System wide support for non-default AR Account

I was looking through your knowledgebase, and found article 852288. This
article perfectly describes what our client needs to do. They will be
overriding the Accounts Receivable account when sales transactions occur.
Then, when they do a cash receipt, I do see that if they do NOT click the
Distributions button on the Cash Receipts window, that the A/R accounts do
flow from the documents against which the cash receipt is applied. This is
adequate.

However, if the client enters a cash receipt and does not apply it to an
existing sales document, then the cash receipt of course posts to the default
A/R account. The problem comes in when the user uses the Apply Sales
Documents window.

Let's say a customer is setup with a default A/R account of 000-1200-00.
Then, an invoice is entered for $100 and posted to A/R account 000-1200-10.
Next, a cash receipt was received for $100 but not applied to any document,
which therefore caused it to post to the default A/R account of 000-1200-00.
So, two accounts receivable accounts have been affected thus far. This is
acceptable. However, when the user applies the invoice and cash receipt
together using the Apply Sales Documents window, no GL activity takes place.
This means that, even though the outstanding Accounts Receivable has been
satisfied, that 000-1200-10 is inflated by $100, and 000-1200-00 is low by
$100.

I am a Dexterity programmer, and am capable of adding functionality to
create this GL activity to correct the problem, but it seems that since Great
Plains does support non-default A/R accounts in the Cash Receipts window, it
should also support them when un-applied cash receipts are applied after
posting using the Apply Sales Documents window.

Can you please discuss this with your team, and let me know:

1. If my assumptions above are correct
2. If this functionality can be added in a future service pack for version 8.0
3. If this functionality can be put on the enhancement list for version 9.0

You may wonder why were're doing such a crazy thing. We're implementing a
very complex solution for this client, where we will be supporting separate
unique companies with separate unique balance sheets in the same Great Plains
company database. Our main motivation is because the companies have to share
inventory.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=712898f4-168a-4641-a559-b6ab0144e5b5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

You may also want to try a product called FlexiCoder from eOne. I am
not sure about this case, but it might be able to do something like
this. Here is their website:
http://www.eonesolutions.com.au/Content.aspx?page=Flexicoder

0
rrs1977 (140)

Hiding Non-Duplicated Entries
Dear All!!! It's very urgent, please help!!! I've got to edit duplicated entries but not remove them - how can hide NON-duplicated rows? Resulting column should contain even number of duplicated entries. Thanks in advance!!! Lana :eek -- Lan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=88 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38315 I've created two columns with formulas that display 1 if preceding o following rows are identical, and...

Can you compile Excell vba to keep code Non-Viewable ?
Is there a way to protect your vba code in an excel app? thanks - tmb Hi, In the Visual Basic Editor, Right click on the module Node that you want to protect, select the protection tab, and enter a password. this will protect your VBA code. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bwe3e.12668$vd.7397@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > Is there a way to protect your vba code in an excel app? > > thanks - tmb > > > www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html Just to add to Sunil's post. This will keep most people fro...

Default save of unsent messages to inbox NOT drafts: Why?
My Outlook automatically/by default saves unsent messages to the inbox not the drafts folder. Why? And how may I change this? Thank you. Vere Scott What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | My Outlook automatically/by default saves unsent messages | to the inbox not the drafts folder. Why? And how may I | change this? | | Thank you. | | Vere Scott ...

AR aging #2
1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my historical aging report come out correctly. 2. For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print statements, what is the advantage of running aging process? --Scott Scott, Yes, the ageing reports will age the accounts even if the Ageing process has not been run. The Ageing process will (1) update the ageing buckets in the customer card; (2) provide aged amounts for use in Cyrstal Reports or any other external reporting...

Change the Default Language Setting
Is it possible to set the language to 'English (Australia)' so it will be the default across all office applications? I keep having to change it manually in outlook at the moment. ...

Better support for dynamic content within headers and footers
One of the major limitations that I find there is with Excel is the ability to display dynamic content within headers and footers. Specifically, without adding VBA code, there is no way to place anything in the headers/footers except for static text, the page number, the number of pages, date (in a standard format), time (in a standard format), file name, sheet name, and graphics. For starters, I would like to see the following new functionality: - The ability to specify different ways of formatting dates and times. A good way to do this would be similar to how different formats are ...

Sound when entering transaction into account
I just upgraded to Money 2004 from Money V5. Is it possible to change the lame "ding" sound when entering a transaction to the satisfying "ka-ching" sound in Version 5? -- Norm Although Money parameters turn on whether sounds are played, the actual sounds are stored in the system level. So go to the Start and select control panel. In the control panel select "Sounds" (slightly different name and location depending upon which operating system. scroll down the sounds until you find Money and the "enter transaction" you can then change it ...

can't setup my account
I'm at work trying to set up my Outlook account but I keep getting the username/password box pop up after I make my account. Here's whats happening: I'm selecting POP3 --> setting incoming mail server (POP3)/outgoing(SMTP) as the same, typing in my name, email address, user name, and password. Then I click more settings-->Advanced--> Incoming server (POP3) = 110 and Outgoing server (SMTP) = 587. When I go to test settings I type in my User Name and Password but the box just pops up again in 10 seconds. Why isn't it accepting my password? I can't send mail...

Creating Mailbox but not an AD account
Is it possible to create just an Exchange Mailbox and not an account on AD. We have a situation where mobile staff don't login to the domain but just access Email using Webmail. We are using Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Not possible that I am aware of since a mailbox is considered a property of the AD user account. "David Harris" <DavidHarris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:535545F3-F7B7-428E-9796-88323A0E8734@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create just an Exchange Mailbox and not an account on > AD. > We have a situat...

Accounts to match in downloaded statements
Does anyone know where the "data" is stored that indicates which account a statement is to be matched with on import? I keep getting the wrong account updated when a statement is imported and even when I delete the account number and the bank name from the account information it still tries to match it. In microsoft.public.money, satxfili wrote: >Does anyone know where the "data" is stored that indicates which account a >statement is to be matched with on import? I keep getting the wrong account >updated when a statement is imported and even when I delete...

How to set up two accounts with one brokerage?
I am using MS Money 2003. I have two accounts with one online brokerage. One is my 401k and one is just some stocks. In order to log in, I have to use a different user name and password depending which account I want to access. The problem is, MS Money only allows me to enter one user name and password for each brokerage. I change the online properties of each MS Money account one at a time, but the changes do not stick. Both accounts wind up with the user name and password of the account I changed last? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. In microsoft...

money 2002 only reports one discrentary account.
I want to have a cash flow report that I can rely on. Money 2002 reports my dining as trended , which is fine because its defined as discretionary. However there are other discretionay catagories that are on my credit card and checking account that are ignored ! Why is this. Are there any updates for Microsoft 2002 OEM version 10. Is there any q & a I can refer to? You have not provided enough information to understand your question. I use Money 2002 and its reports are excellent. Don't know what cash flow report you are talking about. The Cash Flow Review in Accounts...

outlook with msn account
how do I install an msn account on my outlook when the only options given for server type is "pop3" and "smtp"? What do I do? I am supposed to get to an http format. I don't know how. 1) which version of Outlook? See help, about if unsure. 2) is it a paid account? if so, which plan are you on (plus, premium etc) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Manage System Custom Links
In order to be compliant, security has been removed to maintenance windows, however the users need access to the inquiry window to view information. Unfortunately, the system has set links to maintenance windows. I have customization code to close the maintenance window and open the inquiry window through Modifer with VBA, but this would involve modifying all the windows linked to a particuler maintenance window. I would like to have the ability to manage where the links go to or the ability to add additional links to additional windows through an administrative screen. An example would...

How can I reset defaults for cell borders? i.e color and/or inte.
I want to be able to modify border colors and intesity for cells in a worksheet. 1-choose the cellsformat/cells 2-choose format/cells 3-click on Border tab 4-choose the line style and color 5-click kind of vorder u want to have. 6-to reset defaults for cell borders, click "none" "mffoster" wrote: > I want to be able to modify border colors and intesity for cells in a > worksheet. ...

Excel default number format problem
I have a user with an incorrect default cell format in Excel. His default number of decimal places for a cell with numbers is set to 4 instead of 2. I have no idea how he caused this and I have no idea how to correct it. In case I'm being ambiguous, here is the procedure: Open a new Excel workbook, choose any cell and go to Format. In the Format Cell dialog box go to the Number tab and choose the Number category. The Decimal Places box will be set to 2 by default but in this user's Excel it is set to 4. How do I get it back to the default of 2? http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick...

Two Email Accounts not able to reply out of one of them
Hello All, I was wondering if someone here has ran into this problem. I currently have two email accounts setup in Exchange I can receive email in both of these accounts and view the email in Outlook 2003. In my default account if I receive an email I can reply back. But in my secondary mailbox if I receive an email I cannot reply back I get a error message which is listed below. On the secondary account I have added my username under permissions and gave it full access but I am still getting the below error. Anything will help thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the inten...

How do I create charts having non absolute reference values?
Not sure what you're asking. If you want to change an axis so it doesn't begin at zero, double click on it and enter your own scaling parameters. If that's not it, try using TWO sentences to explain what you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "rvboxel" <rvboxel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97BB5A7C-5AD5-4D84-83A1-02E8B96D2FAE@microsoft.com... > ...

accessing outlook account while traveling
I am relocating and while traveling will not have use of my desktop. How can I access my outlook express email account while on the road. I don't have a laptop but will us cafes and libraries OE merely allows you to access yr ISP mail account. Web access to yr ISP account, see yr ISP FAQ's/help "j" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169f701c44805$651492e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am relocating and while traveling will not have use of > my desktop. How can I access my outlook express email > account while on the road. I don't hav...

Backup option not available to User Account
Hi. Using Outlook 2002, Win XpPro. I installed the backup add-in successfully with my Admin account. When I go to my non-admin user account, I don't see File | Backup as a choice. And I can't add it in by using the COM Add-In manager. It tells me that it is already installed and needs to be uninstalled before I can proceed. (Which didn't work!) Can you please help me out? Thanks! ...

Setting up account balances
I have just installed GP and now I need to set up my beginning balances. I am want to show a debit to checking for $22,000 and a credit to Capitol for $22,000 ,,,how do I do this. How do I journalize this. I am an old school accountant. It depends on if you have the Bank Reconciliation module. If you do, you should enter a Bank Transaction so your checkbook and GL cash account are updated. If you do not have this module, then you enter a GL journal entry. -- Charles Allen, MVP "michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > I have just installed GP and now I need to set up my beginnin...

Outlook Change Account Problem
The one is driving me nuts. When I set up another Pop3 account, the user information I entered, (specifically: Your Name) was entered incorrectly. I had tested it with the test function button and it worked just fine; both user name and address were sent through. I even sent an e-mail from that account to another, still OK. OK, so now I want to correct the name, but Outlook refuses to change it. I have tried deleting that account, all accounts, and deleting associated registry entries for that account, etc. No dice. The old name still appears in the message. Is there some hidden setti...

Local accounts for domain users best practice
We have some clients that have the domain user in a local administrator group only, no local account. What are best practices for adding domain users to the workstations? In an environment where the users do not need roaming profiles, is it advantageous to set up local accounts for the domain user? Could not having a local account cause the profile to be volatile? Thank you, CourtK CourtK wrote: > We have some clients that have the domain user in a local administrator > group only, no local account. What are best practices for adding domain > users to the wor...

Accounts receivable
Under my "accounts receivable" account, I have a "Num" column which I use it to input my invoice numbers; however, it suddenly lost its function. When I input an invoice, click on increase, the number tab doesn't come out anymore, what did I do? How can I fix this problem? Thanks for the help! ...

Modifying Account Overview problem
I have been following the instructions in the book Working with MS Dynamics 3.0 for modifying the Account Overview report. I try to edit the ds_BasicProfile SQL statement to include facct.numberofemployees, immediately after SELECT. When I put the field in the Basic Information section, the subreport won't run. (After importing it back into CRM). If the field isn't displayed, all is ok. See below for the beginning portion of the statement. Also, when I click on the Generic Query Designer, I get this error: The Declare cursor SQL construct or statement is not supported. Any...