un posted trx warning on GL year end run

We have a situation here as follows: When tried to Year end close 2007 on GL
after closing all relavant modules we received a warning message "A
single-use batch or quick journal transaction has not been posted yet. Do you
want to continue closing ?" We put our maximum effort to find any pending trx
that of year 2007 but without success.

On a test basis we override the above warning and ran the year end
procedure. When finished we find out that 3 multi-currency transactions are
effected on the retained earnings account (debited 3 trx and the same amount
included as credit together with profit) and BBF to year 2008.

FRANCIS JOHN
francisjk@hotmail.com
0
francisjk (19)

Francis,

Please reply with the results for each one of these queries.

-- query 1
select * from gl10000 where trxdate <= '12/31/2007'

-- query 2
select * from gl10100 where trxdate <= '12/31/2007'

-- query 3
select * from sy00500 where (glpostdt <= '12/31/2007' or creatddt
<='12/31/2007') and series = 2

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"francisjk" wrote:

> We have a situation here as follows: When tried to Year end close 2007 on GL
> after closing all relavant modules we received a warning message "A
> single-use batch or quick journal transaction has not been posted yet. Do you
> want to continue closing ?" We put our maximum effort to find any pending trx
> that of year 2007 but without success.
>
> On a test basis we override the above warning and ran the year end
> procedure. When finished we find out that 3 multi-currency transactions are
> effected on the retained earnings account (debited 3 trx and the same amount
> included as credit together with profit) and BBF to year 2008.
>

> FRANCIS JOHN
> francisjk@hotmail.com
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Front-end servers and DMZ
Pardon the double post, but I was hoping someone would help me on this forum. ====================== I have a setup Exch 2K3 as a front-end server that I'd like to handle OWA and Internet based SMTP traffic for my users. This server will be placed in our company's DMZ. My questions are: a) Are there any ports other that SMTP, DNS, and HTTP that need to be allowed to travel from the DMZ to the internal network for the front-end server to be able to handle OWA and SMTP? b) Does this server have to be a member server of our AD domain and does the Exchange server have to be a membe...

Bank Rec void check date s/b same as GL void date
When voiding a check in the payables management module and the Void date and Posting date are changed from the original check date, Bank reconciliation should recognize that void date instead of the original check date as the voided date. Please refer to Knowledgebase Article 857704 to see how Ban Rec handles the date of a void check. If a check is voided in Payables Mgmt on a different date than the original date, and bank rec uses the original date trying to reconcile to the general ledger is a problem because the adjusted bank book balance is different than the GL balance becuase th...

General Ledger - General Posting Journal
On the General Posting Journal Printed Report (print JE's), how do I add a column on the printed report to show the Distribution Reference (next to the account description)? Example: Journal Transaction Transaction Audit Trail Entry Type Reference Code 2,083 Standard Adj Aug Interest GLTRX0000318 Account Description **DISTRIBUTION REFERENCE** Debit Credit 000-1000-000 Interest Exp Book interest to actual xx xx ...

Offline post-callouts?
Hello, We're using a post-callout to add some business logic to the MS CRM, but now we want that business logic available to the Outlook client when working offline as well. We've installed the COM+ component on a test client, and registered it with CRM, and it gets called at the appropriate time, but it doesn't work: the component blocks when trying to create a CRM object (e.g. BizUser). An alternative would be to access the local MSDE datastore directly, but we can't figure out how to do that (we always get "connection refused"). We're unable to find any docu...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

SP2 Post-Installation Problem
I have just updated our exchange server 2003 to SP2 and have now lost the ability to send and receive any mail - either internally across the network, or externally. Any e-mails sent from outlook clients simply reamin in the outbox and refuse to move. All services seem to be running ok. Can anyone offer any help or pointers for which direction I need to look in ? Thanks I guess you already tried reboot? SkySurfer wrote: > I have just updated our exchange server 2003 to SP2 and have now lost the > ability to send and receive any mail - either internally across the network, > or ...

Payroll Posting Accounts #5
v9.0 / SQL2000 When you have the payroll posting accounts set up, how does GP know where to post transactions to, if only 2 of the 3 segments match? We have our accounts set up according to the following examples: ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING > SALARY ACCOUNTING > ALL > SALARY ALL > ACCOUNTING > ALL ALL > ALL > ALL Say if an employee had a transaction, and only the first 2 of the 3 segments match (ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING) Where would GP post the transaction amounts ? ...

outlook running on XP Pro in workgroup mode prompts for password on exchange 2003
we have a windows 2000 network with exchange 2000 local user are members of the domain, remote offices connect via Lan to Lan VPN with 5 or more computers running in workgroup mode. The users in the workgroup have local accounts on there XP pc that match the domain username/password. Currently they local to the exchange server with any issues. Outlook passes there username/password to the exchange server and logs then on. I have added a windows 2003 server and promoted it to a backup ADS server, added another windows 2003 server as a member server. Installed Exchange 2003 SP2. Move all the lo...

annoying security warning
I have a mdb on the server. when a user click on the shortcut to the mdb they get an annoying security warning message. Is there any way to suppress this message? Tools>Macro>Security. Set security level to low. Will Sellers wrote: >I have a mdb on the server. when a user click on the shortcut to the mdb >they get an annoying security warning message. >Is there any way to suppress this message? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com The macro security warning We have 40 teachers each with office 2003 installed. I agree that lowering the macro security leve...

OIS.EXE what is it, how to end process
computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. A quick google for ois.exe gives you the answer. "ArizonaBoy" <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com... : computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows : OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. In news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com, ArizonaBoy <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: >...

Receive a warning on mailbox acces
Hello everybody, i'm looking for a trigger that send me a warning/alert (or excute a process) whenever someone tries to access a single mailbox on my exchange 2000. Could you suggest me something ? Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:59:50 +0100, "ciccio72" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello everybody, >i'm looking for a trigger that send me a warning/alert (or excute a process) >whenever someone tries to access a single mailbox on my exchange 2000. >Could you suggest me something ? >Thanks in advance. > Use something quick and free like LogA...

Running a .bat file with spaces in the path.
I am trying to run a .bat file from a macro. The shell command works okay most of the time - but I cannot seem to make it work if there is a space in the path. (So, running C:\Apps\BFIle.bat works, but not C:\My Apps\BFile.bat) As the .bat file I want to run will change, I want to enter the path in a cell, and then run the macro with a button. This means simply enteing the path in double quotation marks in the Shell command will not work. BFile = Range("A2").Value i = Shell (BFile, 1) Any ideas? Odd that a space is giving you a problem. This works for me whether the path has a ...

Warning when saving XML Spreadsheet 2003 with Excel 2007
I'm using Excel 2007 to edit an XML Spreadsheet 2003 file. Every time I save the file it pops up a warning dialog saying that some features may not be supported. I know I'm not using any features that the XML Spreadsheet doesn't support so is there any way to disable the warning? It's very annoying. And would be even more annoying if the saved the file only to find some features had been lost The computer is a tool ; users have to do the work best wishes Bernard "Ken Paulson" <ken@drunkenhyena.com> wrote in message news:uO0QlBgoKHA.404...

beginning balance historical year
I am entering beginning balances in General Transactions Entry window for the previous year 2003. The year is marked as a historical year and I am using the last day from the historical year as the transaction date. When printing the edit list, the Batch Total Actual is the sum of the debit and credit entries from the source document. When looking at the edit list, all the entries are printed twice, while I have entered them only once, and the total per debit and credit entries also is double. When printing a historical Trial Balance the totals are o.k. Where the double entries are coming...

Report Total Broker Commissions for year
Hi: I can't seem to figure out how to get a report on my investments with a broker how much I paid them in commissions for the year. I entered the commission with each buy or sell transaction from the confirmation statement from the broker so I know the data is there. -- Betty In microsoft.public.money, Betty wrote: > > >I can't seem to figure out how to get a report on my investments with a >broker how much I paid them in commissions for the year. I entered the >commission with each buy or sell transaction from the confirmation statement >from the broker s...

Download an Entire Year of Bank Account Tansactions
Hi, I can't find a way to get Money to download my Wachovia checking account transactions for the entire year. My husband originally setup Money, so I do not know how he performed the download. Anyway, I need this information so that when I have my income tax return prepared for 2008, my information will be accurate. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Meave wrote: > Hi, > > I can't find a way to get Money to download my Wachovia checking > account transactions for the entire year. My husband originally setup > Money, so I do not know how he performed the downl...

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

Date range in months from month and year fields
In our database we track consultants work dates in four seperate fields, starting month, starting year, ending month, ending year. Is there anyway to calculate the range of months they have worked with this set up? So if someone started March 2004 and ended July 2007 is there a formula to calculate the 40 months they worked? DateDiff("m",[starting month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [starting year],[ending month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [ending year]) "monkeycr84" wrote: > In our da...

test post
Testing my ability to Post. ...

At my wits end OWA and Public Folders
I have exchange 2k3. OWA works in both basic and premium. When I try to view the public folders in premium mode it sits or hangs at "updating view". If I go in through basic then I can view hte public fodlers immediately and see the calendars. When i try to post a new appointment it gives me an error 61 in IE saying object expected. I have checked all teh permissions...and updated IE as best I can...any suggestions? Thanks ...

why getting event 9551 warnings?
I thought that when you switched to native mode (which we have) that these problems with zombie ACL's went away. Why are we still getting these errors? (running Exch 2003 SP1) Thx, J. ...

Money 2006, QFX & 2 Years Online Services
I am thinking about moving from Quicken 2002 to Mny 2006. My Banks provide QFX files. The way I've been using these is to logon to their web sites directly, download and save the qfx files, then double-click on them to open Quicken and import. I've tested opening the files with Mny06 and it seems to work ok. So, will I be able to continue doing this even after the 2 years of online services expire? I don't seem to be using any of their services with what I do. Thanks very much. Yes, you will. you just won't get the msn updates like quotes and automatic downloads. "pl...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

running external program, waiting for completion
I'm trying to start an external utility from a C++ program, but I'm having some problems I've tried various approaches, but all seem to suffer from the same problem: I can start the utility but if I try to wait for it to exit, then I'll wait forever (& the utility never seems to start running). One example: SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = {0}; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL; ShExecInfo.lpVerb = _T("open"); ShExecInfo.lpFile = "c:\\xxx\\yyy\\zzz.exe"; ShExecInfo.lpPar...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...