Unapplying a Check

Invoices were paid with a check. The invoices which were paid are not the
correct ones. The check is in history.

What Accounts want is to bring the paid invoices as well as the check into
an 'open' status.

Can the 'void historical transactions' do this? If not, how can it done?
0
RCR (233)

You are correct that Void Historical Transaction will move them back to open.
 However, did the Vendor already cash the Check?  Voiding a check will also
void it out of your Checkbook balance so it is best to void the check if you
still have it with you, otherwise you will have to make a manual payment or
something.  Unlike the receivables side where you can apply and unapply
payments all you want before you manually go in and move orders to history,
they payables side typically does it automatically and you can't just
"unapply" payments because you are writing checks for actual invoices.

"rcr" wrote:

> Invoices were paid with a check. The invoices which were paid are not the
> correct ones. The check is in history.
>
> What Accounts want is to bring the paid invoices as well as the check into
> an 'open' status.
>
> Can the 'void historical transactions' do this? If not, how can it done?
0
Kevin105 (377)
3/2/2009 4:31:03 PM
I will put the options to the accounts dept, it appears wrong invoices were
applied, this is on the AP side, and they will decide

"Kevin" wrote:

> You are correct that Void Historical Transaction will move them back to open.
>  However, did the Vendor already cash the Check?  Voiding a check will also
> void it out of your Checkbook balance so it is best to void the check if you
> still have it with you, otherwise you will have to make a manual payment or
> something.  Unlike the receivables side where you can apply and unapply
> payments all you want before you manually go in and move orders to history,
> they payables side typically does it automatically and you can't just
> "unapply" payments because you are writing checks for actual invoices.
>
> "rcr" wrote:
>
> > Invoices were paid with a check. The invoices which were paid are not the
> > correct ones. The check is in history.
> >
> > What Accounts want is to bring the paid invoices as well as the check into
> > an 'open' status.
> >
> > Can the 'void historical transactions' do this? If not, how can it done?
0
RCR (233)
3/2/2009 4:46:04 PM
just to confirm, this involves voiding the check?

"Kevin" wrote:

> You are correct that Void Historical Transaction will move them back to open.
>  However, did the Vendor already cash the Check?  Voiding a check will also
> void it out of your Checkbook balance so it is best to void the check if you
> still have it with you, otherwise you will have to make a manual payment or
> something.  Unlike the receivables side where you can apply and unapply
> payments all you want before you manually go in and move orders to history,
> they payables side typically does it automatically and you can't just
> "unapply" payments because you are writing checks for actual invoices.
>
> "rcr" wrote:
>
> > Invoices were paid with a check. The invoices which were paid are not the
> > correct ones. The check is in history.
> >
> > What Accounts want is to bring the paid invoices as well as the check into
> > an 'open' status.
> >
> > Can the 'void historical transactions' do this? If not, how can it done?
0
RCR (233)
3/2/2009 8:44:23 PM
If the check is already sent, so you can't "void" the physical check and you
aren't going to get it back from the vendor, what we do is to void the check.
Then make a manual payment using the same check number with an A at the end.
That way check reconciliation still works. We keep a listing of checks that
we have to do this on for audit purposes. We only have 1 or 2 a year, but
this makes everything work together.

"rcr" wrote:

> just to confirm, this involves voiding the check?
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
> > You are correct that Void Historical Transaction will move them back to open.
> >  However, did the Vendor already cash the Check?  Voiding a check will also
> > void it out of your Checkbook balance so it is best to void the check if you
> > still have it with you, otherwise you will have to make a manual payment or
> > something.  Unlike the receivables side where you can apply and unapply
> > payments all you want before you manually go in and move orders to history,
> > they payables side typically does it automatically and you can't just
> > "unapply" payments because you are writing checks for actual invoices.
> >
> > "rcr" wrote:
> >
> > > Invoices were paid with a check. The invoices which were paid are not the
> > > correct ones. The check is in history.
> > >
> > > What Accounts want is to bring the paid invoices as well as the check into
> > > an 'open' status.
> > >
> > > Can the 'void historical transactions' do this? If not, how can it done?
0
BobHarrison (192)

new email via TOOLS-"Check for new mail"
I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arrive every 20-30min automatically. Can I reset the time intervals that OUTLOOK checks for new mail? The only way I can receive emails which have just been sent is by going into TOOLS then clicking on "Check for new mail". The setting should be in Tools | Options, on the Mail Delivery tab. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:b9d901c3ec5a$3d0315d0$a601280a@phx.gbl, Sigi wrote: > I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arri...

Duplicate checks in PM
We had duplicate checks print in the last check batch for the same vendor & amount. The first check had the correct invoice number, but the second listed the invoice number as "prepayment" Does anyone know what could have caused this, or how to prevent it? I'm "assuming" I can void the incorrect check. Thanks, dh -- Finance Manager, *Amb. Surg. Ctr. Someone may have accidentally created the prepayments when Editing Checks--see the following from GP's Help on the subject of creating Prepayments. Entering computer check prepayments Use the Edit Paya...

This looks crazy, but check it out!
Follow the directions below and in two weeks you'll have up to $20000.00 in your PayPal account. There is a very high rate of participation in the program because of its low investment and high rate of return. Just $5.00 to one person! THAT'S ALL !!! If you are a skeptic and don't think the program will work, I urge you to give it a try anyway! It REALLY WORKS! Why do you think so many people are promoting it ? LOOK AT IT THIS WAY: If the Program is a total failure for you and you never get even $1.00 in return, your total loss will be the $5.00! If you are not yet a paypal...

How to setup check printing?
Hello Microsoft users. Does anyone know how and if it is possible to set up my microsoft money 2000 to print my checks, which would include my checking account and routing number and all the good stuff that goes underneath the check. Thank You I would appreciate any comments and suggestions. Gilman In microsoft.public.money, gilman wrote: >Hello Microsoft users. Does anyone know how and if it is >possible to set up my microsoft money 2000 to print my >checks, which would include my checking account and >routing number and all the good stuff that goes underneath >the c...

Great Plains not aligning with check printing
I am looking to purchase a printer, but there is an issue with Great Plains not aligning correctly with what is already pre-printer on the check. Is there a setting that I can change on the software itself? Hello, If you're using a report marked as "pre-printed form" in Great Plains, you should have a printer dialogue box that opens up that will allow horizontal and vertical alignements. If the problem is that the fields can't line up correctly using the dialogue boxes, then it will be a Report Writer issue. Horizontal alignments and field sizing are generally not ...

Check numbers
When I download transactions from my bank to money 2005 the check numbers do not come up in the number column..Only a strange bank code?? Even if I already manualy entered them in my register It changes the check number to the bank code. In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >When I download transactions from my bank to money 2005 the check numbers do >not come up in the number column..Only a strange bank code?? >Even if I already manualy entered them in my register It changes the check >number to the bank code. What bank is that? Were you interested in changing banks? ...

how can i check for a valid path or filename?
is there a way to check if a chracter is valid to be a path or filename? i want to make it so that if user enters an invalid character it just ignores that character. so i probably will put that portion of the code inside of the function PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg).....but don't know how i can check whether the character entered is valid or not.... would it be easier to wait until the user clicks OK button and check whether the string is a valid path or filename? thanks I would check it when they commit (OnOK) or when the control changes focus (WM_KILLFOCUS). Letters A through...

How can I put a tick/check mark in an Excel spreadsheet?
I would like to put a tick symbol in a column in an Excel spreadsheet but cannot find a way to do this. Does any one have any advice? Thanks one way is start accessories system tools character map in characte map change the font to <symbol> and the tick mark is in the sixthrow. you can select and copy to the excel cell. Amanda <Amanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7442FAC6-DDD6-4B7C-8CFC-CE1FF0D7462A@microsoft.com... > I would like to put a tick symbol in a column in an Excel spreadsheet but > cannot find a way to do this. Does any one have any a...

Locking Check Boxes
I have a form where i want to select one option or the other, so a user will have a laptop OR a desktop. i want to be able to only select one of the check boxes and also lock the check box after the new record has been updated. any help on this would be great... hi Mel, On 27.04.2010 13:19, Mel wrote: > I have a form where i want to select one option or the other, so a user will > have a laptop OR a desktop. i want to be able to only select one of the check > boxes and also lock the check box after the new record has been updated. Use an Option Group and add two new ...

check null on "Continuous Forms", change backcolour
I have a form using a query that displays the count of the different types of data inputted that month (so the form would normally look like this:) type1 36 type2 23 type4 89 or type1 78 type2 54 type3 23 type4 40 if there has been no work done for that type that month, the type will not show (as it is a null value) is there a way of checking for that null? I want to make the form a different colour if there hasn't been any work done in that area. Since there are no records that appear, is there a property for that (ie: row count?) -- Message posted via AccessMonster....

check occurrence of items in a range
Hi all, More than 24 hours ago I posted a question in the thread Text formula, but it seems not to arrive. Therefore I repeat my question here: R, Thank you very much, it indeed works for D5:D16 , also for D5:E16 (what I was looking for, more that one dimension). What also works to check if "apple", "pear", "cherry"; "coconut" and "apricot" each occur at least once in a given range is =COUNT(MATCH({"apple", "pear", "cherry"; "coconut","apricot"},D5:D16,0))=5 but =COUNT(MATCH({"apple&...

EFT vendors should not be pulled into regular check batches.
An EFT vendor payment batch has to be created prior to creating a regular check batch (each time). Check batches should never pull in any EFT vendors for payments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

Checking Balance and Online Update
I'm trying to understand what went wrong with my checking balance and online updates. I manually put a bill in the register that I wrote a check for. I used the online update to sync my balance several times, and when the check finally cleared, my balance ended up off (positive) by the amount of the check. Money correctly identified it as the same trasaction. I could tell that this transaction is the issue, as it was a unique amount, and the balance is now off by exactly that amount. My question is twofold: first, what did I do wrong? Second, what is the proper way to correct this....

Show Payment Check Number on Statements?
I've been asked to modify the standard statement report to include a check number for payment transactions that were processed during the reported period. The Statement report currently uses a Description Field thats empty for PMT records. It looks like the detail lines are from a temporary table named RM_Statements_TRX_TEMP and none of the fields in that table appear to posses the check number. Is there an easy way to accomplish this or am I going to have to modify the report (add tables, conditional field for description, etc.) to display those pesky check numbers. VinceV ...

Check Email While Logged Off
I use Outlook 2000 on a W2K Pro machine with a broadband interne connection. I would like to still receive emails when I am logged of the machine. Otherwise they sit on the mailserver and when my emai fills up they get kicked back. Does anyone know how to make windows d that? I have used third party software that would run as a service an forward mail received to an exchange box. In this case I am no running exchange, just Outlook. I can't find anything on the net abou this. Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~Vie...

Check Box Error
I have an Access form for entering a new order. There are 4 options for the turnaround of the order. This is a form we have been using for at least 4 years without problems. The user selects one of the turnaround options using the check box options. Yesterday, mysteriously, when the user opens the form, ALL 4 check boxes are checked and the user cannot uncheck the box. We have 10 users of this Access application but only 2 users are experiencing this problem. We tried to load new versions of the applications for the 2 users, loading older versions of the application for the 2 users - bu...

Portfolio Server
I am an admin on the entire account and it will not allow me to do so. ...

Look at field, check to see if that value exists in another table and act accordingly.
Hello ms.pub.access, I've been assigned to generate a DB to help analyze certain capability deficiencies within the US Army. I'm at a real show stopper based on my current knowledge level. I'm in need of some kind of routine that will check the value of the 'Tier3' field against a list of high priority tier3 values located in a separate table called 'mpmi'. If a high priority tier3 value is found within my table 'analyze' from field 'tier3' then I need the routine to generate a score of 1 and place it into the field called 'score'. If it...

Import Computer Checks?
We have a separate system that tracks each vendor's work and ultimately records an invoice when that work is complete. The invoice is then imported to GP. A number of the vendors require prepayments. Currently we enter those manually in GP (based on a form) and include info from the tracking system so that the check can hopefully be applied to the correct invoice whenever it comes over to GP. The tracking system can create a file for needed prepayments, but I don't see a way to bring that info into GP so that checks can be cut. If we could import the check info it ...

Spell check #12
Since installing xp home edition, spell check does not work on outlook express - tells me another program is using the spell check, althouh no outher programs are open - How Do I fix? Also outlook will not send photo's, tells me I have timed out although I have not ticked this box. I also close the virus protect program before trying to send pics. Help respectfully requited ...

linking check boxes
I work for an insurance agency. We have many different companies that require their own applications. Each companies own application must be filled out. So I created a master application that you fill out (it's in a worksheet) and it populates the different questions on the seperate applications (also on seperate worksheets but all in the same work book) Let me know if you still need more info. Thanks! ...

Online update of checking transactions in an investment account
I have a citibank account which is a combination brokerage account and checking account. It is set up in Money as an investment account called "Citigold". It has 1000's of checking transactions and ~10 investment transactions. Now that I've upgraded to Money 2005, I find that Money refuses to download my checking activities to the account since it is not a bank account. Instead it creates two new bank accounts, one labeled "interest checking" and one labeled "brokerage" and posts the appropriate balance to both and the checking transactions to ...

Updating Check Boxes in User Form does not change worksheet
I have a user Form with several Check Boxes on it. When I check or uncheck the Boxes it does not change the boxes in the workbook/worksheet. The User Form is a different workbook then the Worksheet I want to update. When you click on the Check box on the worksheet it shows "Check Box ##". This is the same Workbook/Sheet reference I am using for several other things and they all update correctly. What did I do wrong? Here is the code I was trying to use: Private Sub Update_Installer_Forms_8_Click() With Workbooks("Master Installer Forms.xlsm").Sheets(&quo...

Catching check/uncheck event accross multiple checkboxes
Hello, in a sheet with a couple dozens of checkboxes I need to be able to catch the event when each checkbox gets check or unchecked; probably the worst scenario would be defining an event handler for each checkbox. I wonder if there is a way for me to catch 'a global' check / uncheck event and only after that decode which checkbox had sent that event....? Hi Mac, I think that best way to handle this is to have a command button called Continue or Next otherwise you will never know when the user has finished making the selections. The user might just make one or two s...

Formula checking seprate condition(s) in column & row
Hi I need help in the following. One column has numbers ( if numbers are same formula should notify ) o the other hand on the right side row's { that all rows that hav matching numbers on the left side } have different numbers in fields o rows ( appearing as fR , in below chart) , if the number on the lef hand side columns is same & on its right side in any column row any th number matches or is same ( in diffrent fields of fR) the formul should notify , not as same or 1 , by the figure that is <same o repeating in the said field of row> should appear in place of same o "1...