This Item not assigned to this site

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CA09E9.55B314B0

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to do an Inquiry on one of our item and it bounces back with =
an error message says" this item is not assigned to this site" . We are =
using GP 10 SP with Manufacturing and this item is a " MAKE" and we =
outsource the BOM.

When we created a MO/PO on this item, it took  the material and =
processed OK; but it got stuck while posting to GL and RECEIVING and the =
batch says" Line item contain errors" .

Any help will be appreciated highly
Regards,

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CA09E9.55B314B0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18783"></HEAD>
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hello Everyone,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I am trying to do an Inquiry on one of =
our item and=20
it bounces back with an error message says" this&nbsp;item is not =
assigned to=20
this&nbsp;site" . We are using GP 10 SP with Manufacturing and this =
item&nbsp;is=20
a " MAKE" and we outsource the BOM.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>When we created a MO/PO on this item, =
it took&nbsp;=20
the material and processed&nbsp;OK; but it got stuck while posting to GL =
and=20
RECEIVING and the batch says" Line item contain errors" .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Any help will be appreciated =
highly</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CA09E9.55B314B0--

0
viol-8-r (108)

When creating items, you first build a master record (IV00101) and then you
add Quantity/Site records (IV00102).  You should create site records for
items for all sites unless you really understand this and have a reason not
to.

When you attempt to receive an item or inquire on an item at a site where
the item is not represented (with a Quantity/Site record), you get these
errors.

To create all items in all sites, open the Site Maintenance window, click
the assign button, and then assign the site to all items.  It will NOT
over-write any existing data.  Do this for every site.

When adding records, either use the Quantity/Site window to add records for
each site or run the above process regularly for all sites.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Viol-8-r" wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I am trying to do an Inquiry on one of our item and it bounces back with an error message says" this item is not assigned to this site" . We are using GP 10 SP with Manufacturing and this item is a " MAKE" and we outsource the BOM.
>

> When we created a MO/PO on this item, it took  the material and processed OK; but it got stuck while posting to GL and RECEIVING and the batch says" Line item contain errors" .
>
> Any help will be appreciated highly
> Regards,

0
info4071 (3004)

CListView losing items
Hi, I have a problem with a CListView in report mode. I can add items but when I add the 10:th (or any > #10) item it's subtexts aren't shown, but is rather shown in the last element in the view (sorted by column #1 (ints showing the row number)) so far always the ninth element. result: 1 text 10 11 2 text 3 text 4 text 5 text 6 text 7 text 8 text 9 text corsponding to # 11 I can't figure this one out. Can someone please help me? For something like this you should post some code.. But here is how to fix half of your problem. get the return valu...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

Discontiuned inventory items
Once an item in inventory has been marked as discontinued and has a quantity on hand of zero, the user should have the option of removing it from lookup lists throughout the sales order processing and inventory modules WITHOUT removing history for the item and deleting the item. Can you please tell me how to do this? Is there a way to get the quantity to zero so that I can delete it? We are changing part numbers (again). I have over 700 parts in GP's and need only about 75 and I have never, in five years, been able to figure out how to do this. Any help you can give me would ...

matching items #2
Peter I am aware of the using filter on what worksheet, however i am being bit basic with what i am trying to achieve. I need the information t be on a seperate worksheet in a completely different arrangemen basically like a report with the information what i need being shown. am strying to show the principle in what i am trying to do with m quaestion. Thanks anyway. Ton -- tony lindsle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tony lindsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1499 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Error "Unable to Read Item" opening .msg files
I am having intermittent problems where a user will have saved a .MSG file from Outlook 2003, and then is unable to open it later. By default, these saved files are marked read-only, and the following error is displayed "Microsoft Office Outlook - You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." If the read-only option is unchecked, they receive the following error trying to open the file "Microsoft Office Outlook - Unable to read the item." This problem seems to occur randomly to different users. All of my users are using Outlook 20...

select multiple items from dropdown
hello everyone, i have a table which is populated using a form. one of the fields is person's name, the dropdown for which picks up data from a second table (which has an index and person's name). what i want to do is modify the form so that a user can select multiple items from the dropdown, but i havent been able fo find a way to do so. i am using access 2003. i know that access 2007 lets you do that, but i dont have an option of upgrading right now. i would appreciate your suggestions thanks, vc-programmer Create a related table, where you can store many options for one...

Can I arrange items on my clipboard in a specific order?
Is it possible to change the arrangement of items in my clipboard to a certain order to make it more usable for me? Thanks! ...

Reading other users 'sent items' folders
Hi all, When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for others to view the sent items folder? This does not appear as an option. Alternatively is there any other method to implement this? Many thanks - ras - Hi Craig! In Outlook you can right-click on Sent Items, select Properties, open Permissions tab and delegate appropriate permissions for other users. R.V. "Craig Pilkington" wrote: > Hi all, > > When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for > others to view the sent items folder? This does n...

Tracking PST items in CRM
I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his computer in CRM. When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error message about it not being in an active folder or something similar. Is it possible to track PST items in CRM? Thanks in advance. Only the default Outlook/Exchange/PST folder is being synch with Microsoft CRM. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Herb Powell" wrote: > I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his > computer in CRM. When he clicks ...

Startup Item pops up twice, taskbar color flips
On an Acer Aspire One, I put a notepad TO DO file in All Users Startup and it comes up twice. On this machine, I also have a wierdness in that the taskbar sometimes comes up Blue XP and others grey (like Win 98). - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows...

the one best overall training site/book?
I'm up for a new job and I qualify in every area except one... Excel. I have good understanding of basic Excel features (I can build simple spreadsheets and workbooks) but I need to expand this a great deal to have any chance for the job (more advanced formulas, integrating with other apps/servers etc...). I've found quite a few books, web sites, online classes etc... but since time is somewhat a factor for me I was wondering if you could suggest what you think is the one best overall learning tool for Excel? Thanks! Look for books written by John Walkenbach. Tyro "Ma...

Error: "A failure may have corrupted the content of the item..."
Hi there! In Outlook 2002, when replying back to an email, getting error message: "A failure may have corrupted the content of the item. Copy the content to a new item, or save the item as a text file or RTF file." Has anyone ever heard of this? If so, please let me know!!! thanks!!! cat I have a user who is experiencing the same problem when trying to reply to an HTML formatted email. Using Outlook 2000. I attempted to "repair" the Office installation, with no effect. Does anyone have an answer for this one? ...

Count items in cel
Okay, here's my problem: In my excel-list I have 3 codes: "l","s" and "ls". l is the equivalent of 1,50 euro s the equivalent of 1 euro ls is thus 2,50 euro The codes are entered during the month. At the end of the month I want to see how much someone has to pay. So if that's 3 times "l", 2 times "s" and 1 time "ls" that would be 9 euro. How do I do that in a formula? Thanks in advance! =(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"1s","")))/2 gives the number of "1s" values in A1 =LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"...

Tracking items to Cases
Hi.. We're busy trying to learn as much as we can but a few things seem to have us beat... I've searched the groups so decided to ask if you good folks can help! At the moment we mostly use the Service side of CRM... so we quite often have emails come in which we then tag the 'regarding' field to a case in CRM... The problem is that the 'lookup' box for Cases shows *EVERY* case... not just the 'Open' cases.... This is utterly impractical when you have 100's or 1000's of cases... Can anyone point me in the direction of how we can limit the displ...

Re-Assign Company also re-assigns tasks
If you are the owner of an account record in CRM & the account is re-assigned to someone else then all the activities (both open and history items!)are re-assigned to the new account owner. This is often not what is required - anyway that we can stop this so that re-assigning the account doesnt necessarily re-assign all activities related to it? Roger Sorry - please ignore this post; it's simple enough to do via Customisations, I was just loking in the wrong place before. Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:50DBF649-9179-4275-8963-0CAE...

Inventory Items
Is there a way to indicate an item is a drop ship on the inventory card? -- HK Could you use one of the user categories? -- Jim@TurboChef "HK" wrote: > Is there a way to indicate an item is a drop ship on the inventory card? > -- > HK ...

Item Integration not populating list price
I am doing and inventory item integration. I can't get the price group, default price level, or the list price to populate. I made sure the list price was put in the currency folder. My price group and price level values do exist. I have tried putting a constant (1.00) into the list price field and that doesn't work either. We are not using extended pricing. Any ideas? Jenny, You will need to have to sources: one for your items and one for your list price. Since list prices are part of the currency collection, IM expects a one to many relationship between the ...

How to permanently change automatic color assignments in a pivot .
I am displaying several measurments over time for on pivot chart for one test sample at a time. I changed the line color so to convey results more "intuitively" But found that once I select a different test sample to display, all color assignemnt return to default. How do I change the default line color assignment for series? Found one trick is Tool < Option < Color, then click on each color block for chart lines to modify to color sequence. Still unsure of how to change the "default" marker shape and color "consuelof" wrote: > I am displaying se...

How to disable "delete opportunity" menu item and action?
I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing users to "close" the opportunity with a reason. This update needs to be in two places: 1) Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the screen. 2) Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>. Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen? Thanks. Steve. Suggest you look at user role settings in order to accomplish this. -Chris There is no supported method to remove the interface elements. However what you c...

Shortcuts: Tutorial to create a shortcut for menu items
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3183098842_4321011 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I have just added the Shortcut Page to Entourage Help site. The info can also be used in any application, so if you were wanted to create a shortcut for a menu item, be sure to check out the tutorial for using Keyboard Maestro to create shortcuts. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/shortcuts.html> You�ll find links to the following topics...

Again
This has been an issue for a few weeks now. I have observed not only an arbitrary deletion of a message that came into my Inbox about 2 minutes before, but also seeing the Deleted Items folder being completely emptied. Both actions took place within a few seconds of each other This occured with zero user input from me and there are no user recipient policies in place. The enviroment is Exchange 2000\SP3 under Windows 2k, fully patched Nothing out of the ordinary in event viewer. No recipient message policies. No nothing. Any thoughts? George Do you see vanished messages as rec...

Mail goes to Deleted Items
When receiving e-mail from a couple specific people, the e-mail flashes momentarly on the screen then goes to the trash can! Any thoughts on how to resolve this problem? Set up a rule using tools and add their domain name or email address and direct it to any folder you choose. >-----Original Message----- >When receiving e-mail from a couple specific people, the >e-mail flashes momentarly on the screen then goes to the >trash can! Any thoughts on how to resolve this problem? >. > Check your rules, there was a virus that was out awhile back that created a rule to delet...

How to assign loan to a category?
Hello, let's say, I took a loan in order to cover my big expense on what's usually is category X - such home repairs, or new car. Is there a way to assign loan amount to category X? Regards I don't think you want to categorize the loan amount. Think of this more like using a credit card. Categorize the spending when/where it occurs. Say you buy a car. With a Loan. The day you buy the car, you make a whopping, say, $25,000 Automobile:Payments expense in addition to the amount of cash you bring for a down payment and taxes and fees and so forth and the value of your trad...

Outlook
How do I change the way items are deleted in this folder, i.e. delete by date deleted, not by date original message was received. Carol <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I change the way items are deleted in this folder, i.e. delete > by date deleted, not by date original message was received. Items in Deleted Items don't get removed on a scheduled basis unless you have autoarchive doing that deletion or you have the option enabled to empty the folder when Outlook closes. Besides, Deleted Items holds trash. Why do you care about the deletion order? -- ...

EX2K3 and EX5 sites
Our company has one Exchange O, but it has 2 Exchange sites. Site A has Exchange 2003 servers and Site B has one Exchange 5.5 server. Here's our problem: Users from Site B (Exc5.5) no longer show up in the GAL for Site A (Exc2K3). I know email is being routed properly, but I can't figure out why users from Site B (5.5 server) will no longer show up on Site A (2003 server). Any ideas will be appreciated. Edward. P.S. The Site connector seems to be fine, no passwords have been changed either. Do u have recipient connection agreement set up for the Exchange 5.5 containers? -- ...