 = '55553200810000',
		@I_vSUBTOTAL = 19.90,
		@I_vDOCAMNT = 24.90,
		@I_vPYMTRCVD = 0,
		@I_vSALSTERR = 'TERRITORY 2',
		@I_vSLPRSNID = 'GREG E.',
		@I_vUSER2ENT = 'sa',
		@I_vBACHNUMB = 'TEST',
		@I_vPRBTADCD = 'PRIMARY',
		@I_vPRSTADCD = 'SERVICE',
		@I_vFRTTXAMT = 0,
		@I_vMSCTXAMT = 0,
		@I_vORDRDATE = '2007-03-03',
		@I_vMSTRNUMB = 0,
		@I_vNONINVEN = 0,
		@I_vPYMTRMID = '2% 10/Net 30',
		@I_vUSINGHEADERLEVELTAXES = 0,
		@I_vCREATECOMM = 0,
		@I_vCREATETAXES = 1,
		@I_vDEFTAXSCHDS = 0,
		@I_vFREIGTBLE = 1,
		@I_vMISCTBLE = 1,
		@oErrString = @oErrString output,
		@O_iErrorState = @O_iErrorState output
select 'taSopHdrIvcInsert Return Code:  '+str(@O_iErrorState)+' Error Code
List:  ' +@oErrString
end
if @O_iErrorState <> 0
begin
rollback transaction
end
else
begin
Commit transaction
end
select @O_iErrorState,@oErrString

Regards,

JG

PS...Lastly I looked at the procedure (after un-encrypting it) and here are
two sections of code that show GP is pulling ITEMDESC off the IV00101 and not
the
field ITMSHNAM - here is the code where they select ITEMDESC into a local -
there is more in here then you need but look for @ITEMDESC and you will see
it:

if (@I_vNONINVEN = 0)
begin
	select 	@STNDCOST = STNDCOST,
		@CURRCOST = CURRCOST,
		@PRCLEVEL = PRCLEVEL,
		@PRICMTHD = PRICMTHD,
		@I_vUOFM =
			case
				when @I_vUOFM = ''
				then SELNGUOM
				else @I_vUOFM
			end,
		@UOMSCHDL = UOMSCHDL,
		@ITMTSHID = ITMTSHID,
		@I_vIVITMTXB =
			case
				when @I_vIVITMTXB = 0
				then TAXOPTNS
				else @I_vIVITMTXB
			end,
		@ITEMDESC = ITEMDESC,
		@UNITCOST =
			case
				when (@ISIVREG = 0) and (@I_vUNITCOST is not null)
				then @I_vUNITCOST
				when VCTNMTHD in (4,5)
				then STNDCOST
				else CURRCOST
			end,
		@INVINDX =
			case
				when @I_vDROPSHIP = 0
				then IVIVINDX
				else DPSHPIDX
			end,
		@CSLSINDX = IVCOGSIX,
		@SLSINDX =
			case
				when @I_vSOPTYPE <> 4 and @I_vQUANTITY >= 0
				then IVSLSIDX
				else IVSLRNIX
			end,
		@MKDNINDX = IVSLDSIX,
		@RTNSINDX = IVRETIDX,
		@INUSINDX = IVINUSIX,
		@INSRINDX = IVINSVIX,
		@DMGDINDX = IVDMGIDX,
		@ITEMTYPE = ITEMTYPE,
		@DECPLQTY = DECPLQTY,
		@ITMTRKOP = ITMTRKOP,
		@ALWBKORD = ALWBKORD
		from IV00101 (nolock) where ITEMNMBR = @I_vITEMNMBR

Then in their insert into the SOP10200 they have the following case statement:

			case
				when @I_vITEMDESC <> ''
				then @I_vITEMDESC
				else @ITEMDESC
			end,

So it should be using the correct value - I checked the proc to see if they
stomped on that local @ITEMDESC value anywhere in between and I did not see
it.

"ACE_Shankar" wrote:

> When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I haven't passed any
> value to the ITEMDESC element of taSopLineIvcInsert node of SOP Transaction
> Schema. And when I checked the SOP10200 table, I saw the item description
> field is updated with the Short Description of the item.
>
> Whereas, when an entry is made in GP directly, Item Description is stored.
>
> Can any one please help me to store the item description instead of short
> description?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
jg (155)
6/1/2006 2:36:02 PM
JG,
How do you unencrypt the stored procedures for econnect?
"JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> select @STNDCOST = STNDCOST,
> @CURRCOST = CURRCOST,
> @PRCLEVEL = PRCLEVEL,
> @PRICMTHD = PRICMTHD,
> @I_vUOFM =
> case
> when @I_vUOFM = ''
> then SELNGUOM
> else @I_vUOFM
> end,
> @UOMSCHDL = UOMSCHDL,
> @ITMTSHID = ITMTSHID,
> @I_vIVITMTXB =
> case
> when @I_vIVITMTXB = 0
> then TAXOPTNS
> else @I_vIVITMTXB
> end,
> @ITEMDESC = ITEMDESC,
> @UNITCOST =
> case
> when (@ISIVREG = 0) and (@I_vUNITCOST is not null)
> then @I_vUNITCOST
> when VCTNMTHD in (4,5)
> then STNDCOST
> else CURRCOST
> end,
> @INVINDX =
> case
> when @I_vDROPSHIP = 0
> then IVIVINDX
> else DPSHPIDX
> end,
> @CSLSINDX = IVCOGSIX,
> @SLSINDX =
> case
> when @I_vSOPTYPE <> 4 and @I_vQUANTITY >= 0
> then IVSLSIDX
> else IVSLRNIX
> end,
> @MKDNINDX = IVSLDSIX,
> @RTNSINDX = IVRETIDX,
> @INUSINDX = IVINUSIX,
> @INSRINDX = IVINSVIX,
> @DMGDINDX = IVDMGIDX,
> @ITEMTYPE = ITEMTYPE,
> @DECPLQTY = DECPLQTY,
> @ITMTRKOP = ITMTRKOP,
> @ALWBKORD = ALWBKORD
> from IV00101 (nolock) where ITEMNMBR = @I_vITEMNMBR
>
> Then in their insert into the SOP10200 they have the following case
> statement:
>
> case
> when @I_vITEMDESC <> ''
> then @I_vITEMDESC
> else @ITEMDESC
> end,
>
> So it should be using the correct value - I checked the proc to see if
> they
> stomped on that local @ITEMDESC value anywhere in between and I did not
> see
> it.
>

> "ACE_Shankar" wrote:
>
>> When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I haven't passed any
>> value to the ITEMDESC element of taSopLineIvcInsert node of SOP
>> Transaction
>> Schema. And when I checked the SOP10200 table, I saw the item description
>> field is updated with the Short Description of the item.
>>
>> Whereas, when an entry is made in GP directly, Item Description is
>> stored.
>>
>> Can any one please help me to store the item description instead of short

0
jacktundra (359)
6/3/2006 12:39:06 AM
Jack:

You can grab a demo from here - but you'll probably want to spend the $60
and get the full version as it is pretty slick.

http://ussun.com/decryptor/

Hope that helps,

JG

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> [...]
> > else @ITEMDESC
> > end,
> >
> > So it should be using the correct value - I checked the proc to see if
> > they
> > stomped on that local @ITEMDESC value anywhere in between and I did not
> > see
> > it.
> >

> > "ACE_Shankar" wrote:
> >
> >> When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I haven't passed any
> >> value to the ITEMDESC element of taSopLineIvcInsert node of SOP
> >> Transaction
> >> Schema. And when I checked the SOP10200 table, I saw the item description
> >> field is updated with the Short Description of the item.
> >>
> >> Whereas, when an entry is made in GP directly, Item Description is
> >> stored.
> >>
> >> Can any one please help me to store the item description instead of short

0
jg (155)
6/5/2006 6:51:02 PM
thank you.
> [...]
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > JG
>> >
>> > PS...Lastly I looked at the procedure (after un-encrypting it) and here
>> > are
>> > two sections of code that show GP is pulling ITEMDESC off the IV00101
>> > and
>> > not
>> > the
>> > field ITMSHNAM - here is the code where they select ITEMDESC into a
>> > local -
>> > there is more in here then you need but look for @ITEMDESC and you will
>> > see
>> > it:
>> >
>> > if (@I_vNONINVEN = 0)
>> > begin
>> > select @STNDCOST = STNDCOST,
>> > @CURRCOST = CURRCOST,
>> > @PRCLEVEL = PRCLEVEL,
>> > @PRICMTHD = PRICMTHD,
>> > @I_vUOFM =
>> > case
>> > when @I_vUOFM = ''
>> > then SELNGUOM
>> > else @I_vUOFM
>> > end,
>> > @UOMSCHDL = UOMSCHDL,
>> > @ITMTSHID = ITMTSHID,
>> > @I_vIVITMTXB =
>> > case
>> > when @I_vIVITMTXB = 0
>> > then TAXOPTNS
>> > else @I_vIVITMTXB
>> > end,
>> > @ITEMDESC = ITEMDESC,
>> > @UNITCOST =
>> > case
>> > when (@ISIVREG = 0) and (@I_vUNITCOST is not null)
>> > then @I_vUNITCOST
>> > when VCTNMTHD in (4,5)
>> > then STNDCOST
>> > else CURRCOST
>> > end,
>> > @INVINDX =
>> > case
>> > when @I_vDROPSHIP = 0
>> > then IVIVINDX
>> > else DPSHPIDX
>> > end,
>> > @CSLSINDX = IVCOGSIX,
>> > @SLSINDX =
>> > case
>> > when @I_vSOPTYPE <> 4 and @I_vQUANTITY >= 0
>> > then IVSLSIDX
>> > else IVSLRNIX
>> > end,
>> > @MKDNINDX = IVSLDSIX,
>> > @RTNSINDX = IVRETIDX,
>> > @INUSINDX = IVINUSIX,
>> > @INSRINDX = IVINSVIX,
>> > @DMGDINDX = IVDMGIDX,
>> > @ITEMTYPE = ITEMTYPE,
>> > @DECPLQTY = DECPLQTY,
>> > @ITMTRKOP = ITMTRKOP,
>> > @ALWBKORD = ALWBKORD
>> > from IV00101 (nolock) where ITEMNMBR = @I_vITEMNMBR
>> >
>> > Then in their insert into the SOP10200 they have the following case
>> > statement:
>> >
>> > case
>> > when @I_vITEMDESC <> ''
>> > then @I_vITEMDESC
>> > else @ITEMDESC
>> > end,
>> >
>> > So it should be using the correct value - I checked the proc to see if

0
jacktundra (359)

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Updating a chart Automatically

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Items for review wont show up
I am using MS Money 2004 Small Business. My checking account balance is downloaded each day from my bank. For the last couple days, it continues to download transactions, and tells me that there are now 8 items to review, but when I open up the account, nothing is bold faced to review. On the pane to the left, it still lists 8 items to review. I even went to the bank website and downloaded in the most recent transactions, but this only made the list of items to review larger. I still can't accept any of them. I have tried a quick repair. I also tried restoring the back up, bu...

Can't create the item #2

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...

Money Updates #2

PO Return for uninvoiced item
We're trying to process a return against a PO line that was received in error. The receipt has not been matched to an invoice, and won't be since it was our mistake to receive it in the first place. There has been no further inventory or sales activity on the item since the PO receipt. When I try to enter a 'Return', the specific receipt transaction doesn't show. If I enter 'Return with Credit' then it does show. Since we won't be invoiced I'd rather not create a credit on the vendor account, but there doesn't appear to be an option at this poi...

UNABLE TO FWD ITEMS TO DELETED ITEMS
Can't delete an item from the inbox or anywhere else except the DELETED box. Receive the error: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook. Last date known that could successfully delete items 12/12/03. Don't know what happened at the time as I was called in after the event. Have restarted Outlook - no luck. Checked Knowledge base - recommended installing SP1. As it already exists on ws,won't let me overide existing SP1. Possible causes as per Knowledge base not the causes in this instance. Does anyone have any suggestion...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Updating a workbook from many workbooks.
I am using excel 2003. I have a report workbook that has 27 other workbooks that it gets information from. What is the easiest way to update the report workbook with out me singularily opening each of the 27 other work books. The are all under the same folder on the same drive. including the report workbook. Hi Outrigger You have not said what you want to do when all of the books are open. The following code opens all 27 workbooks for you. If you could post more information we might be able to get you a more specific result. Change the file path to suit. Take care Mar...

can a cell auto update?
Is it possible to have a cell update to the current date when ever you save a change to a file? =NOW( ) "B.B" <me@mail.com> wrote in message news:%Aw0h.201480$R63.89840@pd7urf1no... > Is it possible to have a cell update to the current date when ever you > save a change to a file? > Just to let everyone know, I think when the subject line of a post is changed, it can mess up the threading in newsgroup readers. I've seen what look like orphaned "Re:" posts as the top post here and there, and I think that's what causes it. -- Earl Ki...

Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon.
Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... How do I get it to save using commas only (,)? (I'm using semicolons for other delimitations and so can't just do a global replace.) Thanks so much for your help! Hi Excel uses your Windows regional settings for saving CSV files. Also ho should an importing program of this CSV file know whether it is the list separator or one of your other separators? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CCinItly wrote: > Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... > How do I get it ...