Text fields in report writer

I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter
a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something
totally different.  Has anyone seen this before?  Reports that I have been
using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different.
 ?????  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!
0
J (145)

Hi J.

We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do
not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the
dictionary to work on it.

What I do is make a copy of the entire dictionary - modify the report - and
then replace the entire 'production' dictionary.
For added measure, my copy is on the server (I sometimes lose formatting if
I work on my workstation and send back to the server).

Hope this helps,
M.

"J" wrote:

> I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter
> a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something
> totally different.  Has anyone seen this before?  Reports that I have been
> using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different.
>  ?????  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!
0
Maria1 (236)
6/14/2007 4:01:00 PM
Thank you for the tip!

"Maria" wrote:

> Hi J.
>
> We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do
> not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the
> dictionary to work on it.
>
> What I do is make a copy of the entire dictionary - modify the report - and
> then replace the entire 'production' dictionary.
> For added measure, my copy is on the server (I sometimes lose formatting if
> I work on my workstation and send back to the server).
>
> Hope this helps,
> M.
>

> "J" wrote:
>
> > I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter
> > a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something
> > totally different.  Has anyone seen this before?  Reports that I have been
> > using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different.
> >  ?????  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!
0
J (145)
6/14/2007 5:58:01 PM
I actually prefer to avoid any shared dictionaries.  I like using a central
update area to automatically synchronise the client installs when logging in.

This allows you to work locally on a report until you have it perfect and
then "publish" it by copying the updated dictionary to the central location.
Next login, everyone has the new report.

This is also better from a performance and corruption viewpoint.

If you are interested in how this method works, please get your partner to
email me at the address below (remove the online. first).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Maria" wrote:

> Hi J.
>
> We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do
> not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the
> dictionary to work on it.
>
> What I do is make a copy of the entire dictionary - modify the report - and
> then replace the entire 'production' dictionary.
> For added measure, my copy is on the server (I sometimes lose formatting if
> I work on my workstation and send back to the server).
>
> Hope this helps,
> M.
>

> "J" wrote:
>
> > I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter
> > a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something
> > totally different.  Has anyone seen this before?  Reports that I have been
> > using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different.
> >  ?????  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

open two different Access reports

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Getting the BCC field by default.

Input to custom reports

parameter for text

COUNTIF on Summary Fields
Can't use on a cell that "sums" with arithmetic operators "+". Is there a workaround, etc.? a bit more explanation? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:117v954kaf4s2f6@corp.supernews.com... > Can't use on a cell that "sums" with arithmetic operators "+". Is there a > workaround, etc.? > > ...

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Crystal Report Launch 2
(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!) Can anyone explain this better? I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to be useless: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842 can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen that url in another browser I get this error: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt. any help would be greatly ...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

#error in the calculated field
Hello, I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. My qeustion is, is it the reason we see the "# error" in the VAT checking field??. I tried to ck formula in the qrid query, nothing wrong Thanks for your explanation -- H. Frank Situmorang On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:33:01 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to >input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. > >My q...

Report not giving same output on all machines.
I have a report that it supposed to include a number in the total if the percentage is 15%. I round up the %age. All the users are getting the correct total on the report except one user. The total on that machine is coming out to be less. its the same report and same version of Access (2002 - 2003). Cannot figure out why only one computer is having this issue. Thanks in advance. Venus, Pretty hard to say without knowing more details about the query behind the report, or what one PC returns for records, as compared to what the problem PC returns. For example... If ...

Transferring the text of an email from notebook to desktop?
I can access files from my notebook on my desktop via my wireless connection. I have Office 2007 on both machines. What would be the best way to access the text of an email on the notebook from my desktop. Would (can) the context of the email in outlook on the notebook be copied or transferred to a file that I can access from my desktop? Any help would be very much appreciated Jerry You could open the Outlook PST on the notebook from Outlook on the Desktop using File | Open ... (ensure you are sharing the folder the Outlook PST is in). Only Outlook on the Notebook could be open at ...