Table Import - where are definitions stored?

Hi all.  New to Great Plains but the administration of the system has been
dumped in my lap.  We have on certain workstations GP running with Table
Import Definitions defined on them and on other workstations the list of
definitions is blank.  In what file in the EEnterpriseXX directory are these
definitions stored?

Thanks,
Art Martin

The files are located on the workstation in the following tables.

SY50000.idx
SY50000.dat
SY50100.idx
SY50100.dat

Leslie

"ArtMartin" wrote:

> Hi all.  New to Great Plains but the administration of the system has been
> dumped in my lap.  We have on certain workstations GP running with Table
> Import Definitions defined on them and on other workstations the list of
> definitions is blank.  In what file in the EEnterpriseXX directory are these
> definitions stored?
>
> Thanks,
> Art Martin
0
LeslieVail (702)
1/6/2006 2:16:02 AM
Thanks so much Leslie.

Art

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> The files are located on the workstation in the following tables.
>
> SY50000.idx
> SY50000.dat
> SY50100.idx
> SY50100.dat
>
> Leslie
>
> "ArtMartin" wrote:
>
> > Hi all.  New to Great Plains but the administration of the system has been
> > dumped in my lap.  We have on certain workstations GP running with Table
> > Import Definitions defined on them and on other workstations the list of
> > definitions is blank.  In what file in the EEnterpriseXX directory are these
> > definitions stored?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Art Martin

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Deleted Items Retention on Mailbox Store
We have Exchange Server 2003 and have set the Limits under Deletion Settings to keep deleted items for 30 days, but the items are not being deleted. I found under our Server Properties in System Manager, the Mailbox Management Process, but it was set to Never run. Will running this process delete the items older than 30 days, or is it necessary to do something else to have these items be automatically deleted? Thanks, Deleted Items Retention simply means that once you have emptied your Deleted Items Folder, those items are not purged from the database for 30 days. DIR does _not_ manage ...

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....

Pivot table formats
I have created a pivot table that has three fields; Date, raingauge and rainfall. I want to export the output of this table into an Access database. However the table produced only lists date as a single entry instead of listing the date for each raingauge. Therefore I have to manually fill in the missing date data to export it to Access. Is there any way of formating the date field so that it is listed all the way down the table thank Alan What you can do is copy the pivot table and paste special > value over itself. Select the entire range with the gaps, press F5 > Special > Bl...

Store customers not syncing with HQ
I have one of my stores that is not syching correctly with HQ. For some reason, any new customers that are added at this one store do not get uploaded to HQ. Anyone else ever have this trouble? All other items are syncing correctly just not the customers. Thanks, Nick Nick, Make sure you have 'New customers default as global customers' checked int he SO Manager-->Configuration-->Options --> Customer Options Rob <nick@realkiteboarding.com> wrote in message news:zkc4e.2439$m_1.1000@fe06.lga... >I have one of my stores that is not syching correctly with HQ. ...

How do I create a one variable data table? #2

Web Query Import
I have some data on a web page and I want to use the Data/Import External Data/Web Query to pull the data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that the import tries to interpret the data and changes it. The first line below is what was on the web, the second line is what excel changed it to.....I've tried all of the options with no luck .... I just want it to pull it in as text and not mess with it. Any ideas? 083934 03830000 05 0.00 30735800000000000060 83934 3830000 5 0 3.07358E+19 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ have you tried pre-formatti...

Using Data Stored on External Drives in 64 bit computer
I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit with Windows 7, will I be able to use the data currently stored on my external hard drives with the new 64 bit computer using Windows 7? Thank you. Hi, On 7 Apr., 18:38, moon <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard > drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit > with Windows 7, will I be able to use t...

Pivot table calculated field: multiply Sum of FieldA with Max of FieldB
Hello usenetters, My question concerns Excel 2003. A user asked me about a calculated field in a pivot table. Some of the fields are DT_NOW, GW_WCR, GW_LOB. The formula of the calculated field should depend on the date (DT_NOW): Up to 30/06/2009: Rotation = GW_WCR / GW_LOB * 91 Starting 01/07/2009: Rotation = GW_WCR / GW_LOB * 28 She added a field to the underlying data called ROT_FACTOR, filled with 91 until 30th june and filled with 28 starting 1st july. The current formula is =IF(ROT_FACTOR>300000;GW_WCR/GW_LOB*91;GW_WCR/GW_LOB*28) The cutoff value 300000 is an arbitrary value base...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

Matrix Import
I am trying to import matriproducts into RMS 2.0. I have imported Dimensions, Dimension Attributes, Item Classes and Item class components. When i enter RMS Store Ops Mgr, i can see everything i have imported as expected. When i open an imported Matrix item it does not assign the items i have imported. Am i missing something? I fear i have not updated an essential table or field that links the items to the matrix. Help!! On Jun 26, 6:56=A0pm, Anjicoot <Anjic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to import matriproducts into RMS 2.0. I have imported Dimensi= ons, >...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

How to create temp table ?
Can I create temp table by myself for report writer ? Thx ! Sorry, the answer is no. You need Dexterity to create a temporary table and a Dexterity script to read other tables and populate the temp table's contents. You may be able to use VBA with ADO to obtain the data you need for your report. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions polic...

Pivot Tables #17
Monthly dump info from Access into Excel and then do a pivot table. I am able to refresh the data in the pivot table from the raw data fine, but I can't group on the Date field. The raw data has each day in the month and I group it into a month. When I try to group the Date field I get the error "Cannot group that selection." Any help would be appreciated. Thanks The dates have to be numeric, that way you will get the option of grouping by month, week etc. If they are dates and look numeric as in 12/15/03 or similar depending on the region, select an empty cell, copy...

setting up tax tables in RMS
I have a client who has special tax needs. $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25 $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75 $3201- and above is taxed at 7% so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would I set this up in RMS? Help! Thanks Andrea Andrea, Create 3 Sales Taxes. Sales Tax 1 Minimum Taxable Amount = None Maximum Taxable Amount = $1,600.99 Tax Rate = %9.25 Sales Tax 2 Minimum Taxable Amount = $1,601.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = $3,200.99 Tax Rate = %9.75 Sales Tax 3 Minimum Taxable Amount = $3,201.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = None Tax Rate = %7 Assign all of these taxes to one...

How to Import files from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook2003
I am trying to import my .pst files(in Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2003. Is this possible.... whats the best way to do it? Thanks SJ >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import my .pst files(in Outlook Express 6 >into Outlook 2003. Is this possible.... whats the best >way to do it? > >Thanks > >SJ >. > If You are using Outlook 2003 GO TO TOOLS --> Accounts -- > View Change Accounts Click on New Outlook Data File and add your PST there. In article <081f01c3c4ce$2eba1540$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says....

Kits and Kit Components and SQL Tables
In the past few weeks I have been working on pulling data into an Excel Workbook from various GP Dynamics tables. The purpose of this workbook is to compile data to be used in a cash flow analysis. I have posted several questions on here and responders have been very helpful in answering my questions. I have a new one that hopefully someone can answer... I am pulling in sales line item data from tables SOP30300, SOP030200 as well as IV00101 (for item type). I am using IV00101 because some of our sales include items set up with an item type of "service" so the costs that ar...

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

Can you manually delete data from the Account and Contact tables?
I am doing some testing and am presently deleting data from the Accountbase and Contactbase tables in the MSCRM database. I know that the supported method is to backup and restore the databases but ... Anyone have experience with this? I am only loading data from the CDF database to these 2 tables. In order for me to delete the data I have to temporarily disable "Enforce Integrity" in the 4 relationship between Accountbase and Contactbase. It works ... but will I have problems in the future after I have finally loaded all my good data? Danny Danny, There could be problems introd...

pivot table help #2
I am extremely new to pivot tables and trying to just get ave, max, and min of a couple of columns ... I keep getting #DIV/0! errors and don't know what the problem is. any ideas anyone??? -- evg1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ evg1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547887 Do you have errors in any of those fields in the raw data? Do you have any numbers in the field that you're averaging? evg1 wrote: > > I am ...

Need to remove data in table due to input mask; cannot close.
ACCESS Table open, unable to close or modify telephone field. Had tried i/p mask of 0 due to "Unlisted" numbers appearing right-justified when doing a report. I sure thought I changed it back to a NO MASK prior saving the table. Now, table is open and I am unable to do anything with that field, even deleting the content, to satisfy the mask problem. Hands seems to be tied in 'catch 22'; I would have thought (!!??) that the table would not have saved properly if the input mask did not match the field contents. I'm stuck! Thank you so much. =?Utf-8?B?b2ZmZXJvY2t...

Store Ops & HQ on the same server
Can I run Store Operations and Headquarters Server on the same server? I was testing this on a standalone PC and the HQ Client gave me an error message: HQ Server & HQ Client cannot have the same network address (or something like that). Since the test system is standalone, I was unable to use an IP address for the Address on the HQ server tab. I suspect (and hope) that with a networked system this will not be an issue. This is fairly critical to me, since I have not budgeted for a second server for my primary (HQ) store. Thanks, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We...

Formulas Referencing Pivot Table results
I'm using a pivot table to sum batting statistics. I calculate the batting average by referencing cells in the table. However, when I add a new batter or remove a batter, and refresh the table, the formula references are incorrect. Why is that and is there a way to maintain formula references as new batters are added/removed? Thanks John It sounds like you could use a calculated field in your pivottable. show the pivottable toolbar if it's not already shown. click on PivotTable dropdown click on formulas click on calculated field Give it a nice name (Batting Average?). an...

Importing from Windows Mail: lost my contact groups
Is there anyway to get my contact groups back? I imported from Windows Mail in Vista to Outlook 07. All my addresses are fine, but I don't have my contact groups. No, contact groups are not exportable. You'll need to make the groups in Outlook (where they are called distribution lists). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mai...