Technical Documentation #2

All,

We're getting ready to install Great Plains and I will like to better 
understand the backend(database) processing of Great plains. I would like to 
know what each table is and when is it used in the process. Is there any 
technical documentation that describe the tables and the process. Any help 
or suggestion would be appreciated.

Jamal 


0
jma (41)
11/1/2006 2:17:25 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

12 Replies
691 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

Hello Jamal,

you may want to refer to the Software Development Kit. If you have
access to customersource, you can get it from there.

i'll try to look up some more for you.

/timber\

On Nov 1, 10:17 pm, "Jamal" <j...@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
> All,
>
> We're getting ready to install Great Plains and I will like to better
> understand the backend(database) processing of Great plains. I would like to
> know what each table is and when is it used in the process. Is there any
> technical documentation that describe the tables and the process. Any help
> or suggestion would be appreciated.
> 
> Jamal

0
iamtimber1 (31)
11/1/2006 3:06:38 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2BBEFC1F
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Jamal,

This is Angela;  Thanks you for using newsgroups today. 

Timber has a good suggestion.  The Software Development Kit has some great 
information about the tables and you would have access tot hat if you have 
access to customer source.  

Also, in Great Plains go to Tools > Resource Descriptions.  This gives you 
a list of all series and tables and fields within each module.  Some of the 
fields give you even more information for each of the different type of 
values you could see in the field.

Example:  In the SOP10200 table (Sales Transactions Amount work).  This is 
the line information for the document.  The SOPtype field can have 
different values depending on the document you have entered.

1 - Quote
2 - Order
3 - Invoice
4 - Return
5 - Backorder

Hope this information is helpful.  Let us know if you have further 
questions.

Best Regards, 
 

Angela Eckman
Microsoft Online Partner Support 

======================================================
PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD 
will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete 
a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006 
when prompted.
Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be 
able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
====================================================== 
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your 
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 
======================================================
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
======================================================



------=_NextPart_0001_2BBEFC1F
Content-Type: text/x-rtf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Jamal,
\par 
\par This is Angela;  Thanks you for using newsgroups today. 
\par 
\par Timber has a good suggestion.  The Software Development Kit has some great information about the tables and you would have access tot hat if you have access to customer source.  
\par 
\par Also, in Great Plains go to Tools > Resource Descriptions.  This gives you a list of all series and tables and fields within each module.  Some of the fields give you even more information for each of the different type of values you could see in the field.
\par 
\par Example:  In the SOP10200 table (Sales Transactions Amount work).  This is the line information for the document.  The SOPtype field can have different values depending on the document you have entered.
\par 
\par 1 - Quote
\par 2 - Order
\par 3 - Invoice
\par 4 - Return
\par 5 - Backorder
\par 
\par Hope this information is helpful.  Let us know if you have further questions.
\par 
\par Best Regards, 
\par  
\par 
\par Angela Eckman
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD 
\par will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete 
\par a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006 
\par when prompted.
\par Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be 
\par able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
\par ====================================================== 
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your 
\par newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 
\par ======================================================
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par 
\par 
\par 
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2BBEFC1F--

0
aanderso (48)
11/1/2006 3:36:40 PM
Thanks Angela and timber. I'm suppose to get access to customer source today 
so I'll check it out.

Anything you can fine timber would be great.

Jamal

"MSFT" <aanderso@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:Wb8SNuc$GHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl...
> Hi Jamal,
>
> This is Angela;  Thanks you for using newsgroups today.
>
> Timber has a good suggestion.  The Software Development Kit has some great
> information about the tables and you would have access tot hat if you have
> access to customer source.
>
> Also, in Great Plains go to Tools > Resource Descriptions.  This gives you
> a list of all series and tables and fields within each module.  Some of 
> the
> fields give you even more information for each of the different type of
> values you could see in the field.
>
> Example:  In the SOP10200 table (Sales Transactions Amount work).  This is
> the line information for the document.  The SOPtype field can have
> different values depending on the document you have entered.
>
> 1 - Quote
> 2 - Order
> 3 - Invoice
> 4 - Return
> 5 - Backorder
>
> Hope this information is helpful.  Let us know if you have further
> questions.
>
> Best Regards,
>
>
> Angela Eckman
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
>
> ======================================================
> PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
> will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
> a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
> when prompted.
> Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
> able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
> ======================================================
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> ======================================================
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
> ======================================================
>
>
> 


0
jma (41)
11/1/2006 3:54:56 PM
Please check out Accolades Publishing. They have some great materials on the 
GP processes and what the tables are that are affected. 
-- 
Charles Allen, MVP



"Jamal" wrote:

> Thanks Angela and timber. I'm suppose to get access to customer source today 
> so I'll check it out.
> 
> Anything you can fine timber would be great.
> 
> Jamal
> 
> "MSFT" <aanderso@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:Wb8SNuc$GHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Jamal,
> >
> > This is Angela;  Thanks you for using newsgroups today.
> >
> > Timber has a good suggestion.  The Software Development Kit has some great
> > information about the tables and you would have access tot hat if you have
> > access to customer source.
> >
> > Also, in Great Plains go to Tools > Resource Descriptions.  This gives you
> > a list of all series and tables and fields within each module.  Some of 
> > the
> > fields give you even more information for each of the different type of
> > values you could see in the field.
> >
> > Example:  In the SOP10200 table (Sales Transactions Amount work).  This is
> > the line information for the document.  The SOPtype field can have
> > different values depending on the document you have entered.
> >
> > 1 - Quote
> > 2 - Order
> > 3 - Invoice
> > 4 - Return
> > 5 - Backorder
> >
> > Hope this information is helpful.  Let us know if you have further
> > questions.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> >
> > Angela Eckman
> > Microsoft Online Partner Support
> >
> > ======================================================
> > PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
> > will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
> > a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
> > when prompted.
> > Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
> > able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
> > ======================================================
> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> > newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> > ======================================================
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> > rights.
> > ======================================================
> >
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
callen (2505)
11/1/2006 5:18:02 PM
Charles,

Looks like what I'm looking for but very very expensive.

Jamal
"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message 
news:0B475337-FEA7-4E9C-84C2-8CCD6498B5B0@microsoft.com...
> Please check out Accolades Publishing. They have some great materials on 
> the
> GP processes and what the tables are that are affected.
> -- 
> Charles Allen, MVP
>
>
>
> "Jamal" wrote:
>
>> Thanks Angela and timber. I'm suppose to get access to customer source 
>> today
>> so I'll check it out.
>>
>> Anything you can fine timber would be great.
>>
>> Jamal
>>
>> "MSFT" <aanderso@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:Wb8SNuc$GHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl...
>> > Hi Jamal,
>> >
>> > This is Angela;  Thanks you for using newsgroups today.
>> >
>> > Timber has a good suggestion.  The Software Development Kit has some 
>> > great
>> > information about the tables and you would have access tot hat if you 
>> > have
>> > access to customer source.
>> >
>> > Also, in Great Plains go to Tools > Resource Descriptions.  This gives 
>> > you
>> > a list of all series and tables and fields within each module.  Some of
>> > the
>> > fields give you even more information for each of the different type of
>> > values you could see in the field.
>> >
>> > Example:  In the SOP10200 table (Sales Transactions Amount work).  This 
>> > is
>> > the line information for the document.  The SOPtype field can have
>> > different values depending on the document you have entered.
>> >
>> > 1 - Quote
>> > 2 - Order
>> > 3 - Invoice
>> > 4 - Return
>> > 5 - Backorder
>> >
>> > Hope this information is helpful.  Let us know if you have further
>> > questions.
>> >
>> > Best Regards,
>> >
>> >
>> > Angela Eckman
>> > Microsoft Online Partner Support
>> >
>> > ======================================================
>> > PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
>> > will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
>> > a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
>> > when prompted.
>> > Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
>> > able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
>> > ======================================================
>> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
>> > newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
>> > ======================================================
>> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> > rights.
>> > ======================================================
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
jma (41)
11/1/2006 6:34:12 PM
They are cheap compared to the cost of making mistakes that will take days or 
weeks or months to correct. 
-- 
Charles Allen, MVP



"Jamal" wrote:

> Charles,
> 
> Looks like what I'm looking for but very very expensive.
> 
> Jamal
> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message 
> news:0B475337-FEA7-4E9C-84C2-8CCD6498B5B0@microsoft.com...
> > Please check out Accolades Publishing. They have some great materials on 
> > the
> > GP processes and what the tables are that are affected.
> > -- 
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >
> >
> >
> > "Jamal" wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Angela and timber. I'm suppose to get access to customer source 
> >> today
> >> so I'll check it out.
> >>
> >> Anything you can fine timber would be great.
> >>
> >> Jamal
> >>
> >> "MSFT" <aanderso@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:Wb8SNuc$GHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl...
> >> > Hi Jamal,
> >> >
> >> > This is Angela;  Thanks you for using newsgroups today.
> >> >
> >> > Timber has a good suggestion.  The Software Development Kit has some 
> >> > great
> >> > information about the tables and you would have access tot hat if you 
> >> > have
> >> > access to customer source.
> >> >
> >> > Also, in Great Plains go to Tools > Resource Descriptions.  This gives 
> >> > you
> >> > a list of all series and tables and fields within each module.  Some of
> >> > the
> >> > fields give you even more information for each of the different type of
> >> > values you could see in the field.
> >> >
> >> > Example:  In the SOP10200 table (Sales Transactions Amount work).  This 
> >> > is
> >> > the line information for the document.  The SOPtype field can have
> >> > different values depending on the document you have entered.
> >> >
> >> > 1 - Quote
> >> > 2 - Order
> >> > 3 - Invoice
> >> > 4 - Return
> >> > 5 - Backorder
> >> >
> >> > Hope this information is helpful.  Let us know if you have further
> >> > questions.
> >> >
> >> > Best Regards,
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > Angela Eckman
> >> > Microsoft Online Partner Support
> >> >
> >> > ======================================================
> >> > PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
> >> > will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
> >> > a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
> >> > when prompted.
> >> > Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
> >> > able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
> >> > ======================================================
> >> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> >> > newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> >> > ======================================================
> >> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> >> > rights.
> >> > ======================================================
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
callen (2505)
11/2/2006 3:57:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_31BD831D
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Jamal,

Sounds like Timber, Angela and Charles have you on the right track.  Please 
let us know if you have any further questions.

Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

 

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

==============================================

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided 

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.   

 

We also love to hear your product feedback!  

Let us know what you think by posting 

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback 

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

===================================================== 

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader 

so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 

======================================================

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 

======================================================

------=_NextPart_0001_31BD831D
Content-Type: text/x-rtf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hi Jamal,
\par 
\par Sounds like Timber, Angela and Charles have you on the right track.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.
\par 
\par Diana Van Raden
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
\par 
\par ==============================================
\par 
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided 
\par 
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.   
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  
\par 
\par Let us know what you think by posting 
\par 
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback 
\par 
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 
\par 
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par 
\par ===================================================== 
\par 
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader 
\par 
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par 
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_31BD831D--

0
dvanrade (102)
11/2/2006 7:32:52 PM
Yes they do. This is a great news group.

Charles, I agree since you put it that way.

By any chance has anyone purchased the documentation. I'm curious what you 
think.

Jamal
"Diana Van Raden [MSFT]" <dvanrade@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0apxzWr$GHA.4432@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl...
> Hi Jamal,
>
> Sounds like Timber, Angela and Charles have you on the right track. 
> Please
> let us know if you have any further questions.
>
> Diana Van Raden
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer
>
>
>
> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
>
> ==============================================
>
> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>
> to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
>
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
>
> Let us know what you think by posting
>
>    from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>
>    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you!
>
> =====================================================
>
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
>
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
>
> ======================================================
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
>
> ======================================================
> 


0
jma (41)
11/2/2006 9:34:48 PM
First, Thanks to Charles for the recommendation!  I owe you more than one.  
I'll catch up with you at Convergence?

Jamal, on our website you can open and download 8-10 pages from each of our 
manuals to give you an idea of the quality of the documentation.  This book, 
Information Flow and Posting, is one of our best sellers.

If you are still not sure after viewing the sample pages, order one.  I will 
give you a 30 day return privledge!

-- 
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP
Documentation for Software Users

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at 
http://www.AccoladePublications.com



"Jamal" wrote:

> Yes they do. This is a great news group.
> 
> Charles, I agree since you put it that way.
> 
> By any chance has anyone purchased the documentation. I'm curious what you 
> think.
> 
> Jamal
> "Diana Van Raden [MSFT]" <dvanrade@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:0apxzWr$GHA.4432@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Jamal,
> >
> > Sounds like Timber, Angela and Charles have you on the right track. 
> > Please
> > let us know if you have any further questions.
> >
> > Diana Van Raden
> > Microsoft Online Support Engineer
> >
> >
> >
> > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
> >
> > ==============================================
> >
> > PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
> >
> > to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
> >
> >
> >
> > We also love to hear your product feedback!
> >
> > Let us know what you think by posting
> >
> >    from the web interface: Partner Feedback
> >
> >    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> >
> > We look forward to hearing from you!
> >
> > =====================================================
> >
> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> >
> > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> >
> > ======================================================
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> > rights.
> >
> > ======================================================
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
info4071 (3004)
11/4/2006 9:21:02 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_45F0C0C2
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit


Microsoft Online Support Engineer

 

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

==============================================

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided 

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.   

 

We also love to hear your product feedback!  

Let us know what you think by posting 

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback 

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

===================================================== 

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader 

so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 

======================================================

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 

======================================================

------=_NextPart_0001_45F0C0C2
Content-Type: text/x-rtf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
\par 
\par ==============================================
\par 
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided 
\par 
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.   
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  
\par 
\par Let us know what you think by posting 
\par 
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback 
\par 
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 
\par 
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par 
\par ===================================================== 
\par 
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader 
\par 
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par 
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_45F0C0C2--

0
dvanrade (102)
11/6/2006 5:32:09 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_07AE7F76
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Jamal, 
 
Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this 
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!


Jan Smith 

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

 

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

==============================================

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided 

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.   

 

We also love to hear your product feedback!  

Let us know what you think by posting 

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback 

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

===================================================== 

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader 

so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 

======================================================

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 

======================================================
------=_NextPart_0001_07AE7F76
Content-Type: text/x-rtf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Jamal, 
\par  
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par 
\par Have a great week!
\par 
\par 
\par Jan Smith 
\par 
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
\par 
\par ==============================================
\par 
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided 
\par 
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.   
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  
\par 
\par Let us know what you think by posting 
\par 
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback 
\par 
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 
\par 
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par 
\par ===================================================== 
\par 
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader 
\par 
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_07AE7F76--

0
jsmit (219)
11/9/2006 7:07:14 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2A2E9F34
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

 

Jan Smith 

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

 

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

==============================================

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided 

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.   

 

We also love to hear your product feedback!  

Let us know what you think by posting 

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback 

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

===================================================== 

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader 

so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 

======================================================

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 

======================================================
------=_NextPart_0001_2A2E9F34
Content-Type: text/x-rtf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par 
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par 
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par 
\par Have a great week!
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par Jan Smith 
\par 
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
\par 
\par ==============================================
\par 
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided 
\par 
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.   
\par 
\par  
\par 
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  
\par 
\par Let us know what you think by posting 
\par 
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback 
\par 
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. 
\par 
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par 
\par ===================================================== 
\par 
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader 
\par 
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue. 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
\par 
\par ======================================================
\par 
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2A2E9F34--

0
jsmit (219)
11/13/2006 6:46:34 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

I cannot see pictures already inserted in documents.
In Publisher and Word, graphics already inserted into documents are not visible. In Publisher's Graphics Manager they are shown in thumbnail view but not on the actual document. Everything prints accurately but as I only view the handles of the photos, I cannot edit anything. View, pictures, detailed display. If this is not the solution, slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this works, go to the manufacturer's web site of your adapter and look around for an updated driver. -- M...

value from 2 field joined in one field...( help designing form)
Hi again All, This time I come with a question that maybe sounds strange. I have 3 textboxes on form F1,let say TBL and TBH their data type are numeric and also TBN with text data.Sample record. TBL TBH TBN 0 3 H 1 9 R 2 0 L: Now I want to return both of TBL and TBH values to textbox TBS on form F2 and TBN value to TBK ,with condition If TBK value Then TBS value : H 3 R 1-9 L 2 specially for recor...

Excel VBA #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C474D5.F0F10580 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bonjour, Je croyais que chaque fois que l'on lan=E7ait une proc du type Private = Sub, toutes les variables =E9taient remises a z=E9ro. apparemment il n'en n'est rien=20 Quelqu'un peut-il me dire comment remettre =E0 z=E9ro toutes les = variables avec une instruction ou quelques lignes de code ? Merci ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C474D5.F0F10580 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-...

how can i combine 2 columns in excel into 1 without losing data?
Assuming columns A and B In C1 enter =A1 & B1 Double-click on the fill handle(black lump at bottom right corner)of C1 to increment the formula down the column as far as you have data in column B. If you would like a space between the data........ =A1 & " " & B1 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 9 May 2005 16:26:03 -0700, sturville <sturville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not much to go on here regarding cell contents and formatting, but I'm assuming that you have text in the cells and you just want to make on long text string. (If it was numerical...

excel programming #2
I would like to know how to automate the following two processes with excel: 1. I would like to take data that is obtained from sql server 2000 queries results and load the detail data onto excel spreadsheets. 2. I would also like to take data that is obtained from sql server 2000 query results and load the data in pivot tables in excel spreadheet 2003. Thanks! On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Wendy Elizabeth <WendyElizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I would like to know how to automate the following two processes with excel: Have you tried the...

Excel 2007: Cannot open documents by double-clicking
Suddenly I'm getting the following error when I try to double-click on an Excel spreadsheet to open it: Windows cannot find 'xxxx'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. "xxxx" is the full path and filename of the document I'm trying to open. Additionally, it seems that double-clicking a spreadsheet opens a second instance of Excel instead of using the currently open instance. I have no problem dragging a spreadsheet into Excel or opening a sheet from within Excel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Robert Robert If the same a...

LINKING CELLS #2
HI ALL WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP WITH THIS MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE A DROP DOWN LIST WITH ALL DIFFERENT COUNTRIES IN I WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO IS WHEN I SELECT GERMANY THAT CELL A1 WOULD READ BERLIN AND WHEN I WOULD SELECT FRANCE THAT CELL A1 WOULD THEN READ PARIS AND SO ON, COULD ANYONE TELL ME IS THIS POSSIBLE jinx Please switch off your CAPS! It is considered bad etiquette. You could set up a table with one column containing countries and one containing their capitals. You can then use a simple VLOOKUP() function to return the relevant capital: Germany Berlin France Paris...

Autocomplete issue #2
Thanks for the reply. I feared as much! The only 2 ways I can think around this is to either : 1. Have an "empty" symbol in every cell (such as a simple "."), so tha the column is not broken all the way down. 2. Write a list of every possible variable and then *hide* the rows Then leave a space for a "true" data-entry cell. Then re-paste the lis and hide those cells again. And repeat.... Of course this would lead t massive spreadsheet (albeit hidden) and make exporting data prett messy :eek: So I think I'm stuck with leaving a recognised empty symbol in...

Business Portal 2.5, Project Time, Timeout
My users are entering time in their timesheets and the form times out after about 20 minutes. Where is a setting to extend this value? Error messages... ************************************************************ Your session has expired. ************************************************************ Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To resubmit your information and view this Web page,...

2 cycle logarithmic charts
I'm trying to get a 2 cycle log chat. i know that you can create the 1 cycle log chart in the user charts area. Could someone point me in the direction of somewhere or tell me how to get a 2 cycle chart Cheers Mark Mark - You get a two-cycle (or whatever number cycle) log scale by double clicking on the axis and choosing appropriate min and max values on the Scale tab. Or do you mean a double log (or log-log) plot? You have to start with an XY Scatter chart, not a Line chart, then change each axis to a log scale. Double click the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check...

Customisation CRM 1.2
We have CRM system installed, fully operational and working. I created and configure a queue user for receiving support e-mails. But is it any possibility to setup some kind of auto-responder, so it will send back response back to customer with unique number. I know that I can assign the number by modifying web-server script, but may be there is some other way to do it? Best regards, Aleksey I guess, CRM post-callouts is the one of the supported options to achieve what you need. Renatas. "Alex" wrote: > We have CRM system installed, fully operational and > workin...

911: v3.0 and v1.2 appointments
hi all, currently we are having problems when synchronzing appointments belonging to our previous v1.2 environment being upgraded to v3.0. newly created appointments, done in v3.0, do not face a problem. how can we identify these old 1.2 appointments (sql script, etc.)? thanks in advance, fritz -- Fritz Theiss The v1.2 Outlook appointments/contacts/tasks should upgraded over properly via the v3.0 Outlook Client setup. Did it just affacted the appointments? Here is a way to list out the v1.2 appointments: Outlook Calender>>view appointment list (similar to contact list), add co...

Email display name when printing #2
I have one user who all of a sudden has the following print at the top of emails instead of his name: /o=xchg/ou=first administrative group/cn=recipients/cn=userid (where userid is his) It's a 2003 Exchange server (not SB) and Outlook 2003. He was printing fine until about two days ago. I've made no changes to the Exchange server, or to his account whatsoever. The server has been running flawlessly for over a year, and his account has been on it for that time. He is running on a laptop in cached mode, but that has also been the case for over a year. His credentials show up corre...

running total of the difference of 2 columns?
hi need help agai i want column C to be a running total of (columnA-columnB EXAMPL a1 =2 b1=-3.5 then C1 should be -1. a2=4 b2=0 then C2 should be 2. a3=1 b3=-2 then C3 should be 1. Anyway i can get column c to do this Thanks in advance GAME One way: C1: =SUM(A$1:B1) copy down as far as desired. In article <35DD505F-1763-4400-B0B9-5EBCDBCFCE07@microsoft.com>, "Game" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi > need help again > > i want column C to be a ...

undeliverable email #2
I recently started using Outlook 2002 to send email. I've had no proble till yesterday when my emails were returned undeliverable. The messag is as follows: "553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowe rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" This is the message I get to all emails I now send. I would appreciate some comments. Thank you. Regard ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

sorting problem #2
Hi! I have problems generating a rutine that will automatically sort my sheet. The sheet is in this format (always 2 columns only the rows may vary) a 1 a 2 a 3 b 2 b 1 c 7 d 1 d 3 d 4 d 6 d 7 e 7 I want it to look like this: a b c d e 1 2 7 1 7 2 1 3 3 4 6 7 Anyone know what vba code to use to get this done? /Colargol hi this is not a sorting problem. it's a transposing problem. I pasted your two columns in a blank workbook and wrote this macro. the result was what you want it to look like. in my set up, the two columns of data were in columns a and b starting at a1 wi...

5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host #2
Hello I have a Exchange 5.5 SP4, and I can't receive a messagem from a certain domain . In the senders mailbox apears this message: Final-Recipient: rfc822; host@domain.pt (this is my email) Action: failed Status: 5.6.1 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host I'm not sure if there is something i have to do in my exchange for accept that kind of message, or if it's a configuration in the sender's mail server that's needed i'll appreciate your help Best Regards Felix, Portugal "Felix" <felixvf@hotmail.com> wrote: ...

SUM 2 fields and show the result in another
Hi; I need sum 2 field values(textboxes) and show the resul in another field. I´m programming this, but not work.. OnChange { var value1 = crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue; var value2 = crmForm.all.CFCMonto_de_Venta_Servicio.DataValue; var result = value1 + value2; crmForm.all.actualvalue.Datavalue= result; } What is wrong?, How is? Miguel Have you forgotten to use the complete custom field schema names including prefix eg:- crmForm.all.actualvalue.Datavalue should actually be crmForm.all.new_actualvalue.Datavalue (if new_ is your custom attribute prefix) Peter "...

Is Money technical support superior to Quicken technical support?
I have used Quicken for many years, but I am increasingly peeved at Intuit for its terrible (and expenseive) customer support. I'm talking about support when technical glitches arise in the software. I am seriously considering switching to Money. But, before I do, I need to know that Microsoft will provide more effective and less costly support to Money. I'd like to hear about user's experiences. ...

Sync 2 public folders on the same Exchange box
Hi Exchange guru's Is it possible (maybe with a 3rd party tool) to sync public folders on the same Exchange 2k3 box? I have a customer runnig a CRM application on a public folder that requires that a couple of sub folders are copied/sync'ed to the folder of another public folder on the same Exchange box. Unfortunately, the InterOrg repl tool doenst support making a double connection to the same Exchange box Appreciate your help Haroun Debbabi UTICA Managed Solutions http://www.utica.nl On Wed, 18 May 2005 17:34:15 +0200, "Haroun Debbabi" <haroun_at_debbabi.nl> wrot...

xls file #2
Hello I wanted to open a compressed zip file which is an Excel spreadsheet, but windows could not open it. Apparently I need do download some software to be able to view this type of xls file. Could anybody help. You can use WinZip or PKZip to unzip the compressed file. Search Google for free versions of these programs. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Vee Crossley" <VeeCrossley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8CF9098-7CF8-48F8-8FB4-F17640568F61@microsoft.com... > Hello > &...

Historical Aged Trial Balance #2
The following message comes up on a station ONLY when trying to print the AP Historical Aged Trial Balance. Everything else works fine including all reports. The report prints fine on another machine. Very Strange?? Microsoft ODBC SQL Server Driver [named pipes] General network error. check your network documentation. The stored procedure pmHistoricaAgedTrialBalance returned the following results: DBMS:11, Great Plains 0 The machine is an XP Prof. workstation and doesn't have any problems in any other application. Thanks!! GREG PARKS ...

if then formulas #2
I want to set up an If Then formula where: IF A1= a set of numbers to bet entered by the user, then D2= C2-1 I am new to working with excel and hope this is enough info to answer the question. Hi Danny, Not quite sure what you want. You refer to "a set of numbers". From that I deduce that it could be any one of several numbers? If so, then your formula can read =IF(OR(A1=123,A1=231),C2-1,""). If it should fall within a specified range of numbers, maybe something like =IF(AND(A1>=100,A1<=150),C2-1,""). I used the "" as you do not say w...

Can not customize outlook today #2
When I click on the Customize outlook today button nothing happens and I'm unable to select one of the other schemes. I'm using Outlook 2000 and Windows XP Home Does anyone have a fix to correct this issue? Thanks Gerry OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Af...

Viewing Excel spreadsheets #2
Hi all, I have created an staffing list with organisation charts in Excel, it runs to about 40 pages. I need to do a presentation of this info. Doing the presentation in Excel looks a bit unprofessional, too many toolbars, space wastage, grid lines etc. Is there any package (apart from Adobe Acrobat too expensive) or way, that I can display the spreadsheet in more of a booklet presentation. With a table of contents, index, better page numbering than Excel, jump to page number, looks clearer etc. With the possibility of a real-time link between the spreadsheet and the output source. I&#...