Transfer employees from one company to another

We use GP and have 3 companys created and fully operational.  Each company
have thier own payroll runs HR fully used; all 3 have the same owners.

There have been a great deal of turn-around in personal and switching
to-from between the companis.  In GP we need to transfer employee from one
company to another.

Is this possible? How can we do this?
0
RicoTowers (135)

 Rico

To my knowledge, I didnt see any option like that exists in GP. I'd
suggest you to look for any third party add-ins in solution finder or
contact MBS Professional Services Team which might be of help

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

On May 13, 4:54=A0am, RicoTowers <RicoTow...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> We use GP and have 3 companys created and fully operational. =A0Each comp=
any
> have thier own payroll runs HR fully used; all 3 have the same owners.
>
> There have been a great deal of turn-around in personal and switching
> to-from between the companis. =A0In GP we need to transfer employee from =
one
> company to another.
>
> Is this possible? How can we do this?

0
janakirammp (688)

Multiple Numbers on ONE Label
I have several thousand labels I need to print. I would like to put up to 4 part numbers on each label (Avery 5164). These labels will placed on boxes that hold product. Some labels may only get 2 or 3 part numbers per label depending on size of the part. My part numbers are classified as S,M,L. Can this be done? Example... ABC123 - small ABC234 - large (max 2 numbers per label) ABC345 - small ABC456 - med (max 3 numbers per label) BCD123 - small BCD234 See: Print a Quantity of a Label at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html The article assumes you have a Q...

is it possible to transfer a word doc to excel?
..Each month I have several forms to complete and send into head office.These forms are saved as word docs but I can't type any new imformation in them.In stead I have to print them off and then fill them in by hand. I am a new user of Office but would like to learn a lot more about it. Thankyou for any responses, no doubt I've missed some really simple procedure and am expecting to be well and truely embaressed. I am useing my own PC. -- Sticky business computing ??? A number of questions and possibilities come to mind. Firstly the 'job' should be evaluated. A print an...

Transfer Juice (Podcatcher) downloads
Can someone help me understand how to transfer podcast downloads from Juice Podcast receiver subscriptions into WMP Playlists? Juice Downloads tab displays 6 (State) downloaded files. I've created a Playlist in WMP where it displays "Drag items here to add them." Draging Juice downloads does nothing. What am I overlooking? What version of WMP and Windows? I have never heard of this Juice Podcatcher, but did you try dragging the downloaded files from Windows Explorer to the playlist? What's the file type of these downloads (MP3, WMA...)? Regards -- Tim...

What's SPF record and is it necessary to have one?
Hi all, What's SPF record? Is it necessary to have one? How to create one? (exchange 2003 Sp2 environment) Thanks in advance On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:43:02 -0700, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >What's SPF record? Is it necessary to have one? How to create one? >(exchange 2003 Sp2 environment) > > >Thanks in advance > http://www.openspf.org/ Everything you need to know, even a wizard! Not required, but recommended. http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/013/antispoofing.htm "Peter" <Peter@discussions....

If "yes" then require data in another field
I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" If the check box = Yes, then I want the field for the combo list to require data. I can make it go the field that I want the date inserted, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make it mandatory for the user to insert data from the drop down list if the check box = yes. Use the Exit event of the ComboBox and Cancel = True If Len(Me.ComboBox & "") = 0 Sheryl wrote: >I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" > >If t...

Print Business Card in Card Style with Company Name
Using Outlook 2007 SP2. Viewing the contacts in card style format shows the companyname field. But when printing, the companyname is not printing. How can I get it to print with the company name? ...

Electronic Transfer a % of a Deposit
I want to set up a Electronic Transfer to automatically take a % of a deposit in a Account to another account. (I get paid hourly and OT and deposit amount is never the same.) ie 5% of paycheck in Checking to Money Market Thanks for any help. ...

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Money 2007 file wont update from one computer to another
Ok, I have a desktop with Vista and laptop with XP home. I use the notebook when Im away at work and the Vista desktop when Im home. When I got home I wanted my money file from the notebook to be transfered to the desktop but... when I copy the file from the notebook to my external USB HD and then paste it to the desktop to replace the existing one the file does not reflect changes made on the file version on the notebook. When I copy the file from the notebook to the USB HD and then open it it shows one balance. but when I then paste that file to the desktop it shows a different balan...

Problem printing more than one copy in excel
I have a one page document that I want to print multiple copies of. I increase the number of copies to 10 and print. The first page looks good, but the remaining 9 pages have lines missing from the tables. I have never come across this problem before. Re-define your print area and see if that helps. ...

how can i transfer data from one sheet to another without blank li
Dear All I have extracted data from a system to a sheet including blank lines between the data. Any idea of how i can transfer the data from one sheet to another without any blank lines, in order to do my job using excel functions? Thanks in advance If you mean blank rows why dont you just sort the data? In case you need to retain the order (you can use a temporary column); insert an additional column say A. Number 1,2,....till the end in cells a1,a2 ...... Sort col B. Delete the blank rows..and then sort by ColA...Remove ColA -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Manos&q...

Restore one note files on CD
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and on my old computer with windows XP I loaded one note files on a DVD. I installed Microsoft Office home and student 2007 on my new computer (the same program as on my old computer). How do I put these files on my new computer. I can easily put the document files from DVD disc from my old computer to my new one. But I cannot figure out how to do it in One Note. I have searched the internet and the one note help program but with no luck. -- John John, If I understood you correctly, what you want to do is to copy OneNote no...

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

Confine results of web query to one cell
How do you confine the results of a web query to one cell in Excel 2004? Under Excel 2004 a web query always seems to use up two cells in a given column no matter what data range properties I set. I never had a problem with this in Excel 2000. ...

Turning 1 into One
(MS Excel 2000) Hi, Can I type "1" into a cell and get it automatically to come up as a "One" in another cell. Similarly can I type "2" into the same cell to come up as "Two" in the other? ... and if so how? A juicy red apple is nice but not every apple is red! http://www.wattersons.co.uk --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ njhagan, I'm not sure that this is what you want but if you enter : =LOOKUP(A1,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10},{"One","Two","Three","Four","Five","Six",&qu...

Rule to move from one folder to another
Just moved from Lotus to Outlook 2007 on exchange. We have an email address that we use for all of our employees to mail in requests and tasks. There are 6 support people who work out of the mail folder in order to complete the requests. As each support person completes the request, she moves the request to the completed folder. What we've been told is that for the support person to move the item, we have to give her delete permission. The problem is that we don't want anyone to delete out of this mail file. One thing I was thinking is to create a rule that anything that m...

Items transfers
Hi does any body can explain to me what to do? we have 2 stores and when we transfer using HQ everything works fine. but if the managers transfer from Store Operations Manager it won't show the transfer. what can I do? Thanks -- Reynold Cycle hi Jose, Make sure under the HQ Manager Go to File > Configuration and Make sure 2 check boxes are selected "Automatically create inter-store receive inventory order" "Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order" this will give facility to the store if it makes transfer to other store and when both store syn. ...

Sorting Data Employee name time
I have a worksheet of data (Employee names and times from job sheets) which i need to sort by employee name and then totalise times to find total hours worked for the job. There name may apear several times or not at all. I need a total for each person then to be written to the database sheet through the database template add in. Hi for this I would use a pivot table. <See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frank...

Transfer contacts
Does anybody know how to transfer my contact from outlook 2007 on a PC to entourage (office 2008). Check out Paul Berkowitz's "Export-Import Entourage" script package. http://www.scriptbuilders.net/search.php?search_str=Export-Import+Entourage Another option might be to send them as vCards from Outlook to your address that you can access in Entourage. On 8/6/08 5:43 PM, in article C4BFA145.169A%radie842@comcast.net, "Michael Radie" <radie842@comcast.net> wrote: > Does anybody know how to transfer my contact from outlook 2007 on a PC to > entourage (offi...

two tables one query.
I have the following info and I want to create a query. [tblPayment]![strLCNumber] [tblIRB]![strLCNumber] and [tblIRB]![strAltRef] I want to do the following: Search tblIRB where both [tblPayment]![strLCNumber] & [tblIRB]![strAltRef] equal each other, but get the information attached to [tblIRB]![strLCNumber] & [tblIRB]![strAltRef] equal each other. I hope that makes since!!! SELECT * FROM tblPayment INNER JOIN tblIRB ON tblPayment.strLCNumber = tblIRB.strAltRef Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Professional_in_need_of help" <Professionalinneed...

On employee card can't specify if spouse has different last name
On employee card, spouse last name is only 15 characters long. This cannot hold a first and last name if the last name is different than the employee. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbro...

QAT Reference to Macros in Another Workbook Don't Stick
Running Excel 2007 under Vista. I have one workbook which will contain all my data, and a second which contains a set of macros. By adding the second workbook as a reference, I am able to access all of the macros from the first. (I did have to add a dummy macro to the first workbook to get the reference to stick.) I can add these macros to the Quick Access Toolbar in the first workbook, and they work until I close the file; however, they are gone when the file is re-opened. I can add my dummy macro from the first file to the QAT, and that sticks. However, if I then add a macro fro...

Transfer mny file to new machine
How do I transfer my Money 2001 files from my old desktop machine, to Money 2004 on my new laptop? The same way you transferred any other file? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q68. "world_adventurer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63DC8770-2665-4099-9F0D-31D5D6620673@microsoft.com... > How do I transfer my Money 2001 files from my old desktop machine, to Money 2004 on my new laptop? Your best first try is to copy your 2001 .mny file to your new machine. You may need to burn it to CD or use another method to do this. I suggest putting it ...