Update Documentation First then deploy Payroll Tax Update!!

Could you please update your documentation before adding a payroll tax update
to the automatic update feature!?  Last night I check your update page and it
only showed the 2007 Round 5 payroll update so I ran the automatic update
process.  Well it seem that you decided to deploy the 2008 update without
telling anyone you were doing it.  So now I wait for support to get me a
script to fix "my mistake".  That is the last time I trust Microsoft GP!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0a3a96ca-9ba4-4e41-8dfe-a304f23f07b7&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
ChadA (17)

Timing of payroll year end tax update installation
I am trying ot find out if the 2007 year end tax update for GP v9 can be applied prior to running the final payroll for the year. If this is just a form update can it be done early to avoid so much stress at the end of the year? Has anyone tried this? (I do not mean the new tax table update for 2008) -- Diane Burbank Dynamics GP Consultant Yes, it can be applied at any time. However, it is not just a form update. It includes service pack 3. The installation will require all users be out of GP during the procedure. All workstations must be updated. Make backups of the databases and the...

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document returns error in CRM
Hi All, I need a little help here. I have an application which needs to be integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I have a page in which i have two frames. The frame on the LHS(MyFrame) of the screen contains my application page and the RHS is the CRM page. I have added a button in the CRM page onclick of which i call a function. In this function i try to access a resource in MyFrame. When i do an alert on window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'], it returns an object. But when i try window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document there is an error. How can i access an element in my applicat...

how do I read excel documents on microsoft works?
I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home edition I cannot create an association with any existing program that I am aware of. Anyone have any ideas? Try downloading the Excel viewer from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez Excel MVP "Sotonseagull" <Sotonseagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37CF0032-472A-43BB-806A-F8EB40AA231B@microsoft.com... > I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home editi...

Office update screwup
Word (Office OSX) has been getting buggy, so I went to MS site and downloaded the update. When I installed, it wants me to re-enter my CD key, which I have lost(along with the CD a couple of moves ago- the life of a student!) I never thought about this as I had a registered version and I thought it would just recognize that and just install the update. If I would have known, I could have jotted down the serial number before the upgrade. Is there some way I can access the serial number off my computer? (Is it still there?) I have lots of projects in the next little bit, and while I can ope...

Can't change Enterprise Configuration Recepient Update Service
Guys, I tried to change the Enterprise Configuration RUS from System Manager and I received an error 80004005 server not operational. I ve used ADSIEdit to check for the servername but the CN=SERVER object was not there.Is there anything I can do Our Exchange Enterprise Configuration Recepient Update Service is still pointing to old server, this is making the whole environment very unstable. Your help is most appreciated. Environment: Exchange Server 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 -- Buchi ...

Macro required to copy -past data to first empty row
Hi Expert, I am in need of such a macro or code by which I can copy & paste data from a particular row to first empty row of given row range. Kindly help. Regards, Vikky Hi Vikky See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Or if you want to find the row number of the last cell with data in a range see http://www.rondebruin.nl/last.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Vikky" <love.excel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174498666.568772.117750@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi Expert, > > I am in need of such a macro or code by ...

SendObject behavior different after today's Windows XP updates
A client who runs XP and has been using Access2003 successfully for several years installed 3 WIndows updates today and, afterwords, code I wrote which emails orders to a distributor stopped working. In fact, any use of SendObject seems to be broken. The particular thing that happens is that it says the MS Office 2003 license expired in 2006 and he needs to either enter a product key or pay to upgrade the product. We are both assuming it means ACCESS. If he then clicks cancel on the screen wanting him to upgrade , he gets the text of the email that access generates on his s...

Using Bound Form and controls to inquire and update with other requirements
Most of the stuff I have done in Access mainly dealt with unbound forms due to the fact that I have issues with how error checking is done. It's been a long while since I have worked with Access and now having to get back into it, but only this time with bound forms and controls. I am still needing to use my custom error checking code to get around the fact that without such code, when doing data validation on individual controls (when moving from one control to another) as opposed to doing data validation on the whole form (moving from one record to another record), data validati...

Time formulae
Hi I use these formulae to insert the date and time in separate cells on a worksheet : A14 =TODAY() B14 =NOW()-TODAY() They update automatically when I open the sheet. It would be better however if they didn't do this until I use the Refresh All function. Is it possible to stop these functions updating until I need them to do so? I know I can switch global options off in the Options section of the program , but I'm loathe to do this for the sake of this one sheet. Grateful for any advice. ...

Unlimited Tax-Free Funds Available For Any Purpose
Wanted to let you know of a program that helps people, you meet friends and find out the joy of giving. Unlimited Tax-Free Funds Available For Any Purpose Become debt-free. No loans, pay-back or credit checks. Tax-Free Funding is NOT a loan, Grant or Consolidation. Get out of Debt. No pay-back required. No credit checks. Not an Internet Program. No MLM or Pyramid strategy. Nothing to buy or sell. No investment required. Over 229,000 people already receiving Tax-Free Funding because of little known IRS statutes. Guaranteed acceptance for people 18 years and over. Open only to residents of U...

If Insert Fails, then Update
Hi Everyone, I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, I just want to update a few fields. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance for your kind consideration Pat. Pat Backowski wrote: >I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy >enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, >I just want to update a few fields. Sounds like a two step process. First, update the existing records: UPDATE tbl2 SET tbl2.fa = tbl1.fa ...

how can I allow others to post comments on a PDF document?
i sent out a publisher document in PDF and one of my collegues wanted to add some edits electronically (kind of like electronic post it notes) - but apparently I have to allow that first? How does this all work? You need Acrobat or some third party software that allows comments. Office's add-in doesn't do that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "pulseyouth" <pulseyouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F3ABA73-4B99-4BC4-A914-7732F3BB122D@microsoft.com... >i sent out a ...

Update one Worksheet from Another
Hi, I want to be able to update a worksheet by looking up data from another worksheet. in other words; If Servername in Worksheet A column A equals Servername in Worksheet B Column C then copy serial number from Worksheet B column D to Worksheet A column D. Thanks in advance for any help. OldDog Hi you can use the VLOOKUP function to achieve this. in Worksheet A column D type =VLOOKUP(A1,WorksheetB!$C$1:$D$1000,2,0) this will return the information from column D of Worksheet B where there is an exact match between the data in column A of the current sheet and column C of worksheet B....

Apply a Recipient Update Policy to mail enabled groups
Hi, I would like to use a RUP to change the mail address of certain mail enabled groups. So far I've been unsuccesful. Any hints or tips are welcome since information on this subject is hard to find. I'm using Exchange 2000. Thx! Check out http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/POP3SvcE2k3/1c031413-4110-4f76-8e3d-e1a42665d90d.mspx?mfr=true. This article relates to POP3 users, but it should point you in the right direction. Jeff Guillet, MCSE "workinghard@news.postalias" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to use a RUP to change the mai...

Update GAL exchange 5.5
HI How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack 4. Thanks Shaikh Not sure what you mean by update GAL? SusanV "Shaikh" <smahaboob@dishnet.com> wrote in message news:ebaAdEjuDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI > > How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack > 4. > > Thanks > Shaikh > > > I mean , i want to update my GAL so that old e-mail address which is deleated will remove form GAL. the reson is i am getting junk mails to old E-mail box's which r removed and system ...

Payroll Integration to Payables Duplicate Key on Voided Payroll Ch
Voiding Payroll checks is creating a duplicate key error on PM_Transaction_Work. Is the void creating the same key as the original transaction or is it somehow differentiated when going to PM? Is it possible that there is a setup issue somewhere? Thanks! NOLA, You can't have a duplicate check number OR transaction number. It doesn't matter what year it is from. Run the following queries against the CM20200 table: To find duplicate check numbers: SELECT * FROM CM20200 WHERE SRCDOCNUM ='XXXX' SRCDOCNUM is the check number used in payroll. For the check you...

How do I set up a line

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, miti...

Sending to Recipiants a Word Document not as attachment
When I send a Word Document that is not an attachment to some people in my address book, some of them cannot read the document and some can. Some say that a pop-up window tells them to download a chinese font or something like that. So they hit cancel. How can I send the word document (not as an attachment, but more like a web page) to a recipiant without them getting scrambled words, images, and fonts mixed up? All help is really appreciated. Robert in Orlando ...

Scroll window -update the buffer
Hi, I want to change the scroll window line items fields value which are not currently focused (selected line). Ex: If I enter the 5 in line3, the corresponding field in line 1 and 2 should be change to 5. Is it possible without re fill the window after update the table? Regards Jeganeedhi No. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jeganeedhi" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to change the scroll window line items fie...

Removing the first exchange 2003 server from the forest using asdi
I had two exchange 2003 servers that had been upgraded from 2000. The machines were weak so we bought two new machines. I transferred everything, and all was fine. Then I went to uninstall exhange on the old servers. It kept saying that their were mailboxes in use that I knew did not exist. I tried everything. It would not shut up. We ended up needing two servers for something else so I just formatted them and started again. Now I would like to tie up the lose ends in the directory. What do I need to delete? - Did you follow kba 307917? Rehomed public folders? No issues with OAB and...

Document alarms
Could someone tell me if this is possible? We need notification alarms for each document in a library to review 6 months after creation in case we are audited. Thank you. Create a workflow that will send an email 6 months after created date of the document. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. <jeffdo@comcast.net> wrote in message news:s520j5d224r5bs602p5b86dorn53pb4v62@4ax.com... > Could someone tell me if this is possible? We need notification alarms > for each document in a library to review 6 months after creation i...

After running a macro the first character, entered, is swallowed
Hello, after running of any macro sometimes the first character, entered, is swallowed in Word 2000 (on Windows XP SP3). Unfortunately I connot reproduce the exact circumstances for this strange behaviour - therefore the expression 'sometimes', but I can reproduce it on different computers. What may be the reason for this strange behaviour; how can this problem be resolved? Thomas Wiedmann We would have to see the code of the macro(s) to have any chance of helping you. It sounds like perhaps the document does not have the focus after the macro is run. -- ...

How to Update GP Client?
I have updated GP application on one client machine. If i want to update or incorporate new changes to each client machines then what should i do? Each of the client machines need to have the updated application installed. "Nupur" wrote: > I have updated GP application on one client machine. If i want to update or > incorporate new changes to each > client machines then what should i do? "Leslie Vail" wrote: > Each of the client machines need to have the updated application installed. > > "Nupur" wrote: > > > I have updated GP...