Table creation using SanScript

I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a procedure
that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them using
the following command:

open table mytable;
close table mytable;

When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are created
fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
definition (table type, etc.).

Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?

Thanks for the help,
Don DeVeux
0
rengeek33 (60)

You could start a sql profile to see what sql statement is being emitted by
dex.exe, then see if any errors are returned etc.  You can also save that
statement and manually run it from Query Analyzer using the same login that
you are using from the app (in case its a permission issue).

--
dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com

Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.
"rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
>I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a
>procedure
> that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them
> using
> the following command:
>
> open table mytable;
> close table mytable;
>
> When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are
> created
> fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
> created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
> definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
> definition (table type, etc.).
>
> Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Don DeVeux

0
dlothspe (110)
1/31/2006 3:42:16 PM
How do I run the sql profile - through SQL or through GP?  I haven't done
that before.

"Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:

> You could start a sql profile to see what sql statement is being emitted by
> dex.exe, then see if any errors are returned etc.  You can also save that
> statement and manually run it from Query Analyzer using the same login that
> you are using from the app (in case its a permission issue).
>
> --
> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.
> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
> >I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a
> >procedure
> > that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them
> > using
> > the following command:
> >
> > open table mytable;
> > close table mytable;
> >
> > When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are
> > created
> > fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
> > created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
> > definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
> > definition (table type, etc.).
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Don DeVeux

0
rengeek33 (60)
1/31/2006 4:00:29 PM
Ok - I was a little hasty with my last post.  I ran a SQL Profiler on my GP
session and here is what is happening.  It is running the open command for
the three tables, but is NOT running it for the other table.  The one it's
not running is the third table (so it's not the end or beginning of the
list).  I run separate open and close commands for each.

When I look in "Tools, Resource Desciptions, Tables" it is there in my
application so the definition exists.  This is a little bizarre.

Any ideas?

"Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:

> You could start a sql profile to see what sql statement is being emitted by
> dex.exe, then see if any errors are returned etc.  You can also save that
> statement and manually run it from Query Analyzer using the same login that
> you are using from the app (in case its a permission issue).
>
> --
> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.
> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
> >I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a
> >procedure
> > that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them
> > using
> > the following command:
> >
> > open table mytable;
> > close table mytable;
> >
> > When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are
> > created
> > fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
> > created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
> > definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
> > definition (table type, etc.).
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Don DeVeux

0
rengeek33 (60)
1/31/2006 4:15:28 PM
What do you have setup for Physical Name, Series and Database Type in the
Table Definition window?

--

> Ok - I was a little hasty with my last post.  I ran a SQL Profiler on my
> GP
> session and here is what is happening.  It is running the open command for
> the three tables, but is NOT running it for the other table.  The one it's
> not running is the third table (so it's not the end or beginning of the
> list).  I run separate open and close commands for each.
>
> When I look in "Tools, Resource Desciptions, Tables" it is there in my
> application so the definition exists.  This is a little bizarre.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> "Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> You could start a sql profile to see what sql statement is being emitted
>> by
>> dex.exe, then see if any errors are returned etc.  You can also save that
>> statement and manually run it from Query Analyzer using the same login
>> that
>> you are using from the app (in case its a permission issue).
>>
>> --
>> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
>> purposes only.
>> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
>> >I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a
>> >procedure
>> > that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them
>> > using
>> > the following command:
>> >
>> > open table mytable;
>> > close table mytable;
>> >
>> > When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are
>> > created
>> > fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is
>> > not
>> > created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.
>> > Their
>> > definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
>> > definition (table type, etc.).
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
>> >
>> > Thanks for the help,
>> > Don DeVeux

0
dlothspe (110)
1/31/2006 4:59:37 PM
Physical Name: AKAPOP10115 (another table has the same size name and is being
created)
Series: Purchasing (same as the other tables)
Database Type: Default (same as the other tables)

"Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:

> What do you have setup for Physical Name, Series and Database Type in the
> Table Definition window?
>
> --
> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.
> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
> > Ok - I was a little hasty with my last post.  I ran a SQL Profiler on my
> > GP
> > session and here is what is happening.  It is running the open command for
> > the three tables, but is NOT running it for the other table.  The one it's
> > not running is the third table (so it's not the end or beginning of the
> > list).  I run separate open and close commands for each.
> >
> > When I look in "Tools, Resource Desciptions, Tables" it is there in my
> > application so the definition exists.  This is a little bizarre.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > "Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> You could start a sql profile to see what sql statement is being emitted
> >> by
> >> dex.exe, then see if any errors are returned etc.  You can also save that
> >> statement and manually run it from Query Analyzer using the same login
> >> that
> >> you are using from the app (in case its a permission issue).
> >>
> >> --
> >> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
> >> rights.
> >>
> >> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> >> purposes only.
> >> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message

0
rengeek33 (60)
1/31/2006 5:24:37 PM
Hmmm...

1. Have you tried giving it a different bogus physical name?
2. Is the table part of a logical table group?
3. Dex.exe doesn't even bother emitting a 'create table' statement for this
guy at all?
--

> Physical Name: AKAPOP10115 (another table has the same size name and is
> being
> created)
> Series: Purchasing (same as the other tables)
> Database Type: Default (same as the other tables)
>
> "Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> What do you have setup for Physical Name, Series and Database Type in the
>> Table Definition window?
>>
>> --
>> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
>> purposes only.
>> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok - I was a little hasty with my last post.  I ran a SQL Profiler on
>> > my
>> > GP
>> > session and here is what is happening.  It is running the open command
>> > for
>> > the three tables, but is NOT running it for the other table.  The one
>> > it's
>> > not running is the third table (so it's not the end or beginning of the
>> > list).  I run separate open and close commands for each.
>> >
>> > When I look in "Tools, Resource Desciptions, Tables" it is there in my
>> > application so the definition exists.  This is a little bizarre.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?

0
dlothspe (110)
1/31/2006 5:40:52 PM
Yeah, pretty bizarre, but I'm probably just doing something wrong.

I have tried with another name - in fact, originally it had another name and
I had this problem and changed it to this name.
It is part of a table group, which can be seen in the security section when
setting rights.
I will send you the Profiler log if you send me an email I can use, but I
don't see it anywhere.  I'll highlight the other tables for you.

Let me know,
Don

"Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hmmm...
>
> 1. Have you tried giving it a different bogus physical name?
> 2. Is the table part of a logical table group?
> 3. Dex.exe doesn't even bother emitting a 'create table' statement for this
> guy at all?
> --
> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.
> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
> > Physical Name: AKAPOP10115 (another table has the same size name and is
> > being
> > created)
> > Series: Purchasing (same as the other tables)
> > Database Type: Default (same as the other tables)
> >
> > "Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> What do you have setup for Physical Name, Series and Database Type in the
> >> Table Definition window?
> >>
> >> --
> >> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
> >> rights.
> >>
> >> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> >> purposes only.
> >> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message

0
rengeek33 (60)
1/31/2006 6:23:28 PM
1.  I'm assuming the table is attached to a form?  If so, go to the tables
tab in Form Definition, highlight the table and the press the Options
button, does it agree with the other tables attached to the form?
2. Tried synching the dictionary to make sure all the fields have a datatype
attached?
3. Double check all the fields in the table definition to see if they make
sense, ie, is there anything unusual in there?
4. Maybe eliminate everything in the table other than one field and one key
and try that, perhaps thru process of elimination we can find something
unusual?

Grasping here...
--

> Yeah, pretty bizarre, but I'm probably just doing something wrong.
>
> I have tried with another name - in fact, originally it had another name
> and
> I had this problem and changed it to this name.
> It is part of a table group, which can be seen in the security section
> when
> setting rights.
> I will send you the Profiler log if you send me an email I can use, but I
> don't see it anywhere.  I'll highlight the other tables for you.
>
> Let me know,
> Don
>
> "Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Hmmm...
>>
>> 1. Have you tried giving it a different bogus physical name?
>> 2. Is the table part of a logical table group?
>> 3. Dex.exe doesn't even bother emitting a 'create table' statement for
>> this
>> guy at all?
>> --
>> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
>> purposes only.
>> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
>> > Physical Name: AKAPOP10115 (another table has the same size name and is
>> > being
>> > created)
>> > Series: Purchasing (same as the other tables)
>> > Database Type: Default (same as the other tables)

0
dlothspe (110)
1/31/2006 6:47:16 PM
Okay - I did all of that and there is nothing strange.

However, something that I don't think I emphasized on my original note is
that when I run it in development (under Test) it does create the tables and
it works fine.  It is when I create a chunk and install it in GP itself that
it has the issue of not creating that one table.

It's like it's not getting all of the dictionary definitions.

Don

"Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:

> 1.  I'm assuming the table is attached to a form?  If so, go to the tables
> tab in Form Definition, highlight the table and the press the Options
> button, does it agree with the other tables attached to the form?
> 2. Tried synching the dictionary to make sure all the fields have a datatype
> attached?
> 3. Double check all the fields in the table definition to see if they make
> sense, ie, is there anything unusual in there?
> 4. Maybe eliminate everything in the table other than one field and one key
> and try that, perhaps thru process of elimination we can find something
> unusual?
>
> Grasping here...
> --
> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.
> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah, pretty bizarre, but I'm probably just doing something wrong.
> >
> > I have tried with another name - in fact, originally it had another name
> > and
> > I had this problem and changed it to this name.
> > It is part of a table group, which can be seen in the security section
> > when
> > setting rights.
> > I will send you the Profiler log if you send me an email I can use, but I
> > don't see it anywhere.  I'll highlight the other tables for you.
> >
> > Let me know,
> > Don
> >
> > "Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hmmm...
> >>
> >> 1. Have you tried giving it a different bogus physical name?
> >> 2. Is the table part of a logical table group?
> >> 3. Dex.exe doesn't even bother emitting a 'create table' statement for
> >> this
> >> guy at all?
> >> --
> >> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
> >> rights.
> >>
> >> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> >> purposes only.
> >> "rengeek33" <rengeek33@nospamhere.com> wrote in message

0
rengeek33 (60)
1/31/2006 7:56:12 PM
What series are your tables in and do they belong to a table group? If so,
what series does the table group belong to?

You will need to add a record to SY_Pathnames table for your product ID and
series before you create your tables, so that the tables get created in the
correct location.

Otherwise they can be created in the MasterDB or the database pointed to as
the default database in the ODBC settings.

Please make sure you check the KB article below as well.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;874554

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"rengeek33" wrote:

> I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a procedure
> that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them using
> the following command:
>
> open table mytable;
> close table mytable;
>
> When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are created
> fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
> created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
> definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
> definition (table type, etc.).
>
> Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Don DeVeux
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
2/1/2006 2:03:27 AM
David,

My tables are in the Purchasing series (appropriate to the app) and they all
belong to a Table Group which is in the 3rd Party series (a suggestion by
another developer).

I have added a record to SY_Pathnames (SY02100) for the company I am trying
to access with the proper DICTID, DTAPTHNM, DBNAME.  Used File Series 10.

Again, the other three tables are being created in the correct
location/company DB.  I corrected this before.

I read the article and adjusted my program to use it as written.  When I
load GP, I get the following error:
The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form SQL Maintenance: 69: Pass Through
SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 208, Great Plain: 0.

And no tables are created.

Can I get an incident set up and take this to a more direct support option?

Thanks,
Don

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> What series are your tables in and do they belong to a table group? If so,
> what series does the table group belong to?
>
> You will need to add a record to SY_Pathnames table for your product ID and
> series before you create your tables, so that the tables get created in the
> correct location.
>
> Otherwise they can be created in the MasterDB or the database pointed to as
> the default database in the ODBC settings.
>
> Please make sure you check the KB article below as well.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;874554
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "rengeek33" wrote:
>
> > I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a procedure
> > that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them using
> > the following command:
> >
> > open table mytable;
> > close table mytable;
> >
> > When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are created
> > fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
> > created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
> > definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
> > definition (table type, etc.).
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Don DeVeux
0
rengeek33 (60)
2/1/2006 6:27:31 PM
David,

Okay - I changed some things and it seems to be working.  I've sent it to
the client to install and that will be the real test.

As a side note, what is the phone number for Dexterity support in case I
need to create an incident in the future.  The number I called, which I use
for my .NET support doesn't know what Dexterity is.  I got transferred
around, then disconnected.

Thanks for your help,
Don

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> What series are your tables in and do they belong to a table group? If so,
> what series does the table group belong to?
>
> You will need to add a record to SY_Pathnames table for your product ID and
> series before you create your tables, so that the tables get created in the
> correct location.
>
> Otherwise they can be created in the MasterDB or the database pointed to as
> the default database in the ODBC settings.
>
> Please make sure you check the KB article below as well.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;874554
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "rengeek33" wrote:
>
> > I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a procedure
> > that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them using
> > the following command:
> >
> > open table mytable;
> > close table mytable;
> >
> > When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are created
> > fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
> > created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
> > definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
> > definition (table type, etc.).
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Don DeVeux
0
rengeek33 (60)
2/2/2006 5:38:27 PM
David,

What is the normal process for installing the record into SY_Pathnames.
Obviously, I can create a stored procedure to run, but it needs to run for
every company.  Is it normally run on install and creates a record for every
company, or just when a company is accessed?  Is there a standard for this,
as there is for the table creation?

Thanks,
Don

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> What series are your tables in and do they belong to a table group? If so,
> what series does the table group belong to?
>
> You will need to add a record to SY_Pathnames table for your product ID and
> series before you create your tables, so that the tables get created in the
> correct location.
>
> Otherwise they can be created in the MasterDB or the database pointed to as
> the default database in the ODBC settings.
>
> Please make sure you check the KB article below as well.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;874554
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "rengeek33" wrote:
>
> > I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a procedure
> > that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them using
> > the following command:
> >
> > open table mytable;
> > close table mytable;
> >
> > When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are created
> > fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
> > created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
> > definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
> > definition (table type, etc.).
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Don DeVeux
0
rengeek33 (60)
2/2/2006 5:46:30 PM
Don

If you had created your Table Group in the Purchasing series as well, you
would not have needed to worry about Pathnames as it would default to the
Core Purchasing path.  I prefer to use 3rd party for my company based tables
and table groups, but that does mean you must create the entries in the
SY_Pathnames table for them to work.

There is no rule about when to create the Paths, but I do it just prior to
the table creation for each company.

As for contacting support, make sure you mention Great Plains or Dynamics GP
to get to the correct location.  You don't want normal MS developer support.

Also I would suggest using eSupport via the link below:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/support

"rengeek33" wrote:

> David,
>
> What is the normal process for installing the record into SY_Pathnames.
> Obviously, I can create a stored procedure to run, but it needs to run for
> every company.  Is it normally run on install and creates a record for every
> company, or just when a company is accessed?  Is there a standard for this,
> as there is for the table creation?
>
> Thanks,
> Don
>
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > What series are your tables in and do they belong to a table group? If so,
> > what series does the table group belong to?
> >
> > You will need to add a record to SY_Pathnames table for your product ID and
> > series before you create your tables, so that the tables get created in the
> > correct location.
> >
> > Otherwise they can be created in the MasterDB or the database pointed to as
> > the default database in the ODBC settings.
> >
> > Please make sure you check the KB article below as well.
> >
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;874554
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer
> > MBS Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "rengeek33" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables.  I have a procedure
> > > that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them using
> > > the following command:
> > >
> > > open table mytable;
> > > close table mytable;
> > >
> > > When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are created
> > > fine.  When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not
> > > created - the other three are.  I have deleted and recreated them.  Their
> > > definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their
> > > definition (table type, etc.).
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any idea why one of the tables would not be created?
> > >
> > > Thanks for the help,
> > > Don DeVeux
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Find which users are actually using a pop3 account in Exchange 200
We are using Exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 environment. We want all users on exchange, but have only about a 1/3 of them on it. For all of the users, the exchange account and the pop3 account is enabled. We want to switch the users from pop3 to exchange, but need to know who to change without walking around to all 150 users. Is there a way to find out what users are actually using their exchange account, and what users are using the pop3 account to access their email? Hi, Are these using POP3 to retrieve their mail from the Exchange server, or an external ISP of some type? ...

using office 2007 chart in office 2003
I have created a Line chart using Excel 2007 in compatibility mode. When I open the workbook using Excel 2003 it does not know the chart sub-type, and when the chart is regenerated by my macro it defaults to 'Line with markers displayed at each data value'. I need to distribute my chart to users running Office 2003, and I need the chart to retain the original chart type. Any ideas please? The rule of thumb if your workbooks are to be shared with users of different Excel versions, is to create your workbook in the oldest version that any of the users has. Unfortunately Compatibi...

Using Accesslinks
Hello, I have downloaded the add-in access links and followed all the installation steps. When I try to open access form in excel it says there was an error and it could not open. Has anyone else encountered this? Second question: I wanted to use this to create a form for a worksheet that I'm going to put on a network server so a group of users can get to it. Has anyone had any problems or had any success? Thanks in advance for any help!! ...

VC++ NET 2002: How to Use theClass View's Properties window to add a message handler for the WM_KEYDOWN message
Hi all I used "The EX05c Example: Scrolling" of the book "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference" (6th Edition) as my 3rd example of MFC exercises to catch up my VC++ .NET 2002 (VC++ 7.0) programming. I started my 'Eg05c' project in the MFC Application Wizard and followed the 1 thru 7 steps instructed in the book (pages 82-85) I believed I did the steps 1, 2 and 3 correctly: 1 - In MFC Application Wizard -Eg05c, I setthe CEg05cView to "CScrollView" 2 - I added the m_rectEllipse and m_nColor data members in Eg05cView.h by typing in "...

Use ComboBox to show and fill data in a subform
I have a table named PROJECTS that contains data related to projects, such as: Project_ID (Primary Key) Project_Name Phase Region…………and so on. I want to: 1) Build a form with a ComboBox where the user will be able to select the project in this ComboBox 2) Have a subform in datasheet view where users should be able to input activities for that project (each project has more than one activity) in such a way that each new activity is automatically saved AND related to the project selected in the ComboBox. A) Since I have many activities for each project - should I build a new table (P...

Pivot Table
In a Excel Pivot Table, when we double-click a cell in the Data area, a new sheet is created with the details. What I want to do (I already did it in the past), is when I click a cell in the Row area, several sheets are created (one per value). I have already had this feature in Excel in the past (I think it was an add-on), but I don't remember how to do it again. Thxs,, Pedro Valente I think you mean from the Page field, not the Row field. From the PT Toolbar>dropdown>Show Pages -- Regards Roger Govier "Valente" <pedro.valente.geral@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Using an Excel Macro to move a folder with XP
Hi, I've posted this question 2 or 3 times, but I haven't gotten any responses. Can someone please give me a little help The following macro takes files that are in one directory ("C:\Fishbowl\Req_Serv\one"), and puts them in a newly created directory ("C:\Fishbowl\Solved_Service_Cases\one". This works in Excel 2000 running on 98, but does not work in Excel 2000 running on XP In 98, this creates a new subdir named "one" under "Solved_Service_Cases" and MOVES everything from the first directory into it (Before running this macro, there is a...

Pivot table grouping problem
I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie: Year Group 2004 2005 10 2 10 1 11 5 11 3 12 8 12 10 Why won't these rows combine and look like: Year Group 2004 2005 10 1 2 11 3 5 12 10 8 All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does not. Any ideas? Sheryl Check for leading/trailing spaces. Make sure each is numeric ...

Pivot Table Item Translation
Hello All, I am having a little problem with my Pivot Table... My PT shows custom names in the ROWS section and there spends over the last 12 months as the Data However I overtyped some of the Customer names just to see what would happen and now I can not get the original names back. my data still shows the original names but the PT only shows the ones i overtyped (so i have a lot of customer name which follow the 'sdsd', 'ffee' 'fred bloggs' pattern) even when i refresh the names i entered still return. It would appear that excel is translating the actual name for ...

using malloc on a struct that has a CList
I am trying to pick up the pieces of code that were left my another guy here. I'm a newbie... but this is a low prioroity project so they threw it to me to learn with. Great. There is a pretty messy linked list of structs in this tool. I wanted to add some more data to the struct, 1 of the items being a CList of ptrs. The structs are allocated with malloc(). I'm getting asserts when I make a call to AddTail() - the assert is failing on ASSERT_VALID(this) so it would appear that the malloc does not allocate the correct space for a CList OR I need to initialize it after or somethin...

Using brackets in email address SMTP format
Hi, does anyone of you know how to configure exchange server to be able to accept email messages with "username@ [smtpserverip]" format of smtp email address? Thanks in advance Karel kr@eg.cz "Karel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d9e801c45442$ba5b8030$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, does anyone of you know how to configure exchange > server to be able to accept email messages with "username@ > [smtpserverip]" format of smtp email address? > > Thanks in advance > > Karel > kr@eg.cz > Which version of E...

Subform displaying all 24158 records in Products Table
I created a form/subform using the form wizard. This was based on 2 queries. 1 for the Invoice Summary and 1 for the Invoice Detail. When you select the (open the form to view or enter information option) the subform has 24158 records. All have the same Product Number but the descriptions represent every record in the Products table. All 24158 of them. The "link child fields" and "link master fields" properties are blank in the respective tables. I am obviously doing something drastically wrong. Please help. Thanks Mark You need to set the Invoice Number as the Li...

multiple people using the same outlook
How do I set up outlook, without setting up a seperate network login, for two people to use the same Outlook and each person has there own email address and there own .pst file with all the inbox, sent, deleted, drafts, outbox being appropriately and automatically segregrated? In control panel, click the Mail icon. Create a separate profile for each user. When Outlook is started, the user will be prompted for which profile to use. "TheForrest" <forrest@tetonvalley.net> wrote in message news:003201c361c3$210887b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I set up outlook, without ...

Using a component on a CDialogBar ???? please help
First sorry for my english. My problem is after I create with AppWizard a basic app single document without document support app wizzard makes me 3 class : - ChildView.cpp - MainFrm.cpp - Test.cpp (my project) After I create a dialog bar in MainFrm.cpp on CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) like this : /******************* CDialogBar m_DialogBar (in MainFrm.h) m_DialogBar.Create(this, IDD_DIALOGBAR,WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_LEFT | CBRS_TOOLTIPS , IDD_DIALOGBAR); /****************** and on the IDD_DIALOGBAR(template) a have a ListBox i want to populete the list box w...

Bare LFs when using bulk email / reply from CRM client.
Hi, We have an issue where the bulk email or replying to an email using the CRM client causes some emails to be rejected by mail servers due to CRM not properly terminating strings with a CRLF. Instead, on occasions, the emails end up having just an LF which some mail servers will reject (http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html). This does appear to be a known issue with CRM 3.0. I have an EmailCallout DLL that will rewrite messages to replace any bare LFs with the correct CRLF. However when I try it I don't see any improvement. Below is the callout.config.xml file I have written. Is it ...

GP6.0 Tables
The BM00101 table is primarily used for BillOfMaterials. Is there a table similarly used for Kits? Thanks IV00104 is the Kit Master Table. Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant http://www.AccoladePublications.com btw....there is considerable information on tables and their relationships and how data moves through them in our book Information Flow and Posting. Check it out on our web site. "JDR" wrote: > The BM00101 table is primarily used for BillOfMaterials. Is there a table > similarly used for Kits? > > Thanks > > > ...

vftable not found when __declspec(dllimport) used
I have class RTRTwrapper implementing an abstract class PluginInterface with pure virtual functions. This is a DLL project so RTRTwrapper is declared as class __declspec(dllimport) RTRTwrapper : public PluginInterface When building, I get Error 53 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) const RTRTwrapper::`vftable'" (__imp_??_7RTRTwrapper@@6B@) referenced in function "public: __thiscall RTRTwrapper::RTRTwrapper(void)" (??0RTRTwrapper@@QAE@XZ) RTRTwrapper.obj Moreover, I get alot of: 2>..\..\RTRT_dll\RTRTwrapper.cc(42) : warning C427...

Extract/Export records to seperate sheets using criteria
I have a master sheet containg records for many different people - names in Column 1. I want to maintain the master sheet by adding, subtracting, changing items and have these changes reflected on seperate sheets which contain only the records relating to the one person. I meed a few pointers to how this is best done and any pitfalls I need to look out for - can it be automatic ? Do I need macro's or a vba script ? Any help much appreciated. Thank you Hi if you need an automqatic way you'll probably need VBA. Bu I would check if an advanced filter is not sufficient for your ta...

Pivot Table? #3
Excel 2000 ... No answer to previous post (11/04) so will attempt to clarify & try again today ... I have several columns of data ... For 1 Col I wish to express a "sum" on the Pivot Table ... I am new to Pivot Tables, but I have no problem with this. For a 2nd Col ... I wish the Pivot Table to express (the total sum) as a percentage of the other Col. Assume "sum" of Col A = 120 & "sum" of Col B = 30. I would like Pivot Table to return the following values: Col A = 120 Col B = 25% Is it possible to setup Pivot Table to do this ... & if so .....

Dialog Creation
Hello, I want to insert code for a dialog box. This code needs to be inserted after the creation of the dialog box, but while the dialog box is being shown. Would this be some sort of override or event? The project that I am doing that requires this is a MFC type application. I am using Visual C++ .NET 2003 ... Thanks in advance. Sincerely, James Simpson Straightway Technologies James Simpson wrote: > Hello, > I want to insert code for a dialog box. This code needs > to be inserted after the creation of the dialog box, but > while the dialog box is being shown. Woul...

Difference In An Excel Pivot Table
I am trying to create a difference column in an Excel Spreadsheet that contains a Pivot Table. The Table is based on data marked in a spreadsheet identifying each record as pertaining to a policy year of 2005/2006 or 2004/2005. I want to get the difference between the subtotal for each of these years. I have tried using the formula option on the pivot table wizard menu bar. However, when I try to pick the fields only one field is listed which is named "Year" not one for each individual policy year. I am attaching the spreadsheet in hopes that someone can help. I can easily do ...

Using the 'onChange' Event to control data entry.
I would like to know if anyone has any significant experience customizing CRM and using the onChange event. I have created a number of custom fields and what I would like to do is have an onChange event that makes some fields unavailable when a certain item is chosen from the dropdown list. Is this at all possible? Cheers, Rob. Rob, Is it possible? Yes. Will it be supported? No. One problem you will run into is how to "trigger" this code when an existing record is displayed. This is where you are going to get into unsupported changes. You will need to modify the page so ...

what is the perl table ??? and how i can use this

Problem with Publishing Calendar using Office online.
I'm trying to use the Outlook calendar sharing feature. I have followed all instructions and email has been received by my buddy. She has registered her email address with Windows Live. When she tries to "Subscribe to this Calendar" on the email, there is a popup box asking for user name and password. She has tried both the windows live email and password and her Laptop user name and password but neither work. Any suggestions?? Is the liveid address the same one you sent the invite to? If not, you need to send an invite to the liveid address. That is what s...

Can time be used as both the x and y variables in scatter plots? #2
Can time be used as both the x variable and the y variable when creating a scatter plot? I want to determine the correlation between the time a company TV commercial is aired versus the time of day that we receive phone calls. My objective is to determine which commercials generate the most calls (we run several different spots per day). I assume I will see clusters of calls around specific commercials. I am entering the times in this format: "10:30", "1:15" etc. Thanks. -J See your other post on this subject. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, P...