Trial Balance Report Error

I am trying to print a detailed trial balance out of Financial.  I am
getting the following error message:

Error in equation ****ILLEGAL SYNTAX*** found]:

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Angie

0
angelam1 (36)

Did this error just start?  Have there been any recent customizations
to the report?

Try logging out of GP and back in and see if that resolves the issue.
If there haven't been any customizations, it's likely a communications
error.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
3/3/2008 3:26:44 PM
I have this same issue with one user, unfortunately my direct manager.  He
gets this when running a Billing Activity Report.  There are some mods to the
forms.  He has a localized install.  When he uses the term serv. I've setup
for basically all other users, lots of Macs, he dosen't get this error.

Is there somewhere I can look to find something like Effective Permissions
in GP?

Thanks,
Todd

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote:

> Did this error just start?  Have there been any recent customizations
> to the report?
>
> Try logging out of GP and back in and see if that resolves the issue.
> If there haven't been any customizations, it's likely a communications
> error.
>

> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
sorensent (15)

Error in the equation?
I am relatively new to using excel so here is my problem. I am trying t set the B column to show the result of this equation: =C/25+D2+E10+F6 After I press enter I recieve the message "The formula contains a error, click ok to return to the equation and correct it." I click o and C is highlighted. I've tried to search the help data base for wha I'm doing wrong and found no help. So I came here. :) Am I just going about the process of entering an equation wrong? I wan B to show the result of that equation and obviously I'd enter th numbers for C, D, etc. in their respect...

Inactive Employee on Precheck Report
My payroll admin is seeing an Employee on the "calculate checks report" (precheck report) that is marked "INACTV" (Position). This person left and was rehired. I have checked on the "Employee Maintenance", "Employee Human Resource Maintenance", Employee Pay Code Maintenance", "Employee Direct Deposit", and "Employee State Tax Maintenance" screens. From where is the Precheck report pulling this inactive code? ********************************************* We are on GP 9 sp2, BP 3.0, and use Project Time & Expense. ---...

Utilities Error message
I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008). I copied the Dynamics database as well as 1 of our company data bases. I installed GP and then ran the SP4 Service pack. However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP. You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP." I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVIT...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Run-Time Error 28
when I used item for sale on POS more than 100, after F12 and then input tender type I have Error #28 out of stack space (source:QSRules) Set Nocount on select item.itemtype, item.parentItem. Item.ParentQuantity, Item.Quantity.............. From Item Where ID=? -My CPU : 1.7 GHz, RAM 256 -My CPU : 2.0 GHz, RAM 512 Both have Error Plase everyone help me.... -_-'' -- TOY2TOY -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the ...

Urgent! Server Error Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes
Hi, This morning, yes before backing up the current customizations... I went in and created a new attribute in the Order Entity called ShippingName. I then mapped from the Contact Entity FullName to this attribute in the Order, updated the order form with this new field, published, tested and it worked. Then I went and check some mapping done last week as there still seemed to be a problem. Turned out it was not correctly mapped, (Address2_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1 should have been Address1_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1) so deleted these mappings and remapped them correctly, then Published. We wa...

Autonaming a PDF report?
Hiya, I am making my PDF report just fine but I would like to autoname the report and even the save location if I can. I have done this in the past but for the life of me cannot remember exactly how I did it. I am currently using the: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal with the stDocName being my specific PDF report with the PDF printer defined. I remember sticking my own file name in there somehow and it was easy to do. I saw the other ways on here to do it but all our computers already have Adobe Professional on it and it doens't have to be 100% user input free. thanks Th...

Budget error in Money 2002
I am experiencing a budget error in Money 2002 for which I can find no Knowledge Base article. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have two annual expenses of $8.50 each for dog licensing. Money somehow absurdly calculates this to be a $9.21 monthly expense, which makes the budget feature, naturally, useless. There is no way to work around it that I can see. Any suggestions? Many thanks, Christa Selig ...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Error Message on Pack and go
Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot write to file%. I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Thanks AJ wrote: > Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot > write to file%. > > I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. > > Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Yes, but you probably aren't hitting it. Are you saving to a network drive or other removeable media? 108MB is rather large for a poster - do you have any par...

Generating HTML report
How can i generate html reports in MFC? Regards, Mystique file.WriteString(_T("<html>\n")); .... write HTML text here file.WriteString(_T("</html>\n")); Seems pretty straightfoward... I've done a lot of this. It isn't challenging. The real trick is just getting a nice set of macros that make it easy. For example: CString s = _T("some text here"); s = html.Bold(s); s = html.Italic(s); class HTML { public: BOOL Open(CString filename) { if(!file.Open(filename)) return FALSE; file.Wri...

Workflow Error (Child Workflow added but not visible)
Has anyone ever experienced this before? When using the Child Workflow option in CRM 4.0, I notice at certain areas it allows me to add the CWF but it wont display what it that CWF is. It shows two bullet points(arrows)like it is calling something but it doesnt display what it is, it keeps it hidden. As a result, my parallel wait is not working as it should. I have no idea why because the query is accurate but it leads me to belive that this hidden CWF has something to do with the query not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer...

Accepting meeting: Organizer
When trying to accept a meeting it says "you cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an organizer field to the item" . I have looked everywhere for this error and cannot find it. Any idea's or input anyone?? Thanks! -C- ...

Outlook 98 Dr.Watson error
Hi, Many users in my organization get Dr.Watson errors on a regular basis when they are using Outlook. They are all running Windows NT4 SP6 with Outlook 98. The errors seem to be the same every time. It is an access violation (exception c0000005) generated by outlook.dbg. I've checked MS Technet and the only relevant article is KB226335, the patch however is not available these days any more. We've tried lots of settings, updates, etc. but nothing seems to help. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regar...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item
I can't seems to find out what's wrong. I've gone through everything I can possibly think. HELP! Integrating SOP to GP. Item is corectly entered. Has U of M specified. Price list has that specified too. I even force a constant in the integration but still..... DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item 5737 is not assigned to the current U of M. ...

Printing BLANK report for current form
I am trying to print a report for a current form which has just been filled out. However, unless I leave the current form and return to it, the report prints blank. Here is the code: _______ Private Sub PrintVoucherSingle_Click() 'Print current record 'using rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates If IsNull(Me!CertNumber) Then MsgBox "Please select a valid record", _ vbOKOnly, "Error" Exit Sub End If DoCmd.OpenReport "rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates", , , _ "CertNumber = " & Me!CertNumber End Sub __________________________________ What have ...

Picking Ticket Report
HELP! When orders are entered into the system, the PICK TICKET REPORT (actual name: SOP BLANK PICKING TICKET ORDER ENTERED) is printed to the warehouse for the staff to pick the stock. The way the warehouse layout is setup, all item numbers are on shelfs/drawers in order of item number. Some times when orders are entered, the item numbers are inputted sporadically (nature of the business). So when the PICKING REPORT/TICKET is printed, the items are in order of input. We would like to have the ticket/report print the items by order of Item Number. Apparently this was done in the past by...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

MNY 2006 Trial
Notice, I'm asking about Money 2006 Deluxe downloaded trial edition. I have set up my accounts (bank, broker, credit card) for automatic updates. If I manually "update accounts" it does (most of the time). But it never "automatically" updates the accounts. I have the banks on the default, no changes, Every Day setting. I've read the MS MNY Help topics, so please don't direct me to them. What else might I be missing? MEP ...

Error bars not displaying properly
Hi, I have plotted my data in a column graph, and added error bars based on custom values. I know how to edit and format the error bars, but nothing I have changed fixes my problem: The error bars "join up" to give diagonal lines between between my columns. I have NEVER had this issue in previous versions of Excel. If I plot the error bars in pre-2007 excel, they're fine, until I open them in excel-2007. If I remove the error bars, and plot them afresh in excel-2007, I get the same problem. It doesn't happen to every error bar, just some of them, for no apparent ...

eConnect error -
I want to use eConnect for the purpose of inserting Orders into Great Plains via a storefront application, but I am running into a couple of issues. I am new to eConnect and had some difficulties installing the eConnect .Net Incoming Service, but was finally able to install it. I tried using the "CSharp eConnect Sales Order Example" article from MSDN to see if I could properly insert a simple order into the TWO database. I read and looked through several of the posts, but I can't find a solution to the error that I am receiving. When ever I call eConnect_EntryPoint in the ...

exchange 5.5 fail to start error 1002 and 1166 MsexchangeDS
HELLO; Today my server get down ; i restart the server ; now i have this error: Source: MSExchangeDS Event ID: 1166 Description: "Error -1911 has occurred. Internal ID 2030148" i try to put again the sp4 of exchange5.5 ; but it don't want ; when i do eseutil /hm on the pub.edb ; priv.edb and dir.edb i have the word "inconsistent" ; what do you think i must do now? thanks run isinteg or restore from backup... "Marvin P. Winterbottom" <MarvinPWinterbottom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E822579-41A4-43F6-808B-9065854BED1B@microsoft...

CRM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C58BC0.F3DF3340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ol=E1 pessoal!!! algu=E9m conhece um link onde eu possa arrumar uma = Vers=E3o Trial do CRM... Porfavor!!!=20 Muito Obrigado... ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C58BC0.F3DF3340 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DConte...

Non Delivery Report
Is there a way to either turn off Non Delivery Reports in Exchange 2003 or to modify them so that don't display the Exchange server name and #5.1.1 because this a potentila security. A hacker could obtain the name of our Exchange server by sending a message to a invalid addres in our domain and getting this information bac. How can I modify the NDR to not show this information or turn it off completly. George In the Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties go the Delivery Tab. On that page click the Advanced button. In the Fully Qualifed Domain Box remove the Server Name and jus...