Update Unit Price in SOP10200 Remifications?

My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to
implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server).

We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the
detail record SOP10200 for an order.

What are the Ramifications of doing this.  Ideally I would like to know
what all else I need to update to do this.

Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can
check and acuratly price our orders...

Thanks,
Allen
0
atuggle (28)

Allen,
This is not a good idea.

The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance,
inventoy costing etc.
Have you looked at Omni Price and Extended Pricing from GP?
What are your needs?

HS

"Allen" <atuggle@pulaskifurniture.com> wrote in message
> My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to
> implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server).
>
> We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the
> detail record SOP10200 for an order.
>
> What are the Ramifications of doing this.  Ideally I would like to know
> what all else I need to update to do this.
>
> Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can
> check and acuratly price our orders...
>
> Thanks,
> Allen

0
HSalim (1270)
2/4/2005 2:46:31 PM
Allen, have you considered a VBA customization (or perhaps Dex
customization) that just keys in the Unit Price you desire.   By using the
the SOP UI, you can be sure that your distributions, taxes, comissions etc
will all be correct.

--
dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com

Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.
"HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> Allen,
> This is not a good idea.
>
> The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance,
> inventoy costing etc.
> Have you looked at Omni Price and Extended Pricing from GP?
> What are your needs?
>
> HS
>

> "Allen" <atuggle@pulaskifurniture.com> wrote in message
>> My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to
>> implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server).
>>
>> We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the
>> detail record SOP10200 for an order.
>>
>> What are the Ramifications of doing this.  Ideally I would like to know
>> what all else I need to update to do this.
>>
>> Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can
>> check and acuratly price our orders...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Allen

0
dlothspe (110)
2/4/2005 3:25:27 PM
We have previously implemented a VBA customization and it is very
cumbersome, Slow and error prone.  It was provided when we first
purchased GP and needs to be updated.  I have never heard of Omni Price
and Extended Pricing so I will check that out before I attempt something
myself.

What we currently have is.  A "Price" button on the Sales Transaction
Entry window.  And when something on the order has changed and the user
saves or the user clicks the "Price" button the VBA code attempts to
look up each item on the order in our lookup table for the price.
However the way this is done is the VBA code sends an arrow down to the
bottom of the list then sends and arrow up and on each record retrieves
the priceing.  This is very slow and occasionally hiccups and pricing is
wrong.  I would like to write a better customization or find a 3rd party
product.

Dan Lothspeich [MSFT] wrote:
> Allen, have you considered a VBA customization (or perhaps Dex
> customization) that just keys in the Unit Price you desire.   By using the
> the SOP UI, you can be sure that your distributions, taxes, comissions etc
> will all be correct.

0
atuggle (28)
2/4/2005 4:02:30 PM
Why not create a stored procedure to query the price table and call it from
the Price button?

> We have previously implemented a VBA customization and it is very
> cumbersome, Slow and error prone.  It was provided when we first purchased
> GP and needs to be updated.  I have never heard of Omni Price and Extended
> Pricing so I will check that out before I attempt something myself.
>

> What we currently have is.  A "Price" button on the Sales Transaction
> Entry window.  And when something on the order has changed and the user
> saves or the user clicks the "Price" button the VBA code attempts to look
> up each item on the order in our lookup table for the price. However the
> way this is done is the VBA code sends an arrow down to the bottom of the
> list then sends and arrow up and on each record retrieves the priceing.
> This is very slow and occasionally hiccups and pricing is wrong.  I would
> like to write a better customization or find a 3rd party product.
>

> Dan Lothspeich [MSFT] wrote:
>> Allen, have you considered a VBA customization (or perhaps Dex
>> customization) that just keys in the Unit Price you desire.   By using
>> the the SOP UI, you can be sure that your distributions, taxes,
>> comissions etc will all be correct.

0
callen1071 (408)
2/5/2005 6:10:36 AM
In short that is the solution we have now.  Our Vender wrote it for us
and it is not very reliable...  When you hit the price button you see
his code navigate through every detail item on the order.  So if I have
an order that has 30 items (common for me) and I hit the price button
first I see the item list start scrolling down.  Then when it hits the
bottom it increments back up the list this time pricing each item as it
goes.  He claims this is the only way he can programatically get a
handle on the rows in the detail list.  It is very slow (1 minute plus)
and if I switch applications (alt-tab) then it is very likely to not
finish or incorrectly price things...

I very interested in writing stored procedure and directly calling it
from the price button.  I have these question:

1). How can I get the newly added detail items on the order from with in
the DB If I have not saved yet?

Charles Allen wrote:
> Why not create a stored procedure to query the price table and call it from
> the Price button?
>

> "Allen" <atuggle@pulaskifurniture.com> wrote in message
>
>>We have previously implemented a VBA customization and it is very
>>cumbersome, Slow and error prone.  It was provided when we first purchased
>>GP and needs to be updated.  I have never heard of Omni Price and Extended
>>Pricing so I will check that out before I attempt something myself.
>>

>>What we currently have is.  A "Price" button on the Sales Transaction
>>Entry window.  And when something on the order has changed and the user
>>saves or the user clicks the "Price" button the VBA code attempts to look
>>up each item on the order in our lookup table for the price. However the
>>way this is done is the VBA code sends an arrow down to the bottom of the
>>list then sends and arrow up and on each record retrieves the priceing.
>>This is very slow and occasionally hiccups and pricing is wrong.  I would
>>like to write a better customization or find a 3rd party product.
>>

>>Dan Lothspeich [MSFT] wrote:
>>
>>>Allen, have you considered a VBA customization (or perhaps Dex
>>>customization) that just keys in the Unit Price you desire.   By using
>>>the the SOP UI, you can be sure that your distributions, taxes,
>>>comissions etc will all be correct.

0
atuggle (28)
2/7/2005 1:31:17 PM
Before going with a stored procedure, consider Omni Price/Extended Pricing
or a customization.
What is so different about your pricing structure? Where is VBA getting the
info?

> In short that is the solution we have now.  Our Vender wrote it for us and
> it is not very reliable...  When you hit the price button you see his code
> navigate through every detail item on the order.  So if I have an order
> that has 30 items (common for me) and I hit the price button first I see
> the item list start scrolling down.  Then when it hits the bottom it
> increments back up the list this time pricing each item as it goes.  He
> claims this is the only way he can programatically get a handle on the
> rows in the detail list.  It is very slow (1 minute plus) and if I switch
> applications (alt-tab) then it is very likely to not finish or incorrectly
> price things...
>
> I very interested in writing stored procedure and directly calling it from
> the price button.  I have these question:
>
> 1). How can I get the newly added detail items on the order from with in
> the DB If I have not saved yet?
>

> Charles Allen wrote:
>> Why not create a stored procedure to query the price table and call it
>> from the Price button?
>>

>> "Allen" <atuggle@pulaskifurniture.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>We have previously implemented a VBA customization and it is very
>>>cumbersome, Slow and error prone.  It was provided when we first
>>>purchased GP and needs to be updated.  I have never heard of Omni Price
>>>and Extended Pricing so I will check that out before I attempt something
>>>myself.
>>>

>>>What we currently have is.  A "Price" button on the Sales Transaction
>>>Entry window.  And when something on the order has changed and the user
>>>saves or the user clicks the "Price" button the VBA code attempts to look
>>>up each item on the order in our lookup table for the price. However the
>>>way this is done is the VBA code sends an arrow down to the bottom of the
>>>list then sends and arrow up and on each record retrieves the priceing.
>>>This is very slow and occasionally hiccups and pricing is wrong.  I would
>>>like to write a better customization or find a 3rd party product.

0
HSalim (1270)
2/7/2005 2:36:19 PM
Check with Azox.com
"Allen" <atuggle@pulaskifurniture.com> wrote in message
> In short that is the solution we have now.  Our Vender wrote it for us and
> it is not very reliable...  When you hit the price button you see his code
> navigate through every detail item on the order.  So if I have an order
> that has 30 items (common for me) and I hit the price button first I see
> the item list start scrolling down.  Then when it hits the bottom it
> increments back up the list this time pricing each item as it goes.  He
> claims this is the only way he can programatically get a handle on the
> rows in the detail list.  It is very slow (1 minute plus) and if I switch
> applications (alt-tab) then it is very likely to not finish or incorrectly
> price things...
>
> I very interested in writing stored procedure and directly calling it from
> the price button.  I have these question:
>
> 1). How can I get the newly added detail items on the order from with in
> the DB If I have not saved yet?
>

> Charles Allen wrote:
>> Why not create a stored procedure to query the price table and call it
>> from the Price button?
>>

>> "Allen" <atuggle@pulaskifurniture.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>We have previously implemented a VBA customization and it is very
>>>cumbersome, Slow and error prone.  It was provided when we first
>>>purchased GP and needs to be updated.  I have never heard of Omni Price
>>>and Extended Pricing so I will check that out before I attempt something
>>>myself.
>>>

>>>What we currently have is.  A "Price" button on the Sales Transaction
>>>Entry window.  And when something on the order has changed and the user
>>>saves or the user clicks the "Price" button the VBA code attempts to look
>>>up each item on the order in our lookup table for the price. However the
>>>way this is done is the VBA code sends an arrow down to the bottom of the
>>>list then sends and arrow up and on each record retrieves the priceing.
>>>This is very slow and occasionally hiccups and pricing is wrong.  I would
>>>like to write a better customization or find a 3rd party product.

0
glen8446 (6)

Linked Fields not Updating
I have a Macro attached to the start up of a FE Database. It runs a query that updates a table with one date- That date is linked to all the other tables in the DB. You can't fill out the forms unless that date is filled in. For some reason the tables won't pull in the date. The Macro and query ran. The date was correct in the date table, but blank on the other tables. I added it in by hand but am wonmdering how to fix this problem Thanks in advance I'm unclear what you mean by "that dates is linked to all the other tables in the db." How are you doing the linkin...

Investment Balance in Account List don't get updated in 2004
Hi, everyone, I have just upgraded to Money 04 from 03. Now investment account balances in Account List page just don't get updated, though they do get updated daily in Portfolio Section. Anyone has solution for this problem? Thanks Nick In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: > >I have just upgraded to Money 04 from 03. Now investment account balances >in Account List page just don't get updated, though they do get updated >daily in Portfolio Section. Anyone has solution for this problem? Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" w...

Error messages after updating
Error message (Danish): Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped functioning. Windows is looking for a solution on the problem. Error message (Danish): Microsoft Outlook has stopped functioning. An unknown problem has occurred. Windows closes the program and will com back if a solution is found. - Close program. After updating Vista Basic SP1, on March 5th. my Outlook 2003 is functioning fine, as always, send and receive mails as usually, but those Error messages do always show after I close the program. Uninstall of the updates and reinstall did not solve the problem. Of installation of O...

RECIPIENT POLICY NOT UPDATING
Hello. I've made a recipient policy that I want to apply to a specific OU. Here is the filter rule I am using: (&(ou>="")(name=ThisOU*)) This OU is embedded into another OU. I can't seem to get this to work. In addition, the default recipient policy applies to this OU, even though the priority on the other policy is higher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You cannot set the LDAP filter to query via OU. This is not a limitation of Exchange, but a limit of AD. What you can do is add the folks in that OU to a group and filter by the group membership. ...

Change Business Unit Names
Is there a way to change the Names of the CRM units? We have 4 major units, but they have all recently changed their names, but in CRM they are still indentified by the old names. Biggest problem with this is that the BU's have corresponding Org Units in AD. If you have a dev/test server you could try the following to see if it works: - Rename the BU in the BusinessUnitBase table - Rename the corresponding OU In Active Directory I don't know if the names need to be kept in sync since most of the ties are done through the SID's, but it helps for debuggin if they have the same ...

Insert, copy, update, delete records through VBA
Hi, I have an excel'07 database of employees where I have to add, update, delete records very often. Since it is not practical for me to open the excel file always, I wish to have a macro, which can help me to enter, update or delete records from an excel file and even generate report of employees based on the different criteria. It will be a great help if any one can help me with this. Regards, Raiju Update: Sub Macro1() Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\Path\file.xlsm" End Sub Add: Sub Macro1() Workbooks.Add End Sub "Raiju"...

Repeated Outlook CDO Update Prompts
Since installing the latest Office 2000 update as listed on the Office Update website on 1/16/06, we are getting repeatedly prompted to install the Outlook 2000 Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) update from the year 2000 on ALL our Windows 98 and ME machines. We have tried several times to (re)install the CDO update, and each time it says it installs successfully, yet it comes up again the next time we run Office Update. This appears to be a problem with the Office Update detection engine. As an addendum to this post, the update we installed on 1/16/06 (which ended up causing the CDO proble...

Money 2000. Update share prices for Swiss shares
Can Money 2000 get on-line share prices for shares traded on the Zurich stock market. I have the symbol (SYNN) but Money doesn't seem to be able to find the price. I'm currently updating the price manually. Is there any way to get Money to update the price on-line. Thanks Phil In microsoft.public.money, Phil wrote: >Can Money 2000 get on-line share prices for shares traded >on the Zurich stock market. I have the symbol (SYNN) but >Money doesn't seem to be able to find the price. > >I'm currently updating the price manually. Is there any >way to get M...

Where is the item lookup and price stored?
I am wondering where in the sql tables is the item lookup and price stored? It should all be on one table correct? Can anyone point me to where that would be? I am trying to generate a script based on that. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01DF_01C6EC6F.3C0D7E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jonathan, The Item table.contains the ILC and some pricing info. What price are you looking for? --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other typ...

Access 2007 closes without updating recordsource
Greetings: If I change the recordsource for a form using the query design grid in Access 2007, and then click on the top "X" to immediately attempt to close Access, a popup asks if I wish to save the changes to the recordset. If I select "Yes", the pop-up closes, and Access itself closes, but the changes in the recordsource are not saved. If I change the recordsoure, then close the query design window, clicking "Yes" to accept the changes to the recordsource, I return to the design view of the form. If I then click to immediately attempt to close Access, t...

Windows 2000 Updates Download
Hello Is it possible to download all the Updates (Critical, Security, Recomended) in one file and install them all in one while offline? (Something like the service packs) Thank you jff02 <jff02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to download all the Updates (Critical, Security, > Recomended) in one > file and install them all in one while offline? > (Something like the service packs) How is this an Outlook issue? The answer is "yes", but ask in a Windows newsgroup (or just look at the options on the WIndows update pages) for how. -- Brian Till...

Read Me file for Office 2004 11.2.6 Update
Anyone have a Read Me file for the 8/8/06 Office 2004 11.2.6 Update? On 8/9/06 12:07 PM, in article REMOVEarkay-809A30.14073209082006@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com, "aRKay" <REMOVEarkay@qsl.net> wrote: > Anyone have a Read Me file for the 8/8/06 Office 2004 11.2.6 Update? According to Nadyne, at http://blogs.msdn.com/nadyne/ , "It's a security update for some PowerPoint vulnerabilities." It updates the Microsoft Office shared library in the Office subfolder (and the Component Plugin which merely records the version number), that's all. (No need to a...

Excel 2002 chart does not update when worksheet data changes
I am using a large Excel 2002 workbook (circa 50k rows). When the worksheet data is changed, the associated chart fails to update with the new data. Instead, I have to manually make a change in the Source Data Range section of the chart (any change will seemingly do - e.g deleting a number and retyping it). This seems to re-establish the link with the worksheet data, and the chart then updates. However, if the worksheet data is subsequently changed again, the problem re-occurs. The Charts were created using the normal Chart Wizard by highlighting the relevant cell ranges. The ranges we...

Update Query not updating selected table
I have created an update query to update a master file. When I run the select query to view the records I need to update - I see the correct data. When I change query to update query and enter the table to update and run update query. The query is updating the source table (Change Form) instead of table indicated (AMT Per MAS) to update to....Strange.. I am using Access 2003 Below is the SQL. UPDATE [AMT Per MAS] INNER JOIN [Change Form] ON [AMT Per MAS].ID = [Change Form].ID SET [Change Form].[FROM AMT Assignment] = [AMT Per MAS]![FROM AMT], [Change Form 2].[TO AMT] = ...

how do I update links without being prompted in Excel?
When I open my work book a pop-up appears asking if I want to update links. I want this prompt to stop. This can be either manual or automatic but, it will always ask the question. You could remove the links... go to "Edit", then "Links". "katie.donovan" wrote: > When I open my work book a pop-up appears asking if I want to update links. I > want this prompt to stop. See also "Removing automatic link if the real answer is that you don't want the link. "JR" wrote: > This can be either manual or automatic but, it will always as...

HELP....PLEASE Update not complete
I have been using money essentials for a few years now with no problem. I get a pop up that it is time to renew. I d/l the new ? version of Essentials now I cant update any of my accounts. I tried to do what the support page says and stop the services to set them up again but after I do that it tries to go to any of my accounts and immediately pops up "update not complete" like it never even goes to any site. After three hours on the phone being bounced back and forth for three hours from digital river to Money tech they wanted to charge me forty dollars for support. When I to...

STILL not updating mutual fund prices
In spite of everyone's complaints the last few days, Microsoft Money is STILL not updating mutual fund prices. What gives? This is awful... Is there ANYTHING we can do to get them to fix the problem??? I too have send an E-mail. They seem not to care. -- zh "Chuck Leven" wrote: > In spite of everyone's complaints the last few days, Microsoft Money is > STILL not updating mutual fund prices. What gives? This is awful... Is > there ANYTHING we can do to get them to fix the problem??? > > > Chuck Leven wrote: > In spite of everyone&#...

Library doesn't update
I have Windows Media Player 12 and Windows 7. I use WMP to sync my Zen Microphoto mp3 player (it's so old the original software doesn't work and they're not releasing new software for it), but lately when I try to sync voice recordings, it can't find the new files, unless I delete something first. Only then does it update the library and find the new files. The mp3 player is not full, and I'm pretty sure the library's not corrupted, because then it wouldn't update at all. I'd just like to not have to delete something in order for the library to upd...

After Update event to populate second field
I am working on a database that has a main form and three subforms (all in tabs). In the 1st subform, I have a field that I would like to automatically duplicate in a field on the 2nd tab. I have tried to use the "After Update" event to get the job done, but I have not had any luck. This is my first database and I'm sure my coding is off. Can anyone help? -- JudyB You omitted to include your coding, Judy Evi "JudyB" <JudyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17DD0586-A682-4DE9-9CF7-FF4E278C5883@microsoft.com... > I am working on a data...

Office 2004 update failure
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have a Mac iBook G4 with a recently installed OS 10.5.2 (i.e., Leopard). During the last month or so, when I've been prompted to update my Microsoft Office 2004 by my OS, the update seems to download nicely, but when the installation process commences, I receive the following message: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this installer to determine if your software meets the requirements for this update." Assuming my system ...

Updating Series Data for chart based on variable.
I'm trying to have VBA change the ranges for a chart based on the last row in a set of data. The row number has been set to "i". I already have Dim i as long at the beginning of my macro My code looks like this: Sheet6.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate With ActiveChart .SeriesCollection(1).Value = Sheet1.Range("$CH$17:$CH$" & i) .SeriesCollection(1).XValues = Sheet1.Range("$I$17:$I$" & i) .SeriesCollection(2).Value = Sheet1.Range("$CG$17:$CG$" & i) .SeriesCollection(2).XValues...

Check for Update error
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I had to reinstall my original 2004 Office and I went through all the updates available in order (starting with 10.3.5, the first I could find) and ending with the current version 11.4.1. When I went to Help&gt;Check for Updates, I received this: An error occurred while trying to launch Microsoft Update. [PLACEHOLDER} I reinstalled to begin with because Powerpoint no longer launched, either from the desktop dock icon, the application folder or from double-clicking a Powerpoint file. Anyone seen this before? Thank y...

update list box selections into text box
Hi, I have a list box and a command button and a text box on a form. What I would like to do is when selections are done from the list box, the command button is used to update the selections into the text box. Is this possible to do - Thank you for your assistance. On Nov 7, 11:51 am, c8tz <ccho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a list box and a command button and a text box on a form. What > I would like to do is when selections are done from the list box, the > command button is used to update the selections into the text box. > > Is this possible to do ...

How to disable Internet Explorer updates?
Hi, Automatic updates suggest instealling: "Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP. on my freshly re-installed XP. However, the installation routine crashes with a blue screen during the IE8 wizard install so it will never install and I got round this by downloading firefox and setting this as the default web browser. Now, how can I remove this IE8 update from the updates list so that it stops prompting? There is no k-number shown so other posts I've found won't help. "ICTag" wrote: > Automatic updates suggest instealling: > "Internet...

Updation of text into HTML Page using VC++
The Text has to be updated from the edit contral created thru VC++ into the HTML page using the IHTMLDocument using the functions put_innerHTML and the get_innerHTML functions. When I retrieve the text that is entered into the edit control and try to update the retrieved text into the HTM page there I face a problem when the text entered into the control is too large. The Problem is the text Wrap in the HTML page is not proper as the HTML treats the text in the control as a single string and all the text updated into HTML is wrapped into the next Line. So how Can I format the text Properly whi...