Unable to launch GP

We have one workstation that cannot launch GP.  It had worked in the past but
now we cannot launch GP from the icon or from Start > Programs.  We've tried
dragging and dropping the .set file onto the .exe file.  Even double-clicking
on the .exe file does nothing.

This PC has the same anti-virus software as the other machines - Symantec.
We also tried copying the GP folder over from a working workstation.

Any suggestions?
0
Elaine (442)

Exactly what does happen when you try to launch?  Does anything show up in
the task manager?
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Elaine" wrote:

> We have one workstation that cannot launch GP.  It had worked in the past but
> now we cannot launch GP from the icon or from Start > Programs.  We've tried
> dragging and dropping the .set file onto the .exe file.  Even double-clicking
> on the .exe file does nothing.
>
> This PC has the same anti-virus software as the other machines - Symantec.
> We also tried copying the GP folder over from a working workstation.
>
> Any suggestions?
Yes, please tell us what exactly is happening? if there is a certain message,
please tell us.

Anyway, I have a small tip for you, make sure that the two systems have the
same Symantic Version! because I have faced this problem before! some
Symantic versions are just naughty!
--
ahmad_abed@engineer.com
Business Applications Consultant

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

> Exactly what does happen when you try to launch?  Does anything show up in
> the task manager?
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "Elaine" wrote:
>
> > We have one workstation that cannot launch GP.  It had worked in the past but
> > now we cannot launch GP from the icon or from Start > Programs.  We've tried
> > dragging and dropping the .set file onto the .exe file.  Even double-clicking
> > on the .exe file does nothing.
> >
> > This PC has the same anti-virus software as the other machines - Symantec.
> > We also tried copying the GP folder over from a working workstation.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
0
ahmad_abed (13)
10/26/2008 9:17:01 AM
You probably know by now there is a known issue with Symantec Endpoint
Protection. The article number is 954631.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Elaine" wrote:

> We have one workstation that cannot launch GP.  It had worked in the past but
> now we cannot launch GP from the icon or from Start > Programs.  We've tried
> dragging and dropping the .set file onto the .exe file.  Even double-clicking
> on the .exe file does nothing.
>
> This PC has the same anti-virus software as the other machines - Symantec.
> We also tried copying the GP folder over from a working workstation.
>
> Any suggestions?
0
callen (2505)

Application Launch Failure Message
I am receiving this message when I open any of the applications from office. I had trouble with Excel not working last night, so I restarted my computer. From then on, I'm getting the error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The application "Remove Office" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<RemoveOffice><RemoveOffice><CarbonLib><>" On November26Monday11/26/07 10:55 AM, in article ab04396c-d5c8-476b-a8f6-c3c12cc4a140@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "kimschmidt611@gmail.com" <kimschmidt611@gmail.c...

AA transaction in FRX, but not in GP
I have a report showing a transaction in Frx that doesn't exist in GP. I was able to track down the JE, and it doesn't currently have the amount that is showing up in FrX. When I tried to edit the AA info, I recieved the following error: [MIcrosoft][SQL Native Client]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint PKAAG10003. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.AAG10003. I know the JE number, the aaglhdrid and aagldistid of the 'extra' data. It is clearly NOT in GP (at least not in the posted JE but it does show up when trying to edit the AA), but clearly in the AA t...

Unable to access Customize Outlook Today
Our company has been using Outlook 2000 for a while on Win 2000 workstations with a Win 2000 server. Just recently, some of us can no longer access the Customize Outlook Today area. You can click on the button but nothing happens. Any ideas? Refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 820575--This fix worked for us. >-----Original Message----- >Our company has been using Outlook 2000 for a while on Win >2000 workstations with a Win 2000 server. Just recently, >some of us can no longer access the Customize Outlook >Today area. You can click on the button but nothing &g...

Unable to Send text message to child window
hi, From My MFC Application I create a modless window on the click of a button. From the same clicking function I assign a value to an edit box( CString value). CTestModless *p; p = new CTestModless; p->Create (CTestModless::IDD, GetDesktopWindow()); CRect rSize ; p->GetWindowRect(&rSize); p->MoveWindow(10,10, rSize.Width(), rSize.Height()); p->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); GetDlgItem (IDC_BUTTON2)->EnableWindow(FALSE); p->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); p->m_strD1Bc1 = "123"; p->UpdateData(FALSE); But it is giving an error telling there is some problem o...

Recepients unable to print e-mail from Publisher
I have created a flyer in Publisher 2003 and sent this to my work e-mail where I use Outlook 2002, the e-mail was sent via Outlook Express 6. On screen the e-mail looks fine but when I print it I only get parts of the text and no images or the table I created. The flyer consisted of text boxes, company logos, a table with text and graphics inside and some hyperlinks. The hyperlinks work fine for the recipient. In Publisher the e-mail prints and previews perfectly. I want to be able to save it as an Outlook template so that I can then mass mail it to our clients through our customer data...

Freezes on launch
This is an intermittent problem I am having on my iBook (G3 600, running 10.3.2). Every so often, something in the preferences seems to be getting hosed so that neither Word nor Excel will launch. Specifically, at about the point where the startup dialog says "Microsoft Excel," the app blocks (goes red in the Activity Monitor) and cannot be caused to quit (not even by a force-quit). There are no apparent differences between this installation and the known good one on my other machine (a G5 also running Panther--only difference I can think of is the language of the Classic installatio...

Unable to connect to server Error 0x800ccc0e #2
I've tried to google for this solution but to this point have not made any progress. This computer is running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000, the computer is able to receive email but can't send. Every time I try and send email I get the error. "Unable to connect to server" SERVERNAME Error# 0x800ccc0e I've found some work around for windows XP but can't seem to follow them with Windows 2000 THANKS FOR THE HELP WHAT I'VE TRIED 1) I've tried to telnet to the smpt.MyISP.com but it doesn't work 2) Deleted and re-created the account. 3) Tried this in Out...

Unable to delete empty database

Unable to see or show sheet 1 in excel
On opening a work book sheet 1 is not shown. It starts on sheet 2. The goback pointer does not operate. I tried Format/Sheet/ but unhide is greyed out With 'unhide' grayed out, I'd agree with Mike that it either does not exist or it is set to xlVeryHidden. for 'blank flange' - is this just one workbook? (I suspect so), or more than one that you think should also have a Sheet1 in them? "john" wrote: > It could just be hidden > look at format/sheet and see if you can unhide it. If the workbook has > protection then you might need to turn that off ...

SQL Optimizing for GP
We are running a GP 9 SQL instance and are experiencing occasional SQL blocks which freezes all GP users until the block is cleared. Are there any Best Practice or SQL optimization documents for GP available? Thanks how many users? what third party products are you running? do you know what tasks are running when the blocks occur? and when you say "blocks", are you actually referring to SQL Locks? do they release automatically after a short time? do you have to release them manually? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Us...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Any word on CRM 3.0 and GP?
Any word on the functionality of CRM 3.0 (January) and GP? In terms of data exchange and integration.... John ...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Contract Administration
How can I bill from contract administration for few number of days for example I want to bill from 01 to 07 of a month & 21 to 30 of the same month in one bill. how can I achieve this. I am not sure, whether this is possible without any customization. I can assure you that we can bill a contract for days, but that should be in a periodical way and fixed number of days on each occurence. For instance, I can bill a contract for 10 days on each occurence of the Billing Cycle. You may want to wait till others come up with some more valuable replies. -- Regards, Vaidy "Hus...

ME tables in GP
Before I reinstall the GP8.0, I have 45 ME tables in the SQL Server, but after I reinstall the GP8.0, I got no tables of ME, after I set up a contract start number, I only get 7 ME tables (ME50402, ME50403, ME50405, ME50411, ME50413, ME50430, ME50432). Who can tell me why? What do I need to do ? Help, please. Frank, ME tables are EITHER: Mekorma tables ORRRR The electronic reconcile/safe pay tables,EFT for Payables or EFT for Receivables Sounds like you need to install those. Mike "Frank Wang" <FrankWang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E791F583-9A67-4...

OAB freezes when spawn by WORD as email editor/resumes when word is launched from quicklaunch (or other)
This is the strangest thing. Outlook 2002 SP3, WORD 2002 is the email editor, HTML is the email format. Composing a new email, and clicking the TO:, CC: or BCC: buttons spawns the Outlook Address Book (OAB) showing only the CONTACTS folder from the local PST file. The OAB displays quickly and is populated with names immediately. However, it is totally unresponsive. You cannot move the scrollbars, type in the search fields, click on the menu items, etc. Here is the strangest part: ================= The workaround I found is to click the WORD icon on the user's quick launch bar. This DOESN&...

GP PA to MS EPM Integration
Hi, I would like to know whether any partner has done the integration between MS Dynamics GP Project Accounting and MS Enterprise Project Management. If yes, please let me know ...

unable to create a link in email
hi, how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my documents\How to blade.doc thanks I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it. It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message. I would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't have Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at http://www.primopdf.com "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1106799740.913670.178870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > hi, > how can i creat...

Unable to read from the transport connection
We've just installed WSE SP3 onto our development machines and we are now having problems connecting to a web services from a Win forms client. The web service is not using WSE and there have been no changes to the code. When we call a method we get a system.io exception with the message of "unable to read from the transport connection". Do you know what might be the cause? Thanks -- Mike Batley MCSD ...

Unable to download Checking Account information
Hello all, I've been using Money 99 for many many years. I've decided to take the plunge and move to Money 2006 to take advantage of the auto account download feature. I have installed Money 2006, used my Microsoft Passport info to login and then entered my bank login information. My Checking, Savings 1, Savings 2, and Auto Loan were all recognized. I was asked how far back I would like to download information for each of the accounts. For both of my Savings and for my Auto Loan all of the transaction information was downloaded and added into my register in Money 2006. Th...

unable to view signature pictures from outlook
When i opened my outlook, i cant view those signature pictures, it gives me an X mark Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Outlook. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "jomsky" <jomsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E349024C-F108-43D1-B4D7-9A1E10D3ADBB@microsoft.com... > When i opened my outlook, i cant view those signature pictures, it gives > m...

Unable to Respond to Meeting Notice...help?
Am running Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. This is a new installation for me so I am an ingenue. When I get a meeting notice I click accept or any other response I cannot then reply to the sender... nothing happens. Any advice appreciated. Thanks! ...

Unable to find approved PO in Receiving Auto Receive
Hi everyone, We used to encounter approved PO cannot be found in Receiving Auto Receive in GP v7. And as said this will be fixed in GP v8 since this is a bug in v7. When we already upgraded to v8, we never encountered this issue again. Thinking that its already fixed we never expect this could happen again since we currently use v8. Just to resolve this issue we need to reprint the PO for us to see it in Auto Receive. Is there any resolution that need not to reprint the PO? or is there other "LONG TERM" resolution on this? Thanks for the help. ...

Occasional 'Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure'
I have a particular user that occasionally gets the following NDRs when sending to people within our organization (local exchange accounts; however on another physical server) with no apparent regularity, and it seems (since no one else is complaining) that it's only affecting him. * * * The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Twamley, Erin on 1/6/2005 6:38 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=VUSD;l=VUSD-4-050107023758Z-85679 MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:VUSD:VUSD-10 Rodriguez, Sandra on 1/6/2005 6:38 PM Una...