transaction level posting error after check links maintenance

Every time I run check links maintenance on sales, one of my users gets the
"your transaction level posting session has not completed" error.  I can
resolve the error by deleting the stranded record, but not sure what is
causing it.
0
MDavis1 (22)

------=_NextPart_0001_52B35321

Hello,

Thank you for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!

This error message is caused by a locked record in one or more of the
following tables:

1. Get all users out of eEnterprise and make a backup.
2. In SQL Query Analyzer, run this delete statement on the SY00800 against
DYNAMICS database:
DELETE SY00800
3. Look for the problem records in the SY00500 by running either of these
statements against the company database:
SELECT * from SY00500 where BACHNUMB = ''
SELECT * from SY00500 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with error'
4. If you have records returned, delete either of these records from the
SY00500:
DELETE SY00500 where BACHNUMB = ''
DELETE SY00500 where BACHNUMB ='enter the User ID with error'
5. Find either of these problem records from the SOP10100 table by running
the script against the company database:
SELECT BACHNUMB,* from SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = ''
SELECT BACHNUMB,* from SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with
error'
6. Verify the results and delete the problem records. The error message
should not appear when you enter the Sales Transaction Entry window, but it
will not bring back the transaction that was posted. You may need to
re-enter, or more likely just make sure that it was posted. You may also
want to check out the SOP10200 to see if the one of these details is there
or not.
DELETE SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = ''
DELETE SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with error'

Best Regards,
Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD

will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete

a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006

when prompted.

Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be

able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.

newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_52B35321

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hello,
\par
\par Thank you for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!
\par
\par This error message is caused by a locked record in one or more of the following tables:
\par
\par 1. Get all users out of eEnterprise and make a backup.
\par 2. In SQL Query Analyzer, run this delete statement on the SY00800 against DYNAMICS database:
\par DELETE SY00800
\par 3. Look for the problem records in the SY00500 by running either of these statements against the company database:
\par SELECT * from SY00500 where BACHNUMB = ''
\par SELECT * from SY00500 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with error'
\par 4. If you have records returned, delete either of these records from the SY00500:
\par DELETE SY00500 where BACHNUMB = ''
\par DELETE SY00500 where BACHNUMB ='enter the User ID with error'
\par 5. Find either of these problem records from the SOP10100 table by running the script against the company database:
\par SELECT BACHNUMB,* from SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = ''
\par SELECT BACHNUMB,* from SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with error'
\par 6. Verify the results and delete the problem records. The error message should not appear when you enter the Sales Transaction Entry window, but it will not bring back the transaction that was posted. You may need to re-enter, or more likely just make sure that it was posted. You may also want to check out the SOP10200 to see if the one of these details is there or not.
\par DELETE SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = ''
\par DELETE SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with error'
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Diana Van Raden
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
\par
\par will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
\par
\par a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
\par
\par when prompted.
\par
\par Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
\par
\par able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
\par
\par newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_52B35321--

0
dvanrade (102)
4/28/2006 5:32:28 PM
Diana,

How would we know the problem record? the error does not specify the record
details?

"Diana Van Raden [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!
>
> This error message is caused by a locked record in one or more of the
> following tables:
>
> 1. Get all users out of eEnterprise and make a backup.
> 2. In SQL Query Analyzer, run this delete statement on the SY00800 against
> DYNAMICS database:
> DELETE SY00800
> 3. Look for the problem records in the SY00500 by running either of these
> statements against the company database:
> SELECT * from SY00500 where BACHNUMB = ''
> SELECT * from SY00500 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with error'
> 4. If you have records returned, delete either of these records from the
> SY00500:
> DELETE SY00500 where BACHNUMB = ''
> DELETE SY00500 where BACHNUMB ='enter the User ID with error'
> 5. Find either of these problem records from the SOP10100 table by running
> the script against the company database:
> SELECT BACHNUMB,* from SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = ''
> SELECT BACHNUMB,* from SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with
> error'
> 6. Verify the results and delete the problem records. The error message
> should not appear when you enter the Sales Transaction Entry window, but it
> will not bring back the transaction that was posted. You may need to
> re-enter, or more likely just make sure that it was posted. You may also
> want to check out the SOP10200 to see if the one of these details is there
> or not.
> DELETE SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = ''
> DELETE SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with error'
>
> Best Regards,
> Diana Van Raden
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
>
> will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
>
> a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
>
> when prompted.
>
> Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
>
> able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
>
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

scott7693 (519)
4/29/2006 8:44:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_61A09CA4

Hi Scott,

This is Angela; that is a good question.  She probably thought you knew
what batch was causing the error.

1) After removing the stranded record from the sy00800 table does the
system allow you to continue running Check links on the Sales Work table?

2) If yes, does the file maintenance log provide you with any information?

3) Are there any batches that are waiting to be posted under Tools >
Routines > Batch Recovery?  Maybe one that is in the list is what was
causing the error.

4) If there is nothing there I would check the Sales batches.  You may need
to bring up each batch and print and edit list to verify there are no
errors. If no errors exist then you should be okay.  If you do get errors
when pulling up a batch, what is the error?  That may be the one causing
the issues.

If this is something that continues to happen over and over again, then we
may need to look at your environment and find out why the system continues
to get interrupted.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Angela Eckman
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
when prompted.
Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_61A09CA4

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Scott,
\par
\par This is Angela; that is a good question.  She probably thought you knew what batch was causing the error.
\par
\par 1) After removing the stranded record from the sy00800 table does the system allow you to continue running Check links on the Sales Work table?
\par
\par 2) If yes, does the file maintenance log provide you with any information?
\par
\par 3) Are there any batches that are waiting to be posted under Tools > Routines > Batch Recovery?  Maybe one that is in the list is what was causing the error.
\par
\par 4) If there is nothing there I would check the Sales batches.  You may need to bring up each batch and print and edit list to verify there are no errors. If no errors exist then you should be okay.  If you do get errors when pulling up a batch, what is the error?  That may be the one causing the issues.
\par
\par If this is something that continues to happen over and over again, then we may need to look at your environment and find out why the system continues to get interrupted.
\par
\par Let me know if you have any questions.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par
\par Angela Eckman
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
\par will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
\par a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
\par when prompted.
\par Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
\par able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
\par newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_61A09CA4--

0
aanderso (48)
5/1/2006 3:19:06 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_6C62DCE6

Hi Scott -

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_6C62DCE6

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Scott -
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_6C62DCE6--

0
jsmit (219)
5/3/2006 5:27:39 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_76DC5EE7

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_76DC5EE7

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_76DC5EE7--

0
jsmit (219)
5/5/2006 6:16:36 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_85EA5383

Hi,

We have not heard from you regarding this issue.
Please post back here at your convenience if we can assist further.

Enjoy your day!

Best Regards,

David Graening
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?= <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: transaction level posting error after check links maintenance
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:44:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

------=_NextPart_0001_85EA5383

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par We have not heard from you regarding this issue.
\par Please post back here at your convenience if we can assist further.
\par
\par Enjoy your day!
\par
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par David Graening
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: transaction level posting error after check links maintenance
\par thread-index: AcZrzaVrUUfPVXMcSKygX7lWQ6VpMQ==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 24.6.98.203
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?= <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par References:  <670AA276-7FB1-40E9-AF0A-31BDD400D124@microsoft.com> <ELct8muaGHA.932@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par Subject: RE: transaction level posting error after check links maintenance
\par Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:44:01 -0700
\par Lines: 71
\par Message-ID: <FC299CDB-A30B-42D1-B343-FA966C1819D7@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:28151
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Diana,
\par
\par How would we know the problem record? the error does not specify the record
\par details?
\par
\par "Diana Van Raden [MSFT]" wrote:
\par
\par > Hello,
\par >
\par > Thank you for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!
\par >
\par > This error message is caused by a locked record in one or more of the
\par > following tables:
\par >
\par > 1. Get all users out of eEnterprise and make a backup.
\par > 2. In SQL Query Analyzer, run this delete statement on the SY00800 against
\par > DYNAMICS database:
\par > DELETE SY00800
\par > 3. Look for the problem records in the SY00500 by running either of these
\par > statements against the company database:
\par > SELECT * from SY00500 where BACHNUMB = ''
\par > SELECT * from SY00500 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with error'
\par > 4. If you have records returned, delete either of these records from the
\par > SY00500:
\par > DELETE SY00500 where BACHNUMB = ''
\par > DELETE SY00500 where BACHNUMB ='enter the User ID with error'
\par > 5. Find either of these problem records from the SOP10100 table by running
\par > the script against the company database:
\par > SELECT BACHNUMB,* from SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = ''
\par > SELECT BACHNUMB,* from SOP10100 where BACHNUMB = 'enter the User ID with
\par > error'
\par > 6. Verify the results and delete the problem records. The error message
\par > should not appear when you enter the Sales Transaction Entry window, but it
\par > will not bring back the transaction that was posted. You may need to
\par > re-enter, or more likely just make sure that it was posted. You may also
\par > want to check out the SOP10200 to see if the one of these details is there
\par > or not.
[...]
\par > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par >
\par > ======================================================
\par >
\par >
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_85EA5383--

0
dgraenin (57)

error messages after install
I have installed the server software on a box running Small Business Server. I have installed the client software on all the desktops and clients. All the clients can connect except one. When the user starts Outlook, the following two error messages pop up. 1. Microsoft CRM The use ID associated with the current records is not valid. 2. Microsoft CRM An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM funtionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your administrator if errors persists. the ID is correct. the user ID setup for CRM is the same as the Windows login ID. Restarting Outlook pro...

Spell checking current record
I have added a spell check to a database using DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling Which works, I just want it to spell check the current record, not the whole database. Is that possible? "jamccarley" <jamccarley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0ED2E35-3346-41D9-939D-56F9F345C309@microsoft.com... >I have added a spell check to a database using > > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling > > Which works, I just want it to spell check the current record, not the > whole > database. Is that possible? IIRC, if you select the record...

Bug! Error Bars Inherited from Another Workbook
Got an odd one here. I have suite of macros that create a workbook with a number of sheets, containing charts from a number of separate workbooks. The charts show a number of series, including a mean with custom error bars, taken directly from two columns in the source data, spec for the + bars ='C:\Temp\[Some_File_Or_Other.xls]Data_Sheet'!$CK$2:$CK$366, and the following column for the - bars. I run the macro once, and save the resultant chart-filled workbook as DirectoryA/FileA.xls. I change the data in the source workbooks, rerun the macro and save the results as DirectoryB/FileB...

Links or HLOOKUP
Hi, I entered numbers from A4:N15 in sheet named CLASS. I would like to have these numbers appear on STUDENT sheet which is in different workbook. Please show me how. May I use HLOOKUP function? Or what function I should use? Thanks Chi in A4 of your Student workbook enter, =[CLASS.xls]Sheet1!A4, replacing Sheet1 with the actual sheet name, i different. Then copy this across to N4 and then down to N14 -- Vit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Vito's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2918 View this thread: ht...

Transaction which is part expense, part transfer
I have a debit from an account associated with arranging a remortgage on a house. Part of the sum debited is a payment of legal expenses, so it belongs in the "mortgage expenses" category. Part of it is a sum which was used to reduced the amount of the sum owed to the lender. Any suggestions for how to deal with this? The loan reduction element is effectively a transfer to the loan account, but the "split" dialogue box only allows you to allocate a "withdrawal" to different categories, it doesn't let you split an amount between a withdrawal and a transfer. Go...

Outlook 2003 Distribution List error
System running XP SP3 My customer has a Distribution List (5 entries), and it was working correctly for some time. Now, when she sends to the List, there are two additional names included from her address book. Editing and/or expanding the list does not show these names.... Ideas? Where to look? Thanks in advance. Grov ...

Money 2003 Deluxe
When I go to Reports/Taxes/Tax Software Report I get a summary of what should be included in the various Federal Tax Forms. Everything looks reasonable except for the Capital Gains and Losses Money generated when I bought or sold a stock. It looks like some of the transactions ended up under Schedule C! Can someone give me a hint on where I have to go to tell Money how to handle the generated gains and losses? I have been to all the obvious places like "Catagories" and "Taxes" but I must be missing something. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote:...

House Selling Transaction?
Hi, I have a house as an asset account in Microsoft Money. How do I create a *sell* transaction for the house? I sold my house and want to show that somehow. Thanks., - Joel Well, you could "decrease" the asset to zero but my preference would be to "transfer" the money you received to whatever bank account is appropriate. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Refresher" <Refresher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EAFBC67-5F95-4883-8122-9634B9F15B69@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a house as an asset account in Microsoft Money. How do I creat...

Language Propagating error when synchronizing crm
Hi Installed Microsoft Dynmaics CRM 4.0 for Outlook. When I launch outlook, the status goes all the way to "Propagating language setting" and hangs there for about 10-15 minutes. It eventually crashes and exits. "Microsoft CRM Web Service Hoster has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Can some one please help me. If i change the user's role to system admin it works. I have made sure the standard user role has language settings all green. would really appreciate some help cheers Snow White Have you installed languav...

Excel Function VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names". The table deifene below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables. Error where: =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE) but no errors where =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE) or =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE) ANS: ACT_IS The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to NAME. If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated. Thanks Elizabet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly =VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKU...

ReadXmlSchema Error
Greetings All, I'm trying to use the ReadXmlSchema method to define a DataSet before using the ReadXml method, and am receiving the following error: Type 'http://www.jd.com/commonReq/1.0:OrderInfo' is not declared. There are 3 schema documents that make up the entire xml schema. Order.xsd CommonReq.xsd Common.xsd here is the base schema document: <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://www.jd.com/order/1.0" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="http://www.jd.com/order/1.0" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:commonReq=&...

How do I link Excel pages to a different master Excel workbook?
I am trying to take part lists from different assemblies and link them to a master part list. Ideally one sheet from the assembly part lists will have many pages and be linked to a sheet in the master part list with the name of that specific assembly. I am operating on Midrosoft Office Version 2003. open both the master and your part list on your master if you set a cell to (="name of part list book"!A1) you can do that by clicking any cell on the other workbook with them both open its just like a formula on the sheet only instead it has the workbooks name first i hope thi...

downloaded transactions
How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren't there? I've downloaded my statements, they are imported into the account, Money tells me how many I need to review, but they aren't there as they usually are (bolded). I have tried to "accept all", to no avail. Any advice? Thanks, Bartley Try the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316900 "bartley" <bartleycox@msn.com> wrote in message news:0bad01c35d3c$2e32d4d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren...

SBS2003 POP3 Connector error 1056 and 1053
Hi, I use the POP3 Connector to download e-mails from ISP. No problems since now, but, I recently noticed, some e-mails goes to Failed mail Folder. In the Application Event Viever register error 1056 and 1053 with the error code: -2147220979. I detected most of this mails came from a webmail that uses a Postfix e-mail server, and RoundCube webmail agent. All assignments in Exchange mailbox POP3 Properties for each user are right. I already tested in other SBS2003 servers and the same error, so I think there’s something wrong in the header. This is the content of the .eml file...

Why am I getting a #VALUE! Error?
Previously I had this formula which was working fine: =IF(AND(OR($E$5=1,$E$5=2),$E$2="...3/12...",$E$3=" inch"),VLOOKUP($E$6,lookup!$C$3:$D$19,2,0),IF(AND($E$5=3,$E$2="...3/12...",$E$3=" inch"),VLOOKUP($E$6,lookup!$E$3:$F$19,2,0),"")) But after I add another part onto the end of the formula I am no getting a #VALUE! error (even though, if I enter information in th referenced cells, it seems to work fine and return the correc numbers): =IF(AND(OR($E$5=1,$E$5=2),$E$2="...3/12...",$E$3=" inch"),VLOOKUP($E$6,lookup!$C$3:$D$19...

Delayed Delivery (smtp protocol error)
Hi all, We've been having problems with out Exchange 2003 server in that we can't get mail delivered to a certain domain. When mail is sent from our server to this one domain, we get delayed delivery notifications and eventually failed delivery notifications. The messages are stuck in the Exchange queue and when you force the connection it gives an "SMTP protocol error". I did do an NSLOOKUP and TELNET to port 25 and was able to dialog with the remote server and send a test email. I don't know if it was received successfully but there were no error messages from my e...

BCM to CRM 3 migration error
Hello, I got the following error when using the data migration tool. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks. 8/25/2006 4:02:09 PM------>System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot sort a row of size 8291, which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8094. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read() at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillLoadDataRowChunk(SchemaMapping mapping, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromReader(Object data, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRe...

Updating links in PPT 2007
I have created a presentation in which I have movies and a PPTX in the same folder. I created a package and transferred it to a CD--but the links did not update like they were supposed to. I then deleted the files and copied them back in--still no joy. Now what? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CAB914.B3F43150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Use the Package for CD, copy to folder option, and then copy the files = to your CD and see if that does not work for you. You mig...

syntax error in VBA in query from Access
I have a query in Excel 2003 to run a query to Access database. If I manually run the query it works, but my macro to run it bombs out with Compile Error- Syntax Error. It is a complicated query linking several tables, but why would it work to run manual and not work in VBA? Here it is in case anyone wants to slug thur it- more after, but it stops where the double break appears below With Selection.QueryTable .Connection = Array(Array( _ "ODBC;DSN=CustomDietResearch;Description=Custom Diet Research Database;UID=CustomDietResearch;APP=Microsoft Office 2003...

ADO Connection via VBA (Linked Fields)
Is there a simple way to use the Great Plains logged in user's credentials or DSN credientials when creating a VBA ADO connection to the database rather than having to specify the USERNAME and PASSWORD in code. I had rather not code in a UserName and Password if at all possible. My Current Connection String: m_ConnectionString = "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;" & _ "DSN=" GreatPlains";" & _ "UID=jim;PWD=;" PS: I don't want to use DUOS Thanks -- Jim Harkins If you have access to ...

CRM 4 outlook client install error
I am not able to install CRM v4 Outlook client on any workstation. The Oultook initial setup from CD appears to install correctly, but the install fails using the Configuration Wizard (PreInstallation Checks = OK) with the following error. ----------------- Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallAbpAction failed. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) ----------------- THis happens on all workstations connect to SBS 2K3R2; Desktop (Vista Ent/OfficeUlt), Laptop (Vista Ent/OfficeUlt), Terminal Server (W2K3/Office2K3) The CRM Web Client works fine. -- ...

Error please contact system administrator
I have recently moved the CRM server onto a new server within the same domain. Everything appears to be working fine except when I try to go into Users or settings. I get the "contact system admin" message. I have tried the following; 1. web.config file contains "logerrors" value=On 2. Restarted server 3. Ran IISRESET 4. I haven't changed anythin in isv.config 5. SQL server is started 6. CRM services are started and have been re-started I'm running out of ideas. Can anyone help? Thanks I have also found this message in the Application log if it helps; MSCRM ...

International Check Writing/MICR
We have an office in London that needs to write checks using blank check stock. In the US we use Mekorma to print checks from blank check stock. Will Mekorma work on blank check stock in the UK? If not, what other products are there? (we are on 8.0, eventually moving to 9.0 sometime this year) Thanks It is normal practise in the UK to have pre-printed blank cheques, usually on A4 with remitance listing above or below the cheque. Using standard great plains reports customisation you can modify a cheque layout to fit with the UK banks cheque requiements layout. If I can be any more hel...

Error message #8
Recurring error message on client running Outlook 2003: "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error(0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Server - SBS 2003 SP1 Client - XP Pro SP2 Any suggestions as to possible causes? -- Ian Van Wyck British Columbia ...

Rules In Error #11
Getting the error "Rules in Error" message in Outlook. Rule was created to move emails from certain individuals to a specific folder that exists within the folder list. Emails will move to that specified folder but Rules in Error will pop up showing that it cannot be moved to that folder. When rule is deleted, rules in error still pops up. Why would that error show even though there are no longer rules. Reinstalled Office suite, no go. Please help... ...