unable to generate voucher number

We are getting an error message everytime we open Payables, Transaction
Entry.  "Unable to generate voucher number".  You can't close the transaction
entry window, you can't delete or clear so we end up ctrl-alt-del to get out
of Dynamics.  We are running Dynamics GP 9.0.  Any one else ever run in to
this?  We have voucher numbers set up in the payables system, and the next
number to use seems valid.
--
grace

Grace,

You say "seems valid", have you verified this? Run the following query
against your database:

select * from pm00400 where cntrlnum = (select ntvchnum from pm40100)

If this query returns a value then you will need to run the following query
to correct:

select max(convert(int, cntrlnum)) + 1 from pm00400

This result is what you will need to enter in the PM Setup window padded by
the number of zeroes you are using currently on your voucher number string.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"graceinthegarden" wrote:

> We are getting an error message everytime we open Payables, Transaction
> Entry.  "Unable to generate voucher number".  You can't close the transaction
> entry window, you can't delete or clear so we end up ctrl-alt-del to get out
> of Dynamics.  We are running Dynamics GP 9.0.  Any one else ever run in to
> this?  We have voucher numbers set up in the payables system, and the next
> number to use seems valid.
> --
> grace
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
6/20/2008 9:48:00 PM
We have this happen every once in a while.  We do a lot of integrations of AP
invoices and for some reason the voucher numbers get set to an old number in
the Payables setup window.  Basically, I have to go find out what the next
voucher number needs to be by clicking on the magnifying glass (lookup)
screen on the Payables Transaction Entry screen and sort by the voucher
number.  Add one number to the voucher number and update the next Voucher
number in the Payables Setup screen.

To get out of the screen by not having to Ctrl-Alt-Delete, just have your
user select a different voucher using the magnifying glass (lookup).

"graceinthegarden" wrote:

> We are getting an error message everytime we open Payables, Transaction
> Entry.  "Unable to generate voucher number".  You can't close the transaction
> entry window, you can't delete or clear so we end up ctrl-alt-del to get out
> of Dynamics.  We are running Dynamics GP 9.0.  Any one else ever run in to
> this?  We have voucher numbers set up in the payables system, and the next
> number to use seems valid.
> --
> grace
0
Jav (134)
6/23/2008 3:24:09 PM
Grace,

Furthermore, have you checked to see if your AP voucher is padded with
enough zeroes so the voucher number can roll over adequately? For example if
your voucher number is set to 4 characters then the maximum number you can
have is 9999, the system will have issues rolling over to 10000 because the
voucher number was not define as a 5 character string.

Best regards,
--

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Grace,
>
> You say "seems valid", have you verified this? Run the following query
> against your database:
>
> select * from pm00400 where cntrlnum = (select ntvchnum from pm40100)
>
> If this query returns a value then you will need to run the following query
> to correct:
>
> select max(convert(int, cntrlnum)) + 1 from pm00400
>
> This result is what you will need to enter in the PM Setup window padded by
> the number of zeroes you are using currently on your voucher number string.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "graceinthegarden" wrote:
>
> > We are getting an error message everytime we open Payables, Transaction
> > Entry.  "Unable to generate voucher number".  You can't close the transaction
> > entry window, you can't delete or clear so we end up ctrl-alt-del to get out
> > of Dynamics.  We are running Dynamics GP 9.0.  Any one else ever run in to
> > this?  We have voucher numbers set up in the payables system, and the next
> > number to use seems valid.
> > --
> > grace
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Add best 3 of 4 numbers
Looking to add the best 3 of 4 numbers in a spreadsheet. Can not seem to figure out when all 4 of the numbers are the same. GE Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "GE" <GE@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7C3F6B2D-3EAA-40EA-BC9C-2FA1F19C2AE6@microsoft.com... > Looking to add the best 3 of 4 numbers in a spreadsheet. Can not seem to > figure out when all 4 of the numbers are the same. > > GE GE, Either Frank's =SUM(LARGE(A1:A4,{1,2,3})) or my =SUM(A1:A4) - MIN(A1:A4) will work in that case. HTH, Be...

unable to delete pop3 email
Hi, Our office uses a combination of Outlook 2003 and 2007, and while we have an Exchange server, too, several users share some POP3 mailboxes that are hosted off-site. When we originally set this up, I wanted to make sure that every user received every message, even if they were on vacation or out of the office for a while. So each copy of Outlook is set to "Leave a copy of messages on the server" and "Remove from server after 14 days", and I thought that would be the end of it. Earlier this week, one of the users told me she'd gotten a complaint that her associate...

Mail Merge and Access format of telephone number
I use mail merge for a directory using Access for my data. The telephone numbers that are formatted in Access (555) 642-5555 aren't retained but come in to merge as 555642555 so I have to go to each one and put in the (xxx) 666-666. Is there anything I can do to retain the Access format of the tele numbers??? -- Terry50 See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "terry50" <terry50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12784D...

TOC will not generate

Unable to receive email
I get this message when trying to access mail: Account: 'Dorothy Groce', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "SamG" <SamG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074163D2-0452-4B03-BDFC-4B9EDD7D4F83@microsoft.com... >I get this message when trying to access mail: > > Account: 'Dorothy Groce', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, > Server Response: '-ERR in...

Outlook 2003: Unable to Launch attached VCards (.vcf files)
I have a problem using Outlook 2003. Somehow I've disassociated VCards from whatever program it uses to open/view them. I tried reassociating the .vcf with just outlook, but that did not work properly. When I do this, and attempt to launch the attached .vcf file, it only opens another email message with another VCard attached, instead of showing me the contents of it. Can someone help me with associating .vcf files properly so I can open them again like I used to be able to ? I have already tried repairing/reinstalling Outlook in at least 5 different ways. No change has occure...

Copy parts of a number
If I have a cell with a digit 123,4567 - how can I copy the content of the cell to another cell with only two digits after the comma. In other words - I only want 123,45 to appear in the new cell. Is there any way to use a "round off" functionality? Well, I wonder if it is really a 'number'...? Seems to be text as written and if 123,4567 copied and pasted from the post to Excel it shows as 1,234,567. So pasted in a text formatted cell you can use =LEFT(A1,6) to return 123,45. HTH Regards, Howard "GeniE" <GeniE@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Trying to get phone numbers to synch to Outlook Tasks
I have added the phone number field (tried business, home and mobile) to my task view in Outlook. However when I sysnch from CRM, the phone number for the contact doesn't get populated. I can see it when I view the Contact details. I am doing this because CRM doesn't have an Activity View for tasks, phone calls, appointments etc, that allows you to show the phone number in the View! Any ideas? I'm thinking I will just have to create an Activity Report since CRM doesn't ship with one. ...

Counting number of previous days until Null
How could I count the number of previous days a record is present until I hit a null? For instance, if I wanted to know how many previous days in a row someone placed an order... > For instance, if I wanted to know how many previous days in a row > someone placed an order... see the post following yours. Vanderghast, Access MVP ...

unable to access exported address book
I have Windows XP. My address book has been emptied of all emails and I can't access the file containing all of my address book contacts. Please help!!!!! I have two identities in Outlook Express that each have different contacts in the address book. I wanted to export my address book from one identity to the other. I clicked File>Export>Choose program to export to...I chose Text file (Comma Separated Value)>Save exported file as .csv type. I saved it. I switched identities. Went to File>import>other address book>When I got to this part there was a pr...

user unable to deliver mail to us....
I was recently notified that one of our customers has been trying for the last two days to get an email to us (someone@truenorthloghomes.com) and they keep receiving an NDR. Why might an external user (domain is symaptico.ca) be unable to get mail to us? Could this be a potential problem with our Exchange server - or more likley a problem with our DNS provider or his provider? We have been receiving tons of external mail so I know that is working. What causes some email to bouce and other mail to be ok? Thanks, Brad Brad Pears wrote: > I was recently notified that one of our custome...

access 2007 what is the maximum number of printed pages allowed
"Robin C." <RobinC@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de noticias news:91A02207-D49C-44FC-B90D-305C2881C714@microsoft.com... > "Robin C." <RobinC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91A02207-D49C-44FC-B90D-305C2881C714@microsoft.com... > ...

Unable to view XML spreadsheet in excel 2000
Hi I have a server side XML file that is formatted via a XSL and genrated as a Excel file. I am able to view the formatted report in Office exce 2002 and higher. But when I downloade the report in my office 2000 excel all i am able to see if only the xml lines of code that has the attributes etc of each row to be displayed but it is not renderred in the formate as it is in 2002 or higher. I understand that there is the XML support for 2002 and higher. Given that we have user who have only excel 2000 are there any other work around (like installing a service pack etc. or plug in ) to...

How to copy custom number formats
Hello All I have a custom number format for a Excel Cell A1 which is #,##0.00 "CAD" and in A1 I now have a value 1000 CAD. I have assigned cell B1 as =A1 but an external application when the report is run populated now cell A1 as 20000 MXP and now my cell B1 says 20000 CAD and not 20000 MXP and when I check the format for B1 it still as the format as #,##0.00 "CAD" whereas now the format of my cell A1 is #,##0.00 "MXP" appears only the value and not the format is being copied. Can any of you suggest a workaround to resolve this problem. Many thanks Simon ...

Unable to open attachments #7
Office 2003 Professional XP Professional SP2 I have a end user, who have been experiencing an attachment error for the past couple of weeks. A message will displayed an Excel or PDF attachment with the e-mail, but when the user goes to open up that e-mail or click on the attachment, it would display an error "no object found" or something close to that sort. I would have the end user exit out of Outlook and relaunch, then he would be able to display the attachment. Only one user is having this problem, so it's not a global issue. I was wondering if anyone has experience...

Unable to remove sharing permission for object that has been delet
Hi, I am unable to remove sharing permission from user that has been deleted on Active directory. According to KB 896082, there is a hotfix for this issue which is covered on KB 904435. However there is a guidance in order to activate the hotfix for issue 896082. Could someone help me with this issue? Thanks Carrie Correction. In KB 904435, there is no instruction on how to manually activate hotfix 896082. Can someone help me ASAP? Thx, Carrie "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > I am unable to remove sharing permission from user that has been deleted on > Active direct...

counting number first entry on line
I have data on customers and want to count eh number of new customers each month Data look like Jason Morin supplied an answer to a different post. Sanford wrote: > > I have data on customers and want to count eh number of > new customers each month > Data look like -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

event 8507
I am trying to move a pretty big mailbox from one Exchange server to another. There seems to be several corrupted messages in the mailbox that stop the move and create the 8507 event entry in the source exchange server. I have been able to use the referenced subject line to find and delete the corrupted messages until now. The last move attempt cause the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Move Mailbox Event ID: 8507 Date: 4/15/2005 Time: 7:01:27 PM User: N/A Computer: Source Server Description: Unable ...

MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg.
Dear all, When one of our users opens her Outlook mailbox, she gets the following message: Rule: Server-Requested Client Action Error: MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I’ve tried to remove the Inbox rules using Mdbvu32: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320022 and Exmerge: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262482 but the problem still remains. Exchange 5.5 SP4, Outlook 2002. Anyone? Many thanks in advance, Olivier ...

How to edit Boot.ini on XP-Pro, if unable to load windows
Hello, Had to do a clean install from a USB drive, because the CD drive died on me. and now I need to edit the "Boot.ini" file. I just need to delete one line off of it. Can someone please point me to where I can find instructions on how I can accomplish this? I've been reading and found that they are not directly editable when on a NTFS volume. but also read that it is possible. but haven't been able to find good directions on how to do it. Thank you ***In2Ndo*** wrote: > Hello, > > Had to do a clean install from a USB drive, because the C...

date in the file generated from post closed batches from hq. rmsm
Hi, What controls the the date format in the gl export file produced by the post closed batches function (RMS 2 sp2)? A client currently has all machines set to Australian regional language settings and the database displays the date correctly in the batches table. i.e. dd/mm/yyyy I would have thought it would use the regional settings? It seems to convert this to US date formatting. Thank you Is this a fixed date field that is part of the post closed batches code? "JTR" wrote: > Hi, > > What controls the the date format in the gl export file produced by the pos...

Unable to Link a BOFA California Account
I'm trying to link my first bank account in Money 2007, and when I select Bank of America (California) from the list, I get a timeout and a message that "Account Setup is unavailable." Is there some special process required to link a California BOFA account to Money 2007? -- Will Are you referring to Direct Connect or MSN Money sync? The difference being your login info comes from B of A for Direct Connect. If it's MSN Money sync, just keep trying -- or add the account at MSN Moneycentral and it'll sync to your MS Money. If it's Direct Connect, for some ...

Entering a 16 digit number
I am creating an Excel worksheet and am trying to enter credit card numbers in one of the columns. When I enter the number, it automatically changes the last digit to a "0". How do I format the cells to accept a 16 digit number? Format as text or precede the entry with an apostrophe, excel has 15 digits precision but I assume you won't do any calculations with credit card number -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Tbird" <Tbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF7E2877-8F24-4F80-883D-30C9679151FE@microsoft.com... >I ...

How do I change the y-axis on an Excel chart from numbers to words
I am plotting numbers which represent an activity for a machine. I would like to substitute a description of the activity for the number on the chart. Does anyone know how to do this? I hope this answers your question: 1.Right click on the chart 2.Select 'Source Data' 3.Select the 'Series' tab 4.In 'Values', clear the box and select the list of words you want to appear on the Y axis (have this list written somewhere on a worksheet) 5.Click ok Was this what you were after? "WDGILBERT" wrote: > I am plotting numbers which represent an activity for a ...

Outlook Express-Unable to open links
After loading Norton System Worksw, I am unable to open links from within email. Removing Norton had no effect. When I try to open a link, I get a page with a blenk address line and a blank text box. Anybody got an idea? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microso...