Set up test company using live company data; ran the script referenced in
CustomerSource article ID#871973; can grant and remove user access in all
other companies; ran grantsql 9.2;  the dexsql log shows the user already
has access probably because of using the other company data for the test; I
can set up a new user and grant them access, existing users who already have
access can view the company...but, I cannot figure out how to grant access
to the TEST company to an existing user.  The error popup reads "The user
could not be added to one or more databases."
Dynamics 9.0, SQL 2005 SP1
Users aren't stuck, they're happily working away in the live companies, just
can't grant them access to the test company.
Any ideas would certainly be appreciated. A workaround would be to create
new users just for the TEST company but it still seems like there is
something wrong.

0
mbartlett (6)

If you look in Enterprise Manager at the security, do the users show up in
the test database? You may need to drop the users from the test company
through Enterprise Manager and then use GP to grant access via the User
Access window.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Michael H. Bartlett" wrote:

> Set up test company using live company data; ran the script referenced in
> CustomerSource article ID#871973; can grant and remove user access in all
> other companies; ran grantsql 9.2;  the dexsql log shows the user already
> has access probably because of using the other company data for the test; I
> can set up a new user and grant them access, existing users who already have
> access can view the company...but, I cannot figure out how to grant access
> to the TEST company to an existing user.  The error popup reads "The user
> could not be added to one or more databases."
> Dynamics 9.0, SQL 2005 SP1
> Users aren't stuck, they're happily working away in the live companies, just
> can't grant them access to the test company.
> Any ideas would certainly be appreciated. A workaround would be to create
> new users just for the TEST company but it still seems like there is
> something wrong.

0
callen (2505)
6/28/2006 3:55:01 PM
Thanks, any idea which table to open- Dynamics 9.0, SQL 2005.

I think that's the procedure, I just don't know which table the users are
in.

Thanks,

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> If you look in Enterprise Manager at the security, do the users show up in
> the test database? You may need to drop the users from the test company
> through Enterprise Manager and then use GP to grant access via the User
> Access window.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Michael H. Bartlett" wrote:
>
>> Set up test company using live company data; ran the script referenced in
>> CustomerSource article ID#871973; can grant and remove user access in all
>> other companies; ran grantsql 9.2;  the dexsql log shows the user already
>> has access probably because of using the other company data for the test;
>> can set up a new user and grant them access, existing users who already
>> have
>> access can view the company...but, I cannot figure out how to grant
>> access
>> to the TEST company to an existing user.  The error popup reads "The user
>> could not be added to one or more databases."
>> Dynamics 9.0, SQL 2005 SP1
>> Users aren't stuck, they're happily working away in the live companies,
>> just
>> can't grant them access to the test company.
>> Any ideas would certainly be appreciated. A workaround would be to create
>> new users just for the TEST company but it still seems like there is
>> something wrong.

0
mbartlett (6)
6/28/2006 7:26:10 PM
You don't open a table. You have to go to the properties of the database
within the SQL management environment (I can't remember the new name.).
Delete all users but DYNSA and sa. Make sure DYNSA is the owner of the
database. Reassign the users within GP.

- Dynamics 9.0, SQL 2005.

> I think that's the procedure, I just don't know which table the users are
> in.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> > If you look in Enterprise Manager at the security, do the users show up in
> > the test database? You may need to drop the users from the test company
> > through Enterprise Manager and then use GP to grant access via the User
> > Access window.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Michael H. Bartlett" wrote:
> >
> >> Set up test company using live company data; ran the script referenced in
> >> CustomerSource article ID#871973; can grant and remove user access in all
> >> other companies; ran grantsql 9.2;  the dexsql log shows the user already
> >> has access probably because of using the other company data for the test;
> >> can set up a new user and grant them access, existing users who already
> >> have
> >> access can view the company...but, I cannot figure out how to grant
> >> access
> >> to the TEST company to an existing user.  The error popup reads "The user
> >> could not be added to one or more databases."
> >> Dynamics 9.0, SQL 2005 SP1
> >> Users aren't stuck, they're happily working away in the live companies,
> >> just
> >> can't grant them access to the test company.
> >> Any ideas would certainly be appreciated. A workaround would be to create
> >> new users just for the TEST company but it still seems like there is
> >> something wrong.

0
callen (2505)
6/28/2006 7:50:02 PM
That was easy- MS SQL Management Studio, expand the database, Security,
Users, delete the user and add in Dynamics User Access.

Thank you, I appreciate the help. I was looking in all the wrong places.

> You don't open a table. You have to go to the properties of the database
> within the SQL management environment (I can't remember the new name.).
> Delete all users but DYNSA and sa. Make sure DYNSA is the owner of the
> database. Reassign the users within GP.
>
> - Dynamics 9.0, SQL 2005.
>>
>> I think that's the procedure, I just don't know which table the users are
>> in.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
>> > If you look in Enterprise Manager at the security, do the users show up
>> > in
>> > the test database? You may need to drop the users from the test company
>> > through Enterprise Manager and then use GP to grant access via the User
>> > Access window.
>> > --
>> > Charles Allen, MVP

0
mbartlett (6)

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

test #6

users with restricted access

Office 2007 forms

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

no access to send internet email

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Data migration - Adventure Works

Test #32

XY Scatter Map with Test Labels
Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated in Excel? Thanks for any advice. Hi Mike, The easiest thing to do is use a free addin utility to allow you to link data labels to cells. Try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Mike K. wrote...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

unable to Delete shape
I am using Visio 2000 (6.01245), if i select a shape and press delete button on keyboard then shape dosent delete.Can anyone tell what is this problem.How can i resolve this problem. Kindly Help Asif Does object have gray boxes in corners when selected? If so, object has "protection". Menu/format/protection/uncheck/OK "Asif" <Asif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:289D3FD5-21DC-4584-9F0E-36CC56FF25B2@microsoft.com... >I am using Visio 2000 (6.01245), if i select a shape and press delete >button > on keyboard then shape dosent dele...

UNABLE TO FWD ITEMS TO DELETED ITEMS
Can't delete an item from the inbox or anywhere else except the DELETED box. Receive the error: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook. Last date known that could successfully delete items 12/12/03. Don't know what happened at the time as I was called in after the event. Have restarted Outlook - no luck. Checked Knowledge base - recommended installing SP1. As it already exists on ws,won't let me overide existing SP1. Possible causes as per Knowledge base not the causes in this instance. Does anyone have any suggestion...

Excel and Access
Hi All, I admit I am a complete novice on this aspect of using Excel. My requirement is as follows. I have an Access Database called nt1.mdb on drive D: in which there is one table (Table1) of data, indexed on column1 I wish to connect to this database and search the contents of Table1 for a value in column1 that has been entered into an Excel userform. The values of the other columns in Table1 should be returned if the value is found. How do I connect to the mdb, do the search and read the resulting values from the table? Any help gratefully received. Cheers There's sample ...