unapply checks

hello,

I have a client that applied checks to a wrong customer, how do I unapply it
and apply it to the correct customer.

Thanks,
Scott

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C5ACAC.7041A5B0

Scott,

If a check was entered with the wrong customer ID, there is really no way to
just apply it to another customer, since cash receipts are customer
specific.  There are 2 ways of correcting this, you pick:

1. void the original check and re-enter it against the correct customer
2. enter a debit memo for the 'wrong' customer, enter a credit memo for the
'right' customer - debit side of the debit memo and credit side of the
credit memo need to be the same GL account number so that everything nets
out

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

  "Scott Rusoff" <ScottRusoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
  hello,

  I have a client that applied checks to a wrong customer, how do I unapply
it
  and apply it to the correct customer.

  Thanks,
  Scott

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C5ACAC.7041A5B0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Scott,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>If a check was entered with the wrong customer =
ID, there=20
is really no way to&nbsp;just apply&nbsp;it&nbsp;to another customer, =
since cash=20
receipts are customer specific.&nbsp; There are 2 ways of correcting=20
this,&nbsp;you&nbsp;pick:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>1. void the original check and re-enter it =
against the=20
correct customer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>2. enter a debit memo for the 'wrong' =
customer, enter a=20
credit memo for the 'right' customer - debit side of the debit memo and =
credit=20
side of the credit memo need to be the same GL account number so that =
everything=20
nets out</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DVerdana>-- <BR>Victoria Yudin<BR>Microsoft MVP - =
Great=20
Plains</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Scott Rusoff" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ScottRusoff@discussions.microsoft.com">ScottRusoff@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:77972324-B0B6-47E8-A66C-870A24B1DC3A@microsoft.com">news:779=
72324-B0B6-47E8-A66C-870A24B1DC3A@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>hello,<BR><BR=
>I=20
  have a client that applied checks to a wrong customer, how do I =
unapply it=20
  <BR>and apply it to the correct=20
customer.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Scott<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C5ACAC.7041A5B0--

0
victoria (3340)
8/29/2005 7:15:06 PM
Try voiding the check. If that does not work, then the other option is to
just go an unapply it in the Apply window. Of course, once you've used PTR,
it won't be possible to unapply without voiding.