system password #2

I suffered through a error riddled installation, likely a result of my
choosing to install to an existing SQL Server.  I set the project aside for
several weeks.  Today I have thrashed about a bit, done a couple of Check
Links but I am currently being informed that I need to establish a currency,
but entering Setup - Financial - Multicurrency I am asked for a system
password.  As I am logged in as the SQL sa I find this strange and rather
distressing.  Is uninstalling the only way to recover from an unknown system
password?

--
Randy Hersom
Habilitation Software Inc.

0
clabbers (8)

Randy Hersom wrote:

> I suffered through a error riddled installation, likely a result of
> my choosing to install to an existing SQL Server.  I set the project
> aside for several weeks.  Today I have thrashed about a bit, done a
> couple of Check Links but I am currently being informed that I need
> to establish a currency, but entering Setup - Financial -
> Multicurrency I am asked for a system password.  As I am logged in as
> the SQL sa I find this strange and rather distressing.  Is
> uninstalling the only way to recover from an unknown system password?

The system password is ALWAYS asked for during the initial
installation. Perhaps you did not read the screen completely and set
the password thinking that you were setting something else. Did you set
it to be the same as your sa password?

--
Lyle U
0

Do I have to uninstall?
--
Randy Hersom
Habilitation Software Inc.

"Lyle U" wrote:

> Randy Hersom wrote:
>
> > I suffered through a error riddled installation, likely a result of
> > my choosing to install to an existing SQL Server.  I set the project
> > aside for several weeks.  Today I have thrashed about a bit, done a
> > couple of Check Links but I am currently being informed that I need
> > to establish a currency, but entering Setup - Financial -
> > Multicurrency I am asked for a system password.  As I am logged in as
> > the SQL sa I find this strange and rather distressing.  Is
> > uninstalling the only way to recover from an unknown system password?
>
> The system password is ALWAYS asked for during the initial
> installation. Perhaps you did not read the screen completely and set
> the password thinking that you were setting something else. Did you set
> it to be the same as your sa password?
>
> --
> Lyle U

0
clabbers (8)
11/17/2006 3:01:03 PM
Create a new GP user which has a blank password. Using Enterprise manager
(sql 2000) copy and paste this password (in its encrypted state) into the
system password field in sql. You can get the relevant tables from resource
descriptions

"Randy Hersom" wrote:

> I suffered through a error riddled installation, likely a result of my
> choosing to install to an existing SQL Server.  I set the project aside for
> several weeks.  Today I have thrashed about a bit, done a couple of Check
> Links but I am currently being informed that I need to establish a currency,
> but entering Setup - Financial - Multicurrency I am asked for a system
> password.  As I am logged in as the SQL sa I find this strange and rather
> distressing.  Is uninstalling the only way to recover from an unknown system
> password?
>

> --
> Randy Hersom
> Habilitation Software Inc.

0
Ritesh (15)
11/17/2006 3:10:02 PM
If you are familiar with Dexterity try this:

get first table SY_System_Password_MSTR;
warning Password of table SY_System_Password_MSTR;

"Randy Hersom" <clabbers@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> No, I can assure you that if I set it to be the same as my sa password or
> any
> other familiar password, I would have not posted the question.  I'm not
> denying the possibility that I gave it a system password, but the system
> did
> not emerge from installation in a usable state, and I can not remember any
> password that I gave it.
>
> Do I have to uninstall?
> --
> Randy Hersom
> Habilitation Software Inc.
>

> "Lyle U" wrote:
>
>> Randy Hersom wrote:
>>
>> > I suffered through a error riddled installation, likely a result of
>> > my choosing to install to an existing SQL Server.  I set the project
>> > aside for several weeks.  Today I have thrashed about a bit, done a
>> > couple of Check Links but I am currently being informed that I need
>> > to establish a currency, but entering Setup - Financial -
>> > Multicurrency I am asked for a system password.  As I am logged in as
>> > the SQL sa I find this strange and rather distressing.  Is
>> > uninstalling the only way to recover from an unknown system password?
>>
>> The system password is ALWAYS asked for during the initial
>> installation. Perhaps you did not read the screen completely and set
>> the password thinking that you were setting something else. Did you set
>> it to be the same as your sa password?
>>
>> --
>> Lyle U

0
AAinTX (120)
11/17/2006 3:11:31 PM
You have a couple of options to recover the system password. None of
these are big secrets and all have been around for a while. The also
all require you to have some other type of access to GP.

Option 1) Use Query Analyzer to access SY02400 in the Dynamics DB.
Change the password value to 0x00202020202020202020202020202020. This
will remove the system password. You can then use the interface to set
a new system password. There's a KB with this info somewhere but in
typical CustomerSource fashion, search won't find it today. This is
also why people need to control access to SQL and use Audit Trail
software at the DB level.

Option 2) Download the free Dynamic Data Browser from
DynamicAccounting.net or Winthropdc
(http://www.winthropdc.com/training.html). You must be logged into GP
to use this tool. It's easiest if you use SA to login. Login to DDB and
find the SY_System_Password_MSTR table. Click on it and the password
will be displayed in plain text. Now you know the system password. The
system password is encrypted in SQL. This only works because DDB uses
the logged in GP session to unencrypt the data, the same way GP does
when you're working in it.

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

Randy Hersom wrote:
> No, I can assure you that if I set it to be the same as my sa password or any
> other familiar password, I would have not posted the question.  I'm not
> denying the possibility that I gave it a system password, but the system did
> not emerge from installation in a usable state, and I can not remember any
> password that I gave it.
>
> Do I have to uninstall?
> --
> Randy Hersom
> Habilitation Software Inc.
>

> "Lyle U" wrote:
>
> > Randy Hersom wrote:
> >
> > > I suffered through a error riddled installation, likely a result of
> > > my choosing to install to an existing SQL Server.  I set the project
> > > aside for several weeks.  Today I have thrashed about a bit, done a
> > > couple of Check Links but I am currently being informed that I need
> > > to establish a currency, but entering Setup - Financial -
> > > Multicurrency I am asked for a system password.  As I am logged in as
> > > the SQL sa I find this strange and rather distressing.  Is
> > > uninstalling the only way to recover from an unknown system password?
> >
> > The system password is ALWAYS asked for during the initial
> > installation. Perhaps you did not read the screen completely and set
> > the password thinking that you were setting something else. Did you set
> > it to be the same as your sa password?
> >
> > --
> > Lyle U

0
mpolino (496)
11/17/2006 3:55:41 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_3035D67F

Hello Randy -

Thank you for posting through newsgroups.

We can help you find out what your system password is currently set at but
we would need you to open up a support case through Microsoft in order for
us to do this.

I am not able to post any steps on this site because of this being a public
newsgroup.  Please contact us at 1-888-477-7877 to open a support case so
that we can further help you in finding your system password.

Thank you -
Sarah
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix

issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback

from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_3035D67F

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Randy -
\par
\par Thank you for posting through newsgroups.
\par
\par We can help you find out what your system password is currently set at but we would need you to open up a support case through Microsoft in order for us to do this.
\par
\par I am not able to post any steps on this site because of this being a public newsgroup.  Please contact us at 1-888-477-7877 to open a support case so that we can further help you in finding your system password.
\par
\par Thank you -
\par Sarah
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix
\par
\par issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_3035D67F--

0
sarahcud (28)
11/17/2006 3:59:50 PM
I saw Ritesh's answer first, but he made me work a bit harder than you would
have.  Thanks for the clear walkthrough, hope it will help other Great Plains
customers.

--
Randy Hersom
Habilitation Software Inc.

"Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:

> You have a couple of options to recover the system password. None of
> these are big secrets and all have been around for a while. The also
> all require you to have some other type of access to GP.
>
> Option 1) Use Query Analyzer to access SY02400 in the Dynamics DB.
> Change the password value to 0x00202020202020202020202020202020. This
> will remove the system password. You can then use the interface to set
> a new system password. There's a KB with this info somewhere but in
> typical CustomerSource fashion, search won't find it today. This is
> also why people need to control access to SQL and use Audit Trail
> software at the DB level.
>
> Option 2) Download the free Dynamic Data Browser from
> DynamicAccounting.net or Winthropdc
> (http://www.winthropdc.com/training.html). You must be logged into GP
> to use this tool. It's easiest if you use SA to login. Login to DDB and
> find the SY_System_Password_MSTR table. Click on it and the password
> will be displayed in plain text. Now you know the system password. The
> system password is encrypted in SQL. This only works because DDB uses
> the logged in GP session to unencrypt the data, the same way GP does
> when you're working in it.
>
> Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>

> Randy Hersom wrote:
> > No, I can assure you that if I set it to be the same as my sa password or any
> > other familiar password, I would have not posted the question.  I'm not
> > denying the possibility that I gave it a system password, but the system did
> > not emerge from installation in a usable state, and I can not remember any
> > password that I gave it.
> >
> > Do I have to uninstall?
> > --
> > Randy Hersom
> > Habilitation Software Inc.

> > > The system password is ALWAYS asked for during the initial
> > > installation. Perhaps you did not read the screen completely and set
> > > the password thinking that you were setting something else. Did you set
> > > it to be the same as your sa password?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Lyle U

0
clabbers (8)

Compatibility #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) We use MS Office on both PC and Mac in our office and have massive problems opening up Office Documents on the Mac that were put together on PC's, the formatting gets totally messed up, how do I get around this ? In article <59b777c9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <David_Marriott@officeformac.com> wrote: > We use MS Office on both PC and Mac in our office and have massive problems > opening up Office Documents on the Mac that were put together on PC's, the > formatting gets totally messed up, how do I get a...

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

Install Office X on 2 Desktops
I have recently purchased and installed Office X on my iMac (did not register yet) I would like to know if I can also install same on my new G5 and register at that time? I can uninstall from iMac if required. Can I do 2 desktops in lieu of a desktop and a laptop? Unfortunately installing Office X on two desktops is prohibited by the terms of the EULA, and many people have posted here regarding the fact that on many occasions doing this prevents the application from launching. You'll need to uninstall the software from one of the desktop machines. You have no limitations on product regi...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Users asked to enter Username / Password /Domain when opening outl
Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we eneter it again we get and error that the information store could not be opened. We are running Exchanage 5.5 with Windows 2000. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?= <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DD28037B-B6C8-4575-B0CC-F80C14991716@microsoft.com: > Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / > domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we > eneter...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

how to compare 2 values in a report (Invoice Total vs Payments)
while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if my invoice amount (Table 1 ) does not equal the value of my total payments (table 2). If the values were the same then no message would be printed. Thank You Create a new command button to check the report before you print it. You will have to enter code for the button along the lines of: If [Invoice Total] <> [Payments] Then MsgBox "This account is out of balance" Endif "Rita" wrote: > while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if > my invo...

how do I open excel workbook If i forget my workbook password
I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, because I did not wanted to earase formulas accidently,but now I can't open it because I forget the password. Thanks for help Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "av8rart" <av8rart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D2443918-FEF4-41E6-92C4-9B19A293778A@microsoft.com... > I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, >...

Password protected #2
i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! Anyone got any tips.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Crack it by installing this free utility at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is i >dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! > >Anyone got any tips....? > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Outlook Security Settings #2
I am trying to use Outlook security settings. I have installed the settings precisely as described on the MS site and the settings work perfectly for me and one or two others but not for the rest of my defined group. We are using Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 and Outlook XP. I cannot find any debugging or logging info anywhere and am a little stuck as to what to do next. Can anyone offer any ideas??? jON ...

Need disk # 2 for Home Publishing Premium 2000
The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can successfully copy a #2 disk? I will be more than happy to pay anyone for there trouble. Patsy wrote: > The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing > Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the > setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from > Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can > successfully copy a #2 dis...

deleting rows #2
i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping i have another 100 rows with the title payments. they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight them all together and delete-how do i delete all the ones that say shipping without clicking on each individual row. I am on excel 2007 trial cb wrote: > i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping > i have another 100 rows with the title payments. > they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight > them all together and delete-how d...

Export CRM-contacts to Outlook Global Contact (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I want to export all the contacts in CRM to the Outlook Global Contact, so all the non-CRM-users can find contacts with there phonenumber etc. There is no support for this at all in CRM 1.2 I can do this manually. First export all the contact to Excel and from there back in Global Contact. Now the problem is the 'Save as'-field. You can only set this field by opening the contact, set the field and save it. For one contact is this no problem, for 5000 contacts it is. When I import the contacts I can't set the value of this field. It has a default value, but I need anoth...

ExcelReport 2.0 Released!
Dear all, ExcelReport 2.0 Released! Please check http://www.ljzsoft.com ExcelReport is an Excel report generator that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. If you know how to use Microsoft Excel and write SQL statements, you can use ExcelReport to create all kinds of Excel reports as you need. Main Changes in ExcelReport 2.0 * Design an ExcelReport file with the extension ".xrf". * Add a editor of ".xrf" file. You can create, open a XRF file using ExcelReport. * Change the user interface * Change the syntax of functions. * Can put data of each record i...

Userform #2
I am using a userform which shows me certain information which I would like to transfer to a worksheet in my workbook. What I am seeking advise for is I need help with a code to look up the value in textbox.1 and to look up the same value in column "a" and then copy values from tb2 & 3 into columns b & c. Any help would be great Thanks Greg I created a small userform with 3 textboxes and two buttons (ok/cancel) and one label. I had this code behind it: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Unload Me End Sub Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim ...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Ghost messages #2
I have a user that is receiving emails from an email account that no longer exists on our Exchange 5.5 server. These are email messages that are addressed to a current employee from an employee who is no longer here, not a user who is simply receiving emails addressed to an employee who is no longer here. Can Exchange 5.5 hold messages that are scheduled for a future date separate from the mailbox that created them? Thanks, Robert "Robert" <rwalker@loislaw.com> wrote: >I have a user that is receiving emails from an email >account that no longer exists on our Ex...

Yahoo email #2
how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 Did you bother to read any of the messages here from the last couple of days? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jmslgn asked: | how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:25:01 -0700, jmslgn <jmslgn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 If you're using a yahoo.com email address, you need a p...

I Need Help #2
For whatever reason when I import certain text files, the numbers in certain cells come up for example: 24,00 which excel doesn't recognize. How do I tell the spreadsheet that any cell that has two digits after a comma to add another zero at the end? I am not sure if this helps you, but when you select a cell (or range of cells) hit ctrl+1 or go to format/cells the dialog box lets you customize the cell, the first tab is number and this lets you select the type of cell, like number/text etc. under number it let's you select the decimal numbers desired after a comma. Ben >...

CRM 4.0
Guys, We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username and password when they're coming from an external network. Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I have the CRM Outlook Client install and has always worked. These ar...

Outlook does not remember POP3 password
I have a user that is running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2002. Outlook is cofiured to send and receive mail from the user's ISP POP3 account. However it always asks for the password and does not remember it. Tried using Knowledge Base Article 290684 however I receive the following error: "Unable to save permission changes on protectd storage system provider. access denied." I have also receieved errors 0X800ccc92 and 0X800CCC78. ...

Copy Data from Chart to Chart #2
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Karen - Make a chart for the first employee, and make it look just the way you want it. Then right click on the sheet tab, select Move or Copy, and make a copy. Then make eight more copies....

Outlook access on 2 computers ???
Hello all, I'm currently running Outlook 2002 (Office XP) on my Desktop in my home office with XP Home as the OS. I'll soon be taking this desktop to a new office and purchasing a laptop for home use. This new laptop will have XP Home as the operating system as well and will likely have Outlook 2000 (unless I purchase another newer version of Outlook). My question is: Is it possible to have the same access to my Outlook folders (inbox, sent items, contacts, calendar, etc...) on both my home laptop and my desktop that'll be in my office? I'll be working from my new office m...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. #2
Hi, I've just setup Exchange Server at our office in Mumbai, India, and am facing a very unusual situation. Our domain is hosted on a remote server with 10 POP E-mail id's defined as follows: jtalpade, tshaikh, pshanbhag, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh On my exchange server, i have defined the following users: tshaikh, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh I have kept "jtalpade" & "pshanbhag" out of the exchange server user list as they reside in a different city, viz Delhi & ...

2 data ranges shown on 1 line with 2 axis
Is it possible to have 2 data ranges plotted on one line against 2 value axis?? The X axis will be a dateline. I need to be able to look at a point on the line e.g., 3/07/05 and see a value on the Z axis and a different value on the Y Axis... but on 1 line not 2. I didnt think it was possible, but I have an engineer who believes this is possible. Help please ! cheers, Nadia Excel does not do 3D charts well. Maybe someone else can point you to ways to kluge this. "Nadia" <Nadia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4186078-FEDE-45D4-9849-C7B25804D945@micro...