Update path to Dynamics GP 10 ..

The documentation says we can move from ..
8.00g73 >> 10.0

Is this refering to the version of Dexterity or Great Plains.

We are on ..
Great Plains ..  8.00g34
Dexterity ..  8.00m076

Thx a bunch.
M.

0
Maria1 (236)

That refers to your GP version.  You need to download and apply a service
pack prior to upgrading to v10.

"Maria" wrote:

> The documentation says we can move from ..
> 8.00g73 >> 10.0
>
> Is this refering to the version of Dexterity or Great Plains.
>
> We are on ..
> Great Plains ..  8.00g34
> Dexterity ..  8.00m076
>
> Thx a bunch.
> M.

Maria,

It is referring to Great Plains.  8.00g73 is 8.0 SP 5.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The documentation says we can move from ..
> 8.00g73 >> 10.0
>
> Is this refering to the version of Dexterity or Great Plains.
>
> We are on ..
> Great Plains ..  8.00g34
> Dexterity ..  8.00m076
>
> Thx a bunch.
> M.

0
victoria (3340)
3/4/2008 11:01:44 PM
Thank you both for your replies.

Now - what if I am also moving to a new box/server.

I am being lazy here, and this is what I want to try ..

Old box: SQL 2000 + GP 8.00g34, as stated.

New box: straight to SQL 2005 + GP 10

Can I do this? So far, I restored the 2000 dbases (Dynamics + Company) to
SQL 2005 w/out any problem.

I'll be installing GP tomorrow .. wonder what will happen ..

Anyone want to guess? :)

Thx. M.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Maria,
>
> It is referring to Great Plains.  8.00g73 is 8.0 SP 5.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The documentation says we can move from ..
> > 8.00g73 >> 10.0
> >
> > Is this refering to the version of Dexterity or Great Plains.
> >
> > We are on ..
> > Great Plains ..  8.00g34
> > Dexterity ..  8.00m076
> >
> > Thx a bunch.
> > M.

0
Maria1 (236)
3/5/2008 12:29:00 AM
Maria,

You will have to upgrade the GP data, 8.0 data will not properly restore
into a 10.0 install.
SQL 2000 to 2005 is a completely different story.

There should be step by step instructions in the documentation for what you
want to do.

--

> Thank you both for your replies.
>
> Now - what if I am also moving to a new box/server.
>
> I am being lazy here, and this is what I want to try ..
>
> Old box: SQL 2000 + GP 8.00g34, as stated.
>
> New box: straight to SQL 2005 + GP 10
>
> Can I do this? So far, I restored the 2000 dbases (Dynamics + Company) to
> SQL 2005 w/out any problem.
>
> I'll be installing GP tomorrow .. wonder what will happen ..
>
> Anyone want to guess? :)
>
> Thx. M.
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Maria,
>>
>> It is referring to Great Plains.  8.00g73 is 8.0 SP 5.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The documentation says we can move from ..
>> > 8.00g73 >> 10.0
>> >
>> > Is this refering to the version of Dexterity or Great Plains.
>> >
>> > We are on ..
>> > Great Plains ..  8.00g34
>> > Dexterity ..  8.00m076
>> >
>> > Thx a bunch.
>> > M.

0
victoria (3340)
3/5/2008 1:10:10 PM
Maria:

Victoria is right in that you must upgrade the GP data to service pack 5
first on the old box.  You can then do a DB migration to SQL2005.  (You can
restore to SQL2005 using the detach/attach method or restore from file
method).

You would then install GP 10 on the new box and run GP Utilities and it will
find your Dynamics DB and company DB.

Dan

"Maria" wrote:

> Thank you both for your replies.
>
> Now - what if I am also moving to a new box/server.
>
> I am being lazy here, and this is what I want to try ..
>
> Old box: SQL 2000 + GP 8.00g34, as stated.
>
> New box: straight to SQL 2005 + GP 10
>
> Can I do this? So far, I restored the 2000 dbases (Dynamics + Company) to
> SQL 2005 w/out any problem.
>
> I'll be installing GP tomorrow .. wonder what will happen ..
>
> Anyone want to guess? :)
>
> Thx. M.
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Maria,
> >
> > It is referring to Great Plains.  8.00g73 is 8.0 SP 5.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >

> > "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The documentation says we can move from ..
> > > 8.00g73 >> 10.0
> > >
> > > Is this refering to the version of Dexterity or Great Plains.
> > >
> > > We are on ..
> > > Great Plains ..  8.00g34
> > > Dexterity ..  8.00m076
> > >
> > > Thx a bunch.
> > > M.

Error after updating contact form
Responsible for MSCRM tried to add a field to the contact form. Then we got error message and can't open the conact at all. Then the added field was removed, but there still error. Error message: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- Error: Invalid object name 'Contact'. Error Message: Invalid object name 'Contact'. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: a...

nag screen for updates continues to pop up
I have the "critical banking update" nag screen popping up everytime i start money. I followed all the steps and completed everything. the only thing that i don't have going on is the auto-signin with a passport. i don't care for this feature, as my bank charges me to use automatic updates. they do let me download my money file for free and that's what i do, then run it after it's downloaded. Is there a way to disable whatever it is that keeps this screen coming up? It's very irritating and has me considering other banking programs. Click on Dismiss in the ...

Updated KB: Cannot Print Photos to HP DeskJet Printers from Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292274 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Business Alerts #10
I'm getting the following message after i upgraded from 9.0 to 10.0 "The following error occurred in sql server: xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80040111" I looked in the master table for xp_sendmail under extended stored procedures and there was not one called xp_sendmail and added the correct role and permission. What i don't understand is what stored procedures calls that extended stored procedure You do not say whether you are using SQL Server 2000 or 2005. Regardless, the xp_sendmail system extended stored procedure should be present in the master database....

Tables not changing in GP
I have created a GP add-in. The latest version of this app uses 5 new tables, which are created by a process run at "Startup". The tables are created fine in SQL Server, along with the appropriate permissions. My problem is that the resources (Tools > Resources > Tables) for my product still show an old table (which has been renamed in the app) and does not show the new table. Both the changed table and the new one are in the same Table Group as the other tables and they are all in the same series (Purchasing). Before installing my nw chunk I have deleted the old dict...

Path and File
Help needed. I had developed a macro that was only used by myself, however this macro will now also be used by others. In the macro I was using the full file path, however this is now causing some problems. Is there anyway that I can change the macro to open the required files based on the following path: - c:\documents and settings\"username - logged on officer"\help.xls The files that need to be opened are automatically named when exported from the corporate database - the files will be named the same for each officer - the only difference is the username...

IMFv2 Microsoft Update caught in "needs update" loop after January 5, 2005 Update (Exchange 2003 SP2)
We applied Exchange 2003 SP2 last year without incident, and we enabled and configured IMFv2 to pull updates down from Microsoft Update with no problems. The December 15, 2005 IMF Update (6.5.7757.0) was identified and installed correctly last year. Last night as part of the regular monthly updates, a new update to IMF was identified, January 5, 2006 IMF Update (6.5.7765.0), we applied it along with the other Critical Updates and rebooted the server. When the server came back up shortly after, Automatic Updates identified the old December Update to IMF as needing to be installed even th...

Excel 2002: Updating links to other workbooks
I have a workbook with links to several other workbooks. When I open the workbook and click Update Links, I get a message box stating that not all links can be updated. When I check the links via Edit | Links, the display shows all the linked workbooks with status OK. Does anyone know why this happens and/or how to fix it? Thank you, CM. Deb Dalgleish site has a solution: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Look at other responses by searching on "dependent validation" "CM" wrote: > I have a workbook with links to several other workbooks. When I ope...

Sending Attachments #10
I am having problems ... when I send messages to other people using Outlook 2000, for some reason my attachments are not being received. If I use my ISP mail program the attachments are usually received. Help!! And thanks in advance. Magoo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having problems ... when I send messages to other > people using Outlook 2000, for some reason my attachments > are not being received. If I use my ISP mail program the > attachments are usually received. Help!! And thanks in > advance. In what format are you sending the me...

Money Plus Delux and RC3 update
Yes, I know it was on this forum but I am still as stuped as former polish prime minister. Money wants to update, I allow and it can not dowload. I did everythig to find a solution: 1. removed and installed Money several times, 2. turn off NOD32 and Defender, 3. Turn on DEP for essential programs and services Windows, 4. Turn on DEP for all programs exept: insights, Microsoft Money, Microsoft Money Background Banking, Microsoft Money Update Utility, mnyupdate!@#@.exe, Money Activation Utylity, msmoney.exe 5. SSL2 is enabled, TSL 1is disabled. NO RESULTS. My system is Vista Ultimate, 2GB R...

e-mail 03-25-10
I have a Dell desktop and a Toshiba wireless laptop both running Vista and when I check Windows Mail, the same message does not always appear on both computers. For instance, if I check the Toshiba, open an e-mail, that same e-mail will not show up on the Dell so I have to send it to myself, shut down the Toshiba and open it up on the Dell. Or if I reply to an e-mail on the Toshiba, it will not show up on the Dell under "Sent". ??? Sent messages will only show on the machine it was sent from. For incoming, I believe only one machine has "Leave a copy" checked...

CRM 10-09-03
sir, I would like to know more about MSCRM?? Basically how it is going to develop the management people Regards Rajesh For information on Microsoft CRM go to www.microsoft.com/crm "Rajesh" <Rajesh@tvisha.com> wrote in message news:0b9901c38e47$fd9e2d50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > sir, > > I would like to know more about MSCRM?? Basically how > it is going to develop the management people > > > > Regards > Rajesh ...

Workflow Question 11-10-05
I am create a workflow for new prospects. I need to add an additional Wait condition but, when I add the Wait condition (to check an activity) my Task isn't in the activity drop-down list. I am inserting the wait condition within an If..then..else statement. If I insert a Wait condition outside of the if..then..else statement then all of my tasks are listed. Here is what I have so far: WHEN OPPORTUNITY IS CREATED if opportunity.prioritycode = Prospect then Task: Schedule an Appointment Email to:[account];Subject:Introduction to PA If opportunity.currentbro...

GP 10 Web Service - CreateSalesOrder method
I am using the Dynamics GP 10 Web Service, CreateSalesOrder method to create a sales order from my Windows Forms application. I would like to display for the user the Sales Order number that is assigned (automatically) when the order is created. MSDN says the key.id is automatically populated in the SalesOrder class. This may be true, but if so the scope does not extend back to my call because SalesOrder.key.ID is null. The CreateSalesOrder method returns void, so the answer is not there either. I have a kluge answer in which I read the SOP10106 to get back the number of the order just cr...

Compatible Printers for GP 10
Is there a place where I can find the compatible laser printers for GP 10 that supports MICR printing. I am not able to find anything on the support site. Thanks Starting with GP 9, Microsoft will no longer issue a Printers' Compatibility List as in their own words, most printers are compatible. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "nfp" wrote: > Is there a place where I can find the compatible laser ...

How to import excel file into Microsoft GP!!
Hi, Can anyone provide me with some codes for importing excel sheets into GP database ? Regards Best advice is either: A: use integration manager to bring the excel data in (recommended) B: Use table import to bring in either a tab or comma delimeted file Best regards Mike <bikesh.vaidya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f8910863-60d3-4d1c-ba67-0fab84617052@v32g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone provide me with some codes for importing excel sheets into > GP database ? > > Regards MichaelG is right. Any other method starts to get hard. (mail merge m...

Updating a query criteria from a listbox
Hi, I've written a query that is dependent on a date selected from a listbox the result from the listbox is linked to the querie as follows: [forms]![Main Menu]![Date_Select] This works great when I clickthe button that loads the subform that uses the results from this querie... However when I select a different date in the listbox and click again the new date is not being passed down to the querie. I've tried everything I know and it just doesn't want to work... The listbox is linked to a table containing all the dates to be displayed - if that makes any difference. Any h...

Help Please
How can I update on an address list "Po address" name to read P.O. with out changing the rest of the address. I just want to change the "Po to read "P.O."? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. UPDATE YourTable SET Address = "P.O. " & MID([Address],4) WHERE Address Like "PO *" Assumption: Addresses to be changed all start with PO and a space If PO can be buried within the address (Route to PO Box 2132 Westchester) then it becomes a bit more complex UPDATE YourTable SET Address =TRIM( Replace(" " & [Address],&q...

Integration to update Customer Payment Terms?
All, This is the first time I've used Integration manager, and I've got a simple one with two columns, customer ID and payment terms ID. This is mapped to the appropriate customer fields in the Mapping section. However, when I run the integration, I get the following: Opening source query... Establishing source record count... Beginning integration... DOC 1 ERROR: Object '2HEGROUPLL' already exists -- cannot Insert. Integration Failed Integration Results 1 documents were read from the source query. 1 documents were attempted: 0 integrated without warnings. ...

SQL update for Payables manual payment distributions
Hi All Can someone please provide me with a SQL script to update the distributions of a payables manual payment. The correct check amount is already available for each transaction in the manual payments screen. I now want to use the same value (check amount) for each payment and update the related distribution line items. Thanks in advance, I'm being dense here, but I don't understand what you are trying to do. Do you have the manual payments already saved to a batch and you want to set the distribution accounts without having to open the window? If yes, the dis...

Updated KB: Error message when you print a publication that contains one or more text boxes with border art in Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];840343#appliesto -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Auto sort dat when updated
I am not a novice with Excell, however I have never written a macro. I have a worksheet that data can be updated on. That data transfers by formula to another worksheet. I want the second worksheet to auto sort when data is updated. I believe I need a macro to do this, but I don't know how to even start. You can sort the data using formulae. There are lots of examples in the archives if you do a Google search, but if you can't find anything that suits then you will need to provide more details of what data you have, how it is organised etc. Pete On Jan 13, 7:36=A0pm, bvander...

Great Plains 10.00 Blank Comment ID for Receivings Line Items
If the Comment ID field for POP Receipt table is for future release, Stepahnie of Odyssey Software suggested that the field be removed from the column list to avoid adding it and confuse the users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft....

Update Combo Box
I have a Combo Box on a form by the name of DNTReason. The Control Soucre for this CB is =DLookUp("[DNTReason]","[DNTReason]","[DNTReason.DNTReasonID] = " & [DNTReservations.DNTReason]) . This works as advertised returning the value (text data) from the [DNTREASON].[DNTREASON] "table.field". Now remember, this is a Combo Box. What I would like to do is use this Combo Box to change its value from what the DLookUp reported to some other value in the underlying table. Since DLookUp has already given me the value of the Combo Box, cl...

Taste this internet update from the Microsoft
--jowssxokvo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jukqxrdabzx"; type="multipart/alternative" --jukqxrdabzx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ygcghhjyswr" --ygcghhjyswr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulner...