Sync up GL Accounts and descriptions

Hi All,

We have about 50 companies and would like to sync up our
GL accounts for consolidated reporting.  In the past each
companies' accountants have been able to set up their own
GL accounts but we are going to take that permission away
and make it so that we have one master GL account list.
What we need to do now is somehow compare all the
companies GL accounts to the master, add the ones needed
to the master and make sure each company has the same GL
account.  We also want to clean up the Account names.  We
have thought about doing this company by company in EXCEL
or in ACCESS but we were wondering if there was a better
way to do this.  Is there a way to do this in SQL?  I am
guessing that cleaning up the Account Names in SQL would
be pretty easy but is the only table we would need to
affect the account master table for each company?

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

You should get backoffice tools for GL
one of the tools there is a trigger that does exactly what you want -
You define the master company ans when and it rolls the new account into all
companies.
I havent actually used it, but I know it exists.

I have used changer to change the account numbers.  You will ofcourse need
this too to move the balances from the old account to the new account.  it
goes through the database to see where the old account might be used as a
default and changes taht as well, which is pretty neat.

HS

"Connie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> We have about 50 companies and would like to sync up our
> GL accounts for consolidated reporting.  In the past each
> companies' accountants have been able to set up their own
> GL accounts but we are going to take that permission away
> and make it so that we have one master GL account list.
> What we need to do now is somehow compare all the
> companies GL accounts to the master, add the ones needed
> to the master and make sure each company has the same GL
> account.  We also want to clean up the Account names.  We
> have thought about doing this company by company in EXCEL
> or in ACCESS but we were wondering if there was a better
> way to do this.  Is there a way to do this in SQL?  I am
> guessing that cleaning up the Account Names in SQL would
> be pretty easy but is the only table we would need to
> affect the account master table for each company?
>
> Thanks!

0
HSalim (1270)
12/1/2004 1:32:13 AM
Thanks HS!  We have changer and have used that but last
year it dropped a couple of accounts on us and since then
we have been afraid to use it.

I am not sure I understand about backoffice tools and how
it works.  We use Master Company for new company setups.
How does it help companies that have already been set up?

Thanks again.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/1/2004 3:11:50 PM
Connie,

There is a tool that you can buy from Microsoft (through your GP partner)
called Master Triggers (it is part of a suite of tools called Back Office
Tools or Professional Service Tools).  Once you set this up, when you create
a new account in the 'master company' database it will create the same
account in each of the companies that you have specified.  However, I
believe this will only work for new accounts, not existing ones.

Hope that helps,
Victoria

Thanks HS!  We have changer and have used that but last
year it dropped a couple of accounts on us and since then
we have been afraid to use it.

I am not sure I understand about backoffice tools and how
it works.  We use Master Company for new company setups.
How does it help companies that have already been set up?

Thanks again.

0
victoria (3340)

Merchant Accounts
Who are folks using for merchant accounts through RMS? I looking for best prices and ease of integration with RMS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael Hi Michael Check out Abanco - http://www.abanco.com/index.php/ips/rms. They have an RMS plug in and give you a web interface to manage your payments. Dominic mhodgdon wrote: > Who are folks using for merchant accounts through RMS? I looking for best > prices and ease of integration with RMS. Any help would be greatly > appreciated. > > Michael ...

xp home user accounts
i am using outlook 2003 with XP Home. It works fine w/ my XP account but when i try to use it in my daughters XP account i get this error message, "Unable to open default email folders. File Access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Windows\outlook.pst". My xp account is the owner/administrator account and my daoughters is a limited account. Is there any way that i can get Outlook to work on both accounts? >-----Original Message----- >i am using outlook 2003 with XP Home. It works fine w/ my XP account but when i try to use it in my daug...

Vanguard accounts
All, I have a taxable Vanguard investment account where I have several funds. When I download the data Vanguard proposes to structure the data so that each fund be its own account, or to consolidate the data into one account (in such a case the fund information is still captured correctly). What are the pros and cons of doing one vs the other? Thanks! On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 21:23:02 -0700, J. Delage <J. Delage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All, > >I have a taxable Vanguard investment account where I have several funds. >When I download the data Vanguard proposes ...

sending information to an email account
Hi. I just wanted to make a log book where staff record times that the log in and out of work. I was wondering if anyone knows how to send of the current time, member of staff (with their own password)to somewher secure where staff cant get at it...like the managers email account (i you have any other suggestions, for alternatives to an email accoun LMK). thanx for your time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi take a look at Ron's examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm HTH Frank > Hi. I just wanted to make a log book where staff record times that > they l...

Lead Field Values not available in Account
I have created some new values in the Industry pick list (i.e. Govt - Federal) for the Lead system, and it all works fine. If I convert the lead into an account, and then look at the new account's Industry pick list, I see "36" instead of Govt - Federal. Is there a way to map those two fields so that the values are always the same, or will I need to create the same values in both the Leads and Accounts section each time a need a new, custom value? Thanks! Adam Hi Adam, You will have to recreate the new values in Accounts as well. Pay attention to the id's that the ...

Keeping Checking Accounts separate with Online Statements
I think this is an annoyance and nothing I can fix -- but I think they should fix it!! Tell me if I'm wrong. I have two checking accounts at the same bank. One is mine, the other is Hubby's. He just recently decided to change his check numbers and went down to a range I'm in. He doesn't enter his checks as timely like I do, and when the online statements are brought in, Money decides to fill in the check Payee as something that I put on my same check number (about a year ago!) and fill in the same category. It's an annoyance. Shouldn't I be able to tell t...

Not able to set up more than 5 accounts.
Hi Everybody, Im running Outlook 2002 on XP Pro and I've got 5 mail accounts setup and working OK. If I try to set up a 6th account the Outlook Test button gives me all the green ticks but if I try to Send/Receive all the accounts the first 5 accounts work ok but the new account doesn't, the Send and Receive details box reports that "The connection to the server was interrupted". If I delete one of the earlier accounts which are working fine the new account works OK but if I then add the deleted account (which was working fine) this account then reports back with the same ...

Cant transfer from a current account to loan acccount
Hi I am unable to "transfer" from a current account to a loan account. From the current account, I select 'Tranfer', then from the 'To' box, I am unable to find my loan account in that list. Please can you advise the method of paying down a load account from a current account? Thank you in advance. Use Loan Payment and delete the Interest portion in the splits. Set the Principal Transfer amount to the amount you want to transfer. Assumes not Money Essentials (MEss) not Essential Register. "April" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:u...

Integration Manager and Analytical Accounting
Does the latest service pack (4 )of IM import data that is entered to GL also in analytical Accounting tables? Is there a data file format available? Any information to this respect will be greatly appreciated. thanks. -- Patti Patti, You can import data into AA tables with IM if using the eConnect Adapter. As for format, you need to have four source queries, as follows: Transaction Header |_Entries |_Analytics |_Dimensions NOTE: All data may reside in one file, but you will need to have source queries to achieve the relatioship (1 to Many) needed for IM to...

Why does Outlook 2003 send using random email accounts
I'm having a problem where Outlook decides on its own which of the 3 accounts I have set up to send emails from... that's either a new/ reply/forward... If I don't notice I get some very interesting responses from mail forums rejecting from the wrong address... etc... I've had a fairly good dig round www and can't find anything of any use, in fact there's several other postings on other forums that haven't been successfully answered :( I have the latest AVG installed and updated daily, as well as Spybot S&D that updates every week... Hoping someone can sort ...

Detailed Trial Balance for GL
My company just started using GP at the beginning of this fiscal year 2006 for them which began on 9/1/2005. I was not here at that time but now I'm trying to figure out why the Historical Detailed Trial Balance for FY2005 is not including all the BBF transactions or the P/L for the Retained Earnings Acct. When we run the Detailed TB for 2006, the beginning balance is correct and includes all the adjustments but the Historical Detailed TB for 2005 shows only the first BBF transaction. Running a detail Inquiry on the Retained Earnings account shows all the transactions. My unders...

Outlook sync w/Novell Groupwise...
Can Outlook successfully synchronize w/Novell Groupwise? ...

question on reassigning account
When we reassign account, the new owner gets ownership of all the open items underneath the accounts. (For example, the Cases for the account!). Is there a way to change the ownership for accounts without affecting the ownership of the child records? There isn't any way to avoid this in the current version. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "smitzer" wrote: > When we reassign account, the new owner gets ownership of all the open items > underneath the accounts. (For example, the Cases for the account!). Is there > a way to change the ownership for...

GL Year End Closing
Dear Sir or Madam: We’re using GP 7.5 When we closed the year 2005, GP system should Brought Forward The Ending balances for 2005 (all Balance Sheet accounts) as Beginning Balance (BBF) for 2006. But in our case, dose not doing so. on the other hand, the GP system gives us an unbalanced entry for Retain Earning report for 2005. The unbalanced amount equaled the amount should affect the Retain Earning account. And GP system Brought Forward only the Retain Earning balance amount to 2006. When we’re making an inquiery about any Balance Sheet account in 2006, its appear without beginning B...

Time shift in calendar items after sync
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Tried syncing my entourage calendar to ical and iphone 3G with my new Macbook Pro. With previous Mac my syncs been working fine for some time but have new computer is a different story. When I got to sync entourage and calendar items, the items are six hours later. Tried backing up entourage, erasing ical and entourage and reimporting backup calendar and get same result. I can import entourage calendar into ical and it looks fine (correct times) but it will sync with the iphone but not the...

synranising account
how can i syncranise my account i use office 2003 student and teacher addidtion and i am using hotmail muneeb khalid <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how can i syncranise my account i use office 2003 student and teacher > addidtion and i am using hotmail Synchronize it with what? -- Brian Tillman ...

Issue with Outlook Mobile Access
Dear all, Since a few days I've got a weird issue with Outlook Mobile Access (OMA). Everything worked fine, untill a few days ago. I had a notification on my phone (Palm Treo 750 with Windows Mobile 6), wich stated that there had been a change on the server (SBS 2003 SP 2). I did not implement any changes this week, apart from the usual updates. The notification said I had to re initialize my mail, contacts, agenda, etc., and because there was no other option, I did. Since then everything syncs normal, apart form my calender. Items on the server (wich can be seen / a...

how do i use excel for assignment in accounting?
You provide much more information about your needs. What do you want to do? Which version of Excel do you have? And other stuff that may be relevant. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:59:01 -0700, jayne <jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Jayne No one knows your business nor what you want to do as well as you do. Flesh out your question by telling us what you have, what you want to end up with, and how you can get from one to the other. You will get lots of help. HTH Otto "jayne" <jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Wrong Email Account
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and a number of POP3 accounts with it. All of the accounts send and receive fine except for one which always uses the email address of my default account rather than the email address of the account i want it to use. I have tried deleting the email account and recreating but no joy. Anyone come across this before? Thanks in advance Greg Greg Moseley <greg@greggers.co.uk> wrote: > All of the accounts send and receive fine except for one which always > uses the email address of my default account rather than the email > address of the account i ...

Download to wrong account
I did a one-way ofc download into Money Plus Home and Business. In the wizard, I selected the wrong Money account. Now when I download the account info, it automatically goes into the wrong account. I tried blanking out the financial institution, but that didn't help. Jim In microsoft.public.money, JimB wrote: >I did a one-way ofc download into Money Plus Home and Business. In the >wizard, I selected the wrong Money account. Now when I download the account >info, it automatically goes into the wrong account. > >I tried blanking out the financial institution...

Upgrade to 03 and syncing with my Pocket PC
I'm about to upgrade to Outlook 2003. I have 2002 on my PC and Pocket PC. Will I have a problem syncing if I don't upgrade the Pocket PC. Or does the desktop upgrade also upgrade the Pocket PC? Thanks As there is no newer version on the Pocket PC OS than 2002 there should not be any problem concerning the compatibility with Office 2003. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Actually, there is a 2003 version of the Pocket PC OS. To answ...

Exchange Active Sync Error 0x80072EE7
I have a Tre0 700w and I can't get it to sync with my exchange server2003 through the net. I am able to send and receive e-mail through smtp and pop3 but I can't sync. I keep getting this error. I have opened port 443 on my firewall and I have enabled mobile services. Is there anything else that I need to do? On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Tre0 700w and I can't get it to sync with my exchange server2003 >through the net. I am able to send and receive e-mail through smtp and pop3 >but I can't s...

Problem Synchronising with Hotmail Account
This is the error message that I had been receiving:- Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' It was a random problem initially, but now I can't seems to sync at all. Please help. ...

Create Exchange User Account
I have an Exchange Server running on the DC of DomainA. I registered another internet domain name DomainB.com. How do I create a user on the same Exchange server to handle mail directed to user@DomainB.com? I already created the MX records to direct traffic to this exchange server. Thank you for your help. Which exchange version? "wmp789" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2cd101c49b46$4ca62770$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have an Exchange Server running on the DC of DomainA. I > registered another internet domain name DomainB.com. How > do I ...

business portal project accounting #2
When will project accounting functionality be in business portal. We have a high need for business entities based on project data as well as making requisition management integrate with project po's. PA Time & Expense was a good start, although that product lacks alot of functionality, now what about all the other peices to manage projects in Business Portal??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...