Transaction is being edited

We get the message a lot in Great Plains (and we understand why)  What I
don't understand if if you search for the above message in TechKNowledge you
get no responses.

I have a PO that we get the above message on and no on is actually editing
this PO.  I need to somehow correct this so we can edit the PO.  I have
looked in the Dex_lock and Dex_session tables and do not see anything that
refers to the purchase order.

Does someone know how to correct a PO that is being edited but is not really
being edited?

--
Doug
0

Doug,

I remember getting this error a lot in previous versions of GP ( and seeing
your posting I was able to recreate it in version 8.0 quickly).

The error comes about if a record gets stuck in the SY00801 table ( Note:
NOT the SY00800 table).

To recreate it: Open the PO window, create a PO. Before you close and save
the document, OPen SQL E.Manager and copy the row record from SY00801 to
clipboard. In GP save the record. Go Back to E.Manager and re-populate the
row record with the same info (simulating that the record was not deleted
from the table) Try to open the PO and it will give you the error message
'transaction is being edited'.

If my meomory serves me, I saw this a lot when dealing with Adv POP and once
a customization was written in POP. Check for any third partys that are PO
related in the set file.

My 2 cents.
-Kevin

"Doug" wrote:

> We get the message a lot in Great Plains (and we understand why)  What I
> don't understand if if you search for the above message in TechKNowledge you
> get no responses.
>
> I have a PO that we get the above message on and no on is actually editing
> this PO.  I need to somehow correct this so we can edit the PO.  I have
> looked in the Dex_lock and Dex_session tables and do not see anything that
> refers to the purchase order.
>
> Does someone know how to correct a PO that is being edited but is not really
> being edited?
>

> --
> Doug
0
KevinMaina (27)

Modifier Error
I am getting an error when I try to get into Modifier - "Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in forms dictionary". There are no users in GP at the time I am trying to edit the forms. It doesn't matter which dictionary I'm trying to edit. Thanks Beth It there are no other users in the system and the forms.dic is local then make sure the Forms.dic is not read-only. If the forms.dic is read-only, a message stating another user is editing resources will be displayed. Thanks, rc "Beth" wrote: > I am getting an error...

Help Editing an XML File
Greetings, This is my first post and I am hoping (praying) someone could help me. I am not a programmer, I just know enough to be dangerous. I have a custom application someone developed for me that generates an XML file to display web pages. Following is a very small portion of an example file: <QLabel>Position</QLabel><QText>Which one of the following best describes your primary job function?</QText><RotationValue>0</RotationValue> <LastOnPage>false</LastOnPage> I want to modify the XML file so that the web pages are displayed in Sp...

Exchange 2003 Standard Edition Store Limit
I have Exchange 2003 Standard edition. My current Priv.edb size is 13GB and my priv.stm file is 3.2GB. I know there is a 16GB limit per database. How can I be over that number and still have mail flowing? Is it because I have so much whitespace in the database(almost 3GB) acording to event 1221 in the application log. Thanks Greg White space doesn't really come into play here, as it still counts towards total file size. Could also be that the displayed file size is a bit off as Explorer views it. Either way, once you hit the 16gb limit, the Information store *will* shut down...

Rounding Differences of Multi Currency (MC) Transactions
Hi, My question regards Payables Management versus the rounding of Multi Currency (MC) transactions. In my vendor I have two invoices where the document amount is $1120.60 in functional currency. Both were paid by the same check, which shows $1120.61(Funct) in my MC HATB Detailed. The originating curency is balancing at 0. The three transactions are now in history but those 3 transactions will show forever on my HATB since I have a difference of $0.02 in functional currency. I do not see those transactions in the ATB with or without options which is OK. How could I get rid of th...

File, Edit, View etc. (pull down menus) have disappeared
All my pull-down menus in the top have suddently disappeared and I have no idea how nor how to get them back. Can anybody help me? -- Pedo00ab ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pedo00ab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378498 Make sure you are not in full screen mode, does F11 change things. There are different options used for Full Screen. Typically in Full Screen mode (F11 or under View menu) all that you would see is the menu ...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. I was having the same issue whe I tried to unzip the files. Check the file with the extension of “.z01”. When I downloaded this file it downloaded with an extension of “.z01.zip”. Once I removed the “.zip” the files extracted properly. Hope t...

Editing ppt created in 2003
I'm using 2007 and trying to edit a ppt that was created in 2003. There is a text box at the bottom of each Title master slide (there are 5 different versions) that is used for the presentation name, date and slide number. I've tried editing the Master title slide for each of the 5 groups but can't get the chages to apply to all of the slides - it will only apply to those slides that I've actually edited. Can someone help? The placeholders must be on the master slides and then they appear (or should appear) on all the slide layouts (the small thumbnails) associate...

calculated field in pivot
Hello, I have a pivot with calculated fields in, however they seem to be bringing back incorrect data eg. Total Number of points: 23 Number of correct points: 16 Percent correct: 61.1% where it should read 69.5% now I need to know how I can view what formula has been used so that I can correct it. Thank you Tracey Need sample of source, pt and cf data. You are doing something wrong. Check the references very carefully. I've been using pivot tables since, well, for a very long time and I've never once experienced the kind of results you are describing. ...

Database and Log Transaction Size
We recently deployed Exchange Server 2003 and the storage database and transaction logs keep increasing. We are running out of space and were wondering how other people are handling this kind of situation. The circular logging is not enabled, but from what I have read so far it's not a good idea to enable it and we were wondering if there is an effective and easiest way to reduce or prevent these databases and transaction logs from increasing. Thank you very much for your help. The logs are deleted after backups are run. You are running backups, arent you? "." <gilbert...

How to import 401k/403b transactions
Hi Group: I have tried everything I could, but I am still unable to import 401k/403b transaction. Anyone know what I could do to import 401k/403b transaction? I do get position, but not individual transaction thanks We need more information from you: what version of Money? From where are you trying to import? How? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Jinsong Liu" <jliu@waveseeker.com> wrote in message news:4ihuk09mbufibv48b472d0n80mnn5fqhco@4ax.com... > Hi Group: > > I have tried everything I could, but I am still unable to import > 401k/403b transaction. Anyone know what...

Different source transaction values in same batch?
We ran into a strange situation today....here are the pertinent facts: 1. A Receiving batch containing 37 different shipment transactions was posted. 2. Transactions 1-32 have the following: TRXSORCE = GLTRX00037046 ORGNTSRC = RECVG00001854 ORTRXSRC = RECVG00001854 3. Transactions 33-37 have the following: TRXSORCE = GLTRX00037047 ORGNTSRC = GLTRX037046 ORTRXSRC = GLTRX037046 We were wondering why transactions 33-37 would have different values in the listed fields? It certainly is making it difficult for us to reconcile our inventory accounts. The o...

Edit documents whilst attached to notes
Having attached a word document to a Note (say, connected to a scheduled meeting), I would like to be able to subsequently edit this document. It is possible to open this document in word by right-click, open in new window. But changes are not saved to the original. Having created a document for a meeting and attached it, I would love to be able to modify it "live". -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" bu...

error when trying to alter table in transaction
Hello there I have table which hold SQL script for alter modules I'm tring to run it one by one in try_catch inside of transaction and i'm getting this error: The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction. why? ...

Modifications to sop transaction screen
Is it possible to modify the layout of the sop transaction entry screen? A customer wants to be able to see the item description along with the item code. They don't want to have to click on the show button since this only shows one line at a time. If it is possible, what are the implications re: upgrades, service packs, etc.? Jamrock- Yes. You might be able to do this with Modifier (I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure), and you could definitely do it with Dexterity. As a general rule, I examine as many alternatives as possible before creating a modified form (using...

Editing NDR
It has been requested to me to be able to edit the NDR when an email is sent to someone that is no longer in our organization. They just want to add a phone contact in case an email is sent to an unknown mailbox. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks. ...

Analytics Foundation and SQL Server Standard Edition
Hi CRM community! As one of my first assignments, I'm asked to explore and report on Microsoft CRM Analytics Foundation on codeplex.com. I installed everything on my VPC image of Adventure Works Cycles, it works like a charm. However, my concern is, do I really need SQL Server Enterprise Edition to run this? On the website of AF, I'm told I need SQL Standard Edition (or above), but the whitepaper says I need the SQL Enterprise Edition. I tried to deploy on a server with only the SQL Standard Edition, with no success. It seems like I'm missing some components, which are avai...

VBA Coding Help
Hi, I am updating our invoice form which is generated from Access via VBA to Word. I need to replace 1 field from the main table with another field in VBA. When I just change all instances of the old field name to the new field name I get an error code every time. Can someone advise me the est way to update this? I need to move "SalesDate" and "SaleDate2" to "REPPUN" please see the code below and I apologize if this is too much code but I am very basic with VBA and don't know what you might need to help me. 'Build SQL clauses for re...

Troubles with editing XSLT doc
Hy I'm trying to edit a XSLT document, just like I'm editing a XML document : (Im trying to make a new xsl:template tag here ) Dim myXml As New XmlDocument() myXml.Load(Server.MapPath("XSLLinks.xslt")) Dim XmlLinks As XmlElement Dim XmlNewLink As XmlElement XmlLinks = myXml.SelectSingleNode("//xsl:stylesheet") XmlNewLink = myXml.CreateElement("xsl:template") XmlLinks.AppendChild(XmlNewLink) myXml.Save(Server.MapPath("XSLLinks.xslt")) But instead I get this error: Namespace Manager or XsltContext needed. This query has a prefix, variable, ...

Edit Master/Child Links
Hi All, When a subform is first setup I get the opportunity to edit the master/child relationship, but can never remember how to get back to that screen. Anyone know what I mean and can advise please. Regards. Bill. 1. Open the main form in design view. 2. Right-click the edge of the subform control, and choose Properties. 3. It's on the Data tab of the Properties box. The trick is that you need to get the properties of the subform *control*, not the properties of the form in the subform control. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users...

How to merge transactions
I'm using MS Money 2006 and recently started using the Bill Pay feature in Money. My settings create a transaction record in the respective Bill Pay bank account within Money. Once my bank clears the transaction, a transaction downloads from my bank account into Money. For some reason these transactions don't "merge" in Money as most other transactions do with the same key data points (Payee, Date, Amount, etc.) Is there any way to manually merge these transactions instead of deleting one of the transactions? The "duplicate" transactions throw off my actu...

Can't see transactions to view in register
Money crashed when performing the transaction matching process after downloading my statement. It now shows I have 21 transactions to view, but they do not show up in the register. I've tried to delete the statement, but even after I click OK, the transactions to view is still at 21. Each time I go to download new transactions, Money keep crashing. I have a backup, but it seems to have the same problem. I've also reinstalled the program. Any ideas? Thanks, Jason In microsoft.public.money, JS wrote: >Money crashed when performing the transaction matching process after >...

eConnect 7.5 SOP Transaction Markdown Amounts
I am using eConnect 7.5.2.12 to create and update SOP Transactions. I add lines to existing SOP Invoices using the taSopLineIvcInsert node. This seems to work fine unless I set the markdown amount for the line (MRKDNAMT). I am using markdown amounts that have up to five decimal places (ie $1.00213). The sales document looks fine in GP but I cannot get the distributions to balance. It looks like the markdown amount is correct at the SOP Detail level and in the Distribution records but not the SOP Header. The value seems like it is being rounded incorrectly. If I query the SOP10100 and SOP1...

HOWTO Change the color in Edit Box
I'm a newbee at MFC. I'm writing a Typing Tutor program. So whenever the user presses the wrong key, the corresponding character that appears in the Edit box should turn red. I found the functions for changing the color of whole of the text, but couln't find any to change the color of a particular character, If anybody could please give me some answer. Thanx in advance........ (Nitin) Use a CRichEditCtrl instead of a CEdit. I don't think there is any way to do this with a plain edit (or derived from it) box. Ruben On 11 Sep 2003 02:55:56 -0700, nitinbhardwaj80@hotmail....

intermittent error message when editing data in a form
I'm running Access 2003 with the back end on a network server, and multiple users running their individual front ends from their local C drives. The users sometimes get this message when they try to edit data in one of the forms: Write Conflict This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record, you will overw3rite the changes the other user made. Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered, and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make changes. Save Record - C...

Check for Duplicate Values on Form to Edit Them
Hello all, I have a problem with updating on my form. I have a form, TrainingHistory, that is linked to a table by the same name. There are three fields showing: FullName, ClassName, and DateTaken. For each person, I am only interested in the MOST RECENT date they took any given class. So what I want is to be able to enter a name and class, and have Access check the table for this combination of name and class. If such an entry already does exist, I would like the form to bring up that entry, and that entry alone, for editing of the date. There should also be a message explaining what ju...