truncation of customer fields

I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for
customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is
there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could
I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would
that work or is there a more elegant solution?

Thank You for any info.
0
2020 (110)

Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one
of the address fields is one solution.  You could also use extender fields
but it is difficult with IM.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"2020" wrote:

> I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for
> customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is
> there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could
> I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would
> that work or is there a more elegant solution?
>
> Thank You for any info.
0
info4071 (3005)

Task exporting and missing fields
I am currently trying to get the following fields to export from the Task items into an Excel spreadsheet or even a .csv for that matter. Subject, % Complete, Created Date, Due Date, Date Completed, Owner, Requested by. I can get 4 of the 7 fields to export, but am unable to export the others. I have defined them in my views so they are visible. When I try to define custom mappings, I am unable to see 'Owner, Requested by, Created Date' fields in order to map them. I have tried following the KB#236903 with no success and I am unable to find the field names on the list pro...

Customized Promotions
We are currently evaluating RMS and finding it very nice and easy to use. I am looking for resources on how to build customized promotions that will integrate with RMS. Can anyone help me out where to find there resources? Thanks mymobile wrote: > We are currently evaluating RMS and finding it very nice and easy to use. I > am looking for resources on how to build customized promotions that will > integrate with RMS. Can anyone help me out where to find there resources? > Thanks Hi, what's a customized promotions?? Or what you understanded for customized promotions?? ...

Access 2007-Create Custom Menu
Hello, I've been searching all day and is still unable to find what I'm looking for. I was upgraded to 2007 and have converted my Access 2003 database. I figured out how to customize (using XML, go me) the Ribbon to only display the tools I want the users to use, but for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to add a menu to it. For example, I want to have a menu that lists a bunch of reports. This is the code for my Ribbon: <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"> <ribbon startFromScratch="tru...

Dynamics 9 upgrade and field service error in utilities
I am following the upgrade instruction to the tee. I installed version 9 on the server to a new location, launhed utilities, then cancelled, in order to install SP #2. I now launch utilities and in the product validation, I get an error in 1 of our 15 databases: Unable to get extended version info for product 949 (field service). We don't use this, nor did I install this. Why is it trying to update a product we do not use, nor did I select during the 9.0 install? ...

Import Customization Bug?
I've been trying to get our production crm server and my test crm server both on the same page as far as customizations, and I think I've found a bug. For various reasons, we changed the name of the account entity to household and the name of the contact entity to account. When I tried to import these customizations all at once I got an error that the entity name has already been used, please use a unique name. So instead I imported everything but the account(formerly contact) entity and checked to make sure they all came over as they were supposed to and they did. Account was...

Queue Custom Views
This is reaching but is it possible to change the main Grid of the Queue? It only displays Title, Entered Queue, and Type. We are trying to utlize a workflow that kicks out a service activity to various queues when an case is created and need to display more columns describing the activity. Thanks! Did you ever get this figured out as I need to do the same? -- Dennis "MDV1457" wrote: > This is reaching but is it possible to change the main Grid of the Queue? It > only displays Title, Entered Queue, and Type. We are trying to utlize a > workflow that kicks out ...

Default value for a field in the create form
Hi all, It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? Thanks, Hugo You can default a picklist value with out of the box customization but that's it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? > >Thanks, >Hugo > > >. > ...

Turn Off the Right-Click Customize option?
I am using Access2003 and, I need to turn off the Right-Click Customize option on my toolbars. I was told I could use /runtime in the command line and it would turn off the Right-Click option. But it didn't work. Any suggestions? On Jun 26, 10:25 am, Anoymous <Anoym...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Access2003 and, > I need to turn off the Right-Click Customize option on my toolbars. > I was told I could use /runtime in the command line and it would turn off > the Right-Click option. But it didn't work. > > Any suggestions? Look around your s...

Report Writer Conditional Field Question
I should know the answer to this but my head is working on a different problem at the moment. In Report Writer, on a SOP Blank Invoice, I want to conditionally show the SOP_Line_Work_PrimaryShipToAddressCode ONLY when it is not equal to 'Primary' or 'Ship To'. In essence, I need to show the SOP Line Level Address when it's an outlier from their two standard address codes. I built a conditional field in RW that checks for Primary and returns blank ("") or the address. Works great. But now I need to add an OR condition and I'm stuck. I can't seem to be able...

Password Protecting Fields
I want signature blocks on my form only accessible to the person who signed in. I have user level security so the person must sign in to have access to the form but beyond that I only want that person to be able to fill his/her name in, in their spot only to show agreement - electronic signature. I have this on one form but cant duplicate it on the second. This is what was used on the first - as best I can tell. Private Sub Signature_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim Response As String Response = InputBox("Enter Password", "Password Required") If Resp...

Problem printing to a custom size paper?
I need to print onto an 8 x8 paper. I added the paper size to the printer properties - but the size does not show up when I select paper size in the print option of the document. Does anyone else have this problem? After setting the paper size in the Printer Setup, set the size in the Page Setup, Special Size. -- Don Vancouver USA "Laurvil" <Laurvil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81ED7207-489B-48A9-AA43-FDD5FA65E944@microsoft.com... >I need to print onto an 8 x8 paper. I added the paper size to the printer > properties - but the size does not ...

How to get the Mouse Up event for a custom activeX control ?
Hi, I am using MFC and an activeX control.. I am putting my activeX control on the form.. Now, I want to have the mouse up event for this control... like if user presses mouse key anywhere on the control and leaves that key, i want to capture that event... So, is there any way to get that using MFC... ?? Please help me.. ===== Regards, Jigar Mehta If your control is in MFC, you should get the event as you normally would using the right macros. Your control should fire an event if you are trying to capture it outside the control (host). ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Hiding columns and custom views problem
Hello: I have defined 6 views in modules that define views. The views are simply hiding or showing columns based on a value in a hidden row. These columns are also grouped in outlines. I am having issues with one of the views which is spitting out the "can't move objects off sheet" error. I already have code in the workbook that autosets the "size with cells" property of inserted comments. Are there some caveats with hiding/showing columns which are grouped? Are there limits to the number of columns that can be manipulated in this way? My sheet has 150 colum...

find and replace data in a yes/no field
How do you find and replace a Yes/No field? I want to find all no entries and globally replace them with a yes entry. Any assistance is deeply appreciated. Write a query UPDATE MyTable SET MYyesno = Yes WHERE MYyesno = No; The where clause is unnecessary if every row has a value, since you'll be making them all True anyway. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Frank" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:BvoPi.155$Q6.102@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > > How do you find and replace ...

De-Duping Customer Records
Hi, I'm new to the system but searched in the Help as well as this newsgroup. We have several customers that have called in and the clerk did not check for a previous record, created a new one. Now I have many many customers with duplicate records but not the purchase history. Is there a way to de-dupe the records and keep the history? -- Thanks,Jan There are no tools for this built into the system. This can be done, but it may be painful. If you are doing On-Account Tenders, it will be especially painful, as you will need to merge both the purchase history and account activ...

Custom user function sheet recalculate problem #2
Hi All, I have a custom user function called in many cells in my spreadshee much like -=getdata(ref1,ref2)- which works great! Within this functio a call is made to an SQL database to retrieve one piece information an return it to the spreadsheet. Althought it seems really quick for on cell its obviously a major overhead for many cells. Currently 100 cell updates takes about 15 secs which is actually not bad when it happening only once. However we will run large and complicate spreadsheets with perhaps many times more data being refreshe regularly in different ways. What I want to achive ...

Autocomplete Custom Functions and functions arguments
Hi, I have custom functions in VBA. I want Excel to show the Autocomplete options as the Microsoft Office Excel displays below the cell a dynamic drop-down list of valid functions, names, and text strings that match the letters or trigger. Also, I want to make the arguments be shown automatically For example, to make clear what i want On pressing =sum for example ( excel automatically shows Sum(Number1, [Number2],...) to help the user on the arguments So, I want my custom function also show the same. Thanks for your reply to may question and the response. On May 20, 5:15=A0pm, ...

Adding argument description to custom functions
Hi does anyone knows how to add description to custom functions' arguments so that a description of each argument can be displayed in the formula palette? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ VBA functions don't support text descriptions in the Function wizard. You can look at the information Laurent Longre has posted on his site about this: http://longre.free.fr/english/func_cats.htm Newer addin that supports this: http://longre.free.fr...

Custom dictionary editing not available in Outlook 98 & 2000
I have found that only users with admin rights can get the "edit custom dictionary" button to work within Tools > Options > Spelling in Outlook 98 or Outlook 2000 (the only versions that I have been able to review. Is this the case? I can't find a KB article about it. ...

user defined fields
Cards-Sales-Customer, in lower left hand corner of the Customer Maintenance screen there are two user defined fields. one of our users would like to have User Defined 1 changed to "Tax ID/SS #". She should have been able to do this after looking at her user rights to "Tools-Customize-modifier" and "cards-Sales- Customer". loged in as "sa" and was not able to modify that same window. All I get is a greyed out Modifier / modify current window. ideas? Try going to Cards / Sales / Receivables and click on the Options tab. You will notice the...

how do I get the result of a numeric field to display in alphabet.
alphabetically instead of numbers such as 1,000 (one thousand) where you would state the field code twice but apply a switch to change the number to the alphabetical number. -- Deborah Corff Use the \*Cardtext switch in the field code. For information about its use, read the "Number formats" section of http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:57:25 -0700, Daysur...

Contact extension field should allow more than 4 characters
Many telephone number extensions are longer than 4 digits. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3968b145-8fb4-4b50-ba85-15e0b169505a&dg=microsoft.public.gre...

Incorrect date in creation date field
I am having an issue when creating a template I am trying to use the date field called creation date but when it is inerted into the document it shows an incorrect date? For example the file was created and saved on May 26, 2006 but the creation date field show November 26, 2002. Has anyone else seen this problem? ...

Parameterized constructor and const fields in MFC/COM??
I am creating "MFC AppWizard(Dll) with Automation" in VC++ 6.0, We are in the process of developing COM wrapper equivalent to java library for windows developers. I am not able to find following equivalents of java in COM - Defining Constant fields(as only interface is exposed, can we declare const fields in interface??) - Defining and calling parameterizing constructor Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bhavesh. Hi, Actually, the question is not related to MFC. Though see below... "Bhavesh" wrote: > I am creating "MFC AppWizard(Dll) with Automation&qu...