Table Import no longer shows tables

In GP 10, if you go to any screen and then try to go to Table Import, it just
goes to Table Import and it no longers shows the tables that are being access
by the form. Is there anyway to get this feature back?
0
RichWheeler (196)

Hi Rich

Table Import does still work as before.  The difference now is the new
security model is pessimistic.  Unless the user you have been using has been
granted access to the tables, or is a POWERUSER, you will not see the tables.

Hope this helps.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> In GP 10, if you go to any screen and then try to go to Table Import, it just
> goes to Table Import and it no longers shows the tables that are being access
> by the form. Is there anyway to get this feature back?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Logo showing white background
I have created a logo but when I save it and paste it in a different publication, the white edges show up over the background of the new publication. How can I save the original logo so the white background does not appear over new/different publications? What format is the logo? If it is a vector, you can ungroup and delete the background. If it is a bitmap use the transparency tool on the drawing toolbar, click the white background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pappabake" <pappabake@discussions...

Excel
Is there a way to change an imported number such as: 7042626598 and display it as a phone number like: (704) 262-6598 ? Thank you, Be -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ben, Yes you can format the cells containing the 10 digit number to a phone number. Highlight all the required cell and on the Main menu choose Format/Cells/Number/Special/Phone Number Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to change an imported number such as: > >7042626598 and display it as a phone number like: > >(704) 262-6598 > >? > > >...

OT: demoralized tables
Kirk Kuykendall has a good overview on Common Table Expressions http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/CTE/62291/ but his conclusion contains a "new db term" (at least I had never seen it before)... "As you can see CTEs can be very useful. I have found them particularly handy when cleaning up demoralized tables. Like imported spread sheets." I assume it was on purpose and couldn't resist passing it on. We've all been there... gary I'm wondering if demoralized tables might be an undiscovered cause of file corruption. I would think that one table wit...

disable reports daterange dialog to show up twice
Hi, I created a report with daterange parameters. Everythings works fine but when I want to print some report, the report asks the user again for the date parameters. Having installed the CRM update CRM1.2-KB834913-Server.exe which should repair this bug, I noticed no change. The reports always asks twice for the parameters. Is there any secret for this mystery... Greetings Thomas Ott are all these parameters in a single report or are you using sub reports as well? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Th...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Full email address showing on sent emails?
Using Outlook 2000 for email (I checked this time, Brian!). In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? And how can I arrange that on all outgoing emails (as I compose them) and in the sent mailbox the full email address (including the @billyboggs.com part) is showing? TIA aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email > address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? What I suspect is that you have the Display Name define...

how to import holyday in calender
Hi In Exchange 2003, shared calender in public folders. How do you import holydays in that calender, to be shown in Outlook or using OWA ? regards lars Hi, Start Outlook with a user that have permissions on the shared calendar, change the calendar view in Outlook so that each holiday is desplayed as one line, copy these to the shared calendar. Leif "Lars" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OcENBXeUGHA.5332@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > In Exchange 2003, shared calender in public folders. > How do you import holydays in that calender, to be shown in...

Import/Export addresses
I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:v-idnQYiANC_CFLZnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@comcast.com... >I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook >express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks > In Outlook, export Contacts as csv file. In Outlook Express, Import-Other address book-Text file csv. HTH ...

Watch these important pack
--xfjwqznj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mxkczvlngqn"; type="multipart/alternative" --mxkczvlngqn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oorghxqer" --oorghxqer Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security of your com...

adobe active share phtot have gone smaller on slide show
I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photos from fine pix they are half the screen size to.Can you please help Are you seeing this 1/2 size issue in Windows Live Photo Gallery? What is "fine pix?" -steve gill <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photo...

why won't my automobile loan payments show as a transaction?
I have a automobile account and a wachovia bank account. My auto loan company automatically takes $245 from my bank account each month. i can see the $245 transaction in my bank account register in MS Money but it doesnt update in my auto loan register. How can I have it automatically update my auto loan register? Thanks, Brad Nelson Have you set up an automatic bill payment? -- Neil "Brad Nelson" <BradNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71678D94-6B93-4C41-84BB-F980827B51D8@microsoft.com... >I have a automobile account and a wachovia bank acco...

Scrolling Tables list
When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or queries etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; making it difficult to find the item I want to select. This seems to be worse with my new computer. Are there settings I should adjust. "Crop scout" <Crop scout@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestiss´┐Ż:771C65DD-5D6E-47EF-B987-C797A680FB59@microsoft.com... > When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or > queries > etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; makin...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

Importing Quicken 2008 Files
I just downloaded Money Plus Premium and tried to import my Quicken 2008 file. I tried the conversion tool but still no luck. I do understand the like year Money and Quicken files won't allow you to convert. So I guess my question is will Microsoft be updating Money anytime soon so I'll be able to convert my Quicken 08 file into Money Plus? Please help anyone. Arron I don't think anybody here knows. IF they did, they probably wouldn't be at liberty to say. Personally, I wouldn't be holding my breath. "Arron" <Arron@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

customizations import from 3.0 to 4.0
Is is possible to import customizations into a 4.0 system that were exported from a 3.0 install? You will need to upgrade 3.0 implementation to 4.0 by running MS CRM 4.0 setup. Please go through Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installing Guide. You can download this guide from folowing URL http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1CEB5E01-DE9F-48C0-8CE2-51633EBF4714&displaylang=en I don't think that there is any supported way through which you can import 3.0 Customization file to 4.0 implementation. Cheers, Rohit "Leo_B" wrote: > Is is possible to im...

how can I show repeating values in a chart?
I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet? Thanks for the help Hi, You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and then chart the results. Cheers Andy Cindy wrote: > I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. > For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how > can I show that compared to the number 50 whi...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Business Contact Manager import error
Hi All. I'm using the new Data Migration Pack for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. to import data from Microsoft Business Contact Manager into a new, clean, CRM 3.0 system. The import is failing, and I don't know why. I get as far as Map Users > Map Territories > Mapping Summary. When I click 'Configure' the migration stops with an unexpected error. I've included an extract of the activity log below, which shows more details. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! R 28/03/2006 11:38:11------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen...

Importing to History
We are moving from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 .. we decided to do not import all goldmine record due they are a real mess, so we are adding one by one to CRM when a user need to do somethng with the customer. Now one think we need to do is import all history, phone call emails, etc. So my question is does CRM allows you to import history to a current contact or account. Thanks Hi Carlos, Microsoft CRM dont provide any built in feature for that. You can only import Account, Lead, contact or campaign responses. You need to develop tool for other imports yourself or may use some third party to...

Importing backup messages .mbx to any new Outlook version
Hi, I have a complete folder from winnt\profiles... \outlook with messages that I need to import to outlook. I have always had problems importing files. These extensions are .mbx . they completely differ from the inbox.dbx or sent items.dbx I used before. I cant quite remember if it was MS outlook or Outlook Express, but I need to import these files, give input, anything, all. Now im using Outlook Express 6, and can get MS outlook installed. Please respond ASAP, these files are from 99. ...

VBA to import 344 objects from 97 to 2003
I am looking to import a select list of tables, forms, queries, reports and macros from Access97 into Access2003. Yes this can be done by selecting each individual object, but I need to do this 5 or 6 more times before I do it for the final production copy. Pieter, Ken, and John have all been great resources in previous VBA questions, I would greatly appreciate any/all assistance. Thank you!!! The import dialog lets you select all items on the form. Since you're only talking 5 or 6 times, it's probably faster to do that, rather than bothering to write code to do it. -- Dou...

email form script to show email adresses of all recipients
I see there is a field in the attributes called torecipients but I cannot add it to the email form. Is there a way I can script this into the email form to show the email addresses of all of the recipients. My idea involved creting a new attribute called all_recipients and adding it to the form then doing a onchange for each of the to, cc, and bcc fields to update all_recipients. SO far it doesnt work. All the field returns is "undefined". Any help is greatly appreciated!!! ...