Unable to llaunch FRx

Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today.  When users
try to  launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen
flashes for a second then disappears.  There is no error message and no entry
in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs.

I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam
Canada) reports show up.

This was working fine yesterday.  I reran the FRx index scripts but that did
not resolve it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
--
Jim

Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But back up your frx
reports first or they might get wiped out.

"Jim" wrote:

> Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today.  When users
> try to  launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen
> flashes for a second then disappears.  There is no error message and no entry
> in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs.
>
> I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam
> Canada) reports show up.
>
> This was working fine yesterday.  I reran the FRx index scripts but that did
> not resolve it.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Jim

Unable to update
Outlook 2002 / XP I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find the solution. Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.' Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, web sites, and this ng history but the solutions I have found do not help. These include using the clear(?) switch when opening Outlook Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks) I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance This problem did not occur until I switched the Default pst (I use 2) used when opening Outlook. Any ideas ...

Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM
I realize that this question has been asked before, i've made sure i've been compliant as the other posts have suggested, although i may have one additional wrinkle that i have seen addressed elsewhere. I may be missing something... My statistics: 1. Win 2K, 2. I am set up as an administrator 3. I have set up the client license 4. I am able to access the web-based client once i disabled the pop-up blocker I can also ping the crm web site 5. I am trying to access the server over a VPN connection rather than connected locally - one thing one post brought up - if i attempt to acc...

Not enough memory/Unable to save external link values
Hi, I'm getting two errors when closing Excel. First "Not enough memory" then "Unable to save external link values". I can understand the second one - I have a lot of links and since the are formulae, the values wouldn't be retained anyway. The file size is 439kb, and I've got plenty left on my hard drive. Th machine does appear to be saving something despite the message. Th file is currently open, am I safe to close it? What should I do? Bertie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have the same problem. Found this answer on another post (s...

FRx Error
Hi, I am getting the below error message when I am selecting Add rows from Chart of Accounts in row format. I am using FRx 6.7 and SQL 2000. Pls advice Run-time error '-2147217865 (80040e37)' Invalid object name 'frl_acct_code' Thanks, Hari Hi Hari, Ensure that the 'frl_acct_code' table exists in the Dynamics database. If not, you will need to run the sql scripts to create in the Dynamics database. The scripts are on the 6.7 CD and the instructions to execute them. cd path =FRx67\Bin\FRxReporter\Scripts\MBS80 and after\SQL Server 7.0 and 2000\Server Based Index...

Unable to reach HTTPS links in Outlook
Hello All other links are fine, but the ones that try to get to https links will not have it Any idea appreciated Thanks ...

Unable to read file message
When I try to open a (my most important) excel file, I am getting the message 'Unable to read file'. I have tried saving it to disk and opening it on Win98 (I have xp thinking maybe it was something to do with the OS (I read something like that somewhere on the 'net). Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone, and with successfu resolution? Thank you in advance.... Sa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > When I try to open a (my most important) excel file, I am getting the > message 'Una...

Does anyone know of an FRx 'tree import' tool?
I'm looking for a way to import a tree structure from a spreadsheet or some other external source. I know for sure that I'm not the first person to want this. Thanks in advance for your constructive replies! Carl, I think you should be able to just copy and paste form Excel into FRx. I have done it for row formats recently, haven't tried it with a tree in a while, but I think I recall doing that in the past..... -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Carl Sheffield" <csheffield@krystalco.com> wrote in message news:%23KnrrC3wFHA.2072@TK2MSFT...

Unable to connect to online quote server... AGAIN!
I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? Just opened Money...same here. Only happens when the markets up. <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbe1ee53-01df-4e30-88b4-58c8c1146c33@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? I also have been having trouble connecting!! <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbe1ee53-01df-4e30-88b4-58c8c1146c33@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? What version of Money? Or is this directly on the MSN ...

FRx chained report error
We are running FRx on a daily basis through the Chained report selection, however, all of a sudden our reports get stuck and we get an error, "None of the Reporting Units in the Tree match the Starting Unit specified in the Catalog. All units will be presented for selection." Any ideas what might have changed to cause this error? These reports have been working correctly for months, and just are now giving us this problem. Any insight would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks, KJ ...

unable to generate voucher number
We are getting an error message everytime we open Payables, Transaction Entry. "Unable to generate voucher number". You can't close the transaction entry window, you can't delete or clear so we end up ctrl-alt-del to get out of Dynamics. We are running Dynamics GP 9.0. Any one else ever run in to this? We have voucher numbers set up in the payables system, and the next number to use seems valid. -- grace Grace, You say "seems valid", have you verified this? Run the following query against your database: select * from pm00400 where cntrlnum = (select n...

Unable to open address book #2
I downloaded sasser worm patch and installed a Microsoft Office 2003 on my computer and my Outlook Express address book was lost. Reinsatll Outlook Express? The software doesn't appear available at Microsoft's web site and since it was bundled with the computer purchase (Dell Windows XP). http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/wab.htm The Windows Address Book (WAB) http://home.comcast.net/~jimpickering/ Address Book (WAB) Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Tele...

unable to type in message body of new email
Connecting to Exchange 2003 server via https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange. Running IE 8 and Windows 7. I can login fine and read email, but when i click on the "New" button to create a new email, I am unable to type any text in the message body. Just a small red square in the upper left corner of the message body. I believe this has something to do with DHTML because when i connect with an XP machine running IE8 and create a "New" email, it comes up with the popup bar at the top saying "Click here to add this Dynamic HTML add-on/Active X control"...

unable to send from word 2002
unable to send to from word 2002 with outlook 98 any fix thanks No -- versions must match. "vendforu@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:121601c4a05e$3cfc3c70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > unable to send to from word 2002 with outlook 98 > > > > any fix > > > thanks ...

Outlook unable to save print settings
I have a Outlook user that, when she chooses to print via File, print I get the following message; Unable to save the print settings. Make sure that c:\winnt\microsoft\outlook\outlprnt exists and can be written to". It she clicks on the print icon within outlook it prints fine. I have verified the file and user rights. Any ideas are welcome! ...

MSCRMEmail: Unable to read data from the transport connection
Here is the error log #61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "[CRM|New Lead] Supply Chain Event Leads from MS Dynamics CRM:0001482" for SMTP: http://justkeyindev/BSG for delivery through smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com. System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sock...

Unable to save .GIf files in Outlook 03
How do I save .gif files in outlook 03? I can see it, if I try to save it it saves as .bmp. I can however save .gif files in Outlook Express? This is because they are embedded. You can get them out with some VBA. A step by step can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:319CF1DD-9A18-495E-89AD-212DA97BF051@microsoft.c...

Unable to get word files to work with windows computers
Hello, I have a quick question. I have word for my mac and I need to share word files with people who have word on windows computers. Is this possible? When I send them the file, they cannot open it. If it is possible to share, am I doing something wrong? Make sure the file has the .doc extension. There's no difference in the Word file format (since Word 97), so it's most likely a question of how the attachment is encoded by the email program. My Mac email program, Entourage, has this to say in Help: About attachment encodings When you choose an encoding format, it is helpful to u...

FRX detail reports #2
This is follow up to earlier question. FRX detail (account or transaction) reports appear to be double spaced. How do you change them to single spaced/ I found under the catalog report options a place to enter number of lines between rows (which I have set at zero), but this only changes the spacing on summary reports, does not affect the spacing on detail reports. I might be mistaken but i do not think you can format the detail transactions. They are FRx Defaults. "Tom H." wrote: > This is follow up to earlier question. FRX detail (account > or transaction) reports app...

Unable to View Contacts in Address Book
I am having a heck of a time moving off an old machine and setting up Outlook on a new machine. I moved the .pst file from the old to the new machine and it seemed to go OK ... I can see the mail folders and messages as they were on the old machine and I can see the Contacts [although somehow I ended up with three(!) Personal Folders ... each of which point to the files/folders in the .pst folder I moved over]. In any event, my biggest problem now is getting the Contacts that are included in the .pst file to show up when I display the Address Book. When I open the Address Book I see ...

Unable to read email
Hi all I have already tried the format menu but all options except wrap text are unavailable so any suggestions as to why I'm getting the following will be much appreciated! Sender: bernard.scott@virgin.net Received: from mta3-svc.business.ntl.com (mta3-svc.business.ntl.com [62.253.164.43]) by siaag2ab.compuserve.com (8.12.9/8.12.7/SUN-2.7) with ESMTP id h7B7j6cB001514 for <broyston@compuserve.com>; Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:45:06 -0400 (EDT) Received: from elaine ([80.1.0.211]) by mta3-svc.business.ntl.com (InterMail vM.4.01.03.37 201-229-121-137-20020806) with SMTP ...

Unable to undo...
Hi Somehow I am unable to undo - redo in VS 2003 IDE. I did'nt know what settings I have changed but undo is not working. I tried to explore all the settings and options but to no avail. Can you please help. Best Regards Shrishail Hi Shrishail Rana > Somehow I am unable to undo - redo in VS 2003 IDE. I did'nt know what > settings I have changed but undo is not working. How is the undo - redo unable to work or on what scenario it doesn't work? Did you get any specific error message? Does undo - redo invalid for all the session of VS 2003 IDE or just the current...

Unable to open the outlook window.
I just downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to my computer. When I try to open Outlook, the window opens for about 2 seconds and then closes automatically. I received an error message: "cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlok window. the server is not available. contact your system administrator if this problem persist." I'm have home based computer and don't have an administrator. Can anyone help? Did you create a profile with settings (email account, POP3 and SMPT server names, etc.) for Outlook to use? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Ti...

Unable to connect online updates.
I just purchased Money 2005, the online download. I select my bank (Bank of America California), then click Next, and it waits... and waits... the indicator in the top right gets to about 30% after 5 minutes, then I get a "Page not found" error. What is going on? It's definately not my internet connection. I'm running Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Any suggestions would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >I just purchased Money 2005, the online download. I select my bank (Bank of >America California), then click Next, and it waits... and wa...

Outlook 2003 unable to create rules
whenever I create rules on Outlook 2003 I receive this message, "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and has been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is unsufficient space to store all your rules" Can anyone advice? thanks. You're limited to 32k of server-side rules. Delete some/simplify your rules, and it should work. barddd wrote: > whenever I create rules on Outlook 2003 I receive this > message, > > "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange > Server and has been dea...

Unable to add custom field to a view/preview
I added a new attribute to the Quote and I am able to add this attribute to the form but the new attribute does not appear in the list of fields when I create a new view. Further, the new field does not appear in the list of fields if I try to add it to the quote preview. I am able to store and retrieve the value of the new field using the API. Thanks for any info. I figured it out. JohnE wrote: > I figured it out. Hi John! How do you solve the problem? Publish and IIS reset don't help. I don't see custom fields in "Customize views", but i can see custom fields ...