transferring SOP order to invoice

Hello:

You know that usually if there is a PO attached to a Sales Order that, once
the PO is received, it shows “fully received” and will allow you to transfer
to an invoice.

Well, a client is running across a lot of Sales Orders that the PO link
still shows “purchased” which usually means they haven’t received an invoice.

But, when they use SmartList and look up the PO I am finding that they have
indeed received an invoice and it shows a link to the PO.

This is not good.  They, then, break the link on the SO so that they can
transfer to an invoice since Ithey know the expense was recorded.

But, I don’t understand what causes this nor does the client feel very
comfortable at this point in regards to proper recording of COGS for an
invoice.

I’ve tried to troubleshoot the issue to see if I see any common denominators
but have been unsuccessful thus far.  It’s all different vendors, all
different times, amounts, etc.

It’s not a lot of them, but it’s enough that I’m concerned.

Any ideas about what could be the issue?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

a couple of things to look at.

1.  Were the POs created from the SO document or created in PO and attached?

2.  Were the POs fully received at one time or received in a couple of
transactions?

3.  Are there multiple POs per SO, multiple SOs per PO, or strictly one to
one?

Perhaps someone else will have a better response for you but these are
things I would look for first.  It has happened to clients of mine but they
could not remember how the POs were created.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> You know that usually if there is a PO attached to a Sales Order that, once
> the PO is received, it shows “fully received” and will allow you to transfer
> to an invoice.
>
> Well, a client is running across a lot of Sales Orders that the PO link
> still shows “purchased” which usually means they haven’t received an invoice.
>
> But, when they use SmartList and look up the PO I am finding that they have
> indeed received an invoice and it shows a link to the PO.
>
> This is not good.  They, then, break the link on the SO so that they can
> transfer to an invoice since Ithey know the expense was recorded.
>
> But, I don’t understand what causes this nor does the client feel very
> comfortable at this point in regards to proper recording of COGS for an
> invoice.
>
> I’ve tried to troubleshoot the issue to see if I see any common denominators
> but have been unsuccessful thus far.  It’s all different vendors, all
> different times, amounts, etc.
>
> It’s not a lot of them, but it’s enough that I’m concerned.
>
> Any ideas about what could be the issue?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
info4071 (3004)

how to make an order form for a Flower sale?
we have a local club that sells flowers each year. I need to make the order form that will allow me to order several various kinds of flowers for several different people. When you open Excel, go to the standard toolbar and hit File -> New. If using Excel 2003, you might get options that say "on my computer" and "Templates from Office Online". You can find a Sales Invoice template under the "on my computer" which can be easily changed to a sales order template. In other versions of Excel, look within the tabs containing templates when you choose File ...

change page order
I have been trying to print a newseletter. It is 8 8.5X11 pages - or 4 11X17 pages. In the 2003 publisher I was able to change the page order on the layout tab of the page setup so my printer would print it correctly. In 2007, I can not figure out how to change the page order in order to print the newsletter. So it is printing it all funny with multiple pages on top of each other. How can I fix this to print correctly? Please help! Printing from 2007 is an adventure to say the least. Is this setup as a booklet? Do you have a duplex unit? If not... Try this: print page range.. 1,6,3,8...

BULK change status of orders?
Does CRM have built in capability to bulk change the status of orders? Haave a list and mark all/unmark all and the check certain ones? Matt Hi, CRM 3 do support bulk changes. To do this, just hold shift and select the records you want to change, then double click on one of the selected record, then the order screen pop up. Change whatever you want to change and save it. All the selected records will be changed accordingly. Regards, Vincent Thanks for that answer! Is there a way to copy a record? Copy a batch of records? Matt <vincent.kok@gmail.com> wrote in message new...

SOP Document Transfer Process
User inadvertently transferred the wrong quote to order. She transferred QTE534708 instead of QTE543708. Is there a way to correct using the interface? Do I have to void the order that was created and re-do the quote (using a different quote number)? What if I changed the type ID in the SOP10100 and SOP10200 tables and then ran checklinks - do you think the system will fix the data inconsistencies? Surely this has happened before........ No, checklinks will not fix that. You will need to create a new quote. However, void the order first and then you can copy the details from the voi...

Transfer a list of info dependent upon variables
Here is a hard one!!! I need a function that will read a range of cells and and find every one that matches a cell on another page. Then it needs to take all the info from the second worksheet and transfer it to the first. Also not have any duplicate account numbers. Example: 2nd worksheet: Account Date Cycle Amount 1141 11/2/2005 2 $25.00 1231 11/24/2005 5 $30.00 12312 11/8/2005 2 $45.00 1141 11/24/2005 2 ...

Trying to transfer "Shared contacts" in Address Book
In my address book within Outlook Express I have "shared contacts" and "main identity's contacts"- (windows XP). I am trying to get my contacts over to my new computer with the Vista OS. I have been able to get my "main identity's contacts" over but am unable to find the file or capture the contacts within my "shared contacts". Can someone please give me some advice? Thanks "Duane Lee" <duanelee@att.net> wrote in message news:uLHDc9DaIHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > In my address book within Outlook Express This ...

How to transfer to word or notepad all the comments (notes) inclueded in a visio file?
Hi, I 'am looking for a solution in vba to print on a word or notepad document all the comments/notes (I am using a Frech releasde of visio professional 2003 so I don't no exactly the wording in English) added on a visio file, together with the name of each label of the comments/notes. Thanks for your help. Bye I have just found a solution on this forum. Bye "Spectre" <toot@totot.com> a �crit dans le message de news: u73aFdFvGHA.4972@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I 'am looking for a solution in vba to print on a word or notepad document &...

transfer cell $ amount to other sheet month-to-month without overc
I am trying to do a budget plan for an entire year going into the next. I am trying to have it transfer the savings ($ amout) of the current month to the next month and have the that saving be added to any possible savings of the next if it is to be. here is what i have in theary: If the item in cell "H30" is possitive but also greater than the item in cell "K42", show a savings and have it be transfered to the next month budget plan. is that a possible task? For the current sheet, to show the amount that will be transferred, =if(and(h30>0,h30>k32),h30-k32,0) ...

Any way to change Invoice sequence number?
Does anybody know how to change the invocie sequence number after invoices have laready been posted? Is it even possible? I can see that the first three letters can be changed, what about the number? Best Regards, -Horia No, not possible with current version. Only ones that are not grey out in the Set Auo-Numbering afterwards can be modified. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Horia" wrote: > Does anybody know how to change the invocie sequence number after invoices > have laready been posted? Is it even possible? I can s...

Sales Order Entry Line Items
Customer needs to have line items on SOP entry to match with their customer RFPs, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=37748125-b025-42bf-9978-d3e024f865f0&...

sell cvv + transfer + ship + dumps + track 1&2...all country !
Hello all !! I'm seller cvv from Viet Nam Contact me - Y!m: khaisell - Email : khaisell******.com.vn us (visa , master) = 2 $ us (amex , dis) = 4 $ us (full) = Hello all !! I'm seller cvv from Viet Nam Contact me: - Y!m: khaisell - Email : khaisell******.com.vn us (visa , master) = 2 $ us (amex , dis) = 4 $ us (full) = 20$ us card with DOB = 10$ ====== uk (visa , master) = 5 $ uk (amex , dis ) = 10 $ uk (with dob) = 20$ uk (full) = 40$ ====== EU Italia = 18$ Germany = Sweden = 18$ Spain = 18$ France = 18$ Japan = 20$ Denmark = 20$ Au = 10$ Ca = ...

Data transfer
I can't transfer my Money 1998 date to my Money 2004 program on my new computer. That's too bad. If you really want help, you might try throwing us a bone here: What have you tried? Why didn't it work (error message, et al.)? What else have you tried? "William" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042601c3bbae$3c40a900$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I can't transfer my Money 1998 date to my Money 2004 > program on my new computer. ...

Invoice
We are now using the default tax calculations from GP 9.0 instead of doing our own tax calculation with each Invoice item that we are sending in to eConnect. The problem now is that with the default option I don't see eConnect/GP performing any tax calculations on our behalf. I would like to understand how to go about using the default tax option with eConnect/GP for each Customer / Item. The under-mentioned is what we are doing at the header level for an invoice to use the default tax option: << Setting CREATETAXES=1. Setting DEFTAXSCHDS=1 so that it uses the default tax schedule...

Order Forecasting
I am a new GP user, and we have do not have Purchase Order Generator or any advanced purchasing modules (yet). I am trying to figure out which reports to use which would show movement for a given period (month, quarter, year, etc.) which I could use to manually calculate an order for a certain product. Unfortunately, I'm unable to find any reports which show movement like that! We have nearly 2000 SKU's from around 120 vendors and this is obviously a very time consuming process, so I'd like to streamline this as much as possible until we can afford to invest in some advan...

Auto invoice number
I am self employed and every week I fill out invoices, and sometimes get comfused what invoice number I need to use. what I would like to do is every time I open my work sheet is to have a auto invoice number for every time how do I do it, please be has clear and easy as possible because I am not very good with excel Cheers Dave Hi Dave, Look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "dave" <dave.elenor@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:JR7oh.42739$KT2.14623@newsfe2-win.ntli.net... |...

Purchase Order Money 2004
I have scoured this web site for some time and just looking for a simple answer i just cant find. I hope anyone can help, i would be so greatful. Does the new M S M Small Business Edition 2004 offer the ability to make Purchase Orders? Thanks for any help! Me. ...

Transfer out of a CD?
I'm trying to transfer from my Certficate of Deposit to my regular savings in Money 06. I can't 'sell' and I can't 'transfer out'. How do I get the money back to my savings? Thanks! RJH RJH I'm running Money 06 and there is a Redeem CD/Bond on the activity options in the portfolio. Just fill in the price and interest and the transfer to account. Al "RJH" <Bla@bla.net> wrote in message news:gTlGg.39805$u05.6394@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com... > I'm trying to transfer from my Certficate of Deposit to my regular savings > in M...

Purchase Orders Paid by Credit Card
For a few years now I have been requesting from MBS the ability to pay for items on a PO with a Credit Card. Does anyone know of a 3rd party product that will allow for this? I would need it for Version 8. More companies have PCards, but internally still want the PO to receive the goods into inventory and record the purchase against the vendor to see total purchases from the vendor. Thanks What about using "Manual Payment" (Transactions >> Purchasing >> Manual Payment) to pay it, using a credit card. This will pay off the vendor invoice and create a payable invo...

Sales Order Processing Issue
Hi! I am not sure if this is something that was overlooked or this is a bug in the Microsoft Dynamics system. Here is how to recreate the issue: Setup 1. Order Setup (Tools | Setup | Sales | Sales Order Processing) then pull up the Order ID 2. Allow Invoicing of Unfulfilled or Partially Fullfilled Orders should be unmarked Create Sales Order 1. Create a Sales Order 2. Enter a non-inventoried item 3. Enter an inventoried item with stock balance 4. Click on the Purchase Button to create a PO for the non-inventoried item 5. There will be a committed button on the non-inventoried i...

Transferring folders to another computer
Hi, I'm switching offices within my company, and my computer is not coming with me. I will be using the same email account, but on this machine, I have a number of folders with old, saved mail messages that I still want to keep. IS there any way to bundle them up and put them on a disk, or save them, or something? Kat <kat.fulgieir@nytps.com> wrote: > I'm switching offices within my company, and my computer is > not coming with me. I will be using the same email > account, but on this machine, I have a number of folders > with old, saved mail messages that I stil...

Can we print a work order report with customer names
I am able to print a report of items showing how much is in inventory and how much is ordered (committed). But when the item arrives in our warehouse, I am unable to see who ordered it. I would like to be able to print a list of work orders showing customer names and what they ordered. It's possible that I already have the capability to do this, but don't know how. Can anyone help me? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Inventory transfers
When I do a transfer from one site to another eg. North to Warehouse, then I restrict the Item Transaction Enquiry screen to only show 'Warehouse' site... the transfer does not show on the screen. It only shows on site transferred FROM. The transfer quantity also shows as a positive number, it should show as negative because you are transferring it out of the site 'Warehouse'. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Customized Purchase Order/Transfer Inventory In/Out
We need to have our PO's and Inventory Transfers not show cost of any kind...also add two additional columns - Extended Description and Sub Description 1. Is anyone able to do this for us? Thanks in advance. diana Diana, Unfortunately, there is no way to change the UI within RMS like that. Though, I may be able to offer you a solution. We have been working on a custom purchase order tool for a long time. Advanced Purchase Order is a very popular tool for a number of reasons, as it offers many advanced statistics and ordering information when placing your orders. In ad...

Transfer Files Using VBA #3
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You can select all of the files in a folder by selecting the first file, holding...

Suggestions to RMS Purchase Order and Goods Received
• When a Purchase Order (PO) is entered the PO should be automatically printed, you should not have to go back into it and then print it again. • When you are booking in Goods. You should be able to select multiples PO numbers to put on one Good Received Note. As a supplier may send many orders together. • Once a PO is booked in you should be able to select complete and the PO is Closed. • There should be the option to enter Invoice Number, Invoice Date and Freight charges when goods are received so they are printed on a goods received note. ( which should be automatically printed after...