T4 report question

Hello everyone,

I am wondering which exactly is the name of the T4 for employee report
in Great Plains v.8.
The reason is that I need to change a little the report because it does
not allign properly.
The description of my situation is as following:
I looked into all the reports I have in the Payroll module.
Quite few have "T4" in their name.
I opened (Layout) all of them and only 2 one looked like the report
that I need.
However if I add a text field in any of them and save them and then I
go and print a T4 for an employee the text field does not appear. This
indicates me that I am not looking at the correct report.
Please help.

Thank you,

LiliA

0
liliana1 (3)

Lilia,
When you modify a report that has never been modified before; you must grant
proper security access to this report by going to
Setup->System->Security
select the users ID, company, product, Type (select modifed report) and
Series. The Access List will display all the modified report; double-click to
select (an * mark means access is granted).

Also, when you have trouble finding exactly which report is needed to modify
then print the orignal report on the screen and from the Tools Menu, select
Customize and then "Modify Current Report"
Tools->Customize->Modify Current Report
This way, the Report Writer will open up the report you currently see on the
screen.

"LiliA" wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am wondering which exactly is the name of the T4 for employee report
> in Great Plains v.8.
> The reason is that I need to change a little the report because it does
> not allign properly.
> The description of my situation is as following:
> I looked into all the reports I have in the Payroll module.
> Quite few have "T4" in their name.
> I opened (Layout) all of them and only 2 one looked like the report
> that I need.
> However if I add a text field in any of them and save them and then I
> go and print a T4 for an employee the text field does not appear. This
> indicates me that I am not looking at the correct report.
> Please help.
>
> Thank you,
>
> LiliA

0
Shariq (273)
2/15/2006 9:51:30 PM
Lilia,
When you modify a report that has never been modified before; you must grant
proper security access to this report by going to
Setup->System->Security
select the users ID, company, product, Type (select modifed report) and
Series. The Access List will display all the modified report; double-click to
select (an * mark means access is granted).

Also, when you have trouble finding exactly which report is needed to modify
then print the orignal report to the screen and from the Tools Menu, select

"LiliA" wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am wondering which exactly is the name of the T4 for employee report
> in Great Plains v.8.
> The reason is that I need to change a little the report because it does
> not allign properly.
> The description of my situation is as following:
> I looked into all the reports I have in the Payroll module.
> Quite few have "T4" in their name.
> I opened (Layout) all of them and only 2 one looked like the report
> that I need.
> However if I add a text field in any of them and save them and then I
> go and print a T4 for an employee the text field does not appear. This
> indicates me that I am not looking at the correct report.
> Please help.
>
> Thank you,
>
> LiliA

0
Shariq (273)

Copying only report sheets
Hi: Happy new year. I created a MS excel workbook which has 4 data sheets and 4 report sheets. Each report sheet links to each data sheet. Now I want to create another workbook that will show only the 4 report sheets. How can I do it in VB code? Agin, in each report sheet, I copy and paste data from data sheet and thus each report points to individual data sheet. Workbookname: ctces sheet names:dat1,rep1,dat2,rep2,dat3,rep3,dat4,rep4 Best wishes and thanks -- jesmin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

problem creating report
I have 15 working forms from 2 diferant colums from one table what I want is to run each query on its own line of a report with 4 calculations at the end I can select 1 query and produce the first line but how do I move to second line and query? thanks Duane Hookom wrote: > This is a really unusual question. What do your forms and columns have to do > with your queries and report? > > A report can have only one record source. This record source could be a > union query. You can also use subreports to display additional queries. > thank you ...

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

Windows 7 Mail Question
Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? Thank you. -Frank YES "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:ze6dnYRTr8IDfqXWnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support > IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? > > Thank you. > > -Frank Windows 7 does not include an email program. I use the free Windows Live Mail,(http:\download.live.com) but ther...

SMALL Function question
Hi All, First off, many thanks that assisted me in getting my golf score sheet running properly with the MATCH & INDEX stuff...it works great. I have a problem with the SMALL function...I have a list of 5 lowest scores returned from a range called 'calcutta'. In the adjacent cell I have the coresponding name returned ato match the score with the player. The problem is with ties. If two players hve the same score the SMALL function returns the first one it finds in each cell. I use it like this G1=SMALL(CALCUTTA,1) G2=SMALL(CALCUTTA,2) ETC.... "Monte Comeau" <...

Delivery report #2

VBA speed question.
I want to know that A() and B() which faster... dim arr(99) as long dim arrB(9) as long sub A() arr(arrB()) = arr(arrB()) + 1 end sub sub B() dim X as long X = arrB() arr(X) = arr(X) + 1 end sub ...

Installation Question
I would like to install Vista on a Macintosh I have. It's a 250 g hard drive, but I've already used up 150 g. Is there a way not to put on all that extra junk that comes with Windows? I've already bought it a year and a half ago, the macintosh hard drive was replaced. Thank you On 12 Jul 2010, safety123@aol.com wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I would like to install Vista on a Macintosh I have. > It's a 250 g hard drive, but I've already used up 150 g. > > Is there a way not to put on all that extra junk that comes with ...

Newbie question: finding aliases and forwards
If I have an address such as services@somewhere.com how could I figure out where (which user) that address exists at in Exchange or where it forwards to (if it forwards versus belonging to a user)? Thanks. just go to Active Directory Users and computers and do a find with a filter by the users email Address "Joe Blow" wrote: > If I have an address such as services@somewhere.com > how could I figure out where (which user) that address exists at in Exchange > or where it forwards to (if it forwards versus belonging to a user)? > Thanks. > > > ...

Simple charting question
I don't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm trying to make a graph with Temperature (Celesius) as the X-axis and Baseball Speed (Km/hr) as the Y-axis. When I highlight the columns below and try to make a bar graph - 0 44.1 1 47 3 44.7 4 43.5 5 50.2 13 59.9 I get two series plotted or shown seperately. I would like to get one of the following: ...

2003 Money (Can I -) question
Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop down fields used to create new recurring bill under [Bills & Deposits]? For example; [Write Check] is the default in the payment method. I want it to be [Print Check]. [Monthly] is default for the frequency and I want [Only Once]. I would like to be able to set my most used selections as defaults. Thanks - Andy Nope. "Andy" <a1cotton@knology.net> wrote in message news:079b01c392c3$6cfe0290$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop > down fields used to create new...

Question about OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED error!
When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED. I depend on its tip and add Coinitialize() in. but It strill is wrong. who can help me? COleDataSource* pOds = new COleDataSource(); if (pOds == NULL) return FALSE; pOds->CacheGlobalData(nFormat,hMem); pOds->SetClipboard(); Michael F wrote: > When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, > SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find > OleSetClipboard return...

Great Plains Question 10-21-03
Can anyone tell me how Great Plains can be set up for 802.11b wireless scanners? Is the session just a regular Telnet session or is there some funky emulation? Also, is there any modules in place within Great Plains that allow portable RF scanners to operate? Given the fact that the portable scanner may only have a 16 x 21 line display. Or is it up to an integrator to set this up. please send this query to microsoft.public.greatplains "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00d301c39803$d049b0c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell...

Using a listbox selection to limit records in a form and report
I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the results of a form to just those names. On a similar track, I want to use the selected names to limit a report. I have the listbox created and have added a button next to it to initiate the next step, but cannot figure out how to do it. Also, would like to (if possible) use multiple listboxs in the same way (ie, name and/or department). "dascooper" <dascooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1227B7CC-3345-4FDC-8EB0-94BEF46660FD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the resu...

XMLSPY Question
Altova posted an announcement regarding XMLSPY 2008 stating it can handle much larger files. So how large is large? Does it load the entire XML document into memory, or does it stream, like xmlreader? I read it has spyware so am reluctant to download the trial version. I did download Stylus Studio and it appears to be a DOM based system. I transform very large xml documents for my clients and some of these files are over 500Mb. I even did noe that was almost 3Gb. I wote some tools with xmlreader/writer that split the files, but requires some hard-coding for each one. sure would be nice to...

looping question
I've used a few looping type macros until now with no problems. However, I'm completely stumped when i need to get excel to count things for me>>> I have 5 row of data in each column (for example). I want to get all the data to be in column A each set below the next. so I need to refer to B1:B5 and move it to A6:A10. Then repeat to move C1:C5 to A11:A15 etc..etc... I need to move all 5 rows in each case regardless of content (number letter, blank etc..) I just come up against a brick wall when it comes to all this i=i+1 stuff, refering to ranges and telling excel to move ...

Discrepancy with report and x/z tape for weighted items
We sell chocolates by weight at one of our stores and we have found that there is a rounding issue with this item, it processes correctly but at the time of closing the sales amounts on the x/z report do not match, it is usually a penny different but because of this the batch won't integrate to our accounting software (Great Plains). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

Print 2 reports
Hi, Is it possible to print 2 copies of my report using the following code? thanks. ************************************************* Private Sub Command27_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command27_Click Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[WarehouseID] = " & Me.[WarehouseID] DoCmd.OpenReport "rptWarehouse", acViewNormal, , strWhere DoCmd.GoToRecor...

Report based on parameter query
I have a report that is based on an ordinary parameter query (i.e. right now it pops up dialogs asking for three values that it needs for its where clause). I use this query in several places, so I don't want to make the parameters dependent on specific form controls, which is the only information I've been able to find on google on feeding parameters in a report query's Recordsource. What I actually want to happen is to make a button in the main switchboard which, when pressed, will look up those values in a different query I already have and then use those to populate th...

Help! Crystal Hist Stock Status Report
We just changed our procedures in Sales Order Processing so the GL Posting Date is different than the Document Date. This has caused a problem with the Crystal Report that works as an inventory stock status report. I can fix it if I can get access to the GL posting date. My report has the following tables, IV00101, IV00102 & IV30300. The IV30300 only has a document date field available. Anybody know how I can tie this report to another table to get the GL posting date? The GP hist stock status can do this because it has a report option to key off the GL posting date. I believ...

Billing/Statement Question w/Solomon Integration
Here is our company's structure: Our Corporate Office is being ran by Solomon, we have retail locations that will be running RMS for the retail counter sales.....We have many customers that not only call on us for service work, but also will come into the retail store to purchase products and services....When they make the purchase at the retail location, I would like them to be able to put their sale "on account", and once a month we can then bill them for their purchases. At the month end, I will need to be able to generate a statement that shows their activity for the ...

Multiple Unrelated Queries In One Report or Form?
Hello guys, I've been tasked with generating a report for my boss that provides an overview of our core database statistics. This includes the total number of orders placed each month and the total value of orders placed each month. I also need to provide the same information for purchase orders, quotations and discrepancy reports. Each individual query is a piece of cake on its own but how can I display all of this information either in a form or preferably in a nicely formatted report? The queries are all completely unrelated so there's no way I can somehow joi...

.xls Report opens rather than Snapshot Report
I�m using AK2000. The database has seven users and is split into a frontend and backend. The backend is on a novell server. The frontends are located on the users pc�s. All of the users have identical frontends and they were able to E-Mail reports in snapshot format. A few days ago when two of the users tried to E-Mail snapshot reports the reports were created in .xls format rather than .snp format. I have had our IT staff reload snapshotviewer on the two pc�s, however, that did not fix the problem. Has anyone had any problems like this? Were you able to fix it? ...

report by date 02-19-08
->Hi, ->My project is in MS Access 2002. ->In that I have one form which I am using to generate report by date. ->In that form I have two three fields StartDate,EndDate,ItemNo all are of type [B]Text[/B]. ->Now when I select StartDate and EndDate both of same Year then its working properly. ->But if I select StartDate from Previous Year and Today's Date as EndDate then it will simply show results of current year and only of StartDate. ->Means if i enter StartDate=1/1/2007 and EndDate=02/19/2008 then it will show all results of current year(1/1/2008-02/19/2008) and resu...

Using OLE frame with an Excel sheet for a report template 04-09-07
I am trying to use an Excel file as a template for an Access report. Linked the excel file through OLE frame with the properties set as follows: Source Doc : C:\sajit\test.xls Source Item : test1 where test1 is the range name in which the template is. I also have other sheets which are used as templates for other reports. The templates were made by making a 'Copy' 'Sheet' from the previous sheet, each sheet contains one template range. When I preview the report, Access picks the wrong template, even though the filename and the range name specified in properties are cor...