Time Card setups

Hello,
We are implementing HR for a client.  What is the best practice in importing
Time Code assignments to employees and establishing beginning leave balances?

--
Greg.
0

Online account setup
I have accounts with Putnam Investments and Sharebuilder.com. Both of which can synchronize data with MSN Money on the web. Neither of which can synchronize data with my desktop version of Microsoft Money 2004. Money 2004 just says that these bank are not included in it's database, so I can't figure out how it works at the website, but not from my desktop. I keep trying to get updates to my desktop version of Money to see if there is a patch which includes new financial institutions, but they just never seem to come through. ...

Time calculations for Scheduled vs Actual Employee Time and Wages 11-28-09
I am THRYING and TRYING to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) ...

Adding Barcode at time of sale??
We create our manufacturer pre-barcoded items using a dummy item number which we then replace by wanding the item with the Operations Manager item window open and the dummy # highlighted. If we forget to do that in advance, POS will not recognize the barcode when we sell the item so we have to do an item lookup to find it. Taking time to go into Manager at that point is alittle awkward with the customer waiting. Is there a way to replace the dummy item number in POS, during the sale?? -- WineGuy The Item Properties window in POS is essentially identical to the one in manager. Once yo...

advanced find using TIME properties
Friends, I'm new to this question/answer forum. I'm a strong user of OL2002 and often use ADVANCED SEARCH to look up old, filed email messages. The TIME properties offer several options...but not, for me, the all-important BEFORE, AFTER or BETWEEN DATES property. Is there a way to search with such date parameters? Thanks in advance! Jay in PA does it not work to use those properties? (advanced tab, select from date and time fields) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http:...

Time format control
Hi everyone, I have a time of 08:38 and would like to truncate the last minute by using formatting to achieve 08:30. I currently do this using a formula to remove the last minute. I have tried custom formatting of hh.m but I still get 08:38. I have even tried hh.m"0" but get 08:380. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards Brad You can use this formula, it sounds as though you want round down to nearest 10th minute =FLOOR(A1,1/144) -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brad kennedy" <brad_6663@hotmail...

Read Only Access Second time opening
I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and modify the file once but if I close it and open it again it wont allow me write access, but only read access to this file. Any ideas? Try cleaning up your windows temp folder and then reopen your workbook. You may have to reboot. Rebecca wrote: > > I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. > > I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and > modify the file once but if I close it and open it again > it wont allow me write access, but only read access ...

MACROS SETUP
I would like to set up a macro to do the following: RUN MACRO = SENDING E-MAIL Set up Retreive info from several files (specefic worksheet). Retreive base on number e.g (111-0 or 187-1 etc).Each number has an e-mail address. Format to send as e-mail: 1st TEN rows of the worksheet and rows corresponding with the numbers (117-0) Retreive ONE row above and below numbers Page break if several numbers has the same e-mail within a file/worksheet Page break when retreive info from different file Hi just as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Setup dropdown list that selection references another dropdown
How do you create a dropdown list that references another dropdown list? ex: selection #1 references the selections in another dropdown list and selection #2 references the selections in a different dropdown list Hi Denny, I am really not sure if you mean dependant lists (or cascading dropdowns as they are often called). If so, then have a look at the following link. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html If not what you want then need some more explanation. -- Regards, OssieMac "Denny" wrote: > How do you create a dropdown list that referen...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

Convert Time...!convert tenths of a second
How can i convert tenths of a second to time (Hours, min,sec ). Can this happen with macro..? Hi try the following formula =A1/(24*60*60*10) and format the resulting cell as time "Pape" wrote: > How can i convert tenths of a second to time (Hours, min,sec ). Can this > happen with macro..? try custom format [h]:mm:ss.0 if not available introduce it. you will get for e.g. 10:13:12.5 is this what you want Pape <Pape@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4102ED26-AD8D-4454-AE81-AA1C8E7C66F1@microsoft.com... > How can i convert tenths of a second to...

Excel file size increased 3 times after saving!!!!
Hi all, I have a very strange situation with my Excel workbook. I created Excel workbook with conditional formulas (no other formulas) which total size is 3 Mb. After I put simple data for calculation and saved the workbook the size increased to 10Mb! The data itself is just about 70Kb. I use Excel 2002 at work. I should put this workbook on our company server, but our network is not very good and people can't open it because of the 10MB. I have never seen this before! Can somebody help please? Thank you in advance! I don't claim to be an expert on Excel by any...

Date and time calculations
Hello, I have a problem with a formula in wich I like to add up an amount of hours to a date/time value. Please find below an example of what I am trying to do. Value A1: 15/03/2005 22:00 (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm) Value A2: 5 (hours) In cel A3 I would like to get the value of A1+A2 (result 16/03/2005 03:00) Can someone suggest what formula I must use? Thanx very much! Robert =a1+(a2/24) Format the way you like. (5 hours is 5/24ths of a day.) Robert wrote: > > Hello, > > I have a problem with a formula in wich I like to add up an amount of > hours to a date/time value. >...

need variable time axis available in XY chart for area chart #3
I am unable to use different X axis in the Area chart, which is available in the X Y charts. How do I use the X Y chart features of variable X axis to make the area chart? ...

Time stamp in Excel Sheet
I am looking to entering a value into column A (Data Point), then on column B (Time Stamp), the time that value A was entered. Then another value will be entered into A2 and would like the time that Data Point 2 was entered into B2 and so on. I have tried the IF statement =IF(A1,NOW(),"") in B1,B2, B3... but every time the work sheet reculculates, the Time Stamp column becomes the same. How can I stop this from happening or am I going about this the wrong way. Take a look at http://www.4-consulting.com/News/Ezine_4/Ezine_4_03.htm#t16 "John M" <John M@discussi...

i share my copmuter. how can i setup seperate new user account
hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter with another users Maybe asking in a newsgroup dedicated to Outlook would be better. sofia wrote: > > hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter > with another users -- Dave Peterson Connect to an Outlook newsgroup through.............. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 05:39:01 -0700, sofia <sofia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter >with anoth...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

Total of Time
I'm recording the time I spend working on a piece of work in a spreadsheet along with meeting details etc. I've 2 columns that are start and finish times and a third that works out duration. I then want to total the duration into total hours but I can't find a way to do this Any help please TIA Assuming your duration is in column C, just use =SUM(C1:C100) XL's default display will "roll over" every 24 hours. To get the actual total, choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm In article <#NJENCGYEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "A" <a...

setup outlook 97 email
I use cox ISP and I am new to outlook, I have no idea what to use for the servers SMTP and POP3, also is the account name the same as the ISP account name and password? Thanks. mike wrote: > I use cox ISP and I am new to outlook, I have no idea what to use for the > servers SMTP and POP3, also is the account name the same as the ISP account > name and password? Thanks. Follow the instructions provided by your ISP's web help pages or call their tech support. They know the settings. you will need to ask Cox Cable. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the ...

how do I import data (distance and time) from MapPoint to Excel?
I have an Excel application which uses distabce and time obtained from MapPoint. Actually I enter those figures manually in my Excel worksheet. Is there way I can import these figures directlt to my Excel cells from MapPoint? Thank you for your answer ...

how do I set up my account for the first time?
new company has instructed to "change my outlook settings", but that's it. I know they use the pop3 outgoing, and I know my dsl server. I just don't think I'm doing something right! bibbpromo <bibbpromo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > new company has instructed to "change my outlook settings", but > that's it. I know they use the pop3 outgoing, and I know my dsl > server. I just don't think I'm doing something right! Tell us what version of Outlook you're using, what you've done so far, what doesn't work, and any...

Changing default Appointment Time from 30 minutes?
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how to change the default Appointment Time from 30 minutes to say "0" minutes? I'm running Outlook 2003. Stephen Morgan <kpsm99@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to change the default Appointment Time from 30 > minutes to say "0" minutes? I'm running Outlook 2003. Do you mean by "default appointment time" to be the time Outlook gives you between the start and end times when you create a new appointment? I believe 30 minutes is the minimum unless the slot for the appointment is preselected. If you...

Amnesty for illegal immigrants will not happen this time.....................

Visual Studio Setup project. Vista and Xp differences
Question 1: I develop on Vista and my project consists of myExe.exe and myProj.dll. I use Visual Studio 2008's Setup Project to produce setup.exe and .msi. It installs and works on other Vista systems but on Xp systems, it installs but upon launch I get 'procedure entry point _ftol2 not found' errors. Not surprisingly, I found that this error goes away on Xp if I compile and build the same VS2008 project on a Xp machine instead. Anyway I don't need to do this? Question 2: My myProj.dll is dependent on mfc90ud.dll, msvcp90d.dll, msvcr90d.dll and etc. accord...

date and time formatting
I have a formula in which the date and time are present in cells, bu when the destination cell returns them, they are in their numerica value. I need them to appear in the destination cell the same way the do in their home cells. here is the formula: ="p-v-w-"&B154&" ph "&E154&" fax "&H154&" ** "&X154&" * "&Y154&" "&AA154&" * "&" * "&AB154&" "&(Y4)&" - "&(Y5) y4 and y5 are the date and time cell refs Thanks and Happy ...

TIME SHEETS
I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-5:00 = 8 hours? See Chip Pearson's site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:54:58 -0700, puzzled <puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a >formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? > (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-...