Time-Card Solutions for GP Manufacturing

I've seen Time Matrix for Dynamics GP.

Are there any other competing solutions that Customers or Partners are
using/implementing?

--
Tim Foster
0

Maximum Data (An Accellos Company now) has a scanner system that is very
good.  I have it in use at several sites.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Tim Foster" wrote:

> I've seen Time Matrix for Dynamics GP.
>
> Are there any other competing solutions that Customers or Partners are
> using/implementing?
>

> --
> Tim Foster
0
info4071 (3005)
4/23/2009 5:57:02 PM
Richard,

I was hoping you would answer. Thank you.  I value your input.
--
Tim Foster

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Maximum Data (An Accellos Company now) has a scanner system that is very
> good.  I have it in use at several sites.
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Tim Foster" wrote:
>
> > I've seen Time Matrix for Dynamics GP.
> >
> > Are there any other competing solutions that Customers or Partners are
> > using/implementing?
> >

> > --
> > Tim Foster
0
tfoster (136)
4/23/2009 6:07:02 PM
There are a variety of Time Card systems, including biometric hand scanners.
Getting the data in manufacturing is not always easy.  If you find a good
time clock system, check it out twice, then let me know!
--

"Tim Foster" wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I was hoping you would answer. Thank you.  I value your input.
> --
> Tim Foster
>

> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > Maximum Data (An Accellos Company now) has a scanner system that is very
> > good.  I have it in use at several sites.
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Tim Foster" wrote:
> >
> > > I've seen Time Matrix for Dynamics GP.
> > >
> > > Are there any other competing solutions that Customers or Partners are
> > > using/implementing?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Tim Foster
0
info4071 (3005)

How best to set up credit card purchases which are paid out of chequing
I want to make purchases with a credit card... which I will immediately pay off thru my chequing account. With the credit card acct. I can specify the categories of purchases for budget & reporting purposes, but what do I put on the chequing account for my credit card payment? Won't that show as extra expense on my budget ?? How best to handle it? Also, how best to handle cash withdrawls from ATM from chequing acct. Creatinfg an account called cash is what I'm doing but when I fund it from chequing... it is like extra income and will distort my income amounts....no?? In micros...

New install of GP 9.0 and imported GP 7.5 data?
Currently, I'm running GP 7.5 and we are in the planning stages of our upgrade. The question that was asked, is it safe to do a fresh install of GP 9.0 and then import 7.5 data. No. Do a fresh install of v7.5 on a test box, restore data from live, do the upgrade. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "hgoodwin" wrote: > Currently, I'm running GP 7.5 and we are in the planning stages of our > upgrade. The question that was asked, is it safe to do a fresh install of GP > 9.0 and then import 7.5 data. > can I ask why? also one more question.. Is GP b...

Activity time not saving
I have a really weird issue going on with CRM. On June 18, all of the sudden CRM stopped saving time in activities. IF you save and complete it wipes out the time totally. IF you save then save again it keeps the time until you create another activity then it wipes out the time. I have reapplied rollup 1 and just applied rollup 2 and neither seem to help this problem. IF anyone has any ideas other then removing and re-installing crm I would appreciate it. ...

URGENT-Windows Live One Care Scan whacked my computer big time
I ran two of the three Windows Live One Care Scans... 1. Clean Up-get rid of unwanted stuff that might be slowing down your computer 2. Tune Up-defrag check, and do if needed (was not needed) might be more to this one I've run these scans previously with no problems. I ran them tonight and restarted my computer. When I restarted, had messages regarding Windows not knowing which program to use to open something (I forget exactly how that message is worded...it gives you the option to check the internet to find the program or to browse) I ignored the first message...thought ...

GP Table Structure
I too am learning Crystal Report. Its clear that understanding GP tables is key to writing Crystal Reports. It is also clear that comprehensive information regarding GP Table Structure is very hard to come by. Is there a textbook available that defines table names and inter relationships. Ed, Your best bet is the Microsoft Dynamics GP Software Development Kit (SDK) documentation. Accolade Publications also publishes a set of useful titles exclusively dedicated to explain in detail the flow of information and posting ("Information Flow & Posting") and other tricks of th...

International date settings for each country for GP
Two questions. 1. How can i change my date settings in Great plains to dd/mm/yyyy format. 2. Suppose somebody from US logs into my terminal server hosted in London, how can we ensure he/she sees only date as mm/dd/yyyy format instead of the normal european date format? Help appriciated. -Dilip You can perhaps create a second instance of your GP client on your Terminal Server and add the following line to your DEX.INI settings file: StdInternationalInfo=TRUE Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "dil...

2Up Post Cards & Merge
Need to send post cars with custom template and photo on one side, address info on other. Using Avery 8386. Having some problems. I created a master page of a background gradient with text overlay with some space reserved for a unique photograph, i.e. each card with have a different photo and different address. Haven't got to addressing yet. Using a SINGLE IMAGE per page, I inserted different photos on each page. WHen I print preview I do get cards each with a different photo. Now I need to add in the backs of the post-cards and the addressing. Confused. Do I add the postca...

VPN and GP 7.5
We currently have a remote user who connects to our LAN using VPN. He then uses Remote Desktop to connect to a system that is in house. He runs all his applications on the in house system. We have been experiencing printing issues with a few GP reports. Specifically the Purchase Advice Report. His printing issues seem to be intermittent. We do not have these issues with any other users. Are there any known issues with VPN, Remote Desktop, and GP? Thanks! Jessie ...

GP 8.0 installation/setup assistance
Can anyone advise me how/where to locate a bona fide expert in GP to install 8.0, (on a small office network - 5 workstations) set it up properly, provide some basic training, and then be available for telephone support on a "as needed" basis. We have been in contact with some MS Solutions Partners and though they no doubt are experts, their fees are simply out of the reach of a small business such as ours. If anyone could assist locating such an individual (in the Phoenix/Scottsdale AZ area) , it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.. Rick I think you ...

time
Thanks Myrna Thats exactly what I was looking for. Ada -- Adam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AdamB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27070 ...

Time reporting and work time classification?
Is there any way in CRM 3.0 (or Titan!) to handle time reporting and work time classification to follow-up the use of sales resources? I am aware that you can specify "duration" for example, on each Sales activity but is there any way for e.g. a Sales Manager to aggregate a report or otherwise measure how his sales guys have spent their time on a weekly or monthly basis? Or is this considered a HRMS issue that should be handled in the ERP system? Thanks! ...

Messages processed multiple times
We have an Exchange 2003 server, and are running Outlook 2000 for the desktops. One certain user is having email sent out multiple times. It doesn't happen with all of them, but usually with an attachment like Excel or Word. I don't see the messages appearing multiple times in the Sent folder. What can be causing this problem? ...

???: Freezing data at a set time
I am ingesting real-time temperature data into excel. I want to know what the temperature was at certain times of the day. How do I get the computer to save the temperature every hour but also keep importing and monitoring the current temperature ? Thanks, Grinch How are you ingesting? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cb601c4e34b$9bb94840$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How are you ingesting? Linking to a real-time data feed. ...

Dynamics GP 8 to 10 on Test Server
Our current system is Dynamics 8.0 sp5 on Windows Server 2000 sp4 with SQL 2000. the planned upgrade is to bring current server up to Windows 2003 with SQL 2005 and Dynamics 10.0 sp2. I have created a test environment and successfully restored BAK's of Dynamics and Company databases into SQL 2005. I'm unable to transfer security in Dynamics 10 Utility. I copied the Dynamics.set from the production server to the test server and I installed 10 without spaces in the path on the test server but I receive the message. "The application at the location you specified is a differen...

CRM vs GP
Hi all We've been doing some serious analysis on the pros-cons of MSCRM 1.2 versus GP 8.0. We wanted to use GP for backend stuff (credit card authorization, sales order management, etc) and CRM for the customer-facing stuff (call center, marketing campaign, etc). But in wanting to get views of, say, customer sales in CRM one needs to do customization work to bring in a view from GP. This is obviously an unnecessary duplication, in some respects. We only need some of the functionality of CRM, mainly the case management and lead management aspects, plus tracking activities (phone cal...

Integration with GP install problem
I am trying to install integration on CRM 1.0 But the setup stops midway. I have created the IntegrationUser account in the active directory and under CRM as given in the manual. But still i am getting error The user specified does not have the required CRM previleges. Has anyone else had this problem? is there something im missing Sounds like the machine doesn't have write rights on the machine where the integration is installed. Log on as the administrator. "sac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74d301c3e771$5067b380$a001280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Service pack upgrade
Hi all, I'm trying to migrate from GP 8.0 SP2 to SP5. I have customized screen for sales transaction entry. When i upgraded and tested it, i ended up with the issue of invoice not posting. Which was working correctly before the upgrade. Any thoughts could help me to solve it. Can anybody put your suggestions? Thanks for you support. Can you provide more details. 1.) Were you able to transfer all your customizations to the upgraded one - from screen, code, reports and tables ? 2.) During the upgrade, have you encountered problems? 3.) When you say not posting, are there any error re...

How do i make a time line?
How do i make a time line? What is a time line ?? "Tropica Photography enterprises" <Tropica Photography enterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:411FEE4F-E9B2-4789-9081-279AA0E3B012@microsoft.com... > How do i make a time line? "Tropica Photography enterprises" <Tropica Photography enterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:411FEE4F-E9B2-4789-9081-279AA0E3B012@microsoft.com... > How do i make a time line? http://www.microsoft.com/education/timelinesword.mspx There's trillions of w...

Investment Accounts over time
Is there a way to get a report which is a line chart of the value of multiple investment accounts over time, and compare them to the indexes (S&P, dow, nasdaq)?? I can compare individual stocks to indexes, and I can create a report of investment account value over time (using net worth report), but I can't seem to compare my entire portfolio to an index.... I've got money 03 I believe... Thanks! Cameron Cameron wrote: > Is there a way to get a report which is a line chart of the value of > multiple investment accounts over time, and compare them to the > indexes (S&...

GP has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am getting this message as soon as I launch GP 10 sp4 on 1 client workstation. I get this with any .set file and when launching dynamics.exe directly. I have copied the GP installed folder from a known good machine, and am thinking I will just uninstall\reinstall, however, under add\remove programs I can only "Change". I am running as a domain admin and tried launching setup from the installation media to do a repair, or even install another instance of GP but running setup.exe just hangs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Rob What is th...

Microsoft Business Solutions CRM Redeployment Tools
On this group I see many users saying they have built a demo crm system perhaps in a test domain and now want to move it to their production domain. Typically this has been impossible or at least very hard as all the CRM records are tied into your active directory therefore moving the database to a new active directory is difficult to say the least. However now a tool from Microsoft is available which will do exactly that. Keep in mind that you are advised to follow the tool exactly and do not try to take shortcuts but good results have been reported with it. I have not used it personally as ...

Always show resource time as busy
Hi I have laptops as resources that auto accept with no problems. However when a user books a resource it may be that they need it for a few days and do not want their time booked as busy. If you set the time as free then this also applies to the resource. Is there anyway you can set resources to always book themselves as busy. If not have asnyone come up with a good working process as a solution. Thanks Blake ...

Background Image for Folded Card
I am printing a folded (greeting) card and want the background image to bleed onto the front and back side of the completed project. Pub 2000 had a template with a snowflake that did this. How can I reproduce it with a different image? The snowflake template simply used an image and moved it to the fold line on both the front and back. It gives the impression of wrapping. If you want to use a different image, copy your picture, align them perfectly on top of each other, with the crop tool, crop the top image left to where you want the bleed, crop the bottom image likewise right. -- M...

keyboard shortcut too enter a time/date stamp into a word2007 dox
where is any way, like a keyboard shortcut, too enter a time/date stamp into a word2007 dox? Alt+Shift+D, but note that it inserts a DATE field, which will update with other fields. If you want a static date/time, you will need to immediately unlink the field (Ctrl+Shift+F9). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "save" <save@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68758432-F6E5-443B-A546-44773192F231@microsoft.com... > where is any way, like a keyboard shortcut, too enter a time...

timestamp grouped as time interval
hi everyone, I've got a lot of table of recorded phone calls. PHONE CALLS(callid, time, purpose) and i want to create a query to count these calls grouped by half hour interval like: Time Period Total Calls ------------------ ----------------- 9:00-9:30 25 9:30-10:00 40 10:00-10:30 55 is there a way to do this? --Stefano You can find the int of the time * 48 since there are 48 half hours in a day. Then divide by 48. Format(Int([TimeField]*48)/48,"Short Time") -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP ...