Time Capture - Project Accounting

Hi,

my organization (a municipality) is in the process of implementing Microsoft
GP 10. We are looking to implement the project accounting module for all of
our regular operations.  We are not implementing the payroll side of GP as
the payroll and human resources components do not meet our needs.  We have
selected Stargarden as our payroll/HR vendor and now need to review the
integration.  We are looking at having time capture carried out in Stargarden
and then feeding the information to project accounting.

Does anybody have any experiences with this sort of situation?  Your
comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek Coffey
0
Coffey (2)

Creating Return from Project to vendors from PA Module
Hi, I am not familar with the project accounting, struckup with the functionality. I am trying to create a return entry for "Return Non-Inventory items from projects to vendors". I am trying to return a single ("1") quantity, When entering the value in Quantity field it pops me a warning message saying "You are not allowed to return a quantity greater than the actual posted quantity". What is the functionality that i'm missing. If possible can anyone tell me the functionality to create a return from Project Accounting. Thanks in advance, Regards, Shan....

How to change the case of a character at run time (CEdit control)
Hi all. I want for certain character pressed to be translated to upper case so that in control the letter appears always in upper case I tried using PreTranslateMessage but I realized that wParam and lParam are the same if I press that letter in lowercase or in uppercase so I don't know how to do it. In OnChar handler I cannot modify the value of the character Thanks in advanc Jaime PreTranslateMessage is probably the worst possible place to do this. In fact. this is one of the common abuses of PreTranslateMessage. Why not just set the style of the edit control to "uppercase"...

Calculating Time difference based on a condition
I have 3 columns that have date/time on the first column and device status on the 2nd column and calculated Time difference on the third column. I have sample data below. I have to subtract the first instance of ENABLE DEVICE DATE/TIME from the previous MALF DEVICE DATE/TIME to get the difference. I do not worry about the DISABLE Device date/time at all. I could do this manually but there are about 20,000 records to go through. I don't know if there is a worksheet function that will do this automatically for me. Date/Time DEVICE STATUS TIME DIFFERENCE 6/7/04...

TIME X MONEY
I'm trying to work my payroll sheets via excel and am running into an error when trying to multiply the hourly rate by the hours worked. I am using excel 2007, the time is formatted to HH:MM:SS and when I for example myltiply 08:00:00 by $12 the result is $3.96, when in fact it should read $96.00. Any suggestions or formulas would be appreciated. Try... =(A1*24)*12 where A1 houses a time value like 08:00:00. The formula cell must be formatted as number or currency. MattG wrote: > I'm trying to work my payroll sheets via excel and am running into an error &...

Project Server 2007 Deployment on Windows server 2008 and SQL Serv
I want to deploy this scenario with two server installation in which one is application server and other is database server . 1st server installation softwares : ---------------------------------------- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition Project server 2007 with SP 2 2nd Server Installation softwares : ---------------------------------------- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SQL Server 2008 I want to know it will work well with this scenario and windows server 2008 and sql serve 2008 are fully compatible with project server 2007. and is there will no issues ...

Lead v/s contact v/s account v/s opportunity
Hi, I am trying to understand a few basic things about Microsoft CRM. I would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on the following questions: 1. Is the following definition of "Lead" correct? A lead is a person who we come to know from somewhere. Technically, a lead must have a name and optionally the company the lead belongs to. According to the CRM UI, a lead may be converted to one or more of the following: a) an opportunity b) a contact c) an account. Or, a lead may just disqualify. 2. What is a contact? When would I convert a lead into a contact? 3. What is an accoun...

outlook just can start one time
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C360E9.B54C9F90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using win98 and outlook2002. I create a new profile for Outlook2002 = to connect to our Echange 2000 server. First time I can start = Outlook2002 and work fine. But after I close Outlook2002 and start it = again. I receive the following error message: Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, = then type your password again. If your account is new or if your = administrator r...

Deleted email account 04-12-10
I am using Windows Live Mail 2009 and Windows 7. I've been having trouble downloading mail from one particular address and my ISP tells me that the account is corrupt and I needed to delete and add again. I accidentally deleted it before moving the messages to a storage folder like it told me to do!!! I do regular backups and am hoping I can restore my messages that I had there a couple of days ago but am not sure what the files are called. Is this going to be possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks very much Please define 'regular' backups? What method or sof...

Crystal Columns Based on Time Elements
Hello: For those of you familiar with FRx, you know that you can have a column that references the current month and current fiscal year, and a separate column of data representing the current month but for the prior fiscal year. Is it possible to build this sort of logic in Crystal? I have written a complex inventory sales report that accurately shows sales data for any particular fiscal month and fiscal year. I wrote this based on parameter fields for month and year chosen by the end user when refreshing the report. But, I also need a column that shows that same data (same items) i...

Inactive Account's
Anyone know how to determine which accounts have been inactive for, say, 6 months? I know there the login timestamp on our DC's, but we have 3 and these get marked whenever any time of auth happens for a user. we want to find all the mailbox accounts that are inactive so we can disable them from getting anymore mail. we'd preferably like to do this via some code so we can write subsequent code to take action, but even if we could do it via a report, that would be better than nothing. is there a property for last_email_login as opposed to last domain resource login? Thanks muc...

Run time error '2001' You cancelled the previous operation
Hi, My data entry form was working just fine until I loaded the production data. Now I am getting the above error I cannot figure out why this is happening. The error is happening in the following code: Private Sub cboPlants_AfterUpdate() 'On Error GoTo Err_cboPlants_AfterUpdate Dim strPlants As String Dim strYear As String Dim TheDate As Date Dim strKey As Integer 'Code added If IsNull(cboPlants) Then Exit Sub End If If IsNull(Me!cboSource1) Then MsgBox ("Please select the Source") Me!cboSource1.SetFocus Else TheDate = Now() strPlants = Me!txtP...

Making an old account a retirement account.
I have been trying to figure out how to make an IRA at my credit union appear in my portfolio. If I were to set it up as brand new, I'd just say "retirement account" and be done. I cannot find a way to do this on an already set up account; there is nothing in details to "make this an investment account" Any solutions other than copying all the transactions from the old to the new or simply starting over? Thanks in advance, Harold Morgan ...

project timesheet distribution error
I am trying to post negative time (since the original time was incorrectly posted) for an employee in PA Timesheet entry. I am using the referenced original timesheet. When I enter the time and save, I get an error 'Incorrect Distribution'. I tried going to Distribution and bringing up the default entry but the error still continues. I have been able to do similar entries for other employees. Any ideas what could be missing here? There seems to be a bug with this. I've noticed that you can't reverse the enter original entry. For example if you posted 1.00 hours to a...

Converting website type project tot ASP.NET Web application
Hi, in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From my VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported in vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type. Is that possible. How? thanx ton On Feb 3, 10:27=A0pm, "ton" <t...@nospam.nl> wrote: > Hi, > > in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From= my > VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported = in > vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type. > > Is th...

MYOB accounting export
Importing Data from RMS into MYOB Accounting 1. Importing the Export file through Transaction Journals Available Fields from RMS Required Fields in Accounting Date Date Memo Memo Account Number Account Number Debit Amount Debit Amount Credit Amount Credit Amount * When importing the export information from RMS into MYOB Accounting the available fields from RMS match those in MYOB Premier, however, when the information has been imported into MYOB Accounting it does not tell it whether the data is Tax Inclu...

Cash receipts distribution accounts
I've got a situation where (recently) the cash account distribution line is blank when you enter a check (cash receipt) from a customer. All the defaults are properly set in the customer account, and it's setup to use the checkbook cash account. If you enter cash or a credit card payment, the distribution is properly populated. I've run every kind of check links and utility I can find. Any ideas? ...

Sending emails form the defult account
hi all, I'm using outlook 2007 and I have 2 accounts, I want to make replies through the defult account, but when I reply to the undefult account email it will send the emails form it. How can I let it send all emails for the both accounts by the defult account only. Thanks all By default a reply is sent from the account it was received on, hence you have change the account used for sending, manually "Misho" <Misho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FA24A55-D7EA-4DDA-8CF8-AF550F8E4660@microsoft.com... > hi all, > > I'...

Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. #3
I am having trouble sending to just aol all of a sudden. They hang in the queue and then time-out Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Accident Sent: 10/4/2005 3:14 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: usernamehere@aol.com on 10/5/2005 3:30 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <mydomainnamehere.com #4.4.7> Any ideas of what could be causing this? All other e-mails work and when I send from my yahoo account, ...

I cannot search a recently added email account
I recently had a corrupted POP address and needed to configure a new address, same address, different password. However, I had two identical email addresses within the profile, same password, but deleted them. I cannot now use the search function for this new email address...It and three other accounts are utilizing the same pst. file. What happens when you try? Which version of Outlook are you using? Assuming you are talking about Instant Search see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

Money 2005 and Sharebuilder accounts
Does MM2005 synchronize and integrate well with Sharebuilder.com accounts? They don't...and Microsoft actually took Sharebuilder off their list of banks which they support for online services. I hope they will provide support for them in the near future though. "TS" <maxview80@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a2592918.0409270945.68a78ef5@posting.google.com... > Does MM2005 synchronize and integrate well with Sharebuilder.com accounts? It sure would be nice if they put back!! "Joe Smith" wrote: > They don't...and Microsoft actually took Sharebu...

Project Server 2007 Manage Users Page Missing Show Options
Today it appears that my Manage Users page has become modified. The "Show" options" (All Users, Specific user) are no longer visible. Note: I have 2 instances: Production and Train. This issue is occurring in the Production instance only. When I launch Manage Users, all I see is the Search option, and aside from that, the page is blank. I can search for users, and if they have an account, it will find them. But the listing of users I always see is gone. I have made no configuration changes. I do not even know what would cause this to happen. Can anyone out there hel...

Default account
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 with a few accounts. One exchange-account and an account for an other mailserver. I want the last account to be the default-account for Outlook2003. When i change this setting, everything seems to work fine. But after a while (restart etc.) the exchage-account becomes default again. How can i fix this problem?? Robert What type is the seond account? Tried it with a new profile already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 -- ...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

count number of times a word appears in a column
I would like to produce a graph which counts the number of times 2 words appear in a column: online & offline to give me the total number of ports available i.e. offline. I would be very grateful if someone can point me in the right direction. Mike ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In XL help, look up COUNTIF -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity ...

Showing Times new roman while I set Arial in html messages
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to a different pc using OE 6 too mail draggin it into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work aro...