Unable to llaunch FRx

Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today.  When users
try to  launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen
flashes for a second then disappears.  There is no error message and no entry
in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs.

I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam
Canada) reports show up.

This was working fine yesterday.  I reran the FRx index scripts but that did
not resolve it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
--
Jim

Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But back up your frx
reports first or they might get wiped out.

"Jim" wrote:

> Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today.  When users
> try to  launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen
> flashes for a second then disappears.  There is no error message and no entry
> in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs.
>
> I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam
> Canada) reports show up.
>
> This was working fine yesterday.  I reran the FRx index scripts but that did
> not resolve it.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Jim

unable to gain access to files from external HD
hello please can you help me.. ive just had a new windows xp installed..due to the old one being not genuine.. well i copped all my stuff to an external HD . now i cant open some things off the external HD with the new windows...this is what i get. -Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct- this is happening to random pictures , music and video files.. is there a cure..thank you -- blendedblood --------------------------------------...

unable to insert page numbers
my ms word 7 (enterprise package) has ceased to allow my to insert page numbers. Everythng else is working fine. I click "insert", that's ok; I click "page numbers" , that's ok; then I click "top of page" or "bottom, etc." and this is where my word 7 fails because no further option choice appear (though they had before). The only option to appear is "save selection as page number" and this is "grayed out" unless of course I have some current text selected. this is the same problem whether I attempt to insert ...

Unable to Tranfer emails from the inbox to other folders.
Hi, ive got a bit of a problem. Since yesterday I have been unable to tranfer emails from my inbox to any other folder in outlook. I can still send and receive ok and ive ran the inbox repair tool for my .pst, which found no corrupt files. The strange thing is, if I delete a email, it goes into the deleted items folder, but then allows me to transfer it back only to the inbox. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Tony Dunn. CLear the Deleted Items folder and try again. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting P...

unable to Create dialog in extension dll
>From within an extension dll, I want to create a simple dialog that I create using the resource editor. This code should create and show it: MyDlg * myDlg = new MyDlg; myDlg->Create( MyDlg::IDD, CWnd::GetDesktopWindow() ); myDlg->ShowWindow( SW_SHOW ); However, when executing in my extension dll, the Create statement asserts here: BOOL CWnd::CreateDlgIndirect(LPCDLGTEMPLATE lpDialogTemplate, CWnd* pParentWnd, HINSTANCE hInst) { #ifdef _DEBUG if ( AfxGetApp()- >IsKindOf( RUNTIME_CLASS( COleControlModule ) ) ) .... This is because AfxGetApp() returns a NULL. ...

unable to send mails
All send emails comes back from Systems Administrator as Undelivered with error: 553 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1. Can anyone suggest what's the problem? ...

unable to log in 11-28-09
Hi, out of the blue when I access my windows mail it is asking for my user name and password, I've tried all variations I can think off without luck, I'm receiving the following message, any solutions? Account: 'Home', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 thanks, NBF Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" i...

Unable To Send Mail #3
Everytime I wish to send my mail, this error will prompt: The operation failed. An Object could not be found. Please assist. Thank you. ...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

Unable to send e-mail to a contact : SOAP Error
Hi all, I have defined myself as a contact in CRM, and I am trying to send e-mail to my e-mail address by sending an e-mail to this contact. When I do so, I get an error such as this: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : A SOAP error occurred: '80070005Access is denied. ' I checked the registry entry 'mscrmmailserverurl' it is such as: http://<exchange servername>/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF On the CRM server, I open IE and I write the above URL, with a minor change. Instead of ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF I write ICrmEmailDispatchSDL.SRF. By th...

Unable to send, not enough memory
Have Vista, I downloaded a video from my iphone. Its not in window media but q-time. It want let me attatch to my email ...

unable to listen to burned cd's
when I burn a cd I am unable to listen to it on any portable players, I can listen to it in my car cd player, but it takes minutes to "read" before starting to play. also, when it does start they are in folders, unlike my other cd's. I am using the same music and cd's that have previously worked. any help , thanks.... Hi, Could it be that you burned a data CD and previously you had burned audio CD's (CD's that you by in a shop prerecorded with music are usually audio CD's). Not all CD players will play data CD's. That could also explain why...

unable to view videos on web
Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are embedded in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for your help! Can anyone guess what browser and version Varda has? Or what edition of Windows she has, with what service pack? Or even the URL of a page where she can't see the video, and which video on the page she can't see? Or what happened to her computer "about a week ago" that might have caused the problem? Me neither. --- Leonard Gre...

What can FRX Link to?
I know it can link to the GL (obviously) and excel but can it link to other data using an ODBC connection. No. -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Tom S" wrote: > I know it can link to the GL (obviously) and excel but can it link to other > data using an ODBC connection. ...

Unable to reload Publisher 2000
Hello - Having a bit of a problem - Recently did a dos install of windows 98SE - overlaying exiting installation of Windows 98. Because this was processed as a new install, rather than an update - I needed to reload all of my applications to have them registered properly in the registry. All reinstallation went OK = with the exception of Publihser 2000. When I start the installation, I get a message to the effect: "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verity that this is a valid Win...

FRx formula does not export to excel ?
when exporting FRx report to excel, the formula does not seems to export, and thus giving wrong result of calculated field. is there anything that I miss to have formula exported correctly? I hate to give you the bad news but if you have anything that is a complex formula or a formula where it references hidden cells it doesn't export the formula. Don't bother wasting time contacting support. I opened a call and it took them over 3 weeks to tell me that the system was "designed" to export complicated formulas. Some of my formulas wasn't complicated and it didn&#...

Unable to view Public Folders from Outlook Calendar
I'm running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I created a public folder named "Trades Shows" as a calendar. I can view "Trades Shows" from the calendar list view under Mail, but I'm unable to open the calendar from the calendar tab by choosing "Open a Shared Calendar". When I choose to view Public Folders from the dropdown no public folders are listed. I have 10 public folders and none of them are listed in the dropdown selection list. Any idea why this would be the case? I think it will be if you add it to your "favorites"... -- Su...

AA for FRx
Do you have to install Analytical Accounting for FRx on the server and each client or just the server ? Thanks I'm not sure what you are asking. The Analytical Accounting module needs to be installed on the server installation of GP and the workstations. The AA add-in for FRx needs to be installed on any machine that will be used to log into FRx and run or design reports. -- Charles Allen, MVP "lbecker" wrote: > Do you have to install Analytical Accounting for FRx on the server and each > client or just the server ? > > Thanks > ...

Unable to change the requirement level of a field.
I created a custom entity a while ago and would like to change the requirment level to 'Business Required'. Every time I try to do this, I get an error message saying that "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator" I have tried this on a test server (importing the customizations); there is no pre-existing data, but I still get the same message. Am I trying to do something that I am not allowed to do? Is there any other way of making the field mandatory? I've done this plenty of times without a problem. Is it the only field ...

Unable to read messages in Outlook Webmail
I am unable to read or respond to my e mail from work that I am accessing through Outlook webmail. I can see the messages but when I click on them to read or act on them, I am automatically directed to a "Page Unavailable" message off my companies internet site. I feel it must be a setting on my desktop browser. Can anyone help ? Doubtful - it's possible someone ran URLScan (a security feature) on your Exchange/IIS server and didn't modify it for use on Exchange. Ask the Exchange/systems admin to take a look at MS knowledgebase article 309508 Bruce wrote: > I am u...

Unable to start Internet Mail Service
Our email server started acting buggy today. It appears that the Microsoft Internet Mail Service has been stopped and we cannot restart it. When we try we get an error that we do not have access. We have tried under the root admin acct and get the same error message. We have run Anti virus and that has come up clean. We are, for the most part protected via a firewall with only the necessary ports open. I feel that we might have been hacked because if we log in using any of the domain credentials we can't restart the server and the option is missing from the drop down. We can on...

unable to send and receive email
I have everything fine in PIX firewall and NAT. But I am unable to send and receive any outside emails (other domains). Its working fine within the organization. Its running in exchange 5.5 server. I will be more glad if anybody can help me?... I guess the first question is do you have the IMS installed? You will of course need that. Second I would see if I can telnet to it from inside the network over port 25. We probably need some more info too. Thanks -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm &quo...

Server 2008 Standard R2
This is server is the host to our Netbackup 6.5.4 Server which is our main backup server for this server enviroment. I'm encountering an issue where I will come in the morning and randomly the server will lose the ability to communicate on the network. What makes it strange is: -There is still a link light -I've updated the nic drivers and this problem still continues -The static ip information is still there -The DNS information is correct -I can log into the server without issue locally and according to Windows Network and Sharing Center there is no issue with the con...

FRX: TTM column & % of Revenue
I have a column with twelve trailing months of data. I am trying to get TTM Gross Profit as a percentage of TTM Total Revenue. What appears to be happening is that the calculation is happening for each month and being added together (Jan =20%, Feb =22%, Mar=1% ... = 269%) I tried making the orignal TTM column non-printing and making a new column that took the value from the original but that had no effect. Changing the report to calculate columns instead of rows worked but that wrecked 4 other columns worth of data. Thanks all! ...

Unable to Display Folder #5
We are currently rolling out new workstations (Windows XP with Office XP). Users receiveing these new workstations are currently reciveing erros messages when going into outlook. At this time, it is not all users but some select users. Fore Example, when I go into Outlook 2003, instead of bringing up the Inbox, I get a message on the screen (pane) where the inbox would be that it was "Unable to display folder". For some users it is there inbox while others have the same problem on the sent items folder or the deleted items folder. The same users can get to their inbox/...

"Unable to Read File"
I'm running "Excel 97", and use it to keep track of a few stocks and their progress. The file has a few formulas to calculate the stuff I want, but nothing exotic. When I update the file I always copy it and past below (so I can go back to it if necessary) and save it to my Documents file, then immediately "Save as" the same file name to a flash drive for back-up. On two recent occasions now, I have attempted to open the file and get a notice "Unable to Read File". Fortunately, I have been able to open my back-up and re-save it and go on from there. It&...