To be able to copy the format of the report to another report

Modify two different invoice forms and also two different forms for
HISTORICAL invoice printing. A number of modifications have been done and it
would be very much helpful if there's a way to copy the format of one to
report to another.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=003a83c6-f061-445b-b20d-cf4cd048d550&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
reports (3)

Are you trying to have to invoice forms (ie. Blank Paper and Long Paper)
identical and then the corresponding Historical Blank and Historical Long
forms have the same layout or are you asking to just copy a few specific
calculated fields, formats, etc?

David

"Copy the format of the reports" <Copy the format of the
reports@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Modify two different invoice forms and also two different forms for
> HISTORICAL invoice printing. A number of modifications have been done and
> it
> would be very much helpful if there's a way to copy the format of one to
> report to another.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=003a83c6-f061-445b-b20d-cf4cd048d550&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
david4610 (6)
9/15/2005 2:30:56 PM
The Blank Invoice and Historical Blank invoice have the same layout and would
need to copy the invoice layout of the blank invoice to historical.

"David" wrote:

> Are you trying to have to invoice forms (ie. Blank Paper and Long Paper)
> identical and then the corresponding Historical Blank and Historical Long
> forms have the same layout or are you asking to just copy a few specific
> calculated fields, formats, etc?
>
> David
>
> "Copy the format of the reports" <Copy the format of the
> reports@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Modify two different invoice forms and also two different forms for
> > HISTORICAL invoice printing. A number of modifications have been done and
> > it
> > would be very much helpful if there's a way to copy the format of one to
> > report to another.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=003a83c6-f061-445b-b20d-cf4cd048d550&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Use Customization Maintenance (Tools >> Customize >> Customization
Maintenance) to export each report to a ".package" file.  Open the files
with Notepad.  Copy everything from after the second line in the Blank
Invoice layout and paste it over everything after the second line in the
Historical Blank Invoice file.  In the new Historical Blank Invoice file, do
a search and replace (Ctrl-H) to change the two tables as follows:

From:                               To:
SOP_HDR_WORK  --> SOP_HDR_HIST
SOP_LINE_WORK --> SOP_LINE_HIST

Save the file and import via Customization Maintenance.

> The Blank Invoice and Historical Blank invoice have the same layout and
> would
> need to copy the invoice layout of the blank invoice to historical.
>
> "David" wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to have to invoice forms (ie. Blank Paper and Long Paper)
>> identical and then the corresponding Historical Blank and Historical Long
>> forms have the same layout or are you asking to just copy a few specific
>> calculated fields, formats, etc?
>>
>> David
>>
>> "Copy the format of the reports" <Copy the format of the
>> reports@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Modify two different invoice forms and also two different forms for
>> > HISTORICAL invoice printing. A number of modifications have been done
>> > and
>> > it
>> > would be very much helpful if there's a way to copy the format of one
>> > report to another.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=003a83c6-f061-445b-b20d-cf4cd048d550&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
david4610 (6)
9/15/2005 11:22:29 PM
'Tried doing that but when you try to print the modified report it will give
you an error.