table import accounts quick journal

how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup
0
Toni1 (87)

You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must
have a lot of accounts to put into it.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Toni" wrote:

> how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup
0
callen (2505)
1/18/2006 4:00:01 AM
Which table (tables) I have to use. I have a lot of accounts. I only found to
set up the ID with the offset account, but I need to import all the other
accounts also.
Thanks.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must
> have a lot of accounts to put into it.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Toni" wrote:
>
> > how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup
0
Toni1 (87)
1/18/2006 1:31:03 PM
To answer this question yourself in the future, go to Tools --> Resource
Descriptions --> Tables. Select Great Plains or Dynamics GP as the product
and Financial as the series. Sort by Physical Name.

You would see that there are two tables for the Quick Journals.

GL40100 and GL40101.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Toni" wrote:

> Which table (tables) I have to use. I have a lot of accounts. I only found to
> set up the ID with the offset account, but I need to import all the other
> accounts also.
> Thanks.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must
> > have a lot of accounts to put into it.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Toni" wrote:
> >
> > > how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup
0
callen (2505)
1/19/2006 5:39:02 AM
Thanks,
Please can you explain how to use the fields in table GL_40101. Also how to
import the accounts when using three segments (CUR-2115-000).

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> To answer this question yourself in the future, go to Tools --> Resource
> Descriptions --> Tables. Select Great Plains or Dynamics GP as the product
> and Financial as the series. Sort by Physical Name.
>
> You would see that there are two tables for the Quick Journals.
>
> GL40100 and GL40101.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Toni" wrote:
>
> > Which table (tables) I have to use. I have a lot of accounts. I only found to
> > set up the ID with the offset account, but I need to import all the other
> > accounts also.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must
> > > have a lot of accounts to put into it.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

0
Toni1 (87)

can't setup my account
I'm at work trying to set up my Outlook account but I keep getting the username/password box pop up after I make my account. Here's whats happening: I'm selecting POP3 --> setting incoming mail server (POP3)/outgoing(SMTP) as the same, typing in my name, email address, user name, and password. Then I click more settings-->Advanced--> Incoming server (POP3) = 110 and Outgoing server (SMTP) = 587. When I go to test settings I type in my User Name and Password but the box just pops up again in 10 seconds. Why isn't it accepting my password? I can't send mail...

Sound when entering transaction into account
I just upgraded to Money 2004 from Money V5. Is it possible to change the lame "ding" sound when entering a transaction to the satisfying "ka-ching" sound in Version 5? -- Norm Although Money parameters turn on whether sounds are played, the actual sounds are stored in the system level. So go to the Start and select control panel. In the control panel select "Sounds" (slightly different name and location depending upon which operating system. scroll down the sounds until you find Money and the "enter transaction" you can then change it ...

Disable importing
Hi all, How can i disable my database users from importing its tables to another database ? I'm really very worried about this matter as users can see very confidentyial data. Pietro wrote: > Hi all, > How can i disable my database users from importing its tables to > another database ? > I'm really very worried about this matter as users can see very > confidentyial data. If you need to protect your data from non-users of your application use network security to keep everyone else out of the file. If you need to protect your data from USERS of your application ...

Pivot Table Sort 03-05-10
Hi I'm trying to sort a pivot table but it'll only let me sort on the first column, I need to sort it on the third, please can anyone help? Hi You will need to drag your 3rd Field to the 1st position in the row Area of the PT. -- Regards Roger Govier jen2018 wrote: > Hi > > I'm trying to sort a pivot table but it'll only let me sort on the first > column, I need to sort it on the third, please can anyone help? ...

Importing XML containing Complex Elements
I am attempting to manipulate XML with Excel and am having a problem. The XML contains a complex element (an element with subelements). When the import executes, Excel treats the element as a single list, not a series of lists. And when I try to export it back out I receive the following messages: Map is not exportable because it contains the following: Denormalized data; A mapped element's relationship with other elements cannot be preserved. The XML file has an underlying XSD defining the complex element. Sample XML with complex elements: <Parents> <Parent> ...

Excel importing dates from a RTF in a macro
If I open a RTF with a date in, the date appears as it does in the original RTF. If however, if I run Office 2000 and record the above event using a macro, when played the date swaps the mm and dd round (without changing the properties, so in fact the mm is now the dd and the dd is now the mm) This only occurs if the dd is 12 or below in value for obvious reasons. I then tried to open the RTF date column as text, and then change the column properties after it is imported. This does work fine, but I am using the Application.Filesearch and am not sure how to integrate the OpenText function whic...

Anchor clipart in a powerpoint table
How do I anchor clip art or inserted pictures into a cell in a Powerpoint table. We have different team logos 'on' a table to show roles and responsibility, I need to be able to get the logos 'in' the cells so they move relative to the table as it is edited. Regards There's no simple way to do this. There's a possible work around here: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/PowerPoint_Tables_Picture.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "iwaddo&...

Users accessing same table
I have an Access 2003 database on a small network (server + 4 pc's) with the database split and each PC having its own front end. Recently the users have reported not being able to access the same form at the same time, they have to wait until the other user has finished and closed it before accessing it. Any suggestions regarding this problem? What error message are they getting? They should have no issue opening the same form, but there could be a lock conflict if they try to access the same record at the same time. Please post some more information (the exact error) s...

Best way to change style of a table
I have a table I added via VBA like this: set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTable(...) I then add some cells to it by: oTable.Cell(...).Shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text" However, I cannot get a handle on these cells to update the font, fill, etc. What is the best way to do this? On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:01:01 -0500, Clifton Ivey <clifton ivey <"africom.mil>"> wrote: > I have a table I added via VBA like this: > > set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTa...

Importing a large pdf file into Publisher
I often need to add .pdf files as an appendix to the end of my Publisher document, I would like to import an entire .pdf file into Publisher. Does anyone know of a conversion program I could use. I would really like it if the pages were added automatically since some of the documents are 200+ pages and doing manually would be tedious. Thanks Wouldn't it be simpler to convert the Publisher files to PDF? all you can do with PDFs is save them as EPS files and then open them in Publisher as you would a picture. However there is a catch! Even if you save the PDF files as EPS files w...

A bug in GUI of creating query with more outer joins between two tables
Hello, in GUI of Access 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6521.5000) is generally very simple to make a select query between two tables joined with two or more outer joins (of the same kind normally). But you should be careful. If you build first join clicking on a field of the first table, drag then the connection to the field of the second table and choose the right outer join, then you have to make the next outer join between the same two tables on the same way. If you begin but with the second table first and although you choose the same type of outer join (the arrow...

Two Email Accounts not able to reply out of one of them
Hello All, I was wondering if someone here has ran into this problem. I currently have two email accounts setup in Exchange I can receive email in both of these accounts and view the email in Outlook 2003. In my default account if I receive an email I can reply back. But in my secondary mailbox if I receive an email I cannot reply back I get a error message which is listed below. On the secondary account I have added my username under permissions and gave it full access but I am still getting the below error. Anything will help thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the inten...

Journal viewer should show both sides of receipt
When you are in journal viewer there is enough room to show both sides of the receipt. If you have a touch screen you do not have a button like CTRL to hold while pushing a different button. The screen has enough room to show the entire receipt right next to seach other. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Help with unusual table problem
I would like to be able to add additional data to a table of approx. 2 rows and 4 columns. I would also like the newest data to be on to while the remaining 19 lines all shift one row down and the leas current row of data to drop off. I hope this explains my problem. Thanks, Howd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not sure if you might have missed my suggestion to your earlier post yesterday in microsoft.public.excel. ( http://tinyurl.com/239sq ) Based on your "revised" specs in this post: Let's say your table is in Sheet1 in A1:D20 [assume an initial tab...

Using formulas to modify pivot table values
Is there a way to modify the output of the data in the body of a pivot table to be included in a calculaton. Of course this can be done post pivot table creation but I would like to do it in one go. I need to divide all the counted values in the body of the pivot table by a cell value, which is different for each row of the pivot table. Help would be much appreciated. --- Chris I don't think so. Maybe you could add an extra column and do your calculation against that (and include it in the pivottable). Or copy the pivottable and convert to values and do what you want. geechr wro...

two tables with same field names
I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries on corporate's systems. The field names are always the same, and there lies my problem. I need to measure the change in promise dates weekly to the order line level. For example, I need to pull last monday's promise date minus this monday's promise date to get the change in number of days. Post your table structure so a query can be assembled. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "deb" wrote: > I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries > o...

import databases
We are just installing RMS for the first time. We need to import our existing database from PowerPOS software, that we've had for 8 years. How can we convert that database into the RMS database, without having to import each item one at a time? We have close to 80,000 individual products, 11,000 customers, and about 700 different suppliers to import. We really don't want to do this one at a time! So far, no info comes with the instructions to tell us how to do this, unless we have QuickSell 2000, which we do not. I don't want to sit here for the next 5 years importing data! ...

outlook with msn account
how do I install an msn account on my outlook when the only options given for server type is "pop3" and "smtp"? What do I do? I am supposed to get to an http format. I don't know how. 1) which version of Outlook? See help, about if unsure. 2) is it a paid account? if so, which plan are you on (plus, premium etc) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

money 2002 only reports one discrentary account.
I want to have a cash flow report that I can rely on. Money 2002 reports my dining as trended , which is fine because its defined as discretionary. However there are other discretionay catagories that are on my credit card and checking account that are ignored ! Why is this. Are there any updates for Microsoft 2002 OEM version 10. Is there any q & a I can refer to? You have not provided enough information to understand your question. I use Money 2002 and its reports are excellent. Don't know what cash flow report you are talking about. The Cash Flow Review in Accounts...

Import Excel to Access
I was having a problem importing data from Excel to Access. The field size within Access tables was limited, but then I found out to change the Default field type to Memo. This worked for the most part, but I'm still unable to get the full data from some Excel cells into Access. It seems like text is still being cut off (limited). I figured out a work around by adding a row ontop of the Excel work sheet and to just include large text field sizes, so that it's automatically detected as Memo during the import into Access. Apparently some of the cells were causing the impo...

How to set up two accounts with one brokerage?
I am using MS Money 2003. I have two accounts with one online brokerage. One is my 401k and one is just some stocks. In order to log in, I have to use a different user name and password depending which account I want to access. The problem is, MS Money only allows me to enter one user name and password for each brokerage. I change the online properties of each MS Money account one at a time, but the changes do not stick. Both accounts wind up with the user name and password of the account I changed last? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. In microsoft...

How to import from Eudora 6.1 and show graphics in message?
Hi, I've tried every format and cannot import my address's from Eudora to Outlook 2002. Anyone know how to do this? Also if someone sends a picture imbedded in the message i cannot view it. I can't find a setting other than preview pane which makes no difference. Thank's Rich Rich <rnienowremove@hotmail.com> wrote: > I've tried every format and cannot import my address's > from Eudora to Outlook 2002. > Anyone know how to do this? Try importing first into Outlook Express and then import from OE with Outlook. > Also if someone sends a picture imb...

Invalid partition table
I have a Toshiba Laptop which came pre-installed with Vista home. Lately, I have received an Invalid Partition Table on bootup. I tried using the recovery disk with the OS on it as a boot disk but it doesn't seem to be working even when I tell the bios to boot from CD/DVD. Any suggestions on how I can create a boot disk and have the computer "see" it upon startup? Thanks so much!! Sandy -- regnells Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com If it is still under warrantee, take it back to the store for a refund or another that works. "regnells&quo...

Accounts to match in downloaded statements
Does anyone know where the "data" is stored that indicates which account a statement is to be matched with on import? I keep getting the wrong account updated when a statement is imported and even when I delete the account number and the bank name from the account information it still tries to match it. In microsoft.public.money, satxfili wrote: >Does anyone know where the "data" is stored that indicates which account a >statement is to be matched with on import? I keep getting the wrong account >updated when a statement is imported and even when I delete...

Creating Mailbox but not an AD account
Is it possible to create just an Exchange Mailbox and not an account on AD. We have a situation where mobile staff don't login to the domain but just access Email using Webmail. We are using Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Not possible that I am aware of since a mailbox is considered a property of the AD user account. "David Harris" <DavidHarris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:535545F3-F7B7-428E-9796-88323A0E8734@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create just an Exchange Mailbox and not an account on > AD. > We have a situat...