Uable to connect to the home page metrics URL

I have GP2010 installed with SQL 2008.  When I am in Report Manager I can see
the SQL reports for the different modules.  I do not have a folder for Charts
and KPI for the company.  When I go to select the metrics I am receiving the
following error "Unable to connect to the home page metrics URL"  How do I
create these Charts and KPIs to be seen on the home page metrics?

Thanks,
Amy

Amy,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.  What version of SQL is your reporting
services instance?  To use the new GP 2010 charts and kpis, you'll need SQL
2008.  (The Dynamics GP datastore need not be SQL 2008, only the reporting
services instance.)

Thanks
Rob

--
Rob Bernhardt
Software Quality Assurance

"Amy" wrote:

> I have GP2010 installed with SQL 2008.  When I am in Report Manager I can see
> the SQL reports for the different modules.  I do not have a folder for Charts
> and KPI for the company.  When I go to select the metrics I am receiving the
> following error "Unable to connect to the home page metrics URL"  How do I
> create these Charts and KPIs to be seen on the home page metrics?
>
> Thanks,
> Amy
I do have SQL 2008 SQL and reporting services.  I can see all the reporting
services reports in Report Manager I just cannot see the ones for Charts and
KPIs.  Why?

"Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]" wrote:

> Amy,
>
> Thanks for using the newsgroups.  What version of SQL is your reporting
> services instance?  To use the new GP 2010 charts and kpis, you'll need SQL
> 2008.  (The Dynamics GP datastore need not be SQL 2008, only the reporting
> services instance.)
>
> Thanks
> Rob
>

> --
> Rob Bernhardt
> Software Quality Assurance
> Microsoft Business Solutions

> "Amy" wrote:
>
> > I have GP2010 installed with SQL 2008.  When I am in Report Manager I can see
> > the SQL reports for the different modules.  I do not have a folder for Charts
> > and KPI for the company.  When I go to select the metrics I am receiving the
> > following error "Unable to connect to the home page metrics URL"  How do I
> > create these Charts and KPIs to be seen on the home page metrics?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Amy
I am using SQL 2008 Reporting Services.  I can see all the Sql reports in
Report Manager except for the Charts and KPIs.  Need to know why the Charts
and KPIs are not showing up.  Since I cannot see them in Report Manager I
cannot use the metrics.  Any idea why I can't see these reports?
Amy

"Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]" wrote:

> Amy,
>
> Thanks for using the newsgroups.  What version of SQL is your reporting
> services instance?  To use the new GP 2010 charts and kpis, you'll need SQL
> 2008.  (The Dynamics GP datastore need not be SQL 2008, only the reporting
> services instance.)
>
> Thanks
> Rob
>

> --
> Rob Bernhardt
> Software Quality Assurance
> Microsoft Business Solutions

> "Amy" wrote:
>
> > I have GP2010 installed with SQL 2008.  When I am in Report Manager I can see
> > the SQL reports for the different modules.  I do not have a folder for Charts
> > and KPI for the company.  When I go to select the metrics I am receiving the
> > following error "Unable to connect to the home page metrics URL"  How do I
> > create these Charts and KPIs to be seen on the home page metrics?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Amy

how do I make a calendar from 9/05 to 6/06 on one page?
I am having trouble creating a one page calendar with dates from 9/05 to 6/06. When I try to change the dates on the calendar I can only change the months on a "one month per page" calendar. This would create 10 pages (10 months). How do I make it on one page? Thanks you in advance. Find the calendar you like, change the date range from Sept. 05 to June 06, Publisher will create 10 pages, click yearly. Publisher will re-create two pages, ungroup, delete the unwanted months on page one, re-arrange the months from page two. It is the only way I know. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP...

Sort & Page Setup Question
Hopefully this is the correct forum for my question/problem. I am trying to create a songbook that includes both an Artist Name (Column A) and Song Title (Column B). What I would like to do is have the artist name column continue on the same page in a third column (Column C) and the song title column continue in a fourth column (Column D). So, as an example, Artist Names beginning with "A" run down the first colum and continue alphabetically in the third column and then start on the second page in the first column and so on. The best way I can describe the format I want is...

Problem connecting Win XP SP2 to exchange server
I am trying to connect outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2 (rtm) computer to an Exchange 2003 server. The computer is not part of the domain so I get a login screen when I am trying to connect to the server via Outlook. The problem is that I am using the correct user/pass but it still does not connect. When I am trying to access a shared drive on the exchange server from this computer I am using the same user/pass and it allows me to access the drive. Any idea how to solve it ? Thanks for your time ra294@hotmail.com "ra294" <ra294@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am trying to connect...

File Mark on between pages 1 & 4 on 1 sheet, 4 page booklet
Hello All, I am using Publisher 2003 and I have a problem. We are taking multipage page Publisher documents and printing as a booklet. It works really well. However, these docs require a filing mark (some geometric shape that allows the filers to identify batches when they are folded) between pages 1 and 4 or, looking at it another way, in the middle of the sheet 1. The problem is that pages 1 and 4 are not adjacent in a two-page view, so it doesn't work to simply place the filing mark in between the two pages. It worked on pages 2 and 3, because they are adjacent. Anybody has exp...

Upgrade Issue with Home-Student 2007
I have upgrade issues with PURCHASED suites... I recently purchased a Windows 7 Laptop, and UNINSTALLED the TRIAL version of Home-Student 2007, since I OWN the Small Biz Version and the laptop had WORKS latest version included. I tried to load my UPGRADE version of MS Office Small Business Edition 2007 (which said that it would upgrade over any version of MS Works). It did NOT recognize the Works version on a 1 month old laptop... I then loaded a PURCHASED version of Home-Student 2007 (special pricing when I bought the laptop), but was not connected to the internet so I cou...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

If I have more than 4 pages in a folded newsletter, how do I set .
Is there a way to set up the page numbering to print a folded newsletter on 11x17 paper with 8 pages? This may work. My printer doesn't accept 11"x17" paper so I can't verify. Also; I use Publisher 2000 File Pint setup Select paper size of 11"x17" File Page setup Special Fold Book Fold Width: 8.5" Height: 11" Landscape OK Yes when it asks if you want 4 pages. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Harry C" <HarryC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10194347-C56D-4F69-BB18-9B8D77EB110A@microsoft.com... > Is th...

Help: How do I undim tags? I created a summary page and deleted it
Hello everybody, I created a summary page in one of my notebooks and (as usual) OneNote dimmed the tags occuring in the summary page in the other pages. However, I accidentally did this in the wrong notebook. After deleting the summary page, the tags remain dimmed. Even worse, I can't remove them by clicking on the tag button. I know that I can make them appear on a summary page by setting the right preference, but that is application-wide and I don't want this to happen in other notebooks. Is there any way to undim tags on a page? thanks! PS: I know that I n...

WOW foreclosures MILLION DOLLAR homes
--_NextPart_00009751-000022BE-007AFEA4-1635 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit WOW I just found this site www.a1yes.com/foreclosures about making a MILLION DOLLARS with Property the guy made a MILLION DOLLARS in 3 months www.a1yes.com/foreclosures I just have to join to learn how he did it --_NextPart_00009751-000022BE-007AFEA4-1635-- ...

How can I monitor open database connections?
I need to resolve some issues with a website which is leaving database connections open, according to the hosting company! The ASP code is quite extensive, and it's going to be quite a job trawling through it. Is is possible to see a count of the open database connections? That way I could monitor this while using the website, to pinpoint the pages that are leaving open connections. Would connection pooling leave open connections, even though they are closed in code? Thanks in advance. Doug You can query the database to see how many active connections there are. But ASP normally uses...

URL links under Calendar are not seen as HTML links
Dear, Any way to make all the URL links under the calendar to be directly accessible? They all appear as regular TEXT section (so no way to clik directly on the links, I have to make a cut&past onto the web browser). Thanks, yves Hi Yves, there's a trick that works anywhere in Entourage; if a URL is not displayed as an active hyperlink, simply hold down the Cmd key and click on the URL. Doing so will tell Entourage that the text you have just clicked on is a URL, and it will pass it on to your default browser. On 06/12/09 20:55, in article C741CAAD.E8B%yves-lou...

Change Pivot Table Data-Source Connection
I have a fairly huge Pivot Table which source's its data from a SQL Server ODBC connection. I need to change this connection but keep the pivot table - I can't seem to do this. When I click on Pivot table, then the back button to show the list of tables, it won't allow me to go back another time to re-choose the actual ODBC connection? Is this possible? My last resport is to re-create the whole Pivot table again, but I'm trying to avoid this...... Thanks Ben ...

Set Application Page permissions in WSS 3.0
Example: Using the HelpDesk template, how can I apply permissions to Service Rep and Mgr Home pages? TIA! -JS ...

Adding Deposits into Bills Page
Ok, so I just downloaded the Money 2007 Essentials. I have been using an acient version of Money (98 I believe). In the old version it was very easy to add in upcoming deposits like you would an upcoming bill to mangage my budget. I have worked on this for hours and I cannot figure out to add an upcoming deposit into the bills section of Money 2007. If someone could please send me step by step how to add an upcoming deposit, I would appreciate it. Thanks. 1) Essentials is NOT a new name for Money Standard. Essentials is a totally useless program. You want Money Deluxe as the simp...

Caption Numbering connected with various heading styles
I am working on a document with many (100+) figures with captions that are located in various chapters, sections and subsections. I don't have a problem numbering the caption automatically with the appropriate heading level but when I adjust the caption heading level in the caption dialog box (e.g. from H3 to H4) all of my previously created H3 headings are changed to H4 level headings. In shorter documents I have simply gone back and adjusted the \s 4 to \s 3 (or as appropriate) after completing the document but that is getting rather tedious with the large number of figures...

Copy Page Breaks #2
Thanks Dave, I have been manually setting the page breaks on eac worksheet. I was hoping for a way to set them on the first sheet an then copy those breaks to all remaining sheets in one step. I hav tried to find a way but obviosly I was unsuccessful, I was hopin someone with more experince would know of a way. I am pretty sure VB would be the only way. If copying isn't an option then would it be possible to create a macr that would allow me to insert the rows where I wanted page breaks an the loop through all the worksheets? I am picturing a message box tha would ask for the rows ...

Page Orientation #2
Can a portrait and a landscape page be in 1 publisher doc? lopez9044 <lopez9044@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can a portrait and a landscape page be in 1 publisher doc? Nope. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher The work-a-round is rotate the contents of the page 90�. -- Don Vancouver USA "lopez9044" <lopez9044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4E5ED72-87FE-49A1-B6B4-8FD168023A9C@microsoft.com... > Can a portrait and a landscape page be in 1 publisher doc? Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free...

Unable to connect to server #2
I can receive messages but when I try to send I get "unable to connect to server"?? ...

CRM Laptop Client Connection Issue
Recently we registered ASP.Net2 on IIS in order to install a custom ASP.Net2 application on a CRM machine... Afterwards all sorts of problems occured of which we couldn't connect to CRM anymore. So we figured out that it could be an ASPNet version issue because we found that the main Web Site and sub sites like Microsoft CRM 3.0 now were using ASP.Net v2, so we changed these from properties, and we changed the master Web Site from the Properties > Virtual Directory Configuration to point to the Framework 1.4 rather than 2.0. Now, we managed to get CRM back to work and we are a...

Programming a TOC to have page counts (not page location)
Here is what I am trying to accomplish using Word 2007 and XP: I want to create a TOC with the Title and Individual Section Page Counts using separate Individual Files to look like this: Section No. Title No. of Pages 200500 General Provisions 5 200505 Project Closeout and Start-up 10 Information: • The section number and title are the file names (i.e. 2000500 General Provisions.doc) and are also included in the beginning of each document as well as a title (with a set style). • All files are located in the same folder. Here is the current macro I am working with that was...

Compatibility Win2K, XP Home, XP Pro
Hi Folks, I have an MFC application running on XP Home but not on XP Pro (the application crashes at launch time). If I change the application "Property/Compatibility" and set it to compatible with Win2000 that works fine. Development platform: VC++ 6, SP5 running on XP Home 1. Is there a way to set programmatically the executable compatibility before building the application? 2. What kind of function can cause this problem? Is it linked to MFC version? Thanks in advance, Seb >I have an MFC application running on XP Home but not on XP Pro (the >application crashes at la...

How do I setup a header in Excel that prints only on first page?
I've created an Excel spreadsheet with a header. The spreadsheet prints on 5 pages. I want the header to print on pg 1 but not pgs 2-5. Is this possible? Currently the header is a custom header and prints on every page. I'd prefer fot he header to print on pg 1 only..... You'll probably need to remove the header info from the header, an insert one (or however many you need) rows above the top of your "pag 1 content", and put the header info there. Decrease the top margin o the page accordingly. This should do it for you. I know of no "simple" way to ...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt #2
Hi When sending an email to an external email account, the email gets stuck with the above error. The domain name is inchltd.co.uk. I can send ok to it via hotmail, but just not from my server. I have tried to telnet onto it, but I cant. I am running SBS2003. Hope you can help. Scott It must be a network connection issue. You can start with checking your DNS server first and see if the it can resolve the remote domain correctly. If yes, you will need to check your outbound/proxy server to see if there's any problem. "Scott Reading" <ScottReading@discussions.microsoft...

Go to Page 1
Hi! I have a main form with TabCtl with 10 pages. In this main form I have one combo to choose record. I woul like when click in combo oblige go to Page 1 of this record. Is it possible, please? Thanks in advance. an Hopefully this will help you. http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread615446.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "an" wrote: > Hi! > > I have a main form with TabCtl with 10 pages. > In this main form I have one combo to choose record. > I woul like when click in combo oblige go to Page 1 of this record. > Is it possible, please? > Thanks ...