Unable to open customizations dictionary

Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictionary." when importing
package file in GP9.

Already try the article ID 919440, didn't solve it...any idea?
0
TkT (8)

What is in the package file? Modified Forms, Reports or VBA or all?  If it's
forms and/or Reports, have you tried copying the .dics to a local
workstation, modifying the .set file, point to the local copy and then try
the import at the local wkstn?  Once the import is successful you can copy
the files back to the shared location.

"TKT" wrote:

> Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictionary." when importing
> package file in GP9.
>
> Already try the article ID 919440, didn't solve it...any idea?
0
LeslieVail (702)
6/1/2008 11:32:00 PM
Hi TKT

Is there any other session of GP open in the computer? That message shows
when another session is open in the same computer you try to install a
package.

If that is the case, close the other session, log in with a user that have
security rights to import packages (or sa) and that's all!

"TKT" wrote:

> Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictionary." when importing
> package file in GP9.
>
> Already try the article ID 919440, didn't solve it...any idea?
Also happens when your dictionaries are set to Read Only in the operating
system.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"TKT" wrote:

> Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictionary." when importing
> package file in GP9.
>
> Already try the article ID 919440, didn't solve it...any idea?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
6/3/2008 1:03:02 AM
Have all other users log out of GP then try again.

"TKT" wrote:

> Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictionary." when importing
> package file in GP9.
>
> Already try the article ID 919440, didn't solve it...any idea?
0
Elaine (442)
6/3/2008 7:37:00 PM
I have same problem with GP10. I upgrade GP8.

Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictionary." when importing
> package file in GP10.

> > Already try the article ID 919440, didn't solve it...any idea?
0
N (28)

Autofilter not accepting custom
I was setting up autofilter so that it would display entries whose values are greater than zero. I made the changes in the custom window and clicked OK. The filter didn't work so I went back in to check it and the changes I made had not taken effect. I tried a number of things, but what seem to resolve the issue was to delete any blank columns from the spreadsheet. Seems a bit strange. Is there a quirk in Excel where you can't have any blank columns in the spreadsheet when using autofilter on a non-blank column? Tom Hi you may select first the entire data range before ap...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Unable to save username or password
I have been unable to save my username or password since the lock out problem has been fixed. Anyone have any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey You could log in with the passport, remove it and restart Money. Then reattach it and see whether it remembers the information. However, if you use any online services, I'm not sure whether there will be any effect on these, so take a backup if you do decide to do this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. T...

Custom Reports in Reports not available??
2 questions... 1. I just figured out how to download the reports available. I just realized that when I go to reports in store operations manager, the custom reports option is not available. Is there a reason for this? How can I fix this? 2. I really need to do a report on customers. I need to know how much money a list of customers has spent between certain dates. I can't seem to get any of my report options to let me do all of those things at once. EX. customers that spent greater than or equal to $50 between 11/1/06 and 12/31/06 and to have it list the total sales for that time fr...

Custom Fileds
How do you add a drop down list (custom field) to the activities for an account and Is it possible to remove some of the buttons on the side under Sales like quotes, invoices, etc...? Robert, You add custom fields through the deployment manager. Once you have selected the table you want to add a field and choosen Add Schema Field, you will be presented with what kind of field you want to create. Among your choices is a picklist. -Jason "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0909FBA0-B107-48D2-AB3C-BA46FF131EF4@microsoft.com... > How do you ...

Retrieving a sent email before recepient opens it
How do I retrieve an email I sent in Outlook 2000 before the recepient opens it ? Hit the "Do do send" before "I decide tomorrow" button. "dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I retrieve an email I sent in Outlook 2000 before >the recepient opens it ? Unless you are using an Exchange server, there is no message recall. With Exchange server, your chances are better. However, the best way to retrieve a message is to not send it until you have reread it and decide that this should be sent. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

error message while opening the stored proc.
Can anybody view the stored procedure code - installed by eConnect on GPS database (Stored procs created after you install eConnect e.g. taSopHdrIvcInsert) I get error message while opening the stored proc. Error 20585: [SQL-DMO]/*******Encrypted object is not transferable, and script can not be generaqted. ******/ any comments ? ...

[ANN] "Dbl-Click Won't Open..." Issues
This message has been cross-posted to the Macintosh Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Office groups. The problem some of you have been experiencing whereby a file received via email refuses to open when double-clicked has been traced to email and/or web browser software mishandling the file sometime during its life cycle. Apparently certain programs of those types modify a key identifier in MS Office files which the 2008 apps require in order to be activated & open a file when it's double-clicked . Although identity of the software hasn't been identified, MacBU is working with the de...

Unable to print page with graphics
I put out a four page newsletter, any page that has an image with text, the printer spits out a blank page. However, if I use "Print current Page" the page prints fine! I am using JPEGS for the images, most are desaturated in Photoshop, so these images are not in color. I tried changing from JPEG to TIFF on the images, made no difference. Wonder if it a print spooling problem and not with publisher, any one have any ideas! Rick C When you open the print dialogue, be certain you clear "do not print any graphics". It is under the Advanced printing settings in 2002-...

Unable to send email to a certain address
I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send email to it or reply. I get the following error message: The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:35:25 -0500 from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us> (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.: >>> MAIL From:<rjaekel@dicararubinoarchitects.com> <<< 550 Can't ver...

unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID .. Please HELP
I get the following error when I try to access my email from the Messanger icon (Messanger knowes the number of unread emails). I have been experiencing the problem for several months and have been searching for a solution but have not been able to find one. I am able to login to my Windows Live Email via the web. I have deleted my account and reinstalled it and I have coppied all my email to a backup folder neither of these have worked. Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (Kellyr02) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. ...

open excel 2007 refresh query from batch file
Hello all, I have a simple script saved as "C:\refresh_excel.vbs" that opens an Excel file, and does a refresh for a query on Sheet 1. I created a scheduled task to run this every day. It worked fine for previous versions of Excel, but since I have upgraded to Excel 2007 it doesn't work. Any help it helping me figure this out would be appreciated. /*contents of refresh_excel.vbs*/ Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objExcel.Visible = True Set objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\reports\UPS.xls") objWorkbook.Sheets("...

unable to edit bill series
When I make changes to the details of a bill or deposit, the OK button doesn't work. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be completely frusstrating. The only way around it is to make a completely new entry, which can be very involved for a paycheck with a lot of details. I have tried restarting money and the whole computer, but that doesn't work. ...

Allowing Vendor to Place SQL Server Instance w/o giving customer a
We have a vertical market vendor who we bought a program requesting to place a separate SQL Server instance on our server without giving us admin rights. I understand that they want to protect their schema and want to keep us from writing to the DB, but I feel very uncomfortable with this. What would you do? Thanks. Eds Ask, what if the their queries will cause perfromance degradation and it will affect your production.... what would you do? At our company we dictate to vendor on what server to set up their program and they given very limited login to operate only with t...

Bin OverWrite Issue
I REALLY need HQ to NOT overwrite bin locations on the Stores... Each store has its own set of locations, and i NEED that to work! Can anyone recommend a fix or a company that could fix this for me? Can I hire someone to program something special for me? Jessica, If you are interested in looking for a solution for your problem I would love to help. We'd be happy to help you figure out a way to prevent this from happening, and if necessary we can offer a custom solution. If you are interested please give me a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop me an email at rsakry@rite.us. -- Tha...

Opening Attachments #19
Hi, I have a customer that is using Office 2003 Pro. Everything has been working OK until yesterday. When he tries to open an Excel attachment he gets the error: Can't create file: *filename*. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. If I try and save the file to an alternate place I get the same error? If I open Outlook in safe mode (hold down ctrl and launch the app) it works fine?? Can anyone shed any light on this please? Regards, Stuart Errington. Stuart Errington <stu...

customer summary report
1. I would like to print the customer summary report for all of the customers at the same time. I can print this report for one customer at a time from Inquiry>sales>Yearly summary. 2. I am looking at getting the YTD sales numbers for customers through smartlist or reports. Is this possible? Also what sql table holds this information. Check RM00103 and RM00104. Have you looked at the Period Sales Analysis report? -- Jim@TurboChef "Jack" wrote: > 1. I would like to print the customer summary report for all of the customers > at the same time. I can print this r...

Opening Access Database file
I am trying to open my access database file on my home computer but i get a message that i will not be able to make changes to it. Is there a way to work around it. By the way i had been using this file with GeoMedia. If any wizard can guide me in the right direction i will be thankful to him or her. Thanks, NED I'm not sure what GeoMedia is, but if you copied the file to your PC from elsewhere, the read-only attribute may be set. Try this ... Using either 'My Computer' or 'Windows Explorer', navigate to the folder that contains your MDB. Right-click the MDB and...

Error mesage when opening Publisher 97
Just installed publisher 97 on a new gateway with XP home. After opening the program and after the introduction,I get the following message: "File: undialog.cpp Line 1396." I am offered the option of abort-retry-or ignore. Clicking on any of the options causes the program to crash. I have used this program on another computer with an earlier version of XP without any problems. Help would be appreciated. Thank You Do you have ZoomText? http://www.aisquared.com/Support/Z7Updates.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_...

No shapes when opening
I created a network diagram in Visio 2003 Pro. My Shapes sheet had all the network shapes like computers and monitors, Servers, Active Directory Objects, etc. Now when I open this drawing my shapes sheet is empty. I have to go to Files ->Shapes -> Network and reopen each shape sheet every time I open this drawing. I have created new Network Diagrams since and the shapes always stay in those diagrams. What do I have to do to get the shape sheets to stay in this document? consider opening file=> properties and make sure "save workspace" is checked. al "n...

Custom Search Folder
Hi! I would like to know if there is any way to programatically create your own custom Search Folder from an Outlook add-in, and of course, add it's own search criteria (I would like to search after a custom fileld added in certain MailItems). Also, if this is possible, how do I access it afterwards? It doesn't matter if this is done via OOM, CDO or Redemption (or something else?)...is it possible? Thanks a lot, Doru Use the Application.AdvancedSearch method to return a Search object, = then use Search.Save to create the search folder. You will be able to = use a custom field ...

I open one excel worksheet, PERSONAL.XLS also opens, why?
How do I stop Excel from opening a blank worksheet called PERSONAL.XLS each time I open one of my Excel files? Take it out of your XLSTART directory. By default, Personal.xls is the name of the file that XL stores macros in. It's usually hidden (Window/Hide). In article <AF5A9FE8-BE5F-46A6-B0AF-9CB93D80DC8C@microsoft.com>, "harry" <harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I stop Excel from opening a blank worksheet called PERSONAL.XLS each > time I open one of my Excel files? ...

Outlook 2000 delay on opening
Sometimes Outlook 2000 hangs when opening, it can take 5- 10 minutes to open. If you look at task manager it says that Outlook is not responding, but if you wait 5-10 minutes it opens and works fine. This is on a network, with Exchange server, and all the clients are using W2000, and this happens intermittently for all of the clients. Has anyone experienced this and found a cure? If all other programs on the network are working OK and with good speed, then the problem is either Exchange or Outlook. If some of the users are doing fine, it's likely that Outlook is the culprit (unless...

Opening Publisher 98 files in Publisher 2003
I can open some Pub 98 files in 2003 but not others. Large files (~18,000KB) won't open. Small (~50KB) will. I don't have Norton Anti-Virus but do have McAfee Virusscan, Personal Firewall+ & Privacy Service. Any ideas? Did you turn off script blocking? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "1CRSNC" <1CRSNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ABEAE44-7A7E-4692-A854-63B0F665ABF4@microsoft.com... >I can open some Pub 98 files in 2003 but not others. Large files (~18,000KB) > w...

cannot open entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop The message I get is&quot;Cannot open this database with this version of Entourage&quot;. I have already tried rebuilding the database, doesn't work. Is there anything else you could sugeest? On 2010-06-03 07:27:04 -0400, MacIan@officeformac.com said: > The message I get is"Cannot open this database with this version of > Entourage". I have already tried rebuilding the database, doesn't work. > Is there anything else you could sugeest? Update Entourage...